Donald Trump

1 hour ago, merjet said:

Mighty MSK at the Bat

It was a fine but gusty, windy day for baseball in OLville. The home team was behind in runs 2-0, going into the bottom of the 9th. The visitors' pitcher was nicknamed The Magician, since he could baffle hitters with his toolkit of pitches, including tricky ones, made with superb control. He was often compared to Greg Maddux in his prime (e.g. 1995).

Still, the home team managed to get two runners on base. The home team's play-by-play sportscaster, who was much like the late Harry Caray, announced the mighty MSK's turn to bat. The mighty MSK had doubled earlier in the game when his high pop-up, easily caught on most days, was blown by a big gust of wind beyond the fielder's reach.

With the count 2-1, the mighty MSK swung at the next pitch. All heard the loud crack as his bat struck the ball. The crowd roared. The sportscaster began his oft-heard commentary. "It might be. It could be." Many in the crowd stood. ThatGuy and Marc leaped and yelled with delight.

Then the flight of the ball began to curve and curved more and more, enhanced by the wind. The ball sailed well over HR-distance but landed foul by more than 50 feet. The sportscaster continued, "It is. [long pause] Oh, no. It's a long-winded foul ball!" The home-team crowd sighed, but they kept hope for change they liked.

The next pitch was a gem. It neared the plate well outside and low. Then MSK watched --stunned -- as the ball curved in and apparently rose over the outside edge of the plate. His bat stayed over his shoulder. The ump yelled, "Ste-e-e-e-rike three!" Sadly, there was no joy in OLville that day. The home team lost.

In a post-game interview a local reporter asked The Magician, “You were sure lucky with that pitch MSK crushed in the 9th, weren’t you?” The Magician grinned widely, then said “Lucky?” [long pause] “Do you have another question?”

Merlin,

You're getting a little better. Seriously. There's finally a spark of creativity emerging rather than lame repetition of the following variety you habitually do: 

Person A: You're a poo-poo head.
Person B (you): No you're a poo-poo head. yuk yuk yuk

Now if you can learn how to do a better payoff than a simple gloat, you might start communicating in a way you will get some audience.

(Have you noticed you never get audience for your ideas, only when you troll? The first is because you don't know how to communicate ideas to an audience well, and the last is because the crowd likes to look at a train wreck, not you in particular. If you cause a train wreck, they look. When you don't cause a train wreck, they don't look. It's the train wreck they want to see, not you. Doing ideas for an audience successfully is a different game.)

To show you what I mean about the lame payoff (the message being: "I'm big shit, really big shit, and XXX is nothing, yuk yuk yuk"), using your own link to YouTube in the post above this one, the following video is not a good payoff for a creative story. The audience gets disappointed. That's it? I engaged my time and attention for that?

You can include that in a story as something a character says or does, but when it is the actual payoff of the story's setup, when it's the entire point of the story, you only get people with personal axes to grind who like it. That audience is always tiny.

The left constantly does this in their memes, which is why they have a reputation that the left can't meme.

In the mind of the general public, this is how you come off by using gloating bluster as your payoff.

image.png.cd62dcdf38aea38beb5fb1505c8999

But keep slugging at it. You are making progress and getting a decent setup. If you show some interest, we can talk about what a good payoff is.

Helpfully,

:) 

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

lame repetition of the following variety you habitually do: 

Person A: You're a poo-poo head.
Person B (you): No you're a poo-poo head. yuk yuk yuk

Now if you can learn how to do a better payoff than a simple gloat, you might start communicating in a way you will get some audience.

Hogwash. That's a passing analysis of your lame Sep 19 story, though.

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

But keep slugging at it. You are making progress and getting a decent setup. If you show some interest, we can talk about what a good payoff is.

No thanks, snooty. I know plenty about humor, having read some astute observers, which doesn't include you. 

15 minutes ago, merjet said:

Hogwash.

No thanks, snooty. I know plenty about humor, having read some astute observers, which doesn't include you. 

This is for the reader, not for Merlin.

Here is a perfect example of trolling.

There is no substance.

:) 

And this case is interesting because when Merlin gets into a state of congratulating himself and mentally surfing on the neurochemical high from that (serotonin and so on), he reverts to low-level trolling by default.

That's the danger of hiding one's self-image from oneself behind constant comparisons with others.

One automates secondhandedness and it's a bitch to break the habit.

We can all learn from this.

Helpfully,

Michael

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This is for the reader, not for Merlin.

