The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

These idiots are committing blatant treason.

:)

BREAKING: FBI Claims Jurisdiction and Yesterday Took Control of Shredded Ballots Being Analyzed in Georgia – Sends Them Back to Shredder

Here's an unbeatable combination when committing a crime: arrogance, evil, and sheer stupidity.

What a sure-fire recipe for fucking it all up.

When the kaboom happens, I won't feel sorry for these idiots.

I want to, but I just can't.

(Nah... I'm bullshitting. I don't really want to... :) )

Michael

14 hours ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Dwindling time between now and January 20 - and the impeachment plan is supposedly going to be started Monday.

Will Monday fizzle or explode? Tomorrow at this time we may be closer to knowing. I saw that mosquito coast AOC (Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez who’s ancestor brutally killed off native Americans) wants to impeach El President asap to keep President Trump from pardoning himself, his family, and others . . . . and to keep him from running again in 2024.

The Washington Examiner quoted below is considered to be a more conservative newspaper. Peter

From The Washington Examiner: Rep. Jim Clyburn of South Carolina said the House could finalize articles of impeachment as soon as Monday, with members of Congress potentially voting on the articles on Tuesday. "I think they will be drawn up or finished tomorrow," Clyburn told CNN's State of the Union. "It may be Tuesday before we really get into the floor. You see, because it's privileged, it can go directly to the floor. It may not go through the regular — what we call the regular order through maybe the Judiciary Committee. So it may be Tuesday or Wednesday before any action is taken, but I think it will be taken this week."

More than 150 House Democrats signed onto one article of impeachment on Friday introduced by Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin and Rhode Island Rep. David Cicilline for "willfully inciting violence," culminating in the Wednesday breaching of the Capitol Hill complex that left four dead. "Donald John Trump engaged in high Crimes and Misdemeanors by willfully inciting violence against the Government of the United States," it says. "He also willfully made statements that encouraged — and foreseeably resulted in — imminent lawless action at the Capitol. Incited by President Trump, a mob unlawfully breached the Capitol, injured law enforcement personnel, menaced Members of Congress and the Vice President, interfered with the Joint Session's solemn constitutional duty to certify the election results, and engaged in violent, deadly, destructive, and seditious acts." . . . .

Another DC policeman has died. Fox News is wondering if there was a failure of leadership when the President and his son, during their pre-riot speeches urged their supporters to protest at the Capital. I think Donald Trump Jr.’s and Senior’s “rally speeches” will be scrutinized beginning Monday. And that video of Kimberly Guilfoyle (first Lady of San Francisco from 2004 to 2006. No kidding. It says so below on Wikipedia) dancing before the President’s speech was funny.

Some Pols are saying the Trump ruckus and possible impeachment is taking away from Biden’s spotlight and picking of a cabinet and it certainly is. Should Prezzident-elect Biden say he will pardon the Trumps after inauguration? I don’t think that will happen, but a quick Biden phone call to President Trump wouldn’t hurt, to ease the transition. Maybe that has or will happen. Peter

From Wikipedia: Kimberly Ann Guilfoyle (/ˈɡɪlfɔɪl/ GIL-foyl; born March 9, 1969) is an American attorney, prosecutor, and television news personality who also serves as an advisor to Donald Trump. She was the First Lady of San Francisco from 2004 to 2006. Guilfoyle studied at University of California, Davis, and the University of San Francisco and was a prosecuting attorney in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. She served as an assistant district attorney in San Francisco from 2000 to 2004. Guilfoyle married Democratic politician and future California governor Gavin Newsom and was First Lady of San Francisco during Newsom's first two years as mayor of that city. She is a member of the Republican Party and has been the partner of Donald Trump Jr. since 2018. She worked at Fox News from 2006 to 2018 and co-hosted The Five on the network. She later joined America First Policies, a pro-Trump super PAC, to campaign for Republicans in the 2018 midterm elections.

