Donald Trump

17 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I explained why the notion of Judeo-Christian is incoherent.  Christians worship 3 gods (Trinity),  the reject the Torah,  and with them faith trumps deeds. 

Christianity is altruistic to the core  and Judaism is not.

It's incoherent to the Jews, but it's a way of acknowledging there is an embracing relationship. Judeo-Muslim is the true incoherence. You see it rather infrequently on the bumper-sticker of the mush-head's car ahead of you asking for live-together tolerance.

--Brant

I suspect there's a huge segment of voters who will vote for Illery knowing all the bad things about her simply because they think she'll make a better President than her opponent. In 1992 these voters knew Bill was a liar and worse. They knew she couldn't have run up an extremely small future's account into $100,000 without a player in the background absorbing all her losses by manipulating two accounts. Trump can only go so far lambasting her for his doing that has nothing to do with exercising presidential duties. Not to say not to hit her, only don't overdo it. Being an SOB is a requirement of office and being a big one--to some extent--too. The best way might be to show her to be in the pocket of the Russians--she wants to ban fracking--for Americans want an American SOB, not a Russian dupe taking money.

--Brant

9 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Hillary pinned this tweet on her Twitter page:

Cognitively, I can't connect what happened in the debate to what she's saying here.  Pence said nothing related to this, there are no connections, they don't exist--

Meaning they are outright lies by the Hillary campaign.

Can't the American public see that?

No. I sense despair in that question, I have asked it too. No one is changing sides based on the validity of arguments given by the candidates. . Average Americans take milliseconds out of their busy lives only to confirm their biases. Assuming the stench isnt too off putting they stick to their shite like flies on rice. No detailed analysis is done because that would require time. That time would not lead to a definitive choice aligned with ones overall objectives. They know the can is getting kicked down the road.

Half the voting age population (VAP) doesnt vote (2012) - 54.9% voted. Of those that do, their sentiments are split in a virtual tie. Half of those decideds are not voting for a candidate as much as voting against one. Only one third of those making their choice of a candidate agree with the candidates politics.

A single vote is irrelevant, I'll focus on what I control and influence. Factor in a likelihood of a Trump win with his achieving his rubber meeting the road pronouncements, and we can see the majority of his big issue planks require consensus. That microcosm of Congress most certainly mirrors the antipathy of the electorate. 

Reuters poll.

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM914Y16

Voting for Clinton, dont like Trump.

http://polling.reuters.com/#!poll/TM913Y16

Voting for Trump, dont like Clinton.

http://www.jonsutz.com/advocacy-media/liberty/the-obstacles/

Simple is as simple does. There is no sophistication in voters minds.

19 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I explained why the notion of Judeo-Christian is incoherent. 

It is for secular statists whose eyes can only see doctrine while denying the reality of actual behavior. In many ways you are no different from a secular liberal statist.

Greg

10 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

Cognitively, I can't connect what happened in the debate to what she's saying here.  Pence said nothing related to this, there are no connections, they don't exist--

Meaning they are outright lies by the Hillary campaign.

Can't the American public see that?

The American public can. The majority of people in America aren't Americans...

...and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it except to protect themselves from what America has become.

Greg

1 hour ago, moralist said:

It is for secular statists whose eyes can only see doctrine while denying the reality of actual behavior. In many ways you are no different from a secular liberal statist.

Greg

1.; I am secular

2. I NOT statist.  I hate the State.  I hate the government.  I have enough self control to live with neither.  The only reason I put up with government is because of people who do not have self control

3. I do NOT deny actual behavior.  I am  bound by Facts.  Not suppositions.  Not principles.  Only Facts matter.

4. I am NOT liberal.  I( am a strict by the Facts, by the Numbers  person and I am NOT compassionate or kind.  But I am Just. 

You seem to have me confused with someone else.  But that does not surprise me.  You are a very confused person.  You think you have total control  over your life.  Wrong!  In the end the Second Law of Thermodynamics will prevail  and you and I an all others will pass. 

56 minutes ago, moralist said:

The American public can. The majority of people in America aren't Americans...

...and there is absolutely nothing anyone can do about it except to protect themselves from what America has become.

Greg

That is utter nonsense.  Anyone born in the United States under American Jurisdiction is a citizen. Read the 14  th amendment to the Constitution:

The Citizenship Clause is the first sentence of Section 1 in the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution, which states that "All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside."

56 minutes ago, moralist said:

I got sent offline this delightful video where Jesse Lee Peterson interviewed Diamond and Silk. (They dealt with the first debate, not the VP debate, which makes me think this interview is a couple of days old.)

It's been awhile since I've posted something from the lovely ladies here on OL.

This is about as good as the best of them.

Talk about blowing up the Trump is racist crap...

They said Black Lives Matter is a "hot mess." :) 

You go, lovely ladies. You, too, Jesse...

