Coronavirus

Peter

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

That's easy. It's the way you sound about Trump.

It goes something like this.

The Brandens are liars liars liars and they lie. Oh, they've done something good once in a while. But their real problem is that they lie. And why do they lie? Well, because lying is all they do. Everything they touch is characterized by their lies. They lie because they can't not lie. Granted, there are those things they did that were good, and I have to give them that. But those lying liars lie all the time. They lied in the past, they lied in the present, and they will lie in the future even though they are dead.

They are lying liars who lie all the time.

That sounds like you talking about Trump and racism. Trump does not have a racist neuron in his brain. (Ask Ben Carson and countless others.) Racism is the standard bullshit charge all current elitist establishmentarians levy against anyone who threatens the power of the elitist establishment.

Wanna contemplate simple proof?

Look at history.

Before Trump was winning in politics, we was held up by the people in your bubble as a person who was particularly NOT racist. He was given many honors by the black community--the very same people who now call him racist.

And when did they start calling him racist? When he started winning. Then they changed, kicked in the fake news propaganda machine and tried to get everyone to start calling him racist. That bullshit trickled down to people like you--people who now believe it sight unseen and sound unheard like an axiom. All you see and hear is what they tell you to see and hear.

They hate Trump and, by extension, you hate Trump.

That's the way Valliant worked about the Brandens. Others hated the Brandens, starting with Ayn Rand after the break, so he hates the Brandens.

It's not just hatred, though. It's second-hand hate.

That's why you get confused when I call you a hater. You don't feel it as intensely as you do something personal. That's because you carry second-hand hate in your soul, a soul that doesn't want to hate anything by default. 

But like a good little automaton, off you go hating all the time... It just pops out...

I think you're better than that, but for now, it is what it is. Awareness takes time, especially by the submissive... 

Michael

Find where I ever called Trump a racist. I don't think he is, never have. I explicitly refer to HiS BASE,HIS SUPPORTERS, whose votes he needs.

He panders to these  "very good people" with swastikas on their skins, and no, I don't ,think he is a neo Nazi either.. He is just a politician who has an excessively low ethical bar, even for a politician.

Yeah the coveted neo nazi base, you could lose Ohio and Florida but you better have the white suprematist votes. 

America is full of them , seriously there are white people everywhere here. Though most  of us don’t actually have swastikas as tatts , little gauche , ‘88’ easier to disguise.

2 hours ago, tmj said:

Yeah the coveted neo nazi base, you could lose Ohio and Florida but you better have the white suprematist votes. 

America is full of them , seriously there are white people everywhere here. Though most  of us don’t actually have swastikas as tatts , little gauche , ‘88’ easier to disguise.

T,

It's very difficult to cut through bigot logic once it is embedded in someone's soul.

The people who once fought racism (and bigotry) have turned into the very thing they once despised. They can't see it, though, because the color of skin and things like that blind them with second-hand hatred.

Michael

Yes, there are white people everywhere who are willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with White supremacists,antiSemites and assorted   loose cannons aimed at anybody they don't like the look of, if that is what it takes to get Trump back into power.

I think they are in the minority of white people in the USA, but I suppose all these recounts will prove me wrong.

3 hours ago, caroljane said:

Find where I ever called Trump a racist. I don't think he is, never have. I explicitly refer to HiS BASE,HIS SUPPORTERS, whose votes he needs.

He panders to these  "very good people" with swastikas on their skins, and no, I don't ,think he is a neo Nazi either.. He is just a politician who has an excessively low ethical bar, even for a politician.

The Dems pander to BLM and such ilk. For real 

--Brant

• Upvote 1

I read that China and Russia are having a resurgence of Covid. My family and I went to a restaurant called Warren's Station in Fenwick Island, DE today. For me it was the first time in about 15 months that I have eaten inside a restaurant. It's biggest draw is seafood but I got the roast turkey, succotash, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I left a good tip and brought home a piece of cheese cake for a late dessert.

5 minutes ago, Peter said:

I read that China and Russia are having a resurgence of Covid. My family and I went to a restaurant called Warren's Station in Fenwick Island, DE today. For me it was the first time in about 15 months that I have eaten inside a restaurant. It's biggest draw is seafood but I got the roast turkey, succotash, and mashed potatoes and gravy. I left a good tip and brought home a piece of cheese cake for a late dessert.

Good thing you didn't eat the fish.

--Brant

1 hour ago, caroljane said:

Yes, there are white people everywhere who are willing to stand shoulder to shoulder with White supremacists,antiSemites and assorted   loose cannons aimed at anybody they don't like the look of, if that is what it takes to get Trump back into power.

I think they are in the minority of white people in the USA, but I suppose all these recounts will prove me wrong.

Carol,

I don't understand why you took your own words and quoted them as if tmj said them, but I fixed it. Now they are presented in your post as your words, not his.

I know you have trouble with your tablet, but this is kinda elementary...

Michael

10 hours ago, caroljane said:

White people is racist. Try European American. Black is also racist. Try African American.

--Brant

39 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

White people is racist. Try European American. Black is also racist. Try African American.

--Brant

Thanks for for the tip Brant, but I've already tried them.

Sebriously, I was echoing tmj's phrase in his preceding post. And he was using it sarcastically in evocation of me clutching my liberal pearls. As you probably already know, Granite Skin.

