February 3, 2020 Iowa primary. CBS Iowa Democratic poll: Butt, Sanders and Biden tie with 23 percent. Iowa State University poll has Butt at plus 3.  Emerson: Biden 23 Sanders 22.  

February 11, 2020 New Hampshire primary. Democratic polls: Sanders with a 2.7 percent lead over the other Democratic contenders.

The Nevada Democratic Presidential Caucus on February 22, with 36 delegates has Biden averaging 8.6 percent over all other contenders.

Feb. 29 has Biden with a lead in South Carolina.

Massachusetts: March 3. WBUR/Mass/INC has  Warren plus 15 percent while the Boston Globe has Biden at plus 2.  

• 2 weeks later...

From The Iowa Democratic Party: The 2020 Iowa Caucuses will be held on February 3rd, 2020. We are proud to be First in the Nation once again and we are excited to be a part of the presidential selection process. end quote Honk!! Honk!! That’s about ten days away!

And in other news, “4 police officers disciplined for 'improper' Stormy Daniels arrest at strip club.” Apparently there were undercover cops in the audience . . . uh . . . just doing their jobs . . . who, uh . . . sort’a said she inappropriately touched them. I think they must have had boners.   

I've seen her a couple of times in the past year where it was obvious she had been drinking . . . and she consented to go on camera. That's is not the best judgement on her part. (Proof of drunken ineptness on film.) After the first round of primaries and a couple of winners not her, she will be hooted off the stage by other democrats if she decides to enter. So her deadline is to announce by Saturday, February 1st, 2020, but I doubt she could get in on the early ballots.  

Polling Data

Poll Date Sample
Sanders
Biden
Buttigieg
Warren
Klobuchar
Yang
Steyer
Gabbard
Bloomberg
Spread
RCP Average 1/20 - 1/27 -- 23.8 20.2 15.8 14.6 9.6 3.8 3.6 2.0 1.0 Sanders +3.6
Monmouth 1/23 - 1/27 544 LV 21 23 16 15 10 3 4 1 -- Biden +2
Iowa State University 1/23 - 1/27 655 LV 24 15 17 19 11 5 4 2 1 Sanders +5
Emerson 1/23 - 1/26 450 LV 30 21 10 11 13 5 5 5 -- Sanders +9
USA Today/Suffolk 1/23 - 1/26 500 LV 19 25 18 13 6 3 2 1 -- Biden +6
NY Times/Siena 1/20 - 1/23 584 LV 25 17 18 15 8 3 3 1 1 Sanders +7

On 1/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

I think that the powers behind the thrones are ready to discard Hillary Clinton and that, if they backed her, it would be as a throw-away so they could blame the coming 2020 defeat on her.

Ellen

Ellen,

I've given this a little thought and I keep coming up against the saying, "Money talks and bullshit walks."

I don't think there are going to be any real powers behind the throne after Bloomberg unleashes 2 billion dollars to the Democrats to beat President Trump. There will only be one.

I also think Bloomberg knows he, as a candidate, can't beat Trump on the stump. But 2 billion smackaroonies buys a lot of say in who will be the person facing Trump. In fact, I think there will be a brokered Dem Convention (they will screw Bernie as always and the other candidates just don't cut it).

Then they will go into the back rooms to choose a candidate. All of the kingmakers will give their opinions and Bloomberg will be last. Then he will say, "I just bought the Democratic Party. I choose Hillary Clinton." And so it shall come to pass.

:)

The more I think on this scenario, the more likely I find it. Clinton is probably sending nubile young things over to Bloomberg at this very moment in addition to other understandings. And Bloomberg is just vain enough to think he can fix her candidacy weaknesses and shove her right down the throats of the Silent Majority with his money and media. All she has to do is, once in power, confiscate everyone's guns and put a nationwide ban on big-ass soda-pops. We all know she has already promised that.

And more.

For example, how do you think Bloomberg feels when he looks to himself as the new head of the Fed? Or maybe as a new Supreme Court Justice?

Michael

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

For example, how do you think Bloomberg feels when he looks to himself as the new head of the Fed? Or maybe as a new Supreme Court Justice?

Crap. I didn't get to be President but I still accomplished so much. God bless the U.S.A!!!

Up to the current moment, the Iowa caucus has not presented the election results. And people are hopping mad.

So question me this. Is it possible to engineer an electile dysfunction of this nature? Would, say, a person with deep pockets allied to another who has been one of the dirtiest players in US history find a way?

Let me repeat something above for context;

On 2/2/2020 at 2:01 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I don't think there are going to be any real powers behind the throne after Bloomberg unleashes 2 billion dollars to the Democrats to beat President Trump. There will only be one.

I also think Bloomberg knows he, as a candidate, can't beat Trump on the stump. But 2 billion smackaroonies buys a lot of say in who will be the person facing Trump. In fact, I think there will be a brokered Dem Convention (they will screw Bernie as always and the other candidates just don't cut it).

Then they will go into the back rooms to choose a candidate. All of the kingmakers will give their opinions and Bloomberg will be last. Then he will say, "I just bought the Democratic Party. I choose Hillary Clinton." And so it shall come to pass.

There's a quip going around that Bloomberg won the Iowa caucus because he didn't participate. I say so did Hillary Clinton.

If this wasn't on purpose, it was a hell of a nice coincidence to bolster my pet theory.

Michael

I was just listening to Scott Adams making quips about the Iowa caucus and he mentioned something I found very interesting. I haven't verified it, but I will pass it on since Scott is usually good about getting facts right.

He said that the app that is being blamed for the Iowa caucus fiasco was built by die-hard Hillary Clinton supporters.

Michael

On 2/2/2020 at 2:01 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I think there will be a brokered Dem Convention (they will screw Bernie as always and the other candidates just don't cut it).

Then they will go into the back rooms to choose a candidate. All of the kingmakers will give their opinions and Bloomberg will be last. Then he will say, "I just bought the Democratic Party. I choose Hillary Clinton."

The Overton window just shifted a notch.

Hillary Clinton Will Not Rule Out Becoming Vice President: ‘Never Say Never’

Michael