Coronavirus

Peter

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

For some people caught somewhere between bootlicking and terror, an option is being bruited about, at least according to the [insert colourful adjective] folks at VICE:

Anti-Maskers Ready to Start Masking—to Protect Themselves From the Vaccinated

Dear Lord who art in Ottawa. When did the Onion marry the Beaver and beget....Reality 21?

Irony, anyone?

‘Real Time With Bill Maher’ Cancels This Week’s Show After HBO Host Tests Positive For Covid-19

HBO has scrapped this week’s episode of Real Time with Bill Maher after the comedian tested positive for Covid-19. Maher, who is vaccinated and asymptomatic, tested positive during the premium cable network’s weekly PCR testing ahead of the show.

:) 

Michael

The latest "conspiracy theory" (I can call it nothing else) going around is that the vaccinated have magnets sticking to their arms...part of the "5G microchip" conspiracy theory."

People are making videos of magnets stuck to their arm, but we know to "believe half of what we see, and nothing of what we hear"...easy enough to fake...(a little adhesive goes a long way...)

https://www.bitchute.com/video/c3NTi9vd0H9K/

Now, Snopes is saying "False", but we know about Snopes...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/magnets-covid-vaccine/

So, then...Can anyone who's received the vaccine tried this? Can anyone confirm or deny?

"Inquiring minds want  to know..."

On 4/20/2021 at 10:54 AM, william.scherk said:
On 4/7/2021 at 6:33 PM, william.scherk said:

Peter and William and death

The vaccinated will die, the unvaccinated will be hunted.  By Mike Adams's reckoning, I shall likely be swept away in the tide of deaths by fall.

Next-door (to BC) in Alberta, the United Conservative government has lost the support of part of its caucus, and public opinion polls suggest that Jason Kenney might just lose power after a single term, due in large part to perceptions that his government has mishandled its pandemic response.  

A minor caucus revolt is underway ...

Two MLAs kicked out of Alberta UCP caucus hours after call for Premier Jason Kenney to resign

On the other hand, which Canadian government hasn't mishandled its pandemic response?

"Mistakes were made ..."

Of 50 states and 10 provinces, Alberta is a standout for grim statistics and sad examples ...

How Alberta's COVID-19 crisis became 'absolutely frightening'

[...] Also on that day, the province had more than double the per capita rate of active cases than second-place Ontario, according to data crunched by CBC’s Robson Fletcher. And those cases have driven Alberta’s seven-day per capita rate to a new record: It’s now 440.5 per million population, more than any other province or state in North America; in contrast, hard-hit Ontario has a rate of 247.7 per million population. 

[...]

For a while after the second wave of cases subsided in February and into March, the situation in Alberta looked relatively good, at least on the surface. Hospitalizations were declining, as were the number of new cases. Then, as the province relaxed its public health measures, the number of COVID-19 cases started to go up, first slowly, then faster and faster as the more infectious variants of concern (VOCs) took hold in Alberta, just as they had done already in Ontario. “If you reopen too much or too soon, inevitably what has happened was going to happen,” says Gibney, a professor emeritus at the department of critical care medicine at the University of Alberta. By the beginning of April, the VOCs accounted for half of all cases in Alberta. At that point, the rate of spread became exponential, doubling every seven days. 

Edited by william.scherk
Added link and excerpt

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I wonder what this is all about, I wonder...

From the Ottawa Citizen, with some context for speculation:

Maj. Gen. Dany Fortin steps down from vaccine roll out job after military police launch investigation

1 hour ago, Jules Troy said:

Lol who knows?  Perhaps the partner wasn’t even one of the 31 genders!

I don't know where you came up with that total, but I have been wondering about that myself. Who is that person to themselves? If they are genetically male but see themselves' in their own minds as female, who are they at their "core?" Recently Jeopardy and other shows have had "male looking and acting" women/people who "seem to be" female but dress and seem male. So, they obviously should be judged by who "they" are. I can't imagine saying, in an unwoke 1950's way saying, show me your balls!    

