Trump humor

Finally an SNL political sketch based on reality and it's funny.

Other political sketches of this same night's show were not funny (Alex Baldwin mugging a caricature of Trump again and so on), but this sketch made the cast crack up so much at the end, they were almost not be able to continue.

Notice that when reality and humor intersect (as opposed to hateful fantasy and humor), it's actually funny for everyone?

LOL...

:)

Michael

Talk about profiting from being President! A new, fake SNL TV ad, proving nothing.

Yo! Will Power! As you can see, this is your former President, Barack Obama, wearing a complete outfit from Bel-Air Athletics. We had Will and Jada over for dinner and he mentioned what a great deal this was with prices in “everbody’s” price range, from 6 to 200 green ones. . .   

Notes. Will Smith Drops Limited Bel-Air Athletics Collection Obi Anyanwu. Will Smith is channeling his Fresh Prince past with a new collection, Bel-Air Athletics, inspired by the NBC sitcom “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.” The 26-piece limited collection nods to Bel Air Academy, the fictional prep school that Smith attended with his cousin, Carlton Banks, and later Ashley, with burgundy and gold graphic Ts that read Bel-Air Athletics, and a tracksuit that has a paisley lining and can be worn inside-out, much like how Smith wore his uniform in the show. Additional graphic T-shirts include a cartoon version of Smith with the phrase “Will Power” and a retro tie-dye shirt with a past photo of Smith. Accessories such as socks, caps, a navy and paisley basketball called the “Money Ball,” a gym bag, air freshener and a phone ring round out the collection that also has a cropped hoodie and gym shorts for women and apparel options for kids. Bel-Air Athletics is the second collection Smith dropped through Westbrook Inc., a holding company that Smith formed with his wife Jada Pinkett Smith and Miguel Melendez and Kosaku Yada. Westbrook also launched “Red Table Talk,” the original talk show with Pinkett Smith, Willow Smith and Adrienne Banfield-Norris on Facebook Watch. Smith this year appeared in his first fashion campaigns for Moncler’s “Genius Is Born Crazy” campaign and Onitsuka Tiger’s 70th anniversary campaign. Bel-Air Athletics will be available from Oct. 1 through 14, with prices ranging from $6 to $200.

10-nate-beeler-counterpoint.jpg

7 hours ago, william.scherk said:

10-nate-beeler-counterpoint.jpg

For the reader, look at the underside of this political cartoon and you will see some truth.

The truth is this is exactly how anti-Trumpers see President Trump without humor. This is not an exaggeration for laughs. This is a reflection of what is in their souls.

Here's just one example:

Solitary confinement? 

Really?

Not placed on the rack, broken on the wheel, or burned at the stake?

You know you want it, Maxine...

By extension, this is exactly how they see Trump supporters. If you support President Trump, this means you.

They're not joking.

On the fun side, though, there is some humor.

President Trump is president, will continue to be president, and that makes them mental.

Michael

An added thought to the previous post.

The left can't meme.

Let me refine that. Authoritarians can't meme.

When Christian authoritarians were in power, they lost all sense of humor against themselves. And when they joked about the people they hated, it was propaganda, not joking.

Today, on the left, we mostly have authoritarians. They can't meme since authoritarianism and humor don't mix. And when they try to meme, it just isn't funny. It's hateful propaganda.

Michael

Clear out The Swamp! Where to put this letter? Eric Braeden 78, who plays Victor on TYATR was supposed to be leaving The Young and the Restless but I see he is in a new show in the same series, today, Octoberfest the 7th, 2019. When he was younger he played for The Maccabees, a Jewish soccer team but his Dad was/may have been a Nazi. He has a beef with Trump but a main cause of that is the slogan, MAGA. Why? It’s not for the usual Hollywood reasons. Peter

From the NY Daily News February 19, 2017. . . . "It is an entirely different situation," he told the Daily News. "Although Trump says he's going to make America great again. Where has that idiot been? America is great and has always been great and any immigrant will tell you that. He grew up with a silver spoon in his mouth. What the hell does he know about it? This is a great country. Obviously there's always room for improvement but for him to have the audacity to say, 'I'm going to make this country great again and things are terrible.' Who the hell is he? It's so much bulls--- he's selling people." Braeden — who got his start as Hans Dietrich on TV's war drama "The Rat Patrol" and also played doomed tycoon John Jacob Astor IV in "Titanic" — is furious at Trump's enablers as well.