[Another pile of bs.]

"You shouldn't poop in public."--Brant (link).

Thank you, Brant.  I also salute you for your service, fellow Vietnam vet.

Maybe MSK will learn something from this, but I seriously doubt it.

42 minutes ago, merjet said:

I just now learned that Merlin is dishonest.

Here is a screenshot of Brant's post and anybody can see the original here.

image.png

I don't want to drag Brant into this, but he is talking to Merlin in that post, he isn't talking to me.

Yet Merlin posted it as if Brant were talking to me and was making a comment about me starting the entire thread.

I honestly don't know what this guy wants to communicate to readers since he is intelligent enough to know he is lying. And lying on a kindergarten level at that.

But lying over what? Where's the value? What's there to gain?

I don't get it...

Still, I know dishonesty when I see it.

That was not a simple mistake. It took effort to reformat the post.

Not good...

Message to Merlin:

Knock this bullshit off.

Do it somewhere else. Not here on OL. This is a forum of ideas.

I mean it.

Consider this a warning.

Michael

56 minutes ago, merjet said:

"You shouldn't poop in public."--Brant (link).

Thank you, Brant.  I also salute you for your service, fellow Vietnam vet.

I just came upstairs to take a screenshot thinking if Merlin were dishonest enough to make his post, he is dishonest enough to alter it after he got busted.

Well, he did alter it.

I was going to take a screenshot, but he's deleted the crap he posted. So now my previous post looks like I'm complaining about something that didn't really happen.

Well, it happened. And if I had not busted him, he would have kept it up.

I used to respect Merlin. Not anymore.

I don't give a fuck if he stays around or leaves.

He's dishonest on a base level.

All these years defending him...

Man, that makes me sad, but reality is what it is.

Go away, Merlin.

Michael

18 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

He's dishonest on a base level.

Heh. The pot calls the kettle black. Here is one of many, many instances in which you have made up crap, tried to cram it in my mouth, or portray it as my thoughts (psychologizing), and then attack your own concoction rather than what I did say or did think.

23 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

All these years defending him...

LOL. You are addicted to making personal attacks on me.  You can't even follow  the advice you gave to anthony, which was to ignore me.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

... I'm moderating your posts.

Just for the record and for new readers to not be intimidated, I hate doing this shit.

Those who know me or have followed OL for a long time know this.

It takes a long time of being flexible about a member abusing OL for me to get to this point, and even then, the moderation is mostly temporary. Not all cases, but most.

(Even Jon can post again if he wants and that's been the case since several weeks ago. He doesn't want and that's fine. I don't think anyone misses being called a cunt or piece of shit by him. :) )

Michael

To arms, other people!

On 12/15/2020 at 6:42 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

If Biden is inaugurated, there are people who won’t be "whinging."  They'll be taking to arms.

This is an ugly headline and story from Axios. Jonathan Swan is not the worst of the worst, but his short report hits all the boxes for 'false narrative' if you have your checklist ready -- including some remarkably "loaded language." I wonder if any of the supposed conversations happened, given the scant details.  Does any of the behaviour align with the Donald Trump you know?

From December 15:

Scoop: Trump's frenetic, fanciful, bitter final plea.

[...]

Behind the scenes: One source who talked to Trump over the weekend said the president continued to insist that there was significant fraud in multiple states, paraphrasing him: "Do you think if the legislatures know this is all true, they would just act to overturn this?'"

• Like other confidants, this person tried to gently explain that even lawmakers who are allies probably wouldn't overturn a presidential election without a court order.
  • A second source said Trump ranted about how Ducey had been close to the late Sen. John McCain of Arizona, a Trump nemesis — and how Kemp, in Trump's view, owes him his election but gave him nothing in return.
  • In Trump's private telling, Kemp was way down in the polls during the primary race, and Trump was bored one day in 2018, "so I started tweeting" an endorsement, and his support put Kemp in office. (Kemp was behind, and it's hard to imagine he would have won without Trump's support.)

Trump also has been telling confidants that "people at the highest levels of Fox" have reached out to his people to try to repair the relationship but that he has no desire to do that.

• "He wants to make them pay," said a source who discussed Fox News with Trump in recent days.
  • He's focused in particular on Chris Wallace, Bret Baier and Martha MacCallum. Trump interrupted a recent conversation that had nothing to do with Fox to ask the person he was talking to whether they'd heard that Newsmax's Greg Kelly recently beat MacCallum in the 7 p.m. hour.
  • He was referring to the evening ratings for Dec. 7, in which Kelly edged out MacCallum in the 25-to-54-year-old demographic advertisers covet. Over November, however, "The Story with Martha MacCallum" consistently beat Newsmax's "Greg Kelly Reports" in both total viewers and that age demo.