• Smile 1

Today, 19 May 2021, from the Ayn Rand Institute’s New Ideal Live:
“The Pandemic in the US and Around the World: An Interview with Amesh Adalja”
facebook.com/AynRandInstitute/videos/146121930830405
Blurb:
“The US has made remarkable progress in vaccinating a large percentage of the population. However, vaccine hesitancy seems to be on the rise, and there’s a dramatic surge of Covid cases around the world. What is driving all of this? Join Agustina Vergara Cid as she interviews Amesha Adalja, a well-known expert on pandemic preparedness, on these issues and more.”

I haven’t watched the video and don’t plan to; reading the blurb was enough to turn me away.   “Number of cases,” whatever it is, cannot by itself be a scary number.  The only scary number is the number of people permanently injured or killed.  And you can divide the latter people into those who were already infirm (very elderly, or had a serious disease, or did not take care of their health, e.g. obese or vitamin D deficient) and those who were not infirm.  Cal them the healthy group and the unhealthy group.

The “healthy number” has always been small.  And though it’s hard to tell from the mainstream news, the “unhealthy number” seems to have fallen, perhaps due to better treatment.

Judging from Amesh’s past pronouncements, he doesn’t admit that excellent (and inexpensive) treatments for Covid exist.  Since such treatments do exist, there is no reason to risk taking an experimental vaccine.

“Experimental” is an adjective these vaccine promoters never use.

The people at the Ayn Rand Institute have been pushing the non-Russian vaccines in other ways besides this video.  It takes the form:  “Isn’t capitalistic innovation wonderful?”

Added:   If Amesh is worried about number of cases, some people claim that vaccination causes people to spread the virus.  This claim is based on leaked Pfizer memos but it isn’t clear how severe and long lasting the problem is.

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

Today, 19 May 2021, from the Ayn Rand Institute’s New Ideal Live:
“The Pandemic in the US and Around the World: An Interview with Amesh Adalja”
facebook.com/AynRandInstitute/videos/146121930830405
Blurb:
“The US has made remarkable progress in vaccinating a large percentage of the population. However, vaccine hesitancy seems to be on the rise, and there’s a dramatic surge of Covid cases around the world. What is driving all of this? Join Agustina Vergara Cid as she interviews Amesha Adalja, a well-known expert on pandemic preparedness, on these issues and more.”

I haven’t watched the video and don’t plan to; reading the blurb was enough to turn me away.   “Number of cases,” whatever it is, cannot by itself be a scary number.  The only scary number is the number of people permanently injured or killed.  And you can divide the latter people into those who were already infirm (very elderly, or had a serious disease, or did not take care of their health, e.g. obese or vitamin D deficient) and those who were not infirm.  Cal them the healthy group and the unhealthy group.

The “healthy number” has always been small.  And though it’s hard to tell from the mainstream news, the “unhealthy number” seems to have fallen, perhaps due to better treatment.

Judging from Amesh’s past pronouncements, he doesn’t admit that excellent (and inexpensive) treatments for Covid exist.  Since such treatments do exist, there is no reason to risk taking an experimental vaccine.

“Experimental” is an adjective these vaccine promoters never use.

The people at the Ayn Rand Institute have been pushing the non-Russian vaccines in other ways besides this video.  It takes the form:  “Isn’t capitalistic innovation wonderful?”

Judging from a video you haven't watched and don't plan to,....what do you have against capatilistic innovation? My own researches find It wonderful!

CJ begins by mocking my not watching the video.  It’s true of course that if I were going to review the video I’d have to watch it.  But I think I’m entitled to make a few remarks based on the blurb.  I have more fun things to do than listen to that pompous so-and-so. Amesh.

Then CJ claims I have something against capitalistic innovation because I ridiculed ARI for promoting the Make-You- a-GMO vaccines as such an innovation.  A hilarious non sequitur.  The point is that the Make-You- a-GMO vaccines may be as valuable an innovation as cyanide for a cold.

1 hour ago, caroljane said:

... capatilistic innovation...

Carol,

Where?

This is, after all, a site based on Ayn Rand's ideas. I know of nowhere at any time ever--not even in a time-warped imaginary future in a world turned upside down--did Rand consider massive government sponsorship of giant corporations to be a form of capitalism.

Remember the term "laissez-faire"?

Hellooo...

People know I support Trump, often in Randian terms, but I would never consider Operation Warp Speed to be capitalism in any form. It's a government program.

Michael

This should not be news. Gen. Mike Flynn thinks the coronavirus was used as misdirection for the Nov. 3 election last year.