Ol' Ecru Carol

🥋

10 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

The Dems pander to BLM and such ilk. For real 

--Brant

Equate all you want, but   black lives do, in fact, matter, while to the Camp Auschwitz crowd, Jewish lives don't. For starters. A bit of a distinction in philosophies there.

So who are the good guys , BLM(tm) and their BDS cohorts?

No curiosity as to why the Left, and their media minions are so racist/identitarian ? 

Or why they try and conflate nationalism ( America First) with the wholly in-congruent ethno-nationalism of fascists?

Take a small page from Rand and recognize the importance of ideas/ ideals , no ?

And our esteemed host MSK and apply the cognitive and then normative approach to identification?

Human life matters , hell all life matters or why bother.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Peter said:

I read that China and Russia are having a resurgence of Covid.

There seems to be a fair amount of vaccine "hesitancy" in Russia, according to a New York Times article: 

Covid News: Moscow Orders Shutdown as Russia Battles New Wave of Cases

Overall, Russia reported 13,510 new cases on Saturday, the highest number since February and a 50 percent rise from a week earlier. Just as worrying to epidemiologists is that Russia’s vaccination campaign appears to be stalling. President Vladimir V. Putin said on Saturday that 18 million people had been vaccinated in the country, which is less than 13 percent of the population, even though Russia’s Sputnik V shots have been widely available for months.

“Right now, we can vaccinate everyone in Russia given the volume of vaccine being produced,” Mr. Putin said at an annual state awards ceremony at the Kremlin on Saturday, according to Interfax. “The question is that, as always — it’s a typical phenomenon here — people are cautious about all such procedures.”

The two-dose Sputnik V vaccine is 91.6 percent effective against the coronavirus, according to peer-reviewed research published in The Lancet in January. But polls show that nearly two-thirds of Russians say they do not plan to get the vaccine. 

Also from the Times, concerning the so-called Delta variant:

In China’s latest outbreak, doctors say the infected get sicker, faster

s the Delta variant of the coronavirus spreads in southeastern China, doctors say they are finding that the symptoms are different and more dangerous than those they saw when the initial version of the virus started spreading in late 2019 in the central city of Wuhan.

Patients are becoming sicker and their conditions are worsening much more quickly, doctors told state-run television on Thursday and Friday. Four-fifths of symptomatic cases developed fevers, they said, although it was not clear how that compared with earlier cases. The virus concentrations that are detected in their bodies climb to levels higher than previously seen, and then decline only slowly, the doctors said.

Up to 12 percent of patients become severely or critically ill within three to four days of the onset of symptoms, said Guan Xiangdong, director of critical care medicine at Sun Yat-sen University in the city of Guangzhou, where the outbreak has been centered. In the past, the proportion had been 2 percent or 3 percent, although occasionally up to 10 percent, he said.

37 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

There seems to be a fair amount of vaccine "hesitancy" in Russia, according to a New York Times article: 

Covid News: Moscow Orders Shutdown as Russia Battles New Wave of Cases

Also from the Times, concerning the so-called Delta variant:

In China’s latest outbreak, doctors say the infected get sicker, faster

Meanwhile, a Canadian province is stalled from reaching Green status by falling just short of 75 percent of the population at least once.-vaccinated.

And I think I know most of those refuseniks! (N.B.'s population is not large.) I think I better go out and harangue them. They'll probably take the needle to avoid that.

4 hours ago, tmj said:

Nearly 75% of NBers following the science , that must be comforting.

In Worcester County, Merlin where I live around 50 percent of the population has been vaccinated. I went into a store to get a bottle of Crown Royal which is drunk by Queen Eliza by the way and there were no masks. No one was sick. The guy taking some beer boxes out to put in the dumpster held the door for me. Ah. Amnesia, ah, I meant America! Of thee I sing.         

9 hours ago, william.scherk said:

This is truly misguided and mean of me, but the more Russians and Chinese who die from totalitarianism, the loss of liberty, the loss of GNP, and the loss of their lives from a stupid fear of a scientifically proven Covid vaccinations is better off dead per Evolutionary Physiology. Only the strong shall survive.

7 hours ago, Peter said:

This is truly misguided and mean of me, but the more Russians and Chinese who die from totalitarianism, the loss of liberty, the loss of GNP, and the loss of their lives from a stupid fear of a scientifically proven Covid vaccinations is better off dead per Evolutionary Physiology. Only the strong shall survive.

Let's flip this around, and see how it goes over:

"This is truly misguided and mean of me, but the more Americans who die from totalitarianism, the loss of liberty, the loss of GNP, and the loss of their lives from a stupid fear of a virus with a scientifically proven survival rate for most people, and treatable with HCQ instead of an experimental vaccine, is better off dead per Evolutionary Physiology. Only the strong shall survive."

Same energy...

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

If I may, just one little tweak , small really, not much of concern to the public but, " governmentally approved experimental gene therapy injections" , there is no real universe in which they can be called scientifically proven , and one could quibble with the legal definition of vaccine, but hey get the shot !

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

Let's flip this around, and see how it goes over:

die from totalitarianism, the loss of liberty, the loss of GNP, and the loss of their lives ....

Great example of bathos !