US 2024 Election

Guyau

57 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I kinda wonder what to do with this thread.

I am doing most of my Trump posting on older threads, but I like the idea of one devoted to 2024.

However this was started by Stephen and I know he doesn't like Trump. 

Hmnmmm...

I don't mind people criticizing Trump here on OL, nor do I expect everyone to agree with me. 

But I do reserve the right to my own opinion regardless of my position. If I disagree with something, I will speak up. I expect others to do so, also. I mean, that's what you are supposed to do on a discussion forum, right?

Well, the rule here on OL is that everyone speaks for himself, not for the site. And it looks like since the indictment, the Trump juggernaut just got bigger and even more baddass. 

What's more, I do have my own opinion.

So, this thread exists. Might as well use it.

Here is a meme that captures my mood about the circus in NY with idiot Bragg trying to keep Trump from running in 2024 through bogus lawfare, except maybe I'm a bit more jovial about it than the one who posted the meme.

image.png

:) 

Michael

Michael, I think you are an independent thinker understanding and integrating a wide context in arriving at your opinions.

In general, even so called rational individualists get all tangled up in party politics, which represents a big mistake; an error of epic proportions.

A rational person sees that the system is very broken... primarily due to the those who happen to "people" it... although it is still clunking along.

A rational person sees that neither party nor all of the members of either party is perfect... even if more policies of one party were generally worse than the other.

A rational person sees rights being trampled, violated, or eroded by actions and words of those who are in power from either party... left right (and perhaps one day center).

There is no Kantian categorical imperative for or against everyone from either party for all time.

A rational reality oriented person lets go of both party stripes and party gripes to vote for or support those in the specific context who have the best chance to move the government of the country toward a proper government which protects individual rights and freedoms, the only moral approach to allowing the opportunity for flourishing.

• Like 2

S,

Where do you think Trump Derangement Syndrome fits in to all of that?

After all, TDS people are generally rational until the word Trump is mentioned.

Then it's an instant Jekyll and Hyde transformation.

It's one of the closest things I have seen to human automaton human behavior.

One other example was with a Chinese dude I knew in São Paulo when I was trying to do some business with cable TV. He said he could help get funding and I asked what he would like to call the channel. He would stand up at attention, look off into the distance and say, "China TV." I got tickled by the robotic nature of this response and I used to say, "Hmmm... you know, I kinda like that name China TV," just to watch him stand at attention, look off in reverence and say, "China TV." Sometimes I would do that several times in a hour and it never failed. All I could think after a while was: Far out.

It reminds me of those experiments with rats where they drove ultra-thin fiber optic cables though their brains to end in specific cells on the hippocampus. Then when they sent a signal to the cell controlling hostility, the rat instantly attacked whatever was in front of it with total ferocity. When they sent the signal to a cell controlling relaxation, the rat instantly stopped. They demonstrated this on-off effect in series.

TDS seems to work that way, except once it kicks in, it takes a while for the neurochemicals to drain. The on switch is instant, but the off switch is buggy.

This is programmed by a process designed by behavioral scientists and only certain kinds of minds are susceptible to it.

I don't know what they developed, yet (I'm actually getting there), but here Kant doesn't stand a chance.

Michael

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TDS seems to work that way, except once it kicks in, it takes a while for the neurochemicals to drain.

Fox News had an interesting take on this "adventure." Trump isn't going to be "prosecuted." He will be "persecuted." And the timing of this BS allows those with TDS to influence the 2024 campaign . . . . and possibly the outcome of the election. I smell a rat. 

• Smile 1

S,

Where do you think Trump Derangement Syndrome fits in to all of that?

After all, TDS people are generally rational until the word Trump is mentioned.

Then it's an instant Jekyll and Hyde transformation.

It's one of the closest things I have seen to human automaton human behavior.

One other example was with a Chinese dude I knew in São Paulo when I was trying to do some business with cable TV. He said he could help get funding and I asked what he would like to call the channel. He would stand up at attention, look off into the distance and say, "China TV." I got tickled by the robotic nature of this response and I used to say, "Hmmm... you know, I kinda like that name China TV," just to watch him stand at attention, look off in reverence and say, "China TV." Sometimes I would do that several times in a hour and it never failed. All I could think after a while was: Far out.

It reminds me of those experiments with rats where they drove ultra-thin fiber optic cables though their brains to end in specific cells on the hippocampus. Then when they sent a signal to the cell controlling hostility, the rat instantly attacked whatever was in front of it with total ferocity. When they sent the signal to a cell controlling relaxation, the rat instantly stopped. They demonstrated this on-off effect in series.

TDS seems to work that way, except once it kicks in, it takes a while for the neurochemicals to drain. The on switch is instant, but the off switch is buggy.

This is programmed by a process designed by behavioral scientists and only certain kinds of minds are susceptible to it.