:)

Michael

5 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

1.; I am secular

2. I NOT statist.  I hate the State.  I hate the government.  I have enough self control to live with neither.  The only reason I put up with government is because of people who do not have self control

3. I do NOT deny actual behavior.  I am  bound by Facts.  Not suppositions.  Not principles.  Only Facts matter.

4. I am NOT liberal.  I( am a strict by the Facts, by the Numbers  person and I am NOT compassionate or kind.  But I am Just. 

You seem to have me confused with someone else.  But that does not surprise me.  You are a very confused person.  You think you have total control  over your life.  Wrong!  In the end the Second Law of Thermodynamics will prevail  and you and I an all others will pass. 

1. Yes.

2. You worked for the state through a government contractor so it's highly likely that you get benefits checks from the same source.

3. If you really don't deny actual behavior as you claim... then you have to admit the truth that you cannot tell the difference in behavior between a decent Jew and a decent Christian as their moral values are essentially the same.

4. You share exactly the same secularism with liberals. Their feelings towards God are exactly the same as yours.

Greg

6 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Anyone born in the United States under American Jurisdiction is a citizen.

As a secular statist, you're speaking only of legality, while I'm speaking of morality. Legality serves morality.

Americans live by American values. Those who don't aren't Americans.

Obama has been able to fundamentally transformed the government into an unconstitutional bureaucracy solely because there aren't enough Americans living in America who deserve a Constitutional government...

...so by default you end up with an unconstitutional one.

Greg

7 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

1.; I am secular

There are millions of facts. We use principles and some of what you call "suppositions" to adduce and integrate and rationally use facts. So do you, which is why you don't babble, although Greg may differ on that point. You are a moral person. It's just for you an underground river--or underneath your brain's cognitive functions. I'd guess you're OL's Kraken. When you're needed you'll be unleashed, I hope pointed in the right direction.

--Brant

On 10/3/2016 at 7:54 PM, 9thdoctor said:

The way I suspect it did happen, and of course I don't know this, I'm speculating: he executed a personal guarantee on a big piece of debt, the business(es) collateralizing it went bust, and it suddenly became his liability.  That would also provide Basis for Loss. 

I borrowed a copy of The Art of the Comeback and it confirms this right on the first page.

It's usually fun being The Donald, but in the early 1990s, trust me, it wasn't.  My journey is a hard one to believe, I was many billions in the red, $975 million of that debt I'd personally guaranteed.

On page xix of the Introduction there's what looks like one sweet family photo.  4 people: man, woman, two kids.  Trump, his two teenage sons, and Hillary Clinton in the middle.  Caption: "Hillary Clinton, Donny Jr., Eric, and me.  The First Lady is a wonderful woman who has handled pressure incredibly well." 

Oh dear.

4 hours ago, moralist said:

1. Yes.

2. You worked for the state through a government contractor so it's highly likely that you get benefits checks from the same source.

3. If you really don't deny actual behavior as you claim... then you have to admit the truth that you cannot tell the difference in behavior between a decent Jew and a decent Christian as their moral values are essentially the same.

4. You share exactly the same secularism with liberals. Their feelings towards God are exactly the same as yours.

Greg

I quit working for the government in 1968.  Since then I never worked for a government or a government contractor.  I "declared war" on the U.S government in 1968 because of all the corruption I saw in the awarding and handling of government contract.  So I and government have been quits for 48 years.  I bet I have been off the government payroll for more years than you have.  

Second, Jews and Christians do not think the same way.  Christians have a "goyische kopf"  and I think straight  and rigorously.    Any resemblance between Christians and Jews is purely conincidental. 

Yes. I am secular.  I concur with the natural order of things.  I do not believe in ghosts, souls,  spirits or other non-physical things.   However my personal morals have no resemblence of liberal progressives.   In my heart I am an anarchist but I am too sensible to think anarchism will work.  

Now, which God   The Real God or the Cartoon God made up out of whole cloth by preachers, priests, gurus, imams  and rabbis?  I think it is possible that a Real God exists and is natural,   but I have no idea what It is and neither does anyone else.  I do not ascribe factual or literal truth to the holy books of the major religions.  They are made up out of whole cloth by human beings and they are mostly non-sense. Perhaps the Real God figured out how to create life.   If there is a Devil it is He, the Evil  One that has created doctrines, dogmas,  rituals,  sects and churches. And these evil things have on balance been responsible for death,  war, hatred and division.  Feh!

However the people from whom I am descended and learned, the Jewish people,  by a set of remarkable happenstances have created the Gold Standard for Human Ethics.  That, I can and that I do buy.  The Jews created Justice out of chaos.  I am sure there are people of the other nations and ethnos who are basically good and decent folk.  I cherish and value them when I meet them.  However if they are good folk  it is a fortunate accident and not a result of their religious tradition.  

