Coronavirus

Peter

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Those trucks ain't going nowhere and it's hard as hell to ignore all those goddam trucks. They're blocking the goddam roads.

If you want to follow the progress of "Freedom Convoy 2022" ... here's their Facebook page and a detailed convoy schedule from the Action 4 Canada website. The end point is Ottawa on the 29th. 

https://m.facebook.com/Freedom-Convoy-2022-100286905896085/

convoy.jpg
ACTION4CANADA.COM

Convoy Route Schedule and live updates

Looks the streams of convoy components will be avoiding one of North America's most congested freeways -- Highway 401 in Toronto.  It doesn't take much to stall truck traffic in the best of times:

I don't know if this is an "authorized" poster, but it sets a goal that perhaps some of the protest will linger in Ottawa.  

lockdown-ottawa.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is a story the mainstream media is trying to kill. But it's hard as hell to ignore all those goddam trucks.

:)

HISTORIC! Over 50,000 Truckers Join Freedom Convoy Through Canada Protesting COVID Mandates – Massive Crowds of Canadians Show Up In Support

Canadian-Trucker-Rally.jpg
WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

An estimated 50,000 Canadian truckers are traveling across Canada in a massive caravan protesting the COVID mandates. Conservative...

Nobody is talking about this right now in the mainstream media because shortages from truck delivery have not yet hit the stores. But pretty soon it will.

And then the chattering class will start chattering, the mainstream media will try to spin this as Trump's fault or something, Canadians will hate Trudeau even more, and the world will go on.

Except for one thing.

Those trucks ain't going nowhere and it's hard as hell to ignore all those goddam trucks. They're blocking the goddam roads.

Michael

I love this because jobs like trucker are fundamental for a thriving society. Cops, sanitation workers, farmers, construction workers, tradesmen... these jobs are the foundation to an economic structure that can only be built on top if the level below is stable. The foundation of our economy is shifting because it's being treated as if it's ornamental, like a lot of other jobs. The health of a society's economy is derived from those foundational jobs, and so too should its culture be derived from those people. Those people have been decoupled from the system where they were deemed inconvenient... yet still relied on. People need to experience consequences before they can understand that something is wrong.

• Upvote 1

Tucker constantly aware and on point. While silence from the Objectivist Org.

shutterstock_1053730526.jpg
BROWNSTONE.ORG

The obvious answer to the current instability is mass resignations within the administrative state and among the class of politicians that gives it...

• Thanks 1

The grass root movement/s will properly take off as a force to be reckoned with which effects changes and resignations, when many and most of the vaccinated themselves, (by need and choice, by inclination, or from employment extortion and psychological blackmail), loudly come on board too, unequivocally for everyone's freedoms, on principle.

Are you listening, you vaxxed? Or hiding away?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, anthony said:

Are you listening, you vaxxed? Or hiding away?

Am I bragging? Maybe. As always, listen to your doctor and the medical community, Anthony. My docs recommended the three shots of Pfizer and now I personally feel safe enough to go where I wish. Just across the border in Delaware (no sales tax!) they still require masks but otherwise I would feel no need for a mask. As an Objectivist, I avoid non-scientific theories, especially the ones that can get you killed. 

We had 14 inches of snow and blizzard conditions and a lot of 2 foot high or more drifts, but no power outages. My one indoor cat goes to the glass, outside door and stares at the snow, but she won't go out. I have plenty of bird seed and the blue jays, sparrows and cardinals really flock to it out on the back, cement patio and driveway.  

I followed the FLCCC prophylaxis protocol and 'feel' just as save, well a little saver actually, having not been subjected to a medical experiment for which I have no recourse for negligence( not very O'ist).

I've had a coworker die after being admitted to a local hospital with a covid infection, a lot of my wife's customers have been symptomatically infected and so have a few of our daughter's caregivers. As far as we can tell none of us have had an infection with symptoms. We even traveled to Nashville for a week during the summer, no masks and prior to starting the FLCCC protocol, it took longer than I expected to source Ivermectin , ironically it was delivered hours after we hit the road to Nashville , but given the length of our stay having it on hand meant if needed we could start a therapeutic course within the effective timeframe regardless.