I don't know what they developed, yet (I'm actually getting there), but here Kant doesn't stand a chance.

Michael

He turns the world on its head by exposing the local and global swamp simultaneously shattering the image of western democracy being for and by the people and confronting the sheep with their lack of freedom and power in face of a wide and pervasive corruption.

This destroys the childlike, naive, and comfortable world-view so many have enjoyed their entire lives.

He's the guy that showed them there ain't no Santa Clause.  He's THAT guy.

Now, all the kids are crying and throwing tantrums, the unavoidable flip-side of their useless evasion is their utter revulsion and scorn for him.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2023 at 6:51 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Since this is the 2024 thread...

That didn't take long.

Michael

Phew, I really thought that he and a ticket of Ryan, DeSantis and Haley would somehow beat Trump in the primary.

Now maybe, just maybe, the most successful and loved President in history may have a chance to win the primary as an incumbant.

• 2 weeks later...

Biden says it's on.

BREAKING: Joe Biden Officially Announces He’s Running For “Re-Election” In New Video

Screenshot-2023-04-25-063153.jpg
WLTREPORT.COM

Joe Biden officially announced he’s running for “re-election” in a new video posted on Twitter. While other 2024 Democratic presidential candidates such as RFK Jr. gave hour-long speeches at venues with...

I wanted to use another news source, but others kept referring to Biden as "president."

This is going to be fun.

Michael

I wanted to use another news source, but others kept referring to Biden as "president."

This is going to be fun.

Interesting. At inauguration George H.W. Bush was 64 and Ronald Reagan was 69.

From Jim Sergent at USA Today: President Joe Biden announced his candidacy for reelection on Tuesday, which if successful would make him the oldest elected president in U.S. history . . . . If Biden wins the 2024 election as the Democratic candidate and serves out his entire term, he would be 86 years old at the end of his presidency in January 2029 . . . . It should be noted that Biden took the moniker of “oldest serving president” from former president Donald Trump, who has announced his candidacy for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination . . . Should Trump win the 2024 election, he would be the second-oldest president in the nation's history. end quote

Trump would be 77. DeSantis is currently 44. Nicki Haley is 51 I think, and according to the fired Don Lemonade she is past her prime.

Desantis has been showing a side of his character that I do not like.

He goes after monied interests with too much enthusiasm. By monied interests, I mean specifically old-school conservative monied interests. He does all right against the woke monied interests.

He starts with a broad default that sounds a lot like MAGA. The he builds exceptions for conservative monied interests that sound like Bush & Co. on top of that.

While in Jerusalem recently, Desantis signed a bill, HB269, that directly violates the First Amendment. He was trying to favor Jewish people with some sort of antisemitism thing that he dressed up as "hate speech," but he went too broad and now prosecuting free speech against the government is up to the prosecutors and little else. If they don't like antisemitic pamphlets, for example, they can send such pamphleteers to jail for 5 years. Prosecutors get to define what hate speech is. 

It looks like antsemitism was the intention of the bill and Desantis was courting Jewish money by signing it in Jerusalem. And, as meat for the conservative monied interests in that law, abortions after 6 weeks are banned and concealed carry no longer requires a permit.

In other words, Desantis is a Karl Rove creature behind closed doors.

But on the other side of that, if a future prosecutor, say if power changes hands, deems a MAGA poster as hate speech, the dude putting up the poster can be prosecuted under this law and go to jail for 5 years.

Styx, a huge Desantis fan who is now a former Desantis fan, discusses this.

5Wh1_2HGjrU_640x360.jpg
WWW.BITCHUTE.COM

That's a nope from me dawg: https://archive.ph/VSqyQ Support via donation: Patreon: https://tinyurl.com/y2jothtp Subscribestar: https://tinyurl.com/yyxov782 My books: Blogger:...

Styx doesn't say it, but I will.

Always follow the money.

Michael

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I hate to see this happening to Desantis.

But it's true.

As Beattie said, once they are done with him, they will throw him to the wolves.

And he doesn't even see it.

Michael

Doesn’t running with the establishment deep state always come with whispers promising success and protection?

Little birdies telling him he will prevail… of course he doesn’t see it.

BUT do THEY see it?  Are they using him … and to what end?

:o

6 minutes ago, Strictlylogical said:

BUT do THEY see it?

S,

Of course they see it.

In their minds, they are human. We are not.

Desantis for them falls into the camp of not.

He's a racehorse in their stable of horses.

When he stops running, he will be put out to pasture. Unless he gets pissed and threatens to blow the whistle and name names. And if that happens, he will be put to sleep.

These people luvs them some money. So if they did that with a cash cow like Epstein, you know they will do this with a fanboy who wants to be a superhero like Desantis.

Michael

• Upvote 1

They've got him dancing on a string doing the Elitist Shuffle to the tune of "Laws for Thee, Not for Me."