What's next: Sources who've spoken to Trump in the past few days said he's reluctant to talk much about a 2024 run.

[...]

crystalBalltrump2.png

On 12/15/2020 at 9:36 AM, william.scherk said:

Here's someone getting a bit ahead of himself.

Russia’s Putin congratulates Biden on winning U.S. election

Alternative imaginary headline quoat™ for today: "Putin, Xi exchange congratulations at semi-successful f**king with the USA."

Active and adversarial cyber-spy powers have probably been testing for vulnerabilities weekly since the 12th of never, to my mind.  America is a world-striding colossus in the same thing in reverse (cue mysterious failures at the Iranian centrifuges). With the 👁👁👁👁👁, Active Measures R Us.

What I want to know is who speaks for America on this file right now. At some point I have to drag metaphors out from old movies. This is where I imagine The Thing mated with The Blob, and gave us Them.

An 'adversary' in the world of cyber-espionage is someone you compete with at the equivalent of Highland Games. In other words, it's a contest of strength. To assess and weaken the other guy's strength. To exploit all weaknesses.

So, who is up to explaining gravely from the podium 'What This Means'?

First up, the White House.

2020-12-17%2013_15_28-Press%20Briefing%20by%20Press%20Secretary%20Kayleigh%20McEnany%20_%2012_15_2020,%20%2341%20_%20The%20White.png

Here is a doorway to a raging pit of fire and rage and stupid, the hellscape of Mainstream Media. Luckily, here at OL we have access to heavenly realms as well. But if you are interested in what the maniacs of the other side, the Enemies of the People, just now happen to be clamouring about ...

2020-12-17%2013_17_57-russian%20hack%20-%20Google%20Search%20and%2049%20more%20pages%20-%20Personal%20-%20Microsoft%E2%80%8B%20Edge.png

"bErSeRk BeAr"!

Maybe we will hear from the Walking Dead Usurper and his Big Money Commala first. I expect President Trump will be prudent in his remarks, and save them for when he has a full brief. It could be that the extent of the intrusions is not known with enumerated precision, nor the actual damages if any have been fully assessed. 

I imagine the dirty spooks of deeper deeps in the alphabet soup 'security and intelligence' agencies are venting out their blowholes in a fiesta of "sources said." But I haven't gone into the hellscape yet.  If I could answer this question: "What is one broadly credible source for reporting on the cyber-hackerama?" ...

If you have your finger on the pulse of reliable information, please weigh in with recommendations.

Edited by william.scherk
Grammmmmmar

"bErSeRk BeAr"!

1 hour ago, william.scherk said:

Maybe we will hear from the Walking Dead Usurper and his Big Money Commala first. I expect President Trump will be prudent in his remarks, and save them for when he has a full brief. It could be that the extent of the intrusions is not known with enumerated precision, nor the actual damages if any have been fully assessed. 

Walking Dead Usurper spoke, Usurper-in-Waiting did not. Via Axios.

President-elect Biden on Thursday said that a suspected Russian cyberattack on multiple government agencies and U.S. companies "is a matter of great concern" and promised to impose "substantial costs" to those responsible for the attack.

Driving the news: Biden's statement came just hours after the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency alerted that evidence suggested that additional malware was used in what it described as “a grave risk to the Federal Government and state, local, tribal, and territorial governments as well as critical infrastructure entities and other private sector organizations.”

[...]

What they're saying: "I have instructed my team to learn as much as we can about this breach, and Vice President-elect Harris and I are grateful to the career public servants who have briefed our team on their findings and who are working around-the-clock to respond to this attack," Biden said on Thursday.

• "A good defense isn’t enough; we need to disrupt and deter our adversaries from undertaking significant cyberattacks in the first place."
  • "We will do that by, among other things, imposing substantial costs on those responsible for such malicious attacks, including in coordination with our allies and partners. Our adversaries should know that, as president, I will not stand idly by in the face of cyber assaults on our nation."

The big picture: President Trump has been largely silent about the attack, though the White House has held emergency meetings with officials across multiple agencies to address the breach, according to Bloomberg.

