Elon Musk and Twitter

Thanks ThatGuy. The twitter replies to the Elon Musk had some interesting commentary such as the following.   

Donald Trump Jr. wrote, “Elon musk is terminating his agreement to buy Twitter: So basically Twitter has a huge amount of spam accounts —way more than they let on — and has gotten busted for it!!! As I said weeks ago spam accounts are probably 50% not 5% of Twitter users . . .

14 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

LOL: The take on this from Twitter rival PARLER:

As expected, Elon Musk has found out only what we all knew: there’s something iffy abot Twitter. On Friday, Musk’s lawyers filed his notice of intent to pull out of his $44 Billion takeover. The Big Tech company, which wanted nothing to do with Musk, and tried to fight off all his advances, now appears desperate to close the deal. 🤔

If the courts give the okay, Musk might be able to walk away only out $1 billion (does he own that much Dogecoin?), while Twitter still has a slew of questions to answer from investors, users, and particularly advertisers.

Imagine… someone was willing to pay $44 billion for free speech, when everyone can have it for free at Parler.

17ff2a2e-d4c0-4b46-866e-17e179a7f71d.jpg

• Smile 1

TG,

I think Musk is going to end up finalizing the deal.

He's going to get the price way down, then buy.

In fact, this is a variation on what China does--that is, pay off those who matter and allow a little trash talk along the way. (They have a Chinese word for this, including a correct translation, but I don't recall it right now. It's not "nasty talk" but it's something like that.)

The people in charge of Twitter as property are the ones who matter. Musk promised to pay them off big-time.

And the woke keyboard warriors and bot controllers who work for a pittance had a fit. Not to forget their Deep State masters. They DEMANDED that Musk not be allowed to buy Twitter. Those who matter said they were right.. sure.. a Musk purchase was complicated... you know... sort of...

Now, after Musk dangled all that money in front of those who matter then walked away, Twitter is trying to sue Musk to force him to buy Twitter.

:)

Who has the leverage?

There's a reason Musk is a billionaire and they are not. He plays this game well.

Michael

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2022 at 11:20 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I think Musk is going to end up finalizing the deal.

Big Daddy dissents ...

• 2 weeks later...

"Judge Greenlights Investigation into Big Tech Colluding against Free Speech"

markzuckerberg-big-tech-facebook-biden.j
SLAYNEWS.COM

A federal judge has greenlighted an investigation into major Big Tech companies over allegations they have been colluding to stifle free...

"The case alleges that the oligarchs of Silicon Valley, including Facebook, Twitter, and Google, colluded with Democrat President Joe Biden’s administration in an effort to violate the First Amendment rights of American citizens."

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a huge fan of Elon, but I swear he keeps winning me over by what he is doing.

For example, I have some serious misgivings about the directions Neuralink is going, so I looked at Elon being interviewed about it. Neuralink is a company that develops and sells implantable brain–machine interfaces (BMIs). 

Elon Musk: Neuralink, AI, Autopilot, and the Pale Blue Dot | Lex Fridman Podcast #49

That link above is to a YouTube video, but the owner of the YouTube account does not allow that video to be embedded on other websites for some reason. No problem. Just click on the link and watch the video if you are interested.

During the interview, Elon came out with this (and don't forget that monkey brain and limbic system are synonyms in this context): 

The cortex is constantly trying to make the monkey brain happy. It's not the cortex that's steering the monkey brain, it's the monkey brain steering the cortex.

. . .

The difference in intelligence between your cortex and your limbic system is gigantic. Your limbic system really has no comprehension of what the hell the cortex is doing. It's just literally hungry or tired or angry or sexy or something, you know? And that communicates that impulse to the cortex and tells the cortex to go satisfy that.

That nails a fundamental part of the brain I have constantly tried to get across here in O-Land--without too much success. But until that foundation of the human brain becomes clear in O-Land--in philosophical terms--the Objectivist philosophy will always carry a huge amount of cognitive dissonance with it for newcomers.

Once this fundamental part is accepted and accommodated philosophically, the glory of the human mind can be raised as Rand did, but with a stronger reality-basis. Which means, that fundamental part should no longer be denied or blanked out as it normally is.

Look at it this way, Elon is developing brain-machine implants that work. Objectivists are not. That shows a huge difference in knowledge about how the brain works.

Anyway, the reason I brought this up is because Elon won me over in something else.

Wikipedia Co-Founder Jimmy Wales Flips Out on Elon Musk over Criticism of Leftist Bias, Calls Him ‘Stupid’

Elon-Musk.jpg
WWW.BREITBART.COM

Tesla CEO Elon Musk recently criticized Wikipedia by stating that the free online encyclopedia is losing its objectivity, enraging the online encyclopedia co-founder Jimmy Wales. After Musk pointed out the...

This issue is that Wikipedia redefined the word "recession" in a manner that kissed the ass of Biden and his predator class cronies, then locked the page for comments.

So this happened.

Then Wales, right there on that Twitter thread, said Elon was reading too much Twitter and this was making him stupid. (It's the ole' "you're a poo-poo head" rebuttal. :) )

What's worse, do you know why this triggered Wales?

Because Mike Solana is a billionaire and Elon's tweet shed the wrong kind of light on Wikipedia for Wales to be comfortable with.

Wales doesn't give a crap about what the users of Wikipedia feel or think, especially the unwashed masses. He does give a crap--and a huge crap at that--about the predator class he toadies up to.

There are a couple of inadvertent prizes I got from looking into this. The first is that Mike Solana is awesome. I looked at some of his tweets, then immediately followed him on Twitter in order to learn more about him.

