Donald Trump

William,

Not so much a burp as a couple of afterthoughts that Drudge ginned up into a different connotation. (Where does he get his emotional radar for the culture? Dayaamm! He's wicked good.)

I listened to the speech to find out where Trump said the phrases.

In the first, he was talking about terrorists and ISIS. Here's the quote (from The Hill here): "If we are attacked, somebody attacks us, wouldn't you rather have Trump as president if we're attacked? We'll beat the shit out of them."

In the second quote he was talking about Cruz, the dirty tricks his campaign did against Carson and so on, and that the Democrats would sue Cruz over eligibility. He said, "They'll sue his ass off."

I figured it was something like that when I posted it, but it felt good as it was. So, even though I knew the phrases were probably taken way out of context, I basked in the moment...

:)

Michael

All the cool kids due these ultra-short videos for various promotions and self-absorption procedures. This one is kind of sexy. Sarah in seven seconds. No, not those seven seconds, but thanks for reminding me of the great Ava Gardner. She had a voice much different than Sarah's and no politics besides getting to the top, and never letting a man run her career.

Ava:

ava.jpg

Sarah:

"Passion is the fabric of America. Work ethic, dreams, drive, & faith in the all mighty..."

The game never changes.

Edited by william.scherk

Everyone wrote ( the media ) that the bigger the turnout the better it is for DT , meanwhile the big turnout crushed his Presidential aspirations.

Gotta give him big props for the huge turnout , too bad for him that it was a double edge sword .

I see this as a revolution and DT is a general and the military coup is under way .

Rubio though will start getting other generals to stand beside him as everyone wants to be on the winning side . We have 3 Governors in the race who will be dropping out and supporting Marco in the very near term .

Rand Paul is done - suspends campaign!!!!

Everyone wrote ( the media ) that the bigger the turnout the better it is for DT , meanwhile the big turnout crushed his Presidential aspirations.

Gotta give him big props for the huge turnout , too bad for him that it was a double edge sword .

I see this as a revolution and DT is a general and the military coup is under way .

Rubio though will start getting other generals to stand beside him as everyone wants to be on the winning side . We have 3 Governors in the race who will be dropping out and supporting Marco in the very near term .

Marc,

Crushed his presidential aspirations? Whose? Rand Paul's?

(That would have been better as a devil emoticon. :) )

The establishment is doing what the establishment does. And if it becomes successful, I look forward to President Rubio following in the footsteps of the distinguished President McCain and President Romney.

Thank goodness we will have President Trump.

Michael

"Passion is the fabric of America. Work ethic, dreams, drive, & faith in the all mighty..."

. . .

The game never changes.

William,

You missed a nuance. That's not how the video loops. It does it like this:

Passion is the fabric of America. Work ethic, dreams, drive, and faith in the all my

Passion is the fabric of America. Work ethic, dreams, drive, and faith in the all my

Passion is the fabric of America. Work ethic, dreams, drive, and faith in the all my...

It's not "almighty" then "passion."

It's "all my passion."

That's the crossword puzzle I was talking about when I discussed highbrow literary values somewhere around here.

And that game never changes.

Michael

. . .

The game never changes.

William,

Passion is the fabric of America. Work ethic, dreams, drive, and faith in the all my...

It's "all my passion."

:smile:

That's the crossword puzzle I was talking about when I discussed highbrow literary values somewhere around here.

Michael

Is it the case that "passion is the fabric of America"?

I don't think so. I can think of about 10-12 words that would be more accurate than "passion".

Palin really has become something of a caricature of herself.

OK , real talk now .

If I was a voter in NH , or SC or Nevada ( the important 3 since by Super Tuesday midnight DT will be done ) , I would want to know what DT is interested in doing besides telling me about Cruz being Canadian , Democrats suing him , illegal stealing Iowas win and how the polls were wrong and blah blah blah .

retweeting that Iowa was meaningless , etc .

I think that strategically he is making massive errors .

If he loses NH , I think he self destructs .

All due respect to everyones politics , and favourite politicians but I just see that Rubio really seems " Presidential " , he knows that the race is his to lose .

Even when DT wins HM and gets a token state for his efforts , he still aint gonna win by 24% . With the amazing campaign that DT has waged on social media he no doubt should and will be rewarded with a state or 3 . I would have NEVER guessed that he would even win one state , so big props . My issue is that the runaway polls and the coronation pre the first state was way too much and NOT translatable into real votes . As NH numbers come in way less than the polls indicate and then Marco wins SC and probably Nevada then by Super Tuesday we have ourself a new President .

God bless Marco Rubio

Marc,

Crushed his presidential aspirations? Whose? Rand Paul's?

(That would have been better as a devil emoticon. :smile: )

The establishment is doing what the establishment does. And if it becomes successful, I look forward to President Rubio following in the footsteps of the distinguished President McCain and President Romney.

Thank goodness we will have President Trump

Michael

I believe the average voter wants to vote for the winner . DT crushing the polls everywhere leads to more voters wanting to vote for him and the loop continues .