Slow news day on Earth Two. I've highlighted the 'non-enemy' stories turned up by  Memeorandom's snapshot of the Hellscape at the moment:

TOP ITEMS: 
Politico:
Nuclear weapons agency breached amid massive cyber onslaught  —  The Energy Department and National Nuclear Security Administration, which maintains the U.S. nuclear weapons stockpile, have evidence that hackers accessed their networks as part of an extensive espionage operation that has affected …
Discussion:

Jim Hoft / The Gateway Pundit:   Hackers Breached US Nuclear Security Administration which Maintains US Nuclear Stockpile

WND / NOQ Report:   Report: Hackers breached U.S. nuclear security system

Douglas Braff / Sara A. Carter:   Nuclear weapons agency hacked amid barrage of cyber attacks on U.S. government: report

Chris Pandolfo / TheBlaze:   Report: U.S. agencies responsible for nuclear arsenal targeted in SolarWinds cyberattack

Audrey Conklin / Fox News:   Former Trump adviser points finger at Russia for ‘brazen’ SolarWinds hack, calls for response

RELATED:
i71.jpgJonathan V. Last / The Triad:
Where Is the President of the United States?  —  Donald Trump is AWOL.  And his disgrace is hiding in plain sight.  —  Before we start: Tonight we're doing a livestream that I'm hoping will go down in legend as The Bulwark version of the Star Wars Holiday Special.  The first 12 minutes will be entirely in Wookie.
Discussion:

Phil Shiver / TheBlaze:   Former Trump adviser: Russia could have ‘access’ to hacked gov't networks for years with power to ‘destroy or alter data’

us-cert.cisa.gov:
Alert (AA20-352A)  —  Advanced Persistent Threat Compromise of Government Agencies, Critical Infrastructure, and Private Sector Organizations  —  Summary  —  The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) is aware of compromises of U.S. government agencies …
Discussion:

Jim Hoft / The Gateway Pundit:   FBI, CISA and Office of DNI Release Statement — Are Pursuing Significant Cybersecurity Incident with SolarWinds Orion Products

i147.jpgJoseph Menn / Reuters:
Exclusive-Suspected Russian hacking spree reached into Microsoft -sources  —  SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) -Microsoft was breached in the massive hacking campaign disclosed by U.S. officials this week, according to people familiar with the matter, adding a top technology target to a growing list of vital government agencies.
i152.jpgWall Street Journal:
Hack Suggests New Scope, Sophistication for Cyberattacks  —  The suspected Russian hack involving SolarWinds software that compromised parts of the U.S. government was executed on a scale that has surprised even veteran security experts  —  The suspected Russian hack that compromised parts …

Rumors don't just fly around the fake news media.

There's another rumor that the US military used the SolarWinds vulnerability (the cause of the breaches currently entertaining the fake news media) to spy on the Internet traffic from Dominion voting machines.

At any rate, here are a few other opinions.

and

and

I like these opinions better than "muh Russians," which I am beginning to have second thoughts about. Although I do not discount the Russians being involved.

Michael

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Slow news day on Earth Two.

I tuned in to Steve Bannon and Peter Navarro (who put out the Navarro Report) on the War Room Epidemic site. I also got the full Michael Flynn appearance from Newsmax, plus a couple others -- Kayleigh McEnany on Fox News and Dick Morris on NewsMax. I'll bang those up as I get them cut.

Had to quickly relearn how to embed a longer video in a tweet. Here's the result: a slightly sped-up version of the first of two segments.

This set of remarks has been appeared (without credit) in a variety of places. Here taken from Rense.com, it is attributed to Jenna Ellis. I haven't yet scoured her Twitter timeline for a reference to or video of her presenting similar notions. 

In any case, there is something hinky about this much-repeated set of claims. It might be a good time to 'crowd-source' some fact-checking. 

Which part of the process described below strikes readers as quite wrong?

JennaEllis-JointHouseSenate.png

24 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

This set of remarks has been appeared (without credit) in a variety of places. Here taken from Rense.com, it is attributed to Jenna Ellis. I haven't yet scoured her Twitter timeline for a reference to or video of her presenting similar notions. 

In any case, there is something hinky about this much-repeated set of claims. It might be a good time to 'crowd-source' some fact-checking. 

Which part of the process described below strikes readers as quite wrong?

JennaEllis-JointHouseSenate.png

Using hinky and Jenna Ellis in the same sentence has to be an oxymoron.

God bless my President, Donald JohnGalt Trump