Any fans of "anti-life" music out there?

Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

I'm only here on this thread to make sure Kyle doesn't go totally ape-shit.

--Brant

Too late. I've been foaming at the mouth since page 4 of this thread. And I've eaten nearly half of my Nirvana CD collection.

Am I crazy?

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jules,

Welcome to OL.

Make yourself at home.

You seem like good people.

I've said this a lot in other places, but I'll say it here just in case you don't know. The focus of many O-Land forums, blogs, social medial sites, etc., is to further the Objectivist movement (whatever that is).

The focus on OL is different--it is to share and discuss ideas, thoughts, works, etc., as individuals. The Objectivism comes in because Ayn Rand has had an important impact on the lives of most of readers and almost all of the regulars. So we come together and interact out of a mutual interest--but it is a starting point (and often an ongoing point), not an end point. Each person is responsible for his or her own end points. Some people go one way and others go another.

So long as it's peaceful, I think that's cool.

I'm like a traffic cop on the forum, not a guru.

So relax and linger if you so desire.

I hope your experience here is a good one--for you and for everyone.

Alberta? Isn't it cold up there?

:)

Michael

Jeez, two feels songs in a row. Something must be up with me tonight.

Hard video to watch...

That's an excellent depiction of hard-core Vietnam grunt combat. The color scenes were filmed for the video.

It's about 20% of the actual experience of being shot at and 10% of being blown up, but that's all you can do with 1993 technology and perhaps today's.

--Brant

bullets whistle and crack; guns go bang, bang, bang!

on a scale of 1 to 5 this is a combat 4--my Vietnam experience was mostly combat 1, a fair amount of 2, just twice a 3 and only once a 4--combat 5 is your unit is overrun and almost everybody--or everybody--is killed (I had it easy, we even had some servants [cook, housekeeper, maintenance (one guy, who wasn't around long, even kept a gaudy out-sized [not fat] whore from Saigon or Can Tho in town)])

I knew a 101st Airborne trooper shot in the foot on Hamburger Hill (1969)--the doctors in Japan stamped his ticket home (the video is based on the experiences of someone who was in the 101st)

Hard video to watch...

That's an excellent depiction of hard-core Vietnam grunt combat. The color scenes were filmed for the video.

It's about 20% of the actual experience of being shot at and 10% of being blown up, but that's all you can do with 1993 technology and perhaps today's.

--Brant

on a scale of 1 to 5 this is a combat 4--my Vietnam experience was mostly combat 1, a fair amount of 2, just twice a 3 and only once a 4--combat 5 is your unit is overrun and almost everybody--or everybody--is killed (I had it easy, we even had some servants [cook, housekeeper, maintenance (one guy, who wasn't around long, even kept a gaudy out-sized [not fat] whore from Saigon or Can Tho in town)])

I knew a 101st Airborne trooper shot in the foot on Hamburger Hill (1969)--the doctors in Japan stamped his ticket home (the video is based on the experiences of someone who was in the 101st)

You know quite a bit about this video. Are you an Alice in Chains fan?

I remember once reading a biography of a man who was a grunt in the Vietnam war. I can't remember what it was called...

Got to go, I'll be back Monday.

Hard video to watch...

--Brant

You know quite a bit about this video. Are you an Alice in Chains fan?

I remember once reading a biography of a man who was a grunt in the Vietnam war. I can't remember what it was called...

Got to go, I'll be back Monday.

Wikipedia.

--Brant

Warning! Best anti-life metal song in the universe. May cause certain unnamed O'st's ears to bleed.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ToYtlUYHoy4

Dope - Die MF Die

Looks like I have another song to add to my playlist.

Has Kyle met his match?

--Brant

what would Ayn Rand say? (something about the culture in a sewer)

No, I counter with "Wait and Bleed".

My better side says to discontinue this dual; my badder side urges me on.

I counter, again, with this sweet "Painkiller" cover.

P.S. Jules, you can post the video by clicking Youtube's "Share" button below the video. Just copy and paste the link into OL's post box.

Wow!

Dueling bladders...

Dualing bladders...

Golden oops nevermind...

My better side says to discontinue this dual; my badder side urges me on.

You have a better side? Better side/badder side (my badder side is my bladder side)? Is this your "dual" nature or are you dualling?

--Brant

Dual at Diablo

My batter side likes either baseball or cooking.

I don't belong to any social media and don't sign in to YouTube so can't "share".

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70FI3c2ARKM

Good man - Devour The Day

Lol Kyle that's the spirit!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=DWdtN7pCZug&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DDWdtN7pCZug%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

hrrm maybe it does work

Trenches - Pop Evil (I like this one a lot )

However I may indeed have to eventually concede defeat(one day) and we will all have to adopt

Hail to the King - Avenged Sevenfold as our anthem!

This calls for an unwarranted and reckless response!

I'm pulling out all the stops; may this thread be filled with anti-life!

Sepultura?

Heh.

This is a Brazilian import.

I remember meeting one of those guys in São Paulo back when they started. I don't remember who, though. I was more spaced out on crack than the man in the moon at that time and I really disliked their music when I finally heard it.

:smile:

Michael

BTW, Michael, BTFW!--why do you tolerate all this anti-life crap on OL?

--Brant

Preacher--Preacher of Objectivism!--Bow down ye sinners!--bow down to RAND!

bow, wow--bow, wow

Here is one with filled with anti-life pounding greatness!

The vocal style reminds me of this song from Prong.

http://youtu.be/SlgcvQ7KyNI

Sepultura?

Heh.

I remember meeting one of those guys in São Paulo back when they started. I don't remember who, though. I was more spaced out on crack than the man in the moon at that time and I really disliked their music when I finally heard it.

Michael

Heh, a crackhead who doesn't like Sepultura. Now I've seen it all.

Sepultura?

Heh.

Michael

BTW, Michael, BTFW!--why do you tolerate all this anti-life crap on OL?

--Brant

Preacher--Preacher of Objectivism!--Bow down ye sinners!--bow down to RAND!

bow, wow--bow, wow

The forbidden fruit is the most alluring.