From The Washington Post: House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn (D-S.C.) said Sunday that the House plans to vote this week to impeach President Trump — but that the chamber may wait a few months to submit the articles of impeachment to the Senate . . . .

threeRalliesDC-January6.png

1 hour ago, Peter said:

I think Donald Trump Jr.’s and Senior’s “rally speeches” will be scrutinized beginning Monday.

There are a few places to scrutinize or read along with/watch Senior's speech at Wildprotest.com**/Rally to Save America, among which Rev.com and ABCNews:

I put up a page for the same purpose: https://wsscherk.com/VIDEOCASTS/A55KF/TrumpSpeech-Jan6.php

Sometimes it seems to me that getting to a judgement is rushed. To wield a metaphorical analogy, imagine you were accused of crimes X, Y, and Z. After you were arrested, charged, arraigned and make it as far as the prosecutor's opening argument ... would you expect the judge or judges to offer you a chance to contest the prosecutor's case -- to cross-examine her witnesses, challenge testimony, be afforded an opportunity to present your own defence against X, Y, and Z?

Well, it seems a rush to judgement skips past due process. Investigation is hurried and closed prematurely.

That slithery wind-up to a link that The Defense put up on the web.  A dreaded 'fact-check,' one that a few busy judges have little to no time for. 

Trump's Falsehood-Filled 'Save America' Rally - FactCheck.org

Off with their heads!

For Junior's speech at the rally, a longer version of events below. Eric and Lara Trump take to the stage at  51:30, Junior's consort at 55:59, and Junior steps up to the stage at around 58:50.

** - the Wild Protest website is offline. The URL above leads to an early January 6 snapshot at the Internet Archive. 

Edited by william.scherk
** -- moved reference to the now content-free "WildProtest.com" ... "Wiled"

A note for those who are skilled in English and want to pick up some extra cash ...

On 12/30/2020 at 2:29 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:
On 12/30/2020 at 11:29 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I think I will finish the transcript of the Jovan Pulitzer video I posted earlier and you will see why I believe this will be the fatal shot.

I did it. I am quoting the video and transcript below so you won't have to go back through the thread.

While poking around trying to find the Trump transcripts at Rev.com, I found out that they are always hiring 'work at home' transcriptionist who match their criteria:

TranscriptionJobsREVcom.png

Freelance Transcription Jobs | Transcription Jobs from Home - Rev

On 1/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, ThatGuy said:

Not rhetorical...still under the "believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear" motto. Because, you know...2020.

There are people still questioning if this was real. "nothing of what you hear..." Never said "condede, Biden..." And as for what we see...

I will say I rewatched the original video (relinked below), and the neck does not look natural in its movements against the clothing. when you enlarge the screen; the head looks visibly superimposed. (Look particularly at the neck line against the collar on your left, and the neck where it sits behind the microphone). And it the background does appear to be a "green screen." But, In short...I don't know. There's too much disinfo, too many games being played.

"Trust, but verify", they say. And even then...
"Trust the evidence of your senses..." Except that most of us don't have first-hand access, we've no choice but to be "second handers" in this information warfare. And that's doubly frustrating for objectivists. Too much ambiguity (and gaslighting) to take anything at face-value, too much disinformation that puts great limits on what we can objectively know or say about all this. The best most of us can do, in this circumstance, is infer, and root out what we can now with certainty.

Was that Trump video a "deep fake"?

I just came across this video of actress Linda Carter, of the WONDER WOMAN tv show, where her face is super-imposed onto the current actress playing her in the recent WONDER WOMAN movies.

Look how seamless that is. A very impressive "deep fake."

"Believe half of what you see, and nothing of what you hear..."

4 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Was that Trump video a "deep fake"?

TG,

At this point, who knows? Since it keeps coming up, there are signs. But who did it, why they did it, or even if they did it is all in the mush of fog of war.

I do know this. I am sure if there are people getting ready to pounce on the deep state, they just don't have time to keep the public informed of their activities right now.

Information is a weapon.

Disinformation is a weapon.

So who are you gonna believe?

I keep looking for something more than just words said by someone...

What I find I put here.