Things to consider, in response to the "argument from intimidation" of the  "Listen to your doctor/trust 'The Science' or you're not an Objectivist!" crowd*:

Selected passages from various interviews from 100 VOICES: AN ORAL HISTORY OF AYN RAND:

pg. 274:
Kathyrn Eickoff, friend and financial advisor:

You knew Miss Rand after her lung cancer operation in 1975.

"We tried and failed to talke her into exercisting more and taking vitamins to help her get more strength. She said that she couldn't do exercise because she had no energy. We tried to explain to her that that was because she didn't do any exercising, that if she would exercise she would have more energy. She wouldn't do anything with vitamins because she would have to do a lot of research to find out which vitamins did what and which ones were of questionable value. She had one doctor that she trusted, and if he didn't say something, then she didn't do it."

Pg. 300:
Wesley Halpert (Ayn Rand's dentist):

What did she say about your work?

"
Oh, she loved it. She recommended patients to me, so I know she liked it."

Did Miss Rand say anything else about dental care?

"No, she put herself into my hands. Of course, I explained everything and that's what impressed her."

She wanted to know everything?

"She sure did. I explained the whys and wherefores, because I don't do anything if I don't have a reason for it."

During these post-work discussions, she gave you a lot of time. Why?

"She liked me as a person and a professional. She thought I was very rational in my work."

Did you discuss with Miss Rand the political/economic situation that you experienced as a dentist in the 60's, with government encroachments on the medical professions, such as Medicare?

"Sure. Ayn saw it as the impending death of the medical profession. She was very upset about that."

pgs. 500-502:
Murray Dworetzky, Ayn Rand and Frank O'Connor's internist: [This is the doctor who famously gave her a "reason" to stop smoking]:

What was Ayn Rand like as a patient?

"Excellent. She did what you asked her to. You had to explain in great detail anything you wanted her to do, why and where."

Tell me about Miss Rand and her lung cancer.

"I was the one who made the diagnosis....She was a smoker, and I used to yell at her to stop smoking....She would say, 'Give me a rational explanation for why I should stop smoking.' She was very big into rational. I had just gotten her X-rays, and I put them up on my viewing box. There was a nodule in her lung, and I tapped the X-ray and said, 'There's a good reason right there.' She quickly put her cigarette out, and I said, 'I'm afraid it's too late.'

"...She knew exactly what was the cause of her cancer. She never smoked another cigarette.

Generally, what was her health like when she was your patient?

"She was in good health, generally, except for the smoking. She always was a healthy woman. I don't remember her ever being sick. I think she came in mainly for routine checkups once a year.

"....She was strictly business in my office: not a lot of humor, not very light-hearted. She came in with a problem, it was taken care of and that was it. It wasn't that she wasn't polite-but she was straightforward and there was not a lot of nonsense, playtime- give and take. It was partly my doing because I sort of felt that was the way she wanted it and I respected that. I liked to tailor my attitude with patients towards their particular needs."

What was her attitude towards doctors?

"She thought a lot of my work. She was very much into competence and efficiency. She was very fond of doctors who were good. She didn't view them as gods- she viewed them as technicians. The way that were are, really."

Did you kid Miss Rand about her philosophy?

"No. I just said to her, 'You'll have to forgive me, Miss Rand, but I'm really not into your philospophy.' "

What did she say?

"Something like 'Just be a good doctor and you're into my philosophy."

[*and no, it's not to say that Rand was perfect  (she erred in smoking, yes), or a medical expert, don't even try that...the point is that she didn't blindly "trust the science" without reason or explanation (as stated above, she didn't see doctors as "gods". Rather, the point is to  "Trust and verify". Trusting science,  not "the Science", especially not government-enforced "The Science". Rand trusted her doctors when they earned her trust.  Her own doctors understood and respected that, as opposed to those doctors who tell you to shut up, and listen, and take your medicine like a good like subject...]

