Coronavirus

Peter

The opposite of the NY mayor?

'So what?': Bolsonaro shrugs off Brazil's rising coronavirus death toll Tom Phillips in Rio de Janeiro 4 hrs ago. More than 5,000 Brazilians have lost their lives to the coronavirus – even more people than in China, if its official statistics are to be believed. But on Tuesday night Brazil’s president shrugged off the news. “So what?” Jair Bolsonaro told reporters when asked about the record 474 deaths that day. “I’m sorry. What do you want me to do?”

1 hour ago, ThatGuy said:

Looks like Dr. Shiva is coming under fire today, from the pro-Trump side?

TG,

Ick.

Well, there's that.

But I do want to highlight that the things I liked about Shiva have not been addressed by RFK Jr. or Polly. The debunking I saw was political, not substantive.

The guy's got connections to Big Pharma. I want to say, so what? Who'da thunk an MIT professor would have such connections, knowing that Communist China owns about half the Ivy League professors and China produces most all of America's pharmaceuticals? So I'm not shocked by that or the other stuff.

And, frankly, I am not specialized enough to judge the science to debate it with scientists. (Notice that I did not discuss the science itself in my comments about him--I merely said when scientists are yelling constantly at other scientists and the tone is real nasty, something bad is afoot.)

On the pro side, I like the explanations of immunology Dr. Shiva gave. I still do. I imagine they are correct.

I like the fact that he openly supported President Trump's actions re the pandemic at a time when the entire Deep State and mainstream media were savaging him. I don't care why. I like the result at the time.

I like that he made a stink against the powers-that-be formatted in such a manner it was noticed by Rush Limbaugh.

I like that he is feisty enough to get the entire mainstream press going against him in the same manner they were going against President Trump, and now the Trump side going after him. 🙂 This guy sure pisses off a lot of people and that's just fine by me. (I seem to hear the same dog-whistle as the crazies--always have. What's worse, I like it. 🙂 )

But notice that I have said nothing (or very little, I don't remember) about Dr. Shiva since that post. The reason is that I signed up for his videos and tweets and started paying attention to him--not a lot, just a little. But something seemed off. So I took the approach of wait and see.

I'm not going to bash him just because RFK Jr. is bashing him. Let's not forget that RFK Jr. is a flaming progressive. He's the kind of guy I like on the left (somewhat in the same manner I like Jimmy Dore) because he's fact-oriented (as opposed to the progressive fruitcakes and the big establishment Democrats), but he's still for big government with lefties in charge. His stance on autism and vaccines buys him a lot of good will with me because it's personal. Anyone who hasn't lived with an autistic child and interacted with others in the same boat has no idea...

Nor will I bash him because Amazing Polly is now bashing him. (And I really resonate with Polly.)

Why won't I instantly bash him? Simply because I use my own eyes and my own mind as final judge of what I think.

I read RFK Jr.'s article. It's ugly for Dr. Shiva. But at this juncture, I don't see him as a political operator, even though he goes easy on the folks who pay him and is running for office. I see him as a disturbed genius archetype to a tee. On one end, he does brilliant work. On the other, he is so consumed by hatred, he's emotionally imbalanced. For example, he constantly makes wild accusations and picks fights as his starting point, not end point.

That's why I, personally, am going to see how this plays out before I dichotomize his soul on the side of Satan. 🙂 

Apropos, I have said the following often, but I still want to emphasize it. Humans jump to polar opposites by default, then their brains kick in. Another way of putting it is that humans react-then-act guided by their lower brain, but they only reflect-and-act after they engage their neocortex by volition. the lower brain is right most of the time, but when it's wrong, it can really fuck up.

Taking that thinking to specific cases, this is my frame for liking Alex Jones and others like him. They operate well at the lower brain level in crashing through deceptions and big intimidation systems put up by awful and dangerous authoritarians. But just because I like Alex and support a lot of what he says and does, that doesn't mean I agree with everything. I don't think he even does that with himself. So I put his hair-trigger accusations in the frame of a battering ram that is often right. But I will not adopt those accusations in depth until I look with my own eyes.

I'm beginning to see Dr. Shiva in this light, except he seems to be a real nasty piece of work on a personal bitchy level if you get on the wrong side of him. 

As for sleeper, I don't agree that he's a sleeper. At least not yet I don't. I need to see more.