He's also not afraid of the virus. He said he's been using hydroxychloroquine for 30 years.

I look at that and think that, even if I did buy into to the establishment view, this is one man's opinion. What's the big deal?

But ruling class heads are exploding all over the fake news and fake social media.

Ya' gotta hand it to these ruling class bad guys. They learned their public demeanor well. They got it from organized bigots and religious fanatics and ran with it.

Michael

Here is a signal that the propaganda war is changing.

The following would never have been allowed to happen in the mainstream, nor even allowed to  be on Twitter, just a few short months ago.

You can read about it here:

Talk Show Host Wendy Williams Leaves Dr. Oz Stuttering When She Repeatedly Says She Will Not Be Getting the Covid Vaccine (VIDEO)

I never paid much attention to Wendy Williams before. Now I might start...

Er...

Nah...

She's cool, but that's not my kind of program.

I love how she left Dr. Oz, who has transformed into a shill for the establishment (good, bad and ugly), completely like a deer in the headlights--without knowing how to approach the topic. After all, he answers to his masters after the show is over and this was a massive fail.

Michael

I haven't posted much from Styx these days. I'm not crazy about embedding YouTube videos because big tech sucks for freedom, so I have to use my work-around for "pseudo-embedding" videos from other sites. It's not bad, but clunky to do.

Anyway, Styx has a very, very interesting take on why there is such media chaos about the Wuhan lab starting the pandemic instead of plain vanilla across-the-board censorship like before. The bad guys are trying to get a handle on this story because they know they can't stop it anymore.

BIDEN IS TERRIFIED OVER THE WUHAN LAB ORIGIN OF COVID BEING DISCLOSED: HERE'S WHY

image.png

The idea is that the Wuhan lab was set up with huge support by Obama. Most people don't realize that. American taxpayers under Obama paid for a huge chunk of the lab--a lab who's main purpose is to design deadly bioweapons (under the excuse of providing for disasters before they happen, blah blah blah).

What's worse, the huge number of politicians involved in this made it a sure thing that nobody worried too much about observing strict protocols when handling deadly materials. They were focused on social concerns as their primary, not science. Science-wise, they were sloppy even though the danger of an escaped bioengineered virus could kill off humankind as we know it.

This is a massive fail on almost any level one can conceive. If this story gets into the mainstream in layman's language, it will be disastrous for Obama and his legacy. Obama will come off as evil, incompetent, and probably both in the minds of people on all sides of the isle, especially among those who have lost loved ones.

And this will automatically lift Trump up even among his enemies for how he handled the crisis and the warnings he gave out at the time.

Now here's the payoff.

Biden-wise, who was in the White House as Vice President when the Wuhan lab was set up the way it was?

Why Biden himself.

He was there and he was grifting off the Chinese at the time.

That means Biden himself had a big role--a direct role--in causing the pandemic.

If this story gets into the mainstream in these terms, all hell will rain down on Biden and his peeps. Obama, too.

I, personally, think this story makes sense and I hope it travels far and wide.

I will be watching and commenting.

Michael

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I haven't posted much from Styx these days. I'm not crazy about embedding YouTube videos because big tech sucks for freedom, so I have to use my work-around for "pseudo-embedding" videos from other sites. It's not bad, but clunky to do.

Anyway, Styx has a very, very interesting take on why there is such media chaos about the Wuhan lab starting the pandemic instead of plain vanilla across-the-board censorship like before. The bad guys are trying to get a handle on this story because they know they can't stop it anymore.

BIDEN IS TERRIFIED OVER THE WUHAN LAB ORIGIN OF COVID BEING DISCLOSED: HERE'S WHY

image.png

The idea is that the Wuhan lab was set up with huge support by Obama. Most people don't realize that. American taxpayers under Obama paid for a huge chunk of the lab--a lab who's main purpose is to design deadly bioweapons (under the excuse of providing for disasters before they happen, blah blah blah).

What's worse, the huge number of politicians involved in this made it a sure thing that nobody worried too much about observing strict protocols when handling deadly materials. They were focused on social concerns as their primary, not science. Science-wise, they were sloppy even though the danger of an escaped bioengineered virus could kill off humankind as we know it.

This is a massive fail on almost any level one can conceive. If this story gets into the mainstream in layman's language, it will be disastrous for Obama and his legacy. Obama will come off as evil, incompetent, and probably both in the minds of people on all sides of the isle, especially among those who have lost loved ones.