Michael

9 hours ago, william.scherk said:

For Junior's speech at the rally, a longer version of events below. Eric and Lara Trump take to the stage at  51:30, Junior's consort at 55:59, and Junior steps up to the stage at around 58:50.

Thanks William. Tomorrow will be a bright, sunshiny day . . . I hope. 

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

At this point, who knows? Since it keeps coming up, there are signs. But who did it, why they did it, or even if they did it is all in the mush of fog of war.

I do know this. I am sure if there are people getting ready to pounce on the deep state, they just don't have time to keep the public informed of their activities right now.

Information is a weapon.

Disinformation is a weapon.

So who are you gonna believe?

I keep looking for something more than just words said by someone...

What I find I put here.

Michael

Welp, know I don't have the answers...just the questions...lots of questions...

(Wasn't really expecting one, in this instance, but that's the point; just reinforcing the point of "believing half of what you see...")

This is one hell of a soap opera, I tell you what...plot twist after plot twist...

Mike Pence and Donald Trump Patch Up Relationship in White House Meeting

"A senior Trump administration official told Breitbart News that Pence and Trump met this evening in the Oval Office and had a “good conversation.”

"The news of the reconciliation between Trump and Pence minimizes the political impact of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s attempt to force the vice president to invoke the 25th Amendment to remove the president. Pelosi is scheduled to hold a full house vote on Tuesday on a formal resolution asking Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment after it failed to unanimously pass on Monday..."

and

"Reporter Jack Posebiec also revealed that both men exited the Oval Office laughing, and Pence told the president he “never once” considered using the 25th Amendment to depose Trump.

"Posebiec said that Trump even suggested that he would back Pence for a 2024 election bid, unless he decided to run himself.

“'No promises though,' Trump added, according to Posobiec."

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/01/11/mike-pence-and-donald-trump-patch-up-relationship-in-white-house-meeting/

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

This is one hell of a soap opera, I tell you what...plot twist after plot twist...

Mike Pence and Donald Trump Patch Up Relationship in White House Meeting

My immediate reaction - and my hope - is that Trump is just playing him.  At this point I don’t trust Pence at all.

Ellen

1 minute ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

My immediate reaction - and my hope - is that Trump is just playing him.  At this point I don’t trust Pence at all.

Ellen

Remember CLUE? The classic whodunnit? Was it Colonol Mustard in the library, with a cooper pipe? Miss Scarlett, in the dining room, with the revolver? Professor Plum, in the conservatory,with the candlestick?

It's kinda like that, now...

I know this is a nuanced situation but when you swear to defend the Constitution when joining the military, you mean it without equivocation. Your word is your bond. Vice President Pence was doing the same when he agreed to run for office. He is honorable and he did not shirk his responsibilities.

Peter Taylor, formerly of Headquarters and Headquarters Battery 7th Infantry Division, Artillery.

The Oath of Office (for officers): "I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the _____ (Military Branch) of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God." Before you raise your right hand, make sure you understand what you are swearing or attesting to.  The oath of enlistment should not be taken lightly, You will be bound by it for the next 4 to 6 years at a minimum.

41 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

Staging an organized fraudulent nationwide federal election--in collusion with foreign powers--is about the biggest breach of the constitution I can think of short of an armed attack.

Rubber stamping the results of such fraud is not a discharge of constitutional duty.

Michael

That states Pence's current perfidy succinctly.

And, given that he has a perfidious history, I wouldn’t expect a change of character to that of an honorable person.

Ellen

Trump Rejects Blame for Riot as House Nears Impeachment Showdown

President Donald Trump rejected any responsibility for the deadly storming of the U.S. Capitol by his supporters last week, calling remarks he delivered during a rally outside the White House before the attack “totally appropriate” and warning lawmakers not to impeach him a second time.

Trump on Tuesday said it’s “absolutely ridiculous” that the House is moving rapidly to impeach him for inciting an insurrection, saying the effort is causing “tremendous anger.”

The president defended remarks he made at a rally at the Ellipse that preceded the Jan. 6 riot, which left five people dead including a U.S. Capitol Police officer.

