39 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

Why use a crappy pipebomb when a 50Cal depleted uranium round from over a mile away would be so much more fun?! ?

Jules,

I think the crappy pipebomb is supposed to make it look like some dumbass racist hillbilly did it, you know, one who can't do anything right, has a first grade education and is called Bubba or Buford. And he built the pipebombs after taking long swigs of moonshine, scratching his pot belly and burping. :) 

In other words, I see the crappy pipebomb in the context of the security sophistication of the left-wing targets, and, for that matter, the election timing, as the mark of a bigot--the hopeless idiot kind.

:) 

Michael

9 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jules,

I think the crappy pipebomb is supposed to make it look like some dumbass racist hillbilly did it, you know, one who can't do anything right, has a first grade education and is called Bubba or Buford. And he built the pipebombs after taking long swigs of moonshine, scratching his pot belly and burping. :) 

In other words, I see the crappy pipebomb in the context of the security sophistication of the left-wing targets, and, for that matter, the election timing, as the mark of a bigot--the hopeless idiot kind.

Michael

My immediate thought was: false flag operation.  Call it a 50/50 probability.  I'll abandon that if someone actually gets hurt.

You mean like all the Carbon tax bullshit going on in Canada to save the environment for our grandchildren?/Alberta oil is evil?  Meanwhile these same idiots seem to not grasp the implication of Canada buying Saudi blood oil and notttt paying a carbon tax on thattttt oil...

This keeps up and Alberta will becoming the 51 state.  Bet we won’t be having any pipeline issues then.

12 minutes ago, 9thdoctor said:

Call it a 50/50 probability.

Dennis,

I'm in between the view that this was a publicity stunt and this wasn't necessarily a group planned and executed false flag, but more of a psychotic loner leftie who drank the fake news media Kool Aid, believes President Trump is some kind of Satan who stole the election in collusion with Russia and must be stopped at all costs before he destroys life as we know it.

In fact, knowing how recruitment is done on the dark side (a spook targets a disaffected imbalanced person, gets friendly with him, grooms him to do damage, pushes his buttons when chaos is needed, then disappears as kaboom happens, leaving the target to kill himself or take the rap), I can see a combination of both.

Michael

I was holding my breath for what the Left Dems would come up with in the runup, and this too conveniently 'fits' my concerns. Many nasties there have shown they are willing to do whatever it takes. I'll contain myself, not rush ahead of the evidence, and that might never be conclusive. 50-50 probability sounds right, and increasing. A couple of crazies cannot be ruled out, but how would any of this intimidation serve Republicans? Primitive devices, all of which were intercepted? You can hear the constant clamor: "the climate" Donald Trump created - etc. etc. Lapdog BBC is smugly making a pile of moral and political capital out of these incidents. And now a device sent to CNN, our fearless reporters - all too "Hollywood", over-scripted, over-played. Whichever way, this ratchets up tensions, not good.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

So you make a ridiculous claim the the latest news story is a false flag conspiracy, and I'm the one that needs education? 

What a joke

I'll help you out, Korbs. You're confusing the event with the reporting of the event. The act of sending the bombs is what is being considered as a possible false flag, not the act of reporting the sending of the bombs.

Understand now?

Muh, muh Russians!

With two years of Muh Russians under their belts, why isn't the left and its lapdog press focused on the possibility that Muh Russians sent the packages? It fits their two-year Narrative™. Muh Russians want to disrupt. They want to taint our elections.

J

3 hours ago, Jonathan said:

I'll help you out, Korbs. You're confusing the event with the reporting of the event. The act of sending the bombs is what is being considered as a possible false flag, not the act of reporting the sending of the bombs.

Jonathan,

But... but... but... perception is reality.

Right?

That's what all the newscasters say.

Aren't mainstream reporting and reality synonyms and shouldn't they be treated the same way? Interchangeable and all?

I mean, anyone who thinks differently is a joke, right?

:evil:  :) 

Michael

26 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jonathan,

But... but... but... perception is reality.

Right?

That's what all the newscasters say.

Aren't mainstream reporting and reality synonyms and shouldn't they be treated the same way? Interchangeable and all?

I mean, anyone who thinks differently is a joke, right?

Michael

But, but, people who doubt the truths coming from the nice faces on the magic screen on the wall are ... crazy.

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Dennis,

Be careful.

You might be called a joke by someone around here who doesn't know what a false flag operation is.

Michael

FWIW, I hadn't read the posts on the prior page when I chimed in.

2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Muh, muh Russians!

With two years of Muh Russians under their belts, why isn't the left and its lapdog press focused on the possibility that Muh Russians sent the packages? It fits their two-year Narrative™. Muh Russians want to disrupt. They want to taint our elections.

J

If only they could prove collusion!

7 minutes ago, 9thdoctor said:

FWIW, I hadn't read the posts on the prior page when I chimed in.

Dennis,

I don't know what it's worth. In fact, I don't even know how to calculate it's worth. :) 

(Sorry, I couldn't resist. :) 

But at least you have been duly advised.

Caution.

Caution.

Keyboard warriors on the loose.

And, by God, they are taking no prisoners.

So don't fall into their clutches.

Michael

16 hours ago, 9thdoctor said:

My immediate thought was: false flag operation.  Call it a 50/50 probability.  I'll abandon that if someone actually gets hurt.

I think that so many people will have immediately suspected that it was a false flag attempt, it will backfire and produce the opposite of the intended effect if that's what it was.  However, suppose it was a false false flag attempt - i.e,, actually done by Trump supporters who wanted it to look like a dumb move by Trump detractors, then it would have been a clever move.

