Donald Trump

8 hours ago, Marc said:

! Merci beaucoup!

I for one (of the majority of Americans) do not think the election was stolen, nor do I advocate a coup. Do they do coups in Canada? I went over the election issue state by state, and even tuned to some alt news for guidance but it did not convince me. I remember feeling really dumb after seeing some of the evidence, which I have mentioned before, like a postal worker wheeling in a large bucket of votes to be mailed and later counted. The site said that was proof of cheating . . . except, that was how they wheel the mail in . . . all day long at the post office.

I still don't trust the results coming out of some cities, like Chicago, but I accept that our system of electing Presidents is sound.

I call former Presidents, by the title President, out of respect. As in I hope President Biden can handle the results from 2024. And I did not like the sound of President Trump telling a poll worker / pol all I need is 8000 votes. Whewy! That sounded fishy to me and it still does. Peter

8 hours ago, Marc said:

Trump/Kennedy 150 million votes

Biden/Harris/Newsome et al 10 million.

I personally don't see that coalition occurring but who knows? When are you Kanucks going to topple the crown? Maybe youse guys need a French Revolution. And stop sending smoke of all kinds down here to the lower 48.   

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I still don't trust the results coming out of some cities, like Chicago, but I accept that our system of electing Presidents is sound.

69% of ballots were cast by people using a system they didn’t use before 2020. 
So which system of electing Presidents is soundest, BDTP or ADTP ?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Peter said:

... I accept that our system of electing Presidents is sound.

Peter,

I agree with this.

That does not mean I believe a seaworthy ship cannot be sunk by sabotage. 

I believe our system of electing Presidents is so sound, it will get corrected after the 2020 organized abomination done to it.

Nothing is immune from attack by bad guys. Especially not our electoral system.

And there are never 100% guarantees the good guys will beat the bad guys all the time.

But, like Rocky said, "It ain’t about how hard you hit. It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward; how much you can take and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done!”

That, to me, characterizes the soundness of our Presidential election system. The soundness of our system of government without kings.

It took a nasty hit. Now it will self-correct and move forward.

We've been here before. Civil war. Presidents assassinated. And so on.

So I am optimistic.

btw - I never knew believing in ghosts was consonant with Objectivism. At one point, looking at the big picture, 81 million ghosts showed up and voted. Then they went back to wherever ghosts go. They never came out again for Biden. Not when he has spoken live. Not when he has spoken on video. Hardly anybody ever shows up for those things. But the ghosts did show up to vote. So where do you imagine ghosts go when they are done? Galt's Gulch? Backstage at mainstream media? Or?... :) 

Michael

15 hours ago, Peter said:

I for one (of the majority of Americans) do not think the election was stolen, nor do I advocate a coup. Do they do coups in Canada? I went over the election issue state by state, and even tuned to some alt news for guidance but it did not convince me. I remember feeling really dumb after seeing some of the evidence, which I have mentioned before, like a postal worker wheeling in a large bucket of votes to be mailed and later counted. The site said that was proof of cheating . . . except, that was how they wheel the mail in . . . all day long at the post office.

I call former Presidents, by the title President, out of respect. As in I hope President Biden can handle the results from 2024. And I did not like the sound of President Trump telling a poll worker / pol all I need is 8000 votes. Whewy! That sounded fishy to me and it still does. Peter

The coup was the Biden "win".

#Pence

You like movies Peter, eh? Have you ever heard of one or seen a classic called "Alice in Wonderland"?

I am in the same position as you Peter, as I love my country and I love God.

Canada, United States, Dems, RINOs, 

We The People led by OUR President Trump v the establishment.

The election was stolen, and most everyone knows it.

Come home Peter, come home.

15 hours ago, Peter said:

I personally don't see that coalition occurring but who knows? When are you Kanucks going to topple the crown? Maybe youse guys need a French Revolution. And stop sending smoke of all kinds down here to the lower 48.   

Agreed re the smoke and my most sincere apopogies. We have a new Mayor here by the way "voted" in the other day. You would probably love her, and you may or may not know our last Mayor resigned as he was having a sexual relationship with a young woman while married at the same time as telling me and my other beautiful Torontonions that we cannot take our children to the park during covid.

Canadian truckers are our Revolution.

The Queen is dead, long live the King!

Daaaamn! Talk about a convoluted argument from intimidation!

'Houston we've got a problem': Trump rival makes brutal observation about his electability Story by Tom Boggioni: . . . Speaking with Newsweek, Elder proposed that GOP primary voters -- before casting their ballots -- ask themselves, "Have you lost friends because of Donald Trump? Are you walking on eggshells at work because of Donald Trump? Do you have strained relationships with your family and relatives because of Donald Trump?" Continuing in that vein he added, "If the answer is yes, Houston we've got a problem, and that problem is called electability."