Iowa showed that perhaps the polls are not accurate , fixed by Microsoft , stolen by Cruz or whatever folks believe . That being said though voters realize now that we got to actually play this out , we actually have a race not a crowning of a new King . Voters will now start thinking who would really beat Hillary and based on Iowa - maybe , just maybe the polls are not accurate about a Presidential win for Trump, Cruz or Rubio against HL or BS ( a double entendre no doubt ! ) . Therefore folks will think who will actually bring home the oval office .

Thats when the average voter in the US will no doubt take an educated guess and realize that Rubio v HC/BS gets us 4 years minimum . DT , maybe yeah maybe no .

The US electorate is in NO MOOD whatsoever to take a chance on another 2 terms like the last 2 .

Marco Rubio is the best bet to get our chair back .

Therefore, Marco will start sweeping up states in March .

The only thing I have no idea about is who he will take for VP , and what deal Rubio and DT will make .

I believe the average voter wants to vote for the winner .

. . .

Thats when the average voter in the US will no doubt take an educated guess and realize that Rubio v HC/BS gets us 4 years minimum .

. . .

Marc,

You mean voters want to follow the establishment backing of Rubio to victory like with McCain and Romney?

Michael

. . .

The game never changes.

William,

It's "all my passion."

Michael

Is it the case that "passion is the fabric of America"?

I don't think so. I can think of about 10-12 words that would be more accurate than "passion".

I'm not so sure. More I think of it, more she makes sense to my far off but long-regarding eye on America. The "enthusiasts" - historically always religious (though it doesn't have to be) - have had bitter opposition from the "secular humanists", and for good reason. But things move on, and the humanists are now simply cynics and skeptics without any sure morality. That traditional passion came largely from the can-doers, for which the US is rightly still remembered. Now we have cynical 'can't-doers' dependent on government, up against them, who scorn such enthusiasms.

I believe the average voter wants to vote for the winner .

. . .

Thats when the average voter in the US will no doubt take an educated guess and realize that Rubio v HC/BS gets us 4 years minimum .

. . .

Marc,

You mean voters want to follow the establishment backing of Rubio to victory like with McCain and Romney?

Michael

no my man !!!! Come on you silly goose . Those 2 sacrificial lambs led to slaughter against Obama is not the way we are gonna do it this time . I mean if the ticket was God and the VP was Jesus Christ they would have lost . Obama was right place , right time , brilliant politician and outstanding strategist , helped by COBS and just about everything in the world .

God bless .

This time , its the reverse . We got HC/BS and they basically have no chance to get in Casa Blanca .

Rubio gets 40 states just by not doing anything real stupid ( and he won't ) .

If he makes the right VP pick and wants to really have fun , he could sweep the table and maybe let Minnesota go Dems just for the hell of it .

If I was Rubio , I run with the Governor of the great state of Ohio . Win Ohio , easy win Florida , get woman votes , Latinos , and the young folks too .

Sweeeeeeeeeeepppppppppppppppppp

Scott Brown just introduced The Donald with a fine rousing speech...

the link is on Drudge.

By the way, he endorsed The Donald.

A...

Come on, Adam. Is this supposed to a big deal?

D man:

It was an observation.

It carries segments of Scott's constituency in a state where The Donald can use an organization in the primary.

Damn, folks are getting really sensitive!

A...

Don’t cry for me Argentina. And then there were nine. Rick Sanctimonious dropped out! Oops, sorry. Vous ne disposez pas de crier, zee Parisian mime said. You don‘t have to yell, you ugly American. The idiot was trying to play the accordion, mine the story of Puss and Boots, and talk about his love for Christie (or was it Christ?) all at the same time and I could not drink my coffee in peace. Good riddance to Rick.

Scott Brown just introduced The Donald with a fine rousing speech...

the link is on Drudge.

By the way, he endorsed The Donald.

A...

Come on, Adam. Is this supposed to a big deal?

D man:

It was an observation.

It carries segments of Scott's constituency in a state where The Donald can use an organization in the primary.

Damn, folks are getting really sensitive!

A...

Sorry. I thought you passed this on because thought it was significant--which it pretty clearly is not.

Here is how Trump acts when has been smacked in the nose: Cruz is a liar, he steals, and now he deserves a "do over". Not a pretty sight.

This is a real opportunity for Trump not to act like a sniveling son of a rich daddy who just got jabbed in the nose. So far it would appear he is not used to being on the recieving end of things. He better man up before New Hampshire. Calling in the lawyers ain't exactly manning up.

It's interesting that Trump refers to himself as . . . Trump. I do have to agree that both the bad voter letter and the retweeted message from CNN that Carson had dropped out done by the Cruz campaign were a low blow. I would think Cruz's people would be better than that. Yet that goes to show Cruz didn't hire the most charitable Christian campaign workers. He used some other criteria.

Peter

David,

Does that mean you are critical of Sarah Palin?

Michael

Yes.

Is that allowed?

David,

Come on.

That was a quip. Kinda like, "Tell me how you really feel." (I like to vary clichés when I can.)

Of course it's allowed. This is OL, dude.

You just gotta deal with my bullshit if I disagree, but, then again, you always have to put up with that...

Michael