(I think the likelihood of someone's having been hurt in any of the incidents was close to zero.  We'll see if something further which looks as if it might be a serious attempt is tried.)

Ellen

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

I think that so many people will have immediately suspected that it was a false flag attempt, it will backfire and produce the opposite of the intended effect if that's what it was.  However, suppose it was a false false flag attempt - i.e,, actually done by Trump supporters who wanted it to look like a dumb move by Trump detractors, then it would have been a clever move.

(I think the likelihood of someone's having been hurt in any of the incidents was close to zero.  We'll see if something further which looks as if it might be a serious attempt is tried.)

Ellen

In today's world, it's not a stretch to consider the possibility of 4chan Alt-right types pulling a false false flag, or even a false false false false flag, then admit to it, and then mock people for believing their admission, just for grins and giggles.

J

On 10/24/2018 at 12:04 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

You once said you wanted a recent example of a false flag.

I don't quite remember the details ... did I use the term "false flag"?  [Search returns]

Well, you're looking at it.

That is opinion.  Not everyone will share this confidence and certainty, even in the current climate here.

Unfortunately, this is a false flag made by idiots who can't even shoot straight and, what's worse, it's a Hail Mary pass to get media attention to bump some lame-ass stuff damaging to the Democrats off prime time instead of hiding an actual dastardly deed, but there it is.

How would we attempt to persuade those who haven't made up their minds (about the probability [or certainty] that these packages were sent by an actor or actors 'pretending')?

I'd say it is more reasonable to keep an open mind, and see what the FBI discovers in their investigation. Idiocy, incompetence, Hail Mary, lame-ass, dastardly deed or other padding notwithstanding.

In the same vein, there's a highly racist robocall going around in Florida aimed at Gillum. It's attributed to one eminent group called "Road to Power" in Idaho

"It is attributed" means somebody somewhere attributed a robocall to "Road to Power."  Who was that?

Spoiler

YahooSearchRoad2powerHoopla.png

In other words, is the attribution correct or not?  The call, as put on Soundcloud by minions at the Huffington Post Politics:

And if the robocall was paid for by the "Road to Power" folks ... what is wrong with that?

road2powerBitchute.png

that's supposedly a white supremacist group.

Supposed by whom? Supposedly -- meaning some offstage folks suppose this to be true, but the smart elite here do not? Do I understand correctly that their bona fides as actual white-power mouthpieces is pretended, in your Executive Summary?

I listened to part of their recent podcast (on Bitchute) to see what they were about and this is another staged bullshit fake-out. The guy started preaching that we need to abolish freedom of the press and put the all the press under government control.

Road to Power on Bitchute ... has a few videos. I choose to embed here the earliest one at that account (their latest is here).

The problem is, white power people just don't talk like that.

Ah.  This claim is based upon what elite objectivist expertise in How White Power People Talk?

This shit is not even worth debunking. Everybody sees what's going on. 

"Hello, my name is Everybody, and Everybody sees exactly what I see. If they don't, then they are Korben Dallas-types, weak-minded, gullible, un-woke, and unwelcome in Jon Letendre's world of Objectivish Slurring."  You're a bitch. You're a slut. You're crazy. You are stupid. Hee hee. Gotta love Jon.  And his cheerleaders.

I hope they enjoy their Blue Wave bye-bye...

I've listened to so much HA Goodman on the #Midterms that I have become agnostic. HA Hammered Home several points yesterday (among the digressions) and collected some fine remuneration for doing so. Here is a sound file that might be of interest to the "Blue Wave ba-bye" thinkers, movers, and shakers. Fourteen minutes of 'respectful' analysis ... especially the sadly biased Nate Silver at 538.

Here's another illuminated perspective on the #MAGAbomber whoop-up. Jordan Sather is not so sure all alternatives have been explored. His video is called "[10.24] Were the #FakeMailBombs a White Hat Operation?"

-- I listened a couple of times, and still need some cognitive assistance in figuring out what is fake, how it was faked, and how Jordan gets from A to Q in fifteen seconds. He doesn't provide a list to organize his points, and his show-notes are shit at the moment.

Edited by william.scherk
Removed insulting language, put it back in. Wavered a moment, though.

As if moments at Objectivist Living.

ScottRhodesfrBitvchutePOSTER.png

The biggest Bomb of my life was Battlefield Earth, the movie. That paperback was a page-turner even if crazy awful in parts. The Psychlos (the villains) were obviously the Scientology bugbear/villain/criminal Psychiatry. The movie stunk up the place.

I had the misfortune of reading Atlas Shrugged right after I finished reading Battlefield Earth, as I dare say I carried on too much of the mental attitude imposed by Battlefield Earth into the experience. The Atlas Shrugged first reading was spoiled by my mental map, expectations, my own 'tone' of reader.  The titanic villains were better-written in Atlas Shrugged, but they all seemed like Psychlos at the time.  A little too much She-Ra in my mind.

Anyway, the bomb metaphor was but a functional ruse to set the tone for Scott Adams Episode 272. All OL readers will take of this what they will.  If I don't see everything as a Titanic Struggle, don't curl a lip at Psychlos, don't dress the set with darkest imaginings, don't embed a gulf between Them and Us. If I use Objectivist principles and efficient thinking to recalibrate opinions and hasten useful questions.

My hexes are thus here declared:  If you will change your mind at about the 17 minute mark.  If everybody can see this.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Ah.  This claim is based upon what elite objectivist expertise in How White Power People Talk?

William,

Good Lord.

You entire post is argument by condescension.

That's a fly I prefer not to swat.

You can be right in your own mind as you look down on your intellectual inferiors.

I don't mind.

Michael