Ukraine and Endless War for Profit

Michael Stuart Kelly

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

What in hell is right.

For regulars and for what it's worth, this guy's IP resolves to Mongolia.

Seriously.

It might be a VPN, but Mongolia?

Dayaamm!

I guess we are bothering someone...

:)  

Michael

"No one ever expects the Mongolian Inquisition!"
(wait, that's not it...)

Jimmy has a good handle on the emotional part of this.

And he uses a fake news Karen to boot.

InQd6FuB8qc_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

On a recent episode of CBS’s Sunday morning show “Face the Nation,” host Margaret Brennan badgered, berated and harangued at Chinese Ambassador to the U.S. Qin Gang, demanding that the Chinese...

But pay attention to Jimmy's part. He's actually describing the way the propagandists want people to be in this entire Ukraine business. Fear and hatred.

The predator class creatures are probably pissed they lost their clandestine bioweapons labs and their "muh Russians" bogey man story ain't working to gin people up this go around.

:evil: 

Michael

I've always had mixed feelings about David Harriman.

But I like this post of his from Facebook:

Don't fall for the media narrative on Ukraine / Russia. 

Now we hear that Zelensky has banned political opposition parties and "consolidated" the media into one state-run organization. And he approves of the Nazi divisions of his military. But we are told that Zelensky is a hero and Ukraine is a model of democracy. 

In fact, Ukraine is one of the most corrupt countries on Earth. It is also a tool of the globalist "deep state." Soros helped put Zelensky in power. 

Say what you want about Putin, but the man talks straight. Read his list of demands for ending the Ukraine conflict; they sound reasonable to me. For example, get rid of the bioweapon labs that the USA built for you, get rid of the Nazis in your military, give up your ambitions to take over Crimea, repeal the law against the Russian language, etc. Ask yourself this: Why was there no progress in negotitions, when Russia's demands seem reasonable? Why did Russia's invasion start so slowly, obviously with the intent of minimizing civilian causalties? Why did Ukraine take action to maximize civilian causalties by demanding weapons from the USA and NATO, and then putting them next to schools and hospitals? 

I'll end by saying something that will piss off a lot of people. If I had to choose between Obama, Hillary, Biden, and Putin---I would choose Putin. Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

The thing is, I don't even agree with him, not on his choices and not on his oversimplified depiction of the situation. (And there's this, his spelling is careless :) )

With choices like he gave, I choose none of the above.

From my lens, what is to be gained choosing between dog shit and bat shit and gopher shit and bull shit? 

However, I think there is a bit more going on. I sense, from David's tone, he is giving the middle finger to the people who want to persuade through propaganda and peer pressure. People who want to get compliance and agreement through bullying. And that means a lot of people in O-Land. Sad, but true.

That middle finger is the part I resonate with.

My respect for David Harriman just increased ten-fold.

Good for him...

Michael

On 3/22/2022 at 9:26 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

On another note, the keyboard jockey dorks over are Reddit are not doing too good when they go to Ukraine.

For those who want to follow this up:

6RVDfM2mFt0_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

Watch The FULL Podcast Show - http://Youtube.com/TimcastIRL Become a Member - https://timcast.com/join-us/ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAY12XCx694 Tune in randomly...

Someone needs to get through to online people. I'm thinking a lot about how to do this, but I have no answers so far. Too much money and power on the other side.

But before talking about Rand, this simple message needs to get across and it isn't getting across to large swaths of people:

War is not a videogame.

People die in war.

Michael

On 3/23/2022 at 4:09 AM, anthony said:

"I cannot imagine my own country in isolation from Europe and what we often call the civilised world"

Putin, in 2000, when expressing a wish to join NATO. Rather ironic, since blocking Russia was NATO's central purpose. By holding Putin off, perhaps it needed to keep its reason for existence? And sustain the Cold War mentality?

