Any fans of "anti-life" music out there?

Kyle Jacob Biodrowski

Really now Kyle, I was not spying on you. I just wanted to make sure you were covered up.

You really should be more careful; who, in their right mind, really knows what I'm doing in this thread? Who could know beforehand? Do you possess a priori knowledge, Carol?

Things, and people, are often covered up for a reason.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kyle,

Here is a detour into the past that, for some reason, feels to me in the same spirit as this thread (if you look at it from a quirky angle). Don't ask me why because I can't tell you.

Leoš Janáček wrote Sinfonietta smack dab in the middle of the Roaring Twenties--in Czechoslovakia.

The middle movements might not be so exciting for you unless you get into a mental drift and let go, but I have a feeling you might resonate with the first 3 minutes or so, and when this part comes back at the end.

Think of it this way. Some of the older dudes used to freak out in a big way, too. They just didn't have the drum set, guitars and amps.

Give it a chance. You might like it.

Besides, it's life-affirming. It says so right in the YouTube notes: "The Sinfonietta is perhaps Janacek's finest orchestral work, and one of the most vibrant and life-affirming works ever written."

But don't let that stop you.

:)

Michael

Kyle,

Here is a detour into the past that, for some reason, feels to me in the same spirit as this thread (if you look at it from a quirky angle). Don't ask me why because I can't tell you.

Leoš Janáček wrote Sinfonietta smack dab in the middle of the Roaring Twenties--in Czechoslovakia.

The middle movements might not be so exciting for you unless you get into a mental drift and let go, but I have a feeling you might resonate with the first 3 minutes or so, and when this part comes back at the end.

Think of it this way. Some of the older dudes used to freak out in a big way, too. They just didn't have the drum set, guitars and amps.

Give it a chance. You might like it.

Besides, it's life-affirming. It says so right in the YouTube notes: "The Sinfonietta is perhaps Janacek's finest orchestral work, and one of the most vibrant and life-affirming works ever written."

But don't let that stop you.

:smile:

Michael

Ugh, Michael, I can't bear such a cacophony of sound created by such primitive devices. Not an electronic device to be seen among the collection of savages. For goodness sake, some of them are rubbing sticks on strings! No transistors, speakers, receivers, amplifiers, routers, compressors, resistors, capacitors, or even circuits!

What the hell is going on?!

This is quite terrifying actually. Such a display and arrangement may have been appropriate in times before we had all these wonderful electronics. But, today, I can only take this display as the willful refusal of progress and technology. These savages wish to regress to the primal days of the jungle and swamp.

Okay, okay, in all seriousness, I'm kidding. Go figure...

I was just using a funny reasoning technique which I call "lazy perilous." It's, well, as you may have gathered, lazy, perilous, and even pompous.

In all honesty, I liked it, but don't tell no one. I have a reputation to uphold, y'know.

Interestingly enough, the song reminded me of city life.

Kyle, I know boys! I was just talking about blankies.

MSK, thanks for the joy I never encountered before.

What is under the blanket is the child's domain. Sacred, precious, and private. Privacy is a desire even held by the ultra young.

This one goes out to all the scaredy-cats out there.

I'm afraid of Americans
I'm afraid of the world
I'm afraid I can't help it
I'm afraid I can't
I'm afraid of Americans

lol nice theme song for "Doug Bandler"!

The song focuses upon irrational and imagined fears.

Are Doug's fears irrational or imagined?

Which Doug? Mild-mannered beta gaming hobbyist Clark Kent, or Solo Superswaggerman?

Whoever you referred to in your post #83.

... but not entirely irrational, for Beta Doug. This is in light of the many who post his same views in the US in their own names and remain unmolested. I suspect he just does not want the hassle of defending his opinions in the real world to the unsympathetic; Beta Doug does not strike me as the bravest of characters. As for Superdoug, he is fearless anyway.

Warning: Loud and raucous (and here I thought I was done with the warnings. A sure sign I wasn't doing something right.)

So, I was watching Cabin in the Woods yesterday and, during the credits, the song below played. I couldn't shake the feeling that I had heard it before. So, after a brief search on Youtube, I discovered the song was by Nine Inch Nails. Indeed, it was likely I had heard it before since I had listened to the album in the past.

It's amazing how items of the past can suddenly re-emerge in the unlikeliest of places. Okay, maybe it wasn't the unlikeliest place. Horror movies are known to have rock songs play during the credits.

I have to ask you Kyle, are you well?

--Brant

concerned citizen

I have my ups and downs, which is normal for me.

Why do you ask?

--Brant

concerned citizen

Why do you ask?

It was a rib against the title of this thread and all the vids you are posting. It was not meant to be taken literally.

--Brant

--Brant

concerned citizen

Why do you ask?

It was a rib against the title of this thread and all the vids you are posting. It was not meant to be taken literally.

--Brant

I suspected that may have been the case.

It's funny, all this "anti-life" music has been one of the things that's kept me going all these years.

--Brant

concerned citizen

Why do you ask?

--Brant

I suspected that may have been the case.

It's funny, all this "anti-life" music has been one of the things that's kept me going all these years.

If it's kept you going maybe it's kept you from knowing. While acknowledging the subjectivity of it all let's consider "pro-life" music--that is, when I was young nothing was so beautiful and uplifting to me as classical waltzes, but that didn't keep me from 'knowing'.

--Brant

only things to think about; I hardly know you