“People thought that what I said was totally appropriate, and if you look at what other people have said, politicians at a high level, about the riots during the summer, the horrible riots in Portland and Seattle and various other places, that was a real problem, what they said,” Trump said as he left for Texas to tour the border wall with Mexico.

Trump’s lack of remorse is likely to further motivate Democrats -- and a handful Republicans -- in Congress who are intent on ousting him over his role in inciting the violence.

The article is terribly slanted against Trump, but it lays out the expectable sequence to come.

Ellen

"Trump Not Resigning, Will ‘Not Leave the Public Stage at All:’ Gaetz"

"President Donald Trump has no plans to resign and remains the most powerful, most influential Republican, Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) said late Sunday.

“'I spoke with President Trump today. He’s not resigning, and he is not leaving the public stage at all. Donald J. Trump remains the inspirational leader of a loving and patriotic movement. People who believe that America’s best days can still be ahead, people who support law enforcement, and who need to stand together and fight against a radical left-wing agenda that it appears that Joe Biden intends to usher in with unified control over the government, with the House and the Senate,' Gaetz said on 'Fox Report Weekend.'"

https://www.ntd.com/trump-not-resigning-will-not-leave-the-public-stage-at-all-gaetz_551552.html

16 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

"Trump Not Resigning, Will ‘Not Leave the Public Stage at All:’ Gaetz"

[....]

https://www.ntd.com/trump-not-resigning-will-not-leave-the-public-stage-at-all-gaetz_551552.html

Legal questions:

I think that Trump won’t resign, but I’m wondering if it would be better long-range if he did.

Supposing Trump resigned, would the impeachment then not go to the Senate for trial?

If the impeachment does go to the Senate for trial, and if enough Republicans vote to convict, then Trump would be ineligible to run again for President.

But would he be able to run again if there wasn’t a trial?

Ellen

7 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

If the impeachment does go to the Senate for trial, and if enough Republicans vote to convict, then Trump would be ineligible to run again for President.

Ellen,

That could only happen after he leaves office. I doubt the Senate under McConnell will even schedule a trial. And the Senate can't convict President Trump if he is not in office. The purpose of the trial is to decide if he should stay in office or to remove him. According to Dershowitz, there is no such thing as an impeachment trial solely to strip a former president of his political rights.

There is a problem with the impeachment, though. Once again, according to Dershowitz, President Trump's speech that the Dems are trying to hold up as a smoking gun is protected by the Constitution (and it actually is unequivocally). An impeachment that did not get to trial is something laying around that either party could later use as precedent to try to restrict the free speech of the other party.

For me, the fraudulent election is a wound on half the country that will not heal. What Pelosi did with the impeachment was spit into the open wound. This will not end well for her and those who participated in it.

Michael

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Legal questions:

I think that Trump won’t resign, but I’m wondering if it would be better long-range if he did.

Supposing Trump resigned, would the impeachment then not go to the Senate for trial?

But would he be able to run again if there wasn’t a trial?

Ellen

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/house-poised-impeach-trump-second-time-incitement-insurrection-n1254051?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=news_tab&utm_content=curated

"The House is expected to immediately send the article of impeachment to the Senate, requiring it to begin the process of holding a trial to determine whether to convict Trump and potentially bar him from ever running for any federal office again.

"Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said that the trial would begin after the Senate reconvenes on Tuesday, just one day before Biden is sworn into office, and that it would not conclude until Trump was out of office."

"...No House Republican voted to impeach Trump during the inquiry that resulted in a Senate acquittal earlier in his term."

Here is President Trump's response to the impeachment folly without even mentioning impeachment.

It kinda neutralizes any potential (but extremely remote) weird thing like the Senate being called for a special session in the next day or two. With the text of President Trump's Jan. 6 speech and this, there is no way the Senate could even pretend objectivity and convict without looking like a blatant kangaroo court.

(Sorry to keep embedding with Twitter. As soon as I word out something easier like for Rumble, I will immediately jump over to that.)

Michael

• Thanks 1