Gee whiz Larry. Where’s Moe and Curly? Does anybody Ever flip their vote and just go with the floe? Must you agree with what your in-laws, cousins or coworkers think? And oh by golly, what about those bumper stickers or campaign buttons you might start “sporting” in 2024. Eeeeek! It isn’t a Trump problem. It is a violent left-wing problem. Peter     

One more insight or just a thought about Larry Elder from “Psychology today”: . . . You, however, regard meddlers as questioning your ability to handle your own affairs. The communal perspective, similarly, can be understood from these two perspectives. Meddlers, again seeing themselves as well-intentioned, think their behavior will bring the two of you closer together. From your vantage point, by contrast, meddling only becomes a wedge that drives the two of you apart . . . . end quote

Well “screw” getting closer together with Larry Elder. If former President Trump is still thinking of his options for his Vice President or IF Trump for some unforeseen reason does not get the nomination such as health issues, I think I would not vote for any Republican who trashed President D.J. Trump.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/6/2015 at 12:38 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

RR,

You don't have to like Trump. I'm OK with that. But he's a winner, whatever the rules are. And you are going to put up with me crowing until the election or he stops running. :)

I, myself, am having a ball. I predict it's only going to get better as Trump steam-rolls over his critics and pissed-off politically apathetic Americans wake up in delight and go to the voting booths.

:)

Also, Trump's on the right side of over 80% of my concerns. Compared to his competition, that alone--for me at least--makes him stand apart. It looks like I am not alone in thinking this way.

Michael

Pretty funny how so many people here had lots and lots and lots of words about how Trump would not win.

Where oh where are all these folks now?

• Smile 1

I would guess doubling down on their support for the Establishment and its promotion of 'normalcy' and 'rule of law' to 'save democracy and the Republic'.

Their faith in 'the institutions' is as unshakable as any tongue speaking snake wrangler.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/7/2015 at 9:50 AM, RobinReborn said:

Here's an open question for this thread.

What's the quota on the number of Mexicans who can become citizens every year?

Is the path to citizenship for immigrants from Mexico and other countries to the south of Mexico based on rational arguments on outdated racism?

I ask that same open question.

After 4 years Trump and 2 1/2 under OBiden

• Like 1

As a sign of former president Donald Trump’s skyrocketing popularity, the crowd erupted when he showed up at the Iowa State football game. A Fox News/AP poll found that 39% of Americans view Trump favorably. The 77-year-old caused a ruckus in Iowa as the crowd erupted into “USA” chants. Among Republicans, Fox News/AP found that 70% of Americans view Trump favorably. In Iowa, Trump also paid at a tailgate with fans. Trump was even seen flipping some hamburgers at the tailgate.

The crowd also erupted into chants that said “four more years.”

end quote.

39 percent? BS!

President Trump and Megyn Kelly make up.

Finally.

She scored a 90 minute interview with him.

I have only seen parts so far, but I get the feeling that Megyn is becoming MAGA (more than she will admit in public) and The Donald loves her spunk.

He told her that her question in the first debate way back when was really nasty. She looked at him and said is was awesome. And both were smiling.

Enjoy.

I sure will.

Michael

From Newsweek: . . . Trump is edging out Biden in seven key states according to a Reuters / lpsos conducted online from September 8 through September 14. In the poll, which gathered responses from 4,413 American adults, Trump led with 41 percent to Biden's 35 percent in Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Nevada and Michigan . . . .

From Rasmussen:  Friday, September 15, 2023. The prosecution of former President Donald Trump by Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis is unfair, according to a majority of Georgia voters, most of whom have concerns about the integrity of elections in their state. A new telephone and online survey by Rasmussen Reports . . . finds that 56% of Likely Georgia voters believe it is likely Trump is being unfairly prosecuted by Willis, including 39% who say it’s Very Likely. Thirty-seven percent (37%) don’t think it’s likely Willis is unfairly prosecuting Trump, including 28% who say an unfair prosecution is Very Unlikely.

On 7/9/2015 at 12:12 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jjeorge,

I think I know why it's different now.

Trump is a publicity hound, that's true. So before, in the last two elections, I believe he allowed his ego to rise when all the Republican candidates went to kiss his ring. I think that made him toy with the idea of running. After all, he had to meet a lot of political operatives back then and I am sure some of them started planting the idea in his head. And, hey, saying he wanted to run was free publicity.

But now, I believe it is different. Once an idea like running for president gets a hold in the mind of a man like that, it grows roots, a stem and starts to flower.

The thing is Trump has basically achieved what he wanted to in life as a businessman. All he can do is keep doing more of the same. Ditto for entertainment. He turned the two most important Miss pageants (Miss America and Miss Universe) around in terms of viewership and he ran a top show (The Apprentice) for years. Ditto for book author (The Art of the Deal, along with a crapload of other books).

He was the business political kingmaker when America breathlessly awaited who he would endorse as the tabloids endlessly gossipped about which candidate went to see him.

So, from this frame, Trump is at a point in life to ask himself what it all means. What else is out there for him to achieve? Is there any mission greater than what he has accomplished?

And he latched onto the idea of making America great again.

That is his battle-cry. I'm surprised to see no one really talk about this because he says it over and over all the time. Every speech. Every interview. Hell, I think he even says it during meals. :)

This mission hits him right where he lives inside himself and it hits "the silent majority" here in the USA right where they live. The poll results are showing this. As time goes on, as this mission grows in him, I believe it is making him entertain the idea of becoming one of the greats in statesmanship. To a person like him, at this stage in his life, the idea of going down in history alongside George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and so on is almost too appealing to resist.

And, frankly, the spiritual smallness and lack of achievements of most current politicians (other than political crap) is making him stand out big-time--it's making his job a lot easier.

Michael

Lots and lots and lots of posters were debating MSK 8 years ago but have gone silent now.

This is why I really respect Peter, because he is stil here, making his points while most others lurk with their crocodile tears.

GO TRUMP!!!!!

8 YEARS LATER, 8 YEARS STRONGER.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1