Looks like we're about to see a good-ol' rootin-tootin' Texas showdown..."out of arrest jurisdiction"...does that mean he's not going back?

Texas State Rep. Gene Wu (D): "Landed safely in DC. Officially out of arrest jurisdiction of Gov. Abbott. It was wonderfully to randomly run into people who recognized me and applauded what we are doing."

Meanwhile, DiscloseTV is claiming that Texas is going to "hunt down" the AWOL lawmakers...will have to see how that "jusisdiction" claim plays out...

Doesn't the Capitol Police have a rather limited jurisdiction , or it is only restricted by name?

Maybe just legal expansion by the legally elected officials , all honkey dorey , nothing extra constitutional here , its all good , shut up and comply.

• Upvote 1

Ted Cruz is a recognized constitutional law expert , I'm really eager to have him comment on the constitutionality of the lawmakers activities as they pertain to the Texas constitution. Real eager.

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Lots of peaceful people who were invited into the capitol building by the police on Jan. 6 are now in jail and held without bail.

Lots. How many of the ~450 arrested are in this category, I wonder. It'd be handy to have some names ...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

As a human, you can't know that.

You are mind-reading the dead.

Cole Sear tells Dr. Crowe, “I see dead people.” When Crowe asks where he sees them, his reply is “everywhere.”

You are correct, Michael. I don’t know what she was thinking. What bothers me is what Trump said on video because we do have an inkling about what HE was thinking. The gathering was called: the "Stop The Steal" rally. He promised the protest would be “wild.” So, does he bear any “moral blame” for what happened? He (prompted / urged / promised / hoped for,) “a change” in his circumstances. Yet, I think his chances for re-election in 2024 were lessened. As I have said, I hope Biden makes some blunders that don’t jeopardize the citizens of the United States. Who will I contribute money to in 2023 and 4? President Donald Trump. Who will I vote for? DJT!  

I wasn’t paying attention to the TV as I typed, but the DOW must have topped 35,000 but now it has dropped down.   Peter

Notes. From Insider. Multiple people who stormed the Capitol have claimed they did so on the instructions of President Donald Trump, the Washington Post reported. Trump instructed his supporters to come to Washington to attend a "Stop The Steal" rally as he sought to overturn the election, promising his supporters that the protest would be “wild.” Leonard M. Niehoff, a First Amendment expert, said that the response to Trump's direct call for supporters to visit the Capitol and "fight" meant the president could be liable. Other legal experts believe the president would be protected from prosecution under legal precedent.

From BBC News: The day before she died, Ashli Babbitt wrote on social media about the upcoming gathering of Trump supporters in the US capital. "Nothing will stop us," she wrote. "They can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours."

47 minutes ago, Peter said:

Notes. From Insider. Multiple people who stormed the Capitol have claimed they did so on the instructions of President Donald Trump, the Washington Post reported.

Sometimes a link cries out to be included ...

https://www.businessinsider.com/capitol-rioters-say-trump-told-them-to-come-to-washington-2021-1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

No.

As a human, you can't know that.

You are mind-reading the dead.

:)

Michael

But what about the influencers? How can we know that they didn't plan insurrection in the heart of Ashli Babbit? We can't. Perhaps we need to inplement a MINORITY REPORT-styled think-tank to stop these insurrectionist influences and impulses  before it's too late? "For the greater good", of course...

2 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Lots. How many of the ~450 arrested are in this category, I wonder. It'd be handy to have some names ...

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases

William,

I only skimmed this quickly, but one thing popped out at me. Have you noticed how many items are going to be misdemeanors when the sentencing time comes?

The authoritarians are going to have to explain why they detained so many people for months on end for misdemeanors.

That should hit right in the middle of the midterms.

And that is taking the charges at face value without the Deep State and others infiltration stuff.

That's going to be a fun time.

Michael

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Business Insider?

Really?

Why not discuss Robert Spencer's views on why Islam is so popular throughout the world while we are at it?

Facts are far better than a ham-handed agenda when "crying out to be included" is concerned.

At least for me.

I see your mileage varies.

Michael

2 hours ago, tmj said:

Doesn't the Capitol Police have a rather limited jurisdiction , or it is only restricted by name?

Maybe just legal expansion by the legally elected officials , all honkey dorey , nothing extra constitutional here , its all good , shut up and comply.

T,

They are actually getting 2 billion dollars to become a secret police (in the banana republic sense) throughout the country. And that's just the first installment.