He's into manufacturing and realizes you cannot outsource metal virtually. As in raw materials. You have to dig metal up from the ground, so it is better for the USA top dig its own metal up rather than let dictatorship countries dig it up for us. That's kinda duh for us out here in reality, but it's odd to see a billionaire say it. :) 

The second thing is that one of the founders of Wikipedia, Larry Sanger, who is no fan of Wales, replied to Elon to say he has a new encyclopedia search engine (which I think is brilliant).

EncycloReader

I've looked at this and it is awesome. Once you learn how to use that thing, you can get info from Wikipedia, but also get it from other online encyclopedias for comparison. Bye-bye censorship. Also, each time you search for a topic, it sucks in the content (which is in the public domain) to its own indexer, thus it will become a research and search powerhouse as it goes along. I know I am going to start using it. 

But back to the Breitbart article. Not only did Wales call Elon stupid in a poo-poo head manner, he also came out with this gem when someone indicated--on Mike Solana's tweet thread--that he might be frustrated', implying that's why he called Elon stupid. Here is the Tweet I got from the article.

It didn't take long for this to happen.

Duh...

That Wales guy used to be an Objectivist.

What an embarrassment. 

His cortex is ONLY serving his monkey brain these days. It's not serving anything for the glory of the human mind as his Ayn Rand roots implies, that's for sure

Just as his nose has found its home up the asses of the predator class.

Jimmy Wales: Embarrassment and sell-out.

He chose that with his eyes open.

I have not talked much about him because he came from out neck of the woods and achieved something, but seeing him turn that achievement into authoritarian propaganda, I no longer have any use for him. I don't expect my view to mean anything to him, but my view means a lot to me. Fuck him.

I might change my view about Elon Musk later, but despite all his government involvements, including the CCP (which gives me indigestion), I'm beginning to see him as a rational hero who is helping destroy the woke authoritarian culture that pervades the USA right now.

Michael

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

The fact that the stock is not being hammered on that point alone leads me to believe that the market knows that Musk or someone else is going to bid for the stock at at least $55+.

Musk or anyone else wants the stock to go down significantly on the real number of users not including bots.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Latest plot twist.

If you like seesaw soap operas, this one is fun.

Michael

Let the "spin" begin...
Scott Galloway: "This isn’t Musk deciding to close, but twitter calling his bluff and the chancery court ready to enforce it (agreement)."

Pump and dump anyone?

elon-musk-twitter-logo-7-640x480-getty.j
WWW.BREITBART.COM

SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk is reportedly offering to buy Twitter at his original offered price of $54.20 per share.

From the article:

Despite the political alarm from the left, the prospect of the Musk takeover going through immediately boosted Twitter’s share price, which spiked more than 13 percent on today’s news.

That's the real story.

Now it's just follow the money.

Since Musk is clever enough to know about this effect in advance, I am curious to see where he benefits from it.

Wouldn't it be funny to catch a bunch of woke lefties dumping their Twitter stock to rake it all in from the price surge?

Michael

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Pump and dump anyone?

elon-musk-twitter-logo-7-640x480-getty.j
WWW.BREITBART.COM

SpaceX and Tesla CEO Elon Musk is reportedly offering to buy Twitter at his original offered price of $54.20 per share.

From the article:

That's the real story.

Now it's just follow the money.

Since Musk is clever enough to know about this effect in advance, I am curious to see where he benefits from it.

Wouldn't it be funny to catch a bunch of woke lefties dumping their Twitter stock to rake it all in from the price surge?

Michael

Why would that be funny?

I haven't been to Gab in a while.

I just went there and saw this:

f5e4f04d824a7372.jpg
GAB.COM

Catturd on Gab: 'Dear Elon Musk … When you buy Twitter, just make the check out to the FBI. Cut out the middleman.'

LOL...

btw - This Gab post embedded directly here on OL, and I see I have signed up for a lot of people I like, so I think I am going to use Gab a lot in the near future in addition to the other ones. It's quick for me to post here and I prefer giving Gab my business than Twitter.

Michael

This is the same thing with the vaccine propaganda. Most people would think that bots on Twitter would not have any effect on an intelligent person's evaluation of the situation, but I believe even stuff like this can sway very smart people. It does have an effect on the masses, and when you create any social pressure to have a particular opinion you make contrarian thought more effortful... which means even smart people will avoid, to some degree, the entertaining of ideas that contradict the narrative.

• Thanks 1

On 10/4/2022 at 4:27 PM, Strictlylogical said:

Ok I see what you did there. 

They are so used to pump and dump, like a reflex,

they forget the price on the market even after blip, is still well below what final owners of shares are gonna sell out to Musk for.

S,

That's on the surface.

Now for the underlying part.

Suppose the idea of the lefties is just to milk Musk, not to actually sell Twitter.

Don't forget that Twitter is overrun with intelligence organizations the world over. They run a lot of the bots. And they have a lot of secrets about dirt the world over. It's reasonable to assume some of this dirt is in Twitter files.

And suppose Musk, after seeing some of the dirt that he didn't see at the beginning, says "Hell no! I ain't gonna do this! You idiots are batshit crazy."

And they tell him, "You will do it or else and you will do it our way. After all, your mother lives and such-and-such place." And they insinuate other shit, including that was just the beginning.

So he says, "I'll buy it at the original price. No conditions. You're move."

But we all know he doesn't want it anymore. The goons at Twitter certainly know it. They know some of the Deep State secrets.

And they know Musk is stalling with his latest offer. But because of his offer, they see the stock price going up. They know if they sell now, they can buy their stock back at cheaper later when-and-if Musk doesn't buy. After all, it will tank and tanking stock is no big deal since the Deep State doesn't give a shit about stock prices. Their thing with Twitter is influence. So the Twitter goons look again and convince themselves Musk will not buy.

Since the pump happened, they dump.

Now tell me that's not funny, too.

And if they do dump, and Musk really does buy, how funny will that be?

Michael