Any fans of "anti-life" music out there?

Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I was pleasantly surprised by that one Kyle!

I heard it on XM Radio on the way to an appointment. I just had to post it here. :smile:

Oh huh how did I forget this one!! 189 million views!! Yes, we are all doomed!

Well um..Brant you did lament that many songs have no video!

I was a huge fan of System of a Down in my early to mid-teens. I used to listen to them every day on my way to middle school. The bus trip was only 5-10 minutes long, but I got a few songs in, lol.

Too bad the lead vocalist turned into an environmentalist wacko. He has a nice set of pipes.

Courtesy the year 1998:

What happened System of a Down? You were such great critics of Bush and big government. Are you afraid of Obama? It seems that many of the bands that were critical of Bush are silent in the Obama era.

I know that this thread's title has scare quotes around "anti-life," but I thought that I'd post something that is truly anti-life, no scare quotes needed:

Consuming that much condensed saccharine in one sitting can kill you.

J

Jonathan,

The problem is the saccharine came from the puppets (or whatever they were) dancing, not the music per se.

The melody, harmony, rhythm, arrangement and even the singing are standard easy listening fare. The lyrics got closer, but not close enough to be overly-syrupy.

Michael

I think that most of the music in the piece is pretty universal, so much so that it could be easily rearranged/translated into almost any genre, including hard rock and rap, and still work well. But there is that little synth solo mimicking cute critter sounds. Pure saccharine injected straight into the veins.

I'll admit, though, that even that part of the music isn't what triggers my gag reflex. It's primarily Toni Tennille performing anything, and dumping even more saccharine on top of any existing saccharine. It's that feeling of being embarrassed for someone so badly that you blush and cringe, and then you wonder how they can continue to dedicate themselves to not only going on with the performance, but to acting like it still might not have anywhere near enough saccharine.

J

I know that this thread's title has scare quotes around "anti-life," but I thought that I'd post something that is truly anti-life, no scare quotes needed:

Consuming that much condensed saccharine in one sitting can kill you.

J

I need some Spiderbait to counter-act this evil.

They used to play that song on a local radio station so I looked it up! LMAO!

A lot of interesting songs are first aired on the radio. Especially on Halloween. :)

This one's for you Brant. I know how much you like your music videos.