"The Republican Congress under Mitch McConnell has been the most deleterious thing in America," he opines. "If you want to clear out the swamp, you clear out the Republican Congress. They have blocked every decent thing. It infuriates me just to think about it."

Debonair actor Eric Braeden, who has played self-made business magnate Victor Newman on "The Young and the Restless" since 1980, has just released a memoir entitled "I'll Be Damned." In it, the 75-year-old grandfather reveals that his father was a member of the Nazi party. Braeden, born Hans Gudegast in Schleswig-Holstein, Germany, says he had no idea about the Holocaust until he came to the United States in 1959 and saw a documentary in Los Angeles. His father died when he was 12 and he never got a chance to ask him about Nazism. He says a neighbor told him his dad had misgivings about Hitler in 1939 . . . . Ever since then he has been on a mission to repair German-Jewish relations by playing on the Jewish-American soccer team the Maccabees, visiting Auschwitz with Holocaust survivors, and going to Israel several times.

From Wikipedia. In 1958 Braeden, then known as Hans Gudegast, won the German National Team Championship in Track and Field (discus, shot-put and javelin with the Rendsburger TSV). Braeden later went on to win the 1973 National Challenge Cup as a fullback with the Jewish American soccer club Maccabi Los Angeles, scoring the winning goal in the semifinal and a penalty kick in the final against Cleveland Internationals.[8] In the 1970s/80s he could often be seen boxing at the Hoover Street and Broadway gyms in L.A. He is a very fine Tennis player and participated in many celebrity events.[9] His son, Christian, is a screenwriter who wrote the film A Man Apart, starring Vin Diesel.[9] Eric Braeden's autobiography, titled I'll Be Damned, was published by Harper Collins in 2017.[10] This mentions how he was a survivor of the MV Wilhelm Gustloff sinking. 

20 hours ago, Peter said:

Braeden, born Hans Gudegast

If I remember right, Gudegast/Braeden is the actor who Rand thought looked like Frank and whose photo in a magazine indirectly led to her death.  On seeing the photo, she rushed out to Xerox it in chilly damp weather without putting on a coat and caught the respiratory infection which she died from.

Ellen

I had forgotten about that Braeden story, Ellen. Thanks. If anyone wants to see him when Eric was young, check him out in a German uniform in “Rat Patrol.”

You are not alone. Stuff from Dana Perino’s show just now. Should House member subpoena Joe or Hunter Biden about contacts with foreign governments? If Trump is as bad as they say then obviously he will lose the next election so what are the Dem’s worried about? Are they already trying to overturn the 2020 election like they did in 2016? US pulling out of Syria? Does Lindsey Graham have a point? A man who served in Afghanistan in 2010 said no soldier wanted an Afghan soldier on the base when they were sleeping. Two of our guys were shot by supposedly friendly soldiers, one in the back and one in the chest, while he was there. NBA officials are OK for supporting free speech and freedom for the Hong Kong people and principles come before profits. Jonah Goldberg says China has repressive apartheid and if the Hong Kong people were of any other race everyone would see that. 23 nicotine vapor’s are now dead. Elizabeth Warren continually lies and changes her stories.

From the Babylon Bee:

Hillary Clinton Announces She Will Seek Reelection As President Of The United States

image.png

WASHINGTON, D.C.—Hillary Clinton has announced that after much debate she will seek reelection as president of the United States.

Pundits on MSNBC, CNN, and ABC News have long pondered whether Clinton would seek reelection or allow someone else to step in, and now she's made a definitive declaration.

"After much deliberation, consultation, and prayer to Moloch, I have decided that I will seek a second term," she said to a crowd gathered at a local Wendy's restaurant. "I feel I haven't accomplished everything I wanted to in my first term, and I really need a full eight years to implement my final solution to all of America's problems."