There was an opportunity wasted by NATO. The way to keep a lone wolf on the outside and dangerous, is to refuse it acceptance in the fold, punished for past behavior. Once in, it needs to abide by common rules and can be closely observed by other members. Unlike an Iran, which hasn't ended its aggressive involvement in other countries and threatening behavior to the West- a pariah, while appeasingly being permitted its nuclear ambitions - and which displays no amenability to civilized standards, Putin tacitly showed that he was amenable to changes by his country in order to enter the international and modern community. This could have been a chance to bring the already nuclear Russian Federation under the NATO umbrella and prevent any expansive aspirations. Rejected, it simplistically seems, Russia pragmatically has turned to China.

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

For those who want to follow this up:

Someone needs to get through to online people. I'm thinking a lot about how to do this, but I have no answers so far. Too much money and power on the other side.

But before talking about Rand, this simple message needs to get across and it isn't getting across to large swaths of people:

War is not a videogame.

People die in war.

Michael

A movie is reality and reality is a movie. They get blurred into one another.  Kinda the obverse of "art imitates reality", many believe their lives are occurring in a work of art. What one would call primacy of consciousness.

On 3/23/2022 at 4:43 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The thing is, I don't even agree with him, not on his choices and not on his oversimplified depiction of the situation. (And there's this, his spelling is careless :) )

That middle finger is the part I resonate with.

My respect for David Harriman just increased ten-fold.

Interesting--you disagree with what he actually says, but because you sense some sort of similar emotional content, you like him 10 times as much. In other words, you freely admit you don't give a damn about facts or the truth, but you judge people by their emotional resonance with you and LOVE people whose emotional outpourings show they belong to your group. Comrade Putin is very pleased with you, Gospodin, following the party line so well without explicit instructions from Moscow.  Moscow needs more shills like you.

3 hours ago, Abiding Dude said:

In other words...

AD,

That phrase works well when it clarifies issues that are vague or complicated.

It is also useful for people who want to distort things.

In your hands, you distort. 

You attribute to me positions I do not take and have not written. Until you get what I say right, I see no reason to defend anything I say against any of your criticism. When you get what somebody says wrong and their words are clear and you do it on purpose, that is called trolling. That's not all trolls do, but it is one of the things they do.

Epistemology-wise, I doubt you have understood a single word I have written about cognitive before normative, but you are very clear on your hatred of Putin and Russia. That, I conclude so far from what little you have written, is one of the core themes driving your need to criticize others.

OK. Let's look at that.

You hate Putin and Russia. Putin, as well as Russian leaders before him, lie and do dastardly things.

I don't think anyone disagrees with that. I certainly don't.

But does that mean nobody else lies and does dastardly things? Nobody in Ukraine and the US government, for example, lies and does dastardly things about, say bioweapons, as your words have implied?

Heh...

Michael

The bioweapons part in Ukraine is now starting to come out in the mainstream.

And guess what?

Yup. The fucking Bidens and Deep State again...

Tucker Carlson Cites A Connection Between Hunter Biden And Ukrainian Biolabs

Screenshot-492.png
THEPALMIERIREPORT.COM

Tucker Carlson Cites A Connection Between Hunter Biden And Ukrainian Biolabs

But let's look at the report from National Pulse that this article is based on.

EXCLUSIVE: Hunter Biden Bio Firm Partnered With Ukrainian Researchers ‘Isolating Deadly Pathogens’ Using Funds From Obama’s Defense Department.
The U.S. President’s son was instrumental in funding a firm conducting pathogen and anthrax research in Ukrainian biolabs.

AB69C8F7-5EE6-4768-93A6-D5466E17FB0D.jpe
THENATIONALPULSE.COM

An investment firm directed by Hunter Biden was a lead financial backer of a pandemic tracking and response firm that collaborated on identifying and isolating deadly pathogens in Ukrainian laboratories...

You can read the details in the article, which is written by Natalie Winters
and Raheem Kassam, two of the best journalists in the media accuracy-wise.

Raheem is almost like a partner to Steve Bannon and the very young Natalie (I think she is around her early 20s) is a beast research-wise. She is turning out to be the Deep State's worst nightmare. 

You will see what I mean if you look at the article. Do you want names, links, documents, technical research and other forms of identification and proof along with clear explanations? Read the article and you will not be disappointed.