[Edit 1/31: And note that Rand wasn't a passive participant, but actively did her research and follow-up. If she wasn't comfortable taken VITAMINS without futher research, does one really think she would take an experimental "vaccine" on faith? Let alone shame "students of Objectivism" into doing the same?]

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

way to fuck up the movement…

Did he actually freaking say that some businesses had to close and some people had to stay home ( referring to the last few days ) ?!?!??!?!?

Saskatchuwan is now free! 

Toronto is now moving towards freedom!!!

Fucking with Terry Fox memorials makes some people upset. Not much we can do about that.

In the related whatthefuckery, the Canadian Legion got worked up about alleged partying and pissing on the National War Memorial, and persons unknown dancing on the Unknown Soldier. It's a cenotaph, dumbfuck. It's a monument to the casualties of war. It's a sombre place because of the dead.  If you want to dance on your dad's grave, do so after you carefully murder him, but not here, thanks.

Of course any of these magnified errors are almost certainly bad apples from a relatively happy and innocuous 'occupy' collection of people, right?

Yes, the vast majority of the assembled crowds are not stupid enough to piss on a grave, but organizers could have made a few things clear going in ... if not quite so specific as 'don't dance on any war memorials' or 'don't expect to have a shit your entire time in Ottawa.' Same goes for the Nazi flag spotters. Bad apples. Still, the organizers could have said 'if you display swastika flags some of us patriots might lose our tempers.' 

On the other hand and back to my main point, what did the organizers  raise millions of dollars for, if not for portable toilets? Thousands of people have had no choice but to shit outside when the time came to evacuate bowels. 

Put another way: why did the people who raked in fucktonnes of donations not have shitters at their party?

Not that Occupy New York had any better sanitation, but.

Finally, one of the main organizers is a White Power Joo-hate piece of shit. 

PS -- my estimation of the vast majority of assembled crowds comes from sampling ground-level feeds from various vantages. These people seem to be happy warriors from what I have seen so far.

PPS -- number of words the Ontario premier has spoken about the Ottawa, Ontario rally? 

Zero. Canny man.  Why pop up and remind everybody that all the other-than-border-crossing mandates are strictly provincial matters ... ?

Edited by william.scherk
NB -- cuff accident posted this by error, before it was fully edited. Which should buy me at least fifteen minutes before the first quote ... sausage is made.

TG suggested moving the truck convoy discussion off of the Coronavirus thread and go to a thread about Canada.

He started the ball rolling here. Check it out.

I like the idea. Here's what I wrote on the other thread.

4 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

That was one hell of a thread drift, wasn't it?

I should, I suppose try to move the Canadian truck convoy discussion over to here, but the last time I tried to do something like that, I deleted the entire friggin' thread and it was a mess getting it back up.

However, I do suggest a few links back and forth between the threads and hopefully the discussion ends up settling here.

Let's see if it happens.

Michael

14 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Rather, the point is to  "Trust and verify". Trusting science,  not "the Science", especially not government-enforced "The Science". Rand trusted her doctors when they earned her trust.  Her own doctors understood and respected that, as opposed to those doctors who tell you to shut up, and listen, and take your medicine like a good like subject...]

'The science'. Wasn't that: identifying the nature of a virus, the natural and ancient distribution of, the effects on the body, the human immune system which generally copes (or sometimes doesn't) with it, and whom to concentrate on strictly keeping away from it - and who are safe? Altogether, buried and concealed science.

Was that supplanted by the laboratory science where are concocted the chemicals to inject the population with, willy-nilly, whether in need of (especially - those in no need of) or not? Effective and necessary for many of certain (scientific/medical, pre-identified) types and conditions but which fail utterly to control the population spread? Which, logically, precludes any necessity for injecting the whole population with.

That 'science'?

The old science of viruses can be trusted and verified. Validating the risk/rewards of chemical interventions takes much longer. Human trust 'in extemis' will border on blind faith by the people. Who ¬need¬ to believe the given Science authority.

• Upvote 1