Ron DeSantis Set to Sign New Bill into Law that Will Allow Him to Run For President in 2024 While Remaining Governor

I can't help but hear the tune of "Tea for Two."

Laws... for Thee... but Not... for Me...
and Me... to Rule... I'm such... a Tool...

Michael

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/28/2023 at 6:35 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I hate to see this happening to Desantis.

They're doing the whole shebang on Desantis's head.

When would a guy like that ever think the following is a good idea?

Staffer busted.

The gist is a Desantis staffer posed on CNN as an undeclared voter to ask questions.

Yup, that's how your advisors are telling you to win elections, right Ron?

Fool your supporters...

Ugh...

Michael

Here's a note from my producer's eye.

I've always been curious why people say Desantis has no charisma. To be sure, I haven't seen all that many videos with him.

I watched that NH video above where he arrived at the restaurant and, now, I know why.

When he shows up and starts talking to people and waving and saying things like "Wow. How are ya'?" And things like that, he's not saying anything wrong.

But the way he's saying it is all wrong.

Watch his eyes. Sometimes he lands on the person he is talking to at the same time he is talking. That's good. But too many times, by the time his mouth is talking to the person, he is already looking at other people in a seeking manner.

This is subtle, but it's a timing thing. Bill Clinton had it nailed, just like Trump does. Hell, even Biden gets this right, maybe too much because he forgets what he wants to say or fucks it up. :) But he still looks at the person he is speaking to while he is speaking.

When you, politician, look at someone in a crowd, you have to make a small pause and keep your eyes on the person as you speak to him or her. That's the way to get people feel like they have been singled out. The world stops for them for a fraction of a second and they feel a bond. They feel special.

If you get this wrong, it feels like your eyes are skipping over them like a thrown stone skipping across a lake. Nothing sticks. 

I don't think many people grok this, but they feel it. That's what makes them call one politician a communicator and another without charisma. Or at least, from what I see, that reason is one of the biggies.

Michael

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

I saw a cute quote today.

If Desantis is the answer, I don't like the question.

I hate that he went with the Bush Neocon and RINO crowd because he was so good for Florida, but he's making his choice formal later today.

He'll have a Twitter crowd instead of a live crowd.

btw - Word is going around the media saying that Elon is supporting Desantis over Trump. I read what he tweeted and that is misleading. Elon was asked if he would support Desantis in 2024 and he said yes. That question presupposes that Desantis made it through the primaries and is running in the general in 2024.

See how they do that?

Elon also said he believes Twitter is the place for anyone to announce to get the widest audience. And the following offer speaks for itself.

Who knows? Maybe Elon supports Desantis over Trump. But he did not write that.

To be fair, he did take a backhanded swipe at Trump by saying (without naming) that he wanted someone normal for president. But I got the feeling this was because Trump won't come back to Twitter, not because he made a political choice to join the anti-Trumpers.

Michael

I've only seen bits and pieces but Desantis made it formal.

Tech glitches galore on Twitter. (Why can't RINOs around Karl Rove ever get tech right?)

And closed-off partytime with billionaires (only for the real humans, not for the livestock :) ).

Desantis is coming out strong as a closet Predator Class darling.

Now for the fun.

And we get to watch in real time the trainwreck getting ready to happen that he is on.

Michael

• Upvote 1

OMG, this is hilarious.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

🤣 🤣 🤣  

If you have not yet participated in a Twitter space, this is what it looks like. A Twitter space is a glorified conference call where some people can talk and others can listen in. Even though it is audio only, the picture of the participants appear when they are participating. When they leave the Space, their picture disappears.

Desantis made his announced run for the presidency on a Twitter Space and this is a goof on that. (btw - His real announcement was comical, too, since the Space kept crashing.)

I saw this floating around Twitter and damned if it isn't on Trump's account at Truth.

Lookee here (click on the image and it will take you to the video on Trump's account:

image.png

Another version of the video that should play here on OL.

And Trump's comments at the end... LOL

He posted this on his Truth account with those Deep Fake comments of himself...

What's more, Trump is using Twitter to get all his enemies talking about him without being on Twitter. 

This thing is viral all over Twitter in countless different accounts...

OMG again...

The pain... the pain...

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 

Michael

• Smile 1

From Ron DeSantis. Friend, It's official: I'M IN. I'm running for President of the United States. Have you ever noticed how often Joe Biden tries to take potshots at Florida? It’s because he HATES what we’re doing in the Sunshine State. While he pushes the woke agenda, we’re fighting back with freedom. Joe Biden is taking the country in the wrong direction. But I know I can turn it around. The American people know it, too. That’s why they are ALREADY voting with their feet. Our population is booming in the free state of Florida. Now, I want to put that choice on the ballot—but I need your support. end quote 

This was my first inbox message from Ron. I heard an interesting joke about him on Fox.

If you can’t beat Donald Duck, how are you going to beat Donald Trump?