For those with less time, the gist is that Hunter Biden and his pals are embedded in this Ukraine biolabs project up to their eyeballs. And so is the Pentagon. Now, especially for those mentally challenged about dot-connecting, the Pentagon focuses on war stuff and funds it. That would include bioweapons...

Here. Watch Tucker talk about it (including his own speculations about bioweapons).

FhyCd.qB5eb.1.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

Tucker Carlson cites reporting by The National Pulse saying that a private equity firm run by Hunter Biden funded some of the research in Ukrainian biolabs.

This is getting uglier and uglier.

Wouldn't it be a bitch if one of the reasons Russia invaded Ukraine was to get rid of these bioweapons labs on its border? That would give him the moral high ground and I don't like the idea of Putin with the moral high-ground...

It beats China with the moral high ground, which the idiots and racketeers in the Deep State are so anxious to provide all the time, but not by much.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You will see what I mean if you look at the article. Do you want names, links, documents, technical research and other forms of identification and proof along with clear explanations? Read the article and you will not be disappointed.

For those with less time, the gist is that Hunter Biden and his pals are embedded in this Ukraine biolabs project up to their eyeballs. And so is the Pentagon. Now, especially for those mentally challenged about dot-connecting, the Pentagon focuses on war stuff and funds it. That would include bioweapons...

Really good article. If true, Hunter Biden's group's doing damn good standard scientific work. For example:

One paper aimed “to better understand anthrax epizootiology in Ukraine,” collecting samples from anthrax hotspots with funds from the U.S. DTRA’s Cooperative Biological Engagement Program in Ukraine.

“We tested wild boar serum samples collected across Ukraine for antibodies to B. anthracis and determined whether exposed boars were associated with livestock anthrax hotspots,” explains the paper.

Zoonotic diseases are a major threat to human health; it's good they're taking part in global efforts to monitor and diagnose them. (But then you'd need basic scientific literacy to recognize that, so of course that seems to have gone right over your head.) Oh, and bioweapons? Not according to the authors. That's just your little bit of Moscow-leaning slander added in. Keep up the good work, Gospodin--you'll get those sweet sweet rubles yet!

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But does that mean nobody else lies and does dastardly things? Nobody in Ukraine and the US government, for example, lies and does dastardly things about, say bioweapons, as your words have implied?

Another perfect example of the fact that you're so well trained by your Muscovite master that you yet again automatically equate biolabs and bioweapons. Tell me, which exchange rate do you use when you declare the rubles in your foreign income to the IRS?

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here. Watch Tucker talk about it (including his own speculations about bioweapons).

FhyCd.qB5eb.1.jpg
RUMBLE.COM

Tucker Carlson cites reporting by The National Pulse saying that a private equity firm run by...

So basically, what Carlson's saying is he's paid so little attention to the news that all the different biolabs the US is involved in are complete news to him. So secret, so hidden, that Wikipedia had a page about them at least as long ago as 2014. Funny, I heard all about supposed bioweapons labs years ago when Putin was saying the same stupid lies about the Georgian lab. So what am I supposed to believe, Tucker Carlson and your own ignorant speculations because you weren't aware of long-standing news, or my own lying eyes?

Edited by Abiding Dude
Correct typo.

I'm musing out loud right now, but I'm glad this happened.

It helped clarify something in my mind. So I thought I would just riff a bit and share.

I don't see OL as a vehicle for directly persuading hostile people. I used to, but I learned the hard way that this is a huge time suck when trolls show up. Remember the crazy lady? The doll troll? Pross? Even a longstanding and highly-esteemed member who turned bad (think Jon...)?

OL is more for people interested in making themselves and the world better. They come here to get involved with arguments and viewpoints and discussions that will help them in their own efforts. They like these interactions.

People don't have to agree. We start with Rand, but we certainly don't have to end up with any specific mold to flow into. Take a look at the regulars here. On some issues, they have directly opposing views and that is fine.