Christianity and Islam are blood soaked.  Jews fortunately have had the shit kicked out of them for the past 2000 years or so.  That has taught us how to modify our behavior and not to be savages among the other savages.  In the past 400 years Protestant Christianity had modified itself (for the most part) to sustain a secular order.  So I can get along fine with mainline Christians (for the most part) as long as they do not try to convert me to their nonsense. Jews got out of the conversion business 2000 years ago (roughly).  

I can get along with Buddhists and such like folk  and good natured pagans just fine.  Fortunately for the U.S. it is Christian nominally.  Most Christians are effectively pagans so they are reasonably easy to get along with. 

5 minutes ago, Jules Troy said:

One more month of Obummer.  Yay!

3 and a half, actually.  And hopefully he's going to really open the floodgates on issuing pardons for non-violent drug offenders.  He's done a fair number already.  Perhaps he's waiting until after the election, since a good number have been rotting in jail since the Clinton administration.  It would draw the wrong kind of attention. 

https://reason.com/blog/2016/08/30/obama-commutes-sentences-of-111-more-fed

13 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I quit working for the government in 1968.  Since then I never worked for a government or a government contractor

So what work did you do that wasn't related to your government, Bob?

I do not ascribe factual or literal truth to the holy books of the major religions.

So you regard the moral code of the 10 Commandments as being a fraudulent?

Greg

10 minutes ago, moralist said:

So what work did you do that wasn't related to your government, Bob?

So you regard the moral code of the 10 Commandments as being a fraudulent?

Greg

The ten commandments are not declarative sentences  asserting a state of the world.  The are  perscriptive,  not  descriptive.  Yes.  I  adhere to the Big Ten except for keeping the Sabbath on the Sixth Day.  I adhere to the seven Noahide Laws  without reservation. 

Your  inability to distinguish between that which asserts a state of the world and that which commands or forbids an action disqualifies you from making any critical judgments on either ethics or science.  You are an ignoramus in both regards. 

3 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I  adhere to the Big Ten except for keeping the Sabbath on the Sixth Day.

How can you adhere to those moral laws when according to you they're fraudulent? Aren't you living a lie? Also has there been any work you've done that wasn't related to your government?

Christianity and Islam are blood soaked.

Maybe in the dead past before you or I ever existed but that is certainly not true today, is it? America is an exceptional nation because of Christians. 

However, your statement that you see no difference between Christianity and Islam is identical to your ideological kin, the secular liberals, who, like you, assert the politically correct doctrine of moral equivalence. In that regard you are no different from them. In your view, America would still be the same nation if it was Islamic.

Greg

4 hours ago, moralist said:

How can you adhere to those moral laws when according to you they're fraudulent? Aren't you living a lie? Also has there been any work you've done that wasn't related to your government?

Maybe in the dead past before you or I ever existed but that is certainly not true today, is it? America is an exceptional nation because of Christians. 

However, your statement that you see no difference between Christianity and Islam is identical to your ideological kin, the secular liberals, who, like you, assert the politically correct doctrine of moral equivalence. In that regard you are no different from them. In your view, America would still be the same nation if it was Islamic.

Greg

The terms fraudulent or false can only apply to  assertive propositions,  those that assert the world is in some state or another.  Commandments are not assertive propositions.  They are exhortatives which command or forbid some kind of act.  So the word true or false does not apply to them.  I am perfectly happy using 9 out of the big 10  or the 7 Noachic  laws as rules of behavior.   And rules against murder and theft  have always existed in human communities quite independently of this religion or that.

Once more you show  you show your lack of sophistication by confusing exhorations with assertions of world-states.   You are philosophically and logically feeble. You just don't get it.  You are an intellectual incompetent.  

Rules are not facts.  I am willing to play a game according to its rules because the rules are what make the game fun or interesting.  The rules do not assert facts or denials of fact.  They tell us how to play the game.   The ethical rules in the various holy-books purport to tell us how to play the game of getting along with other people in our communities.  

I see a lot of complaints in our subcommunity against Stefan Molyneux (racism, cult figure, destroyer of homes, narcissist, etc.), but you have to give him one thing. He is prolific.

While people bitch about him, he's out there producing content nonstop--and it's content a growing public likes. So he's providing value to a lot of people. It would be wrong to deny that, agree or disagree with him.

Right now, he's scored another big interview, this time with Ann Coulter.

I haven't seen this yet, but I will.

I find Molyneux a far better interviewer of celebrities than a discussion participant among lesser luminaries or a standalone pundit. In these last two environments, he can get too snarky for my taste. For one small example, he likes to make the same kind of insider humor over and over, then assumes a self-congratulatory posture about it, like when he drops his voice to a whisper as if he's giving someone a very obvious piece of advice, but it's actually a put-down. That shit gets old real quick.

Celebrities seem to help him keep his cocksure overbearing side in check, meaning he doesn't preach--as absolute--a lot of the more imperfect ideas of his when these celebrities share the same screen with him. From what I've seen so far, when he's with a celebrity, he generally keeps to solid freedom-based ideas and is open to correction.

I hope my opinion is not negated by this video. :) 

Michael