This might be why "defund the police" was an item promoted so heavily by the authoritarians.

Michael

Gov. Abbott on Democrats fleeing state: They will be arrested

An attempt by Democrat lawmakers in Texas to block election integrity bills by fleeing the state has backfired. On Monday, nearly all 67 Texas state representatives flew in private planes to Washington D.C. in an attempt to block GOP bills that would add stricter voter ID laws.

“As soon as they come back in the state of Texas, they will be arrested,” Gov. Greg Abbott (R-Texas) asserted. “They will be cabined inside the Texas Capitol until they get their job done.”

Rep. Nicole Collier (D-Texas) spoke with press and claimed the only option left was to flee the state because it denied legislature quorum to pass the GOP’s voter reform bills, which aimed to add new ID requirements for citizens voting by mail.

“We had no other option. There was nothing left to give and so we took a stand,” she stated. “We left the state of Texas because that was the best and  the right thing to do at the right time.”

https://www.oann.com/gov-abbott-on-democrats-fleeing-state-they-will-be-arrested/

MSK

I think the phrase will be disremembered down the memory hole. Its utility was in getting the ire up of the opposition to facilitate bickering and caterwauling with no real push back.

Reimaging policing is the real deal. The scheme will run something like local jurisdictions will head up social worker corps and bad think investigators , the federalized forces will be the guns and the paramilitary forces. They already seeded jurisdictions across the country with a ‘excess’ military equipment and funding for SWAT like response teams all they need to get the fealty of the locals. I think the usual regime tactic to move personnel from their ‘home’ districts to populations where they have no personal ties . 

But im cynical and paranoid , so practically a nut job , lol.

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

I only skimmed this quickly, but one thing popped out at me. Have you noticed how many items are going to be misdemeanors when the sentencing time comes?

The authoritarians are going to have to explain why they detained so many people for months on end for misdemeanors.

That should hit right in the middle of the midterms.

And that is taking the charges at face value without the Deep State and others infiltration stuff.

That's going to be a fun time.

Michael

"Corporate press: 'More than 500 J6 rioters are charged with CRIMES. TWELVE have PLEAD GUILTY.'
Crimes with guilty pleas: mostly people practicing the first amendment."

"You know what they are not charged with? Rioting."

https://twitter.com/OfficialTRHL/status/1415041164244307971?s=20

That Guy quoted The Constitution and now I quote: Amendment I. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. end quote

“Peaceably assemble . . . petition the government for a redress of grievances.” That is great and I certainly have no problems with that.  

I see the slant in the historical Wikipedia article below but a quote from President Trump, stood out to me: "If you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.” I wrote something for Wikipedia years ago but I don't remember what is was. Weird. Just trust the quotes said Wiley Coyote. Peter

From Wikipedia: On Wednesday, January 6, 2021, the United States Capitol in Washington, D.C., was stormed during a riot and violent attack against the U.S. Congress. A mob of supporters of President Donald Trump attempted to overturn his defeat in the 2020 presidential election by disrupting the joint session of Congress assembled to count electoral votes to formalize President-elect Joe Biden's victory. The Capitol Complex was locked down and lawmakers and staff were evacuated while rioters occupied and vandalized the building for several hours.[28] Five people died either shortly before, during, or after the event: one was shot by Capitol Police, one died of a drug overdose, and three succumbed to natural causes. More than 140 people were injured.

Called to action by Trump, thousands of his supporters gathered in Washington, D.C., on January 5 and 6 in support of his false claim that the 2020 election had been "stolen" from him, and to demand that Vice President Mike Pence and Congress reject Biden's victory. Starting at noon on January 6, at a "Save America" rally on the Ellipse . . . .  Trump repeated false claims of election irregularities and said, "If you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore." During and after his speech, thousands of attendees walked to the Capitol, and hundreds breached police perimeters, as Congress was beginning the electoral vote count. Many in the crowd broke into the building, occupying, vandalizing, and looting it for several hours. They assaulted Capitol Police officers and reporters, erected a mock gallows on the Capitol grounds, and attempted to locate lawmakers to capture and harm. Some rioters chanted "Hang Mike Pence", after Pence's rejection of false claims by Trump and others that the vice president could overturn the election results. Some vandalized and looted the offices of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D–CA), as well as those of other members of Congress.