"Orange man bad! Orange man bad!" she chanted at one heckler, though the heckler turned out to be a Wendy's worker asking if she wanted the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger 4 for $4 or the chicken sandwich one.

Aides then gently ushered her back onto the bus to take her back to Bright Sunrise Home For Seniors.

Well, Clinton did say--for real--she could beat Trump again.

Michael

This has to go in Trump Humor for the simple reason that Mitt Romney is threatening to support Trump's impeachment.

Nolte: Mitt Romney Caught with Secret ‘Pierre Delecto’ Twitter Account to Champion Himself

You can't make this one up. Mitt has his own secret Carlos Danger moniker to hide his unsavory shit. He calls himself Pierre Delecto (Delightful Peter in English) and he defends Mitt Romney, yes himself, against criticism on Twitter, along with liking tweets by Trump bashers. See the article for examples.

I hate to say this, but I think we dodged a bullet when President Obama beat him. Obama was so awful, this prompted the rise of Trump. Romney would have been so morally mediocre as president that the lefties could have prepared a more solid foundation for later taking permanent power, like indoctrinating another generation of school kids through public education right under everyone's nose.

But that didn't happen and Mitt is now the punchline on a Trump Humor thread.

What a dork.

Can you imagine if Romney and Weiner teamed up? They could call themselves Danger Delight.

Michael

Romney a dork? That’s why his other fake name is “Catcher’s Mitt.”

Not relevant to anything: Brought to you from the Eddie Willer’s Travel Agency. Average October temperatures in Israel are a high of 84 and a low of 64 degrees. In December it is 66 and 49. That’s a bit lower than I thought. For New York City it is 66/47 for the month of Oct. and 44/29 for Dec. and that’s about a 20 degree difference.

From the web. Israeli's Favorite Travel Destinations. Israelis are flocking to Eastern Europe, South America, and Asia for affordable travel and stunning scenery. From the white sand beaches of India’s Andaman Islands to the snow-peaked Andes in Huaraz, Peru . . . . Many people don’t think of winter as the best time to travel anywhere. In fact, Israel is a delightful exception to that rule. If you’ve been interested in seeing the many and varied sights that Israel has to offer, you will probably enjoy visiting in the winter when many of the interesting outdoor sights are less hot and crowded than at other times of the year.

Slow news days make me want to do crossword puxxles. From the past. August 24, 2019. The Dow Jones Industrial Average closed at 25,628.90 on Friday with a loss of 623.34 points or -2.37%. The S&P 500 closed at 2,847.11 for a loss of 75.84 points or -2.59%. The Nasdaq Composite ...

From the future. It’s Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Election Day. The suspense is terrible . . . I hope it’ll last. Who will win?

Rasmussen Computer Operator: Gentlemen, I know how anxious you've all been during these last few days. But now I think I can safely say that your time and money have been well-spent. We're about to witness the greatest miracle of the computer age. Based on the revolutionary Computonian Law of Probability, this machine will tell us the precise results of the election that has yet to be decided. [he pushes buttons on the machine; the machine prints out a response]

Computer Operator: It says: "I won't tell. That would be cheating." Based on Willy Wonka.

Man, talk about comedic timing:

‘SNL’ Aired Ill-Timed ‘Make ISIS Great Again’ Sketch As US Special Forces Closed In On Al-Baghdadi

Now we get to laugh AT SNL, not WITH them.

See the video at the link if you wish. I didn't embed it because what I saw of it was pretty awful humor-wise.

Besides, Baldwin's Trump stopped being funny ages ago. I tried to watch the beginning, but skipped to the ISIS part. Then I stopped after that was over since there were still a few minutes left and the minutes of my life are precious to me. Propaganda disguised as humor often works, but SNL just doesn't pull it off well.

Frankly, not even the ISIS part was very funny.

The hilarious part is the SNL people were nailing President Trump with mockery on being clueless about ISIS at the very moment the US Special Forces under Trump's command were nailing al-Baghdadi for real.

Talk about a trick cigar exploding in their faces.

Michael