And this will automatically lift Trump up even among his enemies for how he handled the crisis and the warnings he gave out at the time.

Now here's the payoff.

Biden-wise, who was in the White House as Vice President when the Wuhan lab was set up the way it was?

Why Biden himself.

That means Biden himself had a big role--a direct role--in causing the pandemic.

If this story gets into the mainstream in these terms, all hell will rain down on Biden and his peeps. Obama, too.

I, personally, think this story makes sense and I hope it travels far and wide.

I will be watching and commenting.

Michael

Well, Mike Pence was totally behind Trump on Operation Warp Speed and supported him in every way we know of, and likely more we don't know of.

Shouldn't he get some kudos for that?

Likewise if he supported Trump in any mistaken decisions, he should share the blame.

But come on, a Vice President  is about as responsible for what his boss does as the First Dog is. Who knows, if dogs could just tell us, maybe less.

4 hours ago, caroljane said:

But come on, a Vice President  is about as responsible for what his boss does as the First Dog is.

Carol,

Who cares?

In politics, perception is reality. That's not to be taken literally. It's a phrase meaning that, in politics, the public will act on perception as if it were reality.

In that sense, I was discussing perception and the havoc it will play on both Biden and Obama (and their peeps). Politically, it doesn't matter what the reality of the role of VP is. What matters is what the public perceives it to be in specific cases.

That's why I used phrases like this:

The bad guys are trying to get a handle on this story...

and

If this story gets into the mainstream in layman's language...

and

If this story gets into the mainstream in these terms...

Notice, I didn't say, "The bad guys are trying to get a handle on these facts..." or "If these facts get into the mainstream," and so on.

After all those years of the Russia hoax, you ought to know that public perception often has no facts at all in it. Just fake news spin (more often than not fed by the intelligence community).

In the case of the origin of the Wuhan virus, there is now a mix of fact and perception in the public zeitgeist and I mentioned both. But my focus was on perception.

With Biden, if perception and fact ever align for real, he will go to jail.

All he's got is public perception to hide the treasonous and vile facts of his life, not public perception to uncover facts and show what a good guy he is.

Watch how perception is taking down Fauci right now. Perception raised him up and now perception is taking him down. It's a sight to see. (I believe he is being sacrificed as a fall guy to keep bigger fish from being fried.)

Look at Jeffrey Epstein. Everybody knew he was into human trafficking, pedophilia and blackmail as facts. But public perception kept him operating with impunity. Finally, after enough pounding by enough people, perception, not fact, took him down. And perception, not fact, covered up his murder by an assassin.

But sometimes facts assert themselves on public perception. Watch how facts in the different 2020 election audits across the USA will turn into public perception and change it. Guess what political cost that will cause and who will have to pay it?

The perception-over-facts people overplayed their hand and made their engineered images and stories for public perception no longer believable. Now they will have to deal with some unpleasant facts no matter how good a story they will tell. 

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Two days ago Doctor Fauci used the phrase, "rational self interest." 

Peter,

A few hundred million dollars (minimum) in Fauci's bank account is all the self-interest he needs to call it "rational."

Lying his ass off all the time, running people crazy with inconsistencies, inducing people to do dangerous things to their detriment (including shutdowns), and making the US ever more vulnerable to the Chinese Communist Party are merely the cost in reality for those hundreds of millions.

Since others pay this cost, not him, it's a great deal. This rational self-interest thing is awesome...

Michael

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

A few hundred million dollars (minimum) in Fauci's bank account is all the self-interest he needs to call it "rational."

Lying his ass off all the time, running people crazy with inconsistencies, inducing people to do dangerous things to their detriment (including shutdowns), and making the US ever more vulnerable to the Chinese Communist Party are merely the cost in reality for those hundreds of millions.

Since others pay this cost, not him, it's a great deal. This rational self-interest thing is awesome...

Michael

Off topic, but why did you edit out Peter's original designation of Fauci as Italian-American? Or maybe it isn't off topic, since I know nothing about the issue and wondered why it was in this thread, and was composing a query about that , with suitable original witticisms.

I had thought we were talking about Chris Langan and still don't know what the guy said.

But often I don't know what anyone is talking about around here.