To get along on OL, people just have to hold ideas over bad behavior in their priorities. Note that I'm not talking about banter or even sassiness. (God knows I would have to moderate myself if that were the case. :) )

And I'm not talking about holding ideas many disapprove of. There's even a guy who posts here sometimes who declares himself antisemitic. But he stays on the ideas side and doesn't resort to Jew-baiting. So I respond when I disagree, strongly when relevant, but otherwise I'm fine. (I wasn't always this way. I've had my own learning path and some of it has been a slog. But this is what I've grown into.)

I'm talking about bad behavior as a default, usually control freak stuff--trying to bully others, constantly insulting them to their face, trolling them to get a reaction, that kind of thing. What people believe about this will be evident in their actions. 

Frankly, I love people who grok this. Having people like that around me--having you, OL readers and members, around me--makes OL worth all the time and effort I put in here.

Michael

• Upvote 1

I was bopping around Gettr and came across this posted by Lara Logan:

It's a video from March 3. But I swear, you can learn more from this about today's context than just about anything I have seen from today or the last few days re Ukraine and Russia.

The first 50 minutes or so is Lara Logan being interviewed and the rest, about another hour and fifteen minutes, is Scott Horton from antiwar.com. The interviewer is Clint Russell from Liberty Lockdown.

The direct video. Enjoy.

In the beginning, you have to jump to 6:00 or so just for Lara to log on. Then she had some difficulty with the camera, masking tape, etc. and only after a few minutes did she get started.

But then she let loose.

It began...

What a glorious outpouring of the big picture with just the right balance of reason, outrage, dot-connecting--everything. Don't forget, Lara has years of war correspondence for CBS behind her. So her perspective is from live on-the-ground experience and from being among the world's elites as a reporter.

Clint hardly participated. You can see him gobsmacked as she went on. By the end, he was in total awe.

Frankly, so was I.

In fact, I am going to rewatch that one.

After Lara signed off, Scott Horton entered.

I had not seen or read anything by him before, so I started really getting into his amiability, super-level of knowledge and big picture view. Besides, I was super-primed to like him by Lara's brilliant monologue in rant style. Scott even did a swipe or two at Trump and I didn't mind.

But then the worm poked its head out of the side of the apple. Scott asked Clint if he was aware of what Murray Rothbard wrote about George Washington--a total monster...

Well, there's that...

My problem with the antiwar.com crowd ever since the beginning was brilliantly illustrated by that one remark.

I'm not going to dismiss them this time, though. I am going to let them into my intellectual life. Just because they go whacky on US history at times like the Lew Rockwell people do (you ought to see their Abe Lincoln stuff :) ), that doesn't mean we are at cross-purposes at getting the US out of needless wars. We fully agree on that score.

They are extremely well resourced and they make you think. So what the hell. Facts make you smarter, not dumber...

And there's this. Pat Buchanan is a featured columnist over at antiwar.com and, in the video, Scott mentioned him in a semi-reverential tone. What an interesting tapestry...

So I do not regret one second of my time watching Scott. In fact, I believe my understanding of the Ukraine Russia mess and even the world stage regarding that region improved.

To repeat from the top, I learned more from this video dated March 3 about today's context with Ukraine and Russia and China than I did from anything more recent I have looked at.

Watch it if you get the time and you will see what I mean.

Michael

As long as I am on a Lara Logan roll, here's another from yesterday.

4hZb0zwWRnQv_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

📲 Get your emergency food supply today. http://preparewithandweknow.com/ ——————————————————— 🔋 Have Backup Energy...

It's longish, but just as great as her other stuff.

The last few minutes of this video ends a bit religiously, but I don't mind.

I really don't. In fact, I like the goodwill vibe.

What's wrong with sincere heartfelt peace and love and goodwill and desire for protection and desire to protect against bad things?

Nothing. That's what.

Michael

I won't mention any particular numbers but Russia's "reported war dead" does not come near to other countries' estimates. Meanwhile on state TV Putin is acting silly.

The number of refugees is 3.6 million, half of them being children. The U.S. said they will take in a hundred thousand of them. 

Ukraine is reporting Russia is using white phosphorus bombs, which is an escalation in the severity of explosions, deaths, and burnings.