With building security breached, Capitol Police evacuated the Senate and House of Representatives chambers. Several buildings in the Capitol complex were evacuated, and all were locked down. Rioters occupied and ransacked the empty Senate chamber while federal law enforcement officers drew handguns to defend the evacuated House floor. Pipe bombs were found at the offices of the Democratic National Committee and the Republican National Committee, and Molotov cocktails were discovered in a vehicle near the Capitol. Trump resisted sending the D.C. National Guard to quell the mob.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

... but a quote from President Trump, stood out to me: "If you don't fight like hell, you're not going to have a country anymore.”

Peter,

Let's put that quote in context. Go to the following link and read the entire transcript of President Trump's speech for the Save America rally on Jan. 6:

Donald Trump Speech “Save America” Rally Transcript January 6

But if you don't want to read the whole thing, let's start with this quote, shall we? (Quoting from the Rev transcript and my bold):

Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated, lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard. Today we will see whether Republicans stand strong for integrity of our elections, but whether or not they stand strong for our country...

Now, at the end of the speech, here is the quote--in context--that you apparently believe is the equivalent of Trump telling people to invade the capitol building and destroy everything in it.

Our brightest days are before us, our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody until I came along, had any idea how corrupt our elections were. And again, most people would stand there at 9:00 in the evening and say, “I want to thank you very much,” and they go off to some other life, but I said, “Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.” And we fight. We fight like hell and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.

Our exciting adventures and boldest endeavors have not yet begun. My fellow Americans for our movement, for our children and for our beloved country and I say this, despite all that’s happened, the best is yet to come.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give… The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

So let’s walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you all. God bless you and God bless America. Thank you all for being here, this is incredible. Thank you very much. Thank you.

That, I submit, can only be construed as a call to violence by propagandistic misrepresentation.

In context, as a call to violence, it is simply not a call to violence.

Other than Trump, who on earth would ever be accused of telling a mass audience "the best is yet to come" and that be construed as a war cry?

This is the first time in my life I have ever heard of such a thing. It doesn't feel like the first time because the propaganda has been hammered to death in the media for the last few months. But before this event and the disgusting propaganda campaign, if someone had shown me those words and said this would be called "inciting violence," I would have thought them to be fruitcakes.

Even today, imagine, say a universally hated scumbag like Avenatti saying those words. Could anybody honestly think he was inciting violence? 

The idea is so ridiculous, I believe most people would think it silly.

Well, it is silly.

And it will be judged as silly in the history books after this era.

Michael

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Could anybody honestly think he was inciting violence? 

No. Just a march and a protest and thanks for the concise summary. If Trump runs in 2024 will he run with Mike Pence as his Veep? Do you or anyone reading this, think Pence was a traitor or disloyal by signing the election document / certification? I remember Pence being rushed out of the room and that was scary.

I am still anxiously waiting for proof of election fraud. Does anyone think evidence will appear to overturn the election? I don't. Reason tells me it won't happen. Remember when Trump said he would be President again, I think in this year. Does anyone have that quote?

Now Trump has given up that quest and appears to be running in 2024. I guess ex President's are OK if they change their minds. Of course. But he may also be somewhat emotional about this issue. I would be. Faith, truth, absolute sureness, and reason can go together, but emotionalism is "verboten," (unless you are arguing politics at a bar because there it is OK. Joke. Put'em up. Put'em up.) Damn. Suddenly this page went blank but then it came back and I did not lose this message. Peter            

11 minutes ago, Peter said:

I am still anxiously waiting for proof of election fraud. Does anyone think evidence will appear to overturn the election? I don't. Reason tells me it won't happen.

Reason tells me otherwise.

BREAKING: VoterGA Finds Thousands Of Fraudulent Biden Votes In Georgia, Has Photo Evidence Of Falsified Tally Sheets

"Thus, the error reporting rate in Fulton’s hand count audit is a whopping 60%."

https://nationalfile.com/breaking-voterga-finds-thousands-of-fraudulent-biden-votes-in-georgia-has-photo-evidence-of-falsified-tally-sheets/

btw - On election fraud, Biden himself is going to Pennsylvania to beg them to not do a forensic audit of the 2020 election.

That's a lot of political capital being expended on something the mainstream media claims is wasted effort.

Of course, it is not wasted effort, which is why Biden is going.

And, of course, a forensic audit it coming to Pennsylvania.

Biden is going to be the first person in American history to have been sworn in as president by fraud and have it proven. That's one hell of a nasty legacy.

I think it is starting to dawn on the Dems that this is what is coming. Panic is all you see from the Dem top these days. Sheer panic. They try to hide it, but it keeps coming through.

Michael

• Upvote 1