From what I've studied, I don't think he's emotionally balanced enough to be a sleeper. Hotheads famous for being hotheads make horrible sleepers. Take a look at history and see if there have been damaging deceptions that have been incubated covertly for long periods by hotheads. There may be some out there, but I can't think of one. Most spooks and covert agents favor under-the-radar for the long game.

Scientifically and strictly on an information level, I think Dr. Shiva is probably as good as he claims to be. Since he explains things well, I still feel comfortable learning from that side of him when I need to. Politically, though, I think he's vain and a social climber with an incurable case of hemorrhoids.

Michael

2 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Just make a list of possibilities, then eliminate the less likely.

I'll help you start:

1) Because he is terrified of the Coronona Cough.

2) Maybe Pence (and Trump) wear no mask because they read this?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1545C_dJWMIAgqeLEsfo2U8Kq5WprDuARXrJl6N1aDjY/preview?pru=AAABceu1srE*FygQO5BMz6IRHV9NxHyxgA

"The HCQ-AZ combination, when started immediately after diagnosis, appears to be a safe and efficient treatment for COVID-19"

• Like 1

from Today Dr. Anthony Fauci says it's not out of the question that the United States could have a viable coronavirus vaccine by January.

from The Hill Karen Pence says vice president didn't know about Mayo Clinic mask policy until he left Brett Samuels 1 hr ago. Second lady Karen Pence said Thursday that Vice President Pence had been unaware of the Mayo Clinic's policy requiring all visitors to wear a face covering until after he left visiting the facility on Tuesday. "As our medical experts have told us, wearing a mask prevents you from spreading disease. And knowing he doesn't have COVID-19, he didn't wear one," she said on "Fox & Friends." "It was actually after he left Mayo Clinic that he found out they had a policy of asking everyone to wear a mask," the second lady continued. "So someone who's worked on this whole task force for over two months is not someone who would have done anything offend anyone, or hurt anyone, or scare anyone."

The only meaningful data on the chart is in the first two columns. I had no idea Germany and Iran had nearly identical populations.

Case numbers don't mean much without reliable and more widespread reporting/testing that approaches numbers sufficient to statistically mirror populations and randomizations, and more timely data sets, that chart is so march.

On 4/28/2020 at 10:44 AM, Jon Letendre said:

The numbers will fall off once the nursing homes are empty of residents dying of other causes but listed as corona.

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/coronavirus/ground-zero-fifth-half-all-coronavirus-deaths-have-been-nursing-homes

The scamdemic is losing steam.

Your Great President Donald J Trump: " … to increase their inspections of nursing homes, at this critical time, we have to do that. We have to that. It's a spot that we have to take care of. I guess you could call it a little bit of a weak spot, because things are happening at the nursing homes that were not … we're not happy about that. We don't want that to happen. So we're checking that out carefully and very methodically."

https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/

11 hours ago, tmj said:

I had no idea Germany and Iran had nearly identical populations.

Dagonnit! You're smart. And you connect the dots. I did not see that. Thanks tmj. Who knew before you?

Pick one. Peter

Oh, man. What path are we going down?

Well, I am glad he did MORE than just give platitudes.

Real news. The White House • April 30, 2020. Behind President Trump’s action to protect America’s food supply. President Trump is using the Defense Production Act to ensure that Americans have a reliable supply of beef, pork, and poultry during the global Coronavirus pandemic. Food supply is critical infrastructure, essential to the health and safety of every American citizen. Recent actions in some states have led to the complete closure of large processing facilities, which can quickly affect meat availability in all parts of the country. 

🎬 Secretary Perdue: Americans can be confident there will be food on the table

The closure of a single plant can eliminate more than 80 percent of the supply of a particular meat—say, ground beef—for an entire grocery store chain. All told, the failure to keep facilities open could force millions of pounds of meat to disappear from the market, potentially causing long-term disruptions to America’s supply chain.

With President Trump’s executive order this week, the Department of Agriculture can ensure U.S. meat and poultry processors continue to operate uninterrupted to the maximum extent possible. To protect worker safety, processors will continue to follow the latest guidance from the CDC and the Occupational Safety & Health Administration.

“The United States of America is undergoing the fastest industrial mobilization since World War II,” White House Director of Trade and Manufacturing Policy Peter Navarro says. The President's use of “the Defense Production Act is a key part of that mobilization.” 

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/health_policy/Provisional-Death-Counts-COVID-19-Pneumonia-and-Influenza.pdf
>54,217 Pneumonia, Influenza, OR COVID-19
Influenza death rate low v previous years?
Knowledge is power.
Information warfare.
Q

https://qmap.pub/