Donald Trump

Michael asked, How do you like your crow?

It must be deserved, and served with a side of chagrin.

A Fox news commentator was just saying Trump nailed the debates but lost points after the debate. I agree, but our opinions are not polls. Trump is favoring other networks which may be a good choice because most of his current supporters probably watch Fox and if he is looking for new supporters then CNN and MSNBC are the place to go. I am not the only one, but we still cant stop talking about The Terminator. However, I wont watch those channels to get a glimpse of him.

If Trump does discuss policy in a substantive way I am sure it will be mentioned here. Mr. Trump what is your view of our NATO allies? What will you specifically do to jump start the economy? Will you get rid of regulations? What will you do that affects our trading partners like China? Would you favor a stricter interpretation of The Constitution as regards Presidential power? Who would you like to see in your cabinet and who do you look favorably upon from the cabinets of past administrations?

Now a more relevant forecast is Donald Trump ever going to eat crow? A third party run would be futile but it would punish America.

btw - Here comes the gotcha:

:smile:

Trump on blood remark: no apology necessary, 'I cherish women'
By Doina Chiacu and Megan Cassella
Reuters
Aug 9, 2015

From the article:

"I've had such an amazing relationship with women in business. They are amazing executives. They are killers. They are phenomenal," Trump said on ABC's "This Week".

Asked if he thought he had gone too far, Trump said, "No, not at all."

Trump told CNN he had "great relationships" with women and had hired thousands, including many top-level employees, adding, "I cherish women."

This article also got something else right, the media-manipulation pattern:

It has been a recurring pattern in the campaign: Trump makes an offensive comment, incurs a firestorm of reaction and critics sound the death knell for his campaign.

So far, he has survived the backlash...

They got the second part of this wrong, though. Trump has not merely survived a backlash. His support has grown.

Until the people in the media stop pontificating based on what they think reality should be, and actually look at what is happening, they will keep repeating this same pattern of sounding Trump's death knell, then saying Trump "survived the backlash," implying tomorrow he will fail.

Round and round and round she goes...

The people who support Trump will not go away so long as he will not go away. And that base of supporters is growing.

Getting back to the gotcha, the message of Trump's gotcha is not aimed at the pundits and politicians who blasted him. And it's not aimed at rehabilitating any image with the mainstream media.

On the contrary, Trump is using the media like a puppetmaster.

The message behind Trump's gotcha is aimed at the family members and friends of those who support him. It gives his supporters the chance to say to their peeps, "Look at those elite morons who are attacking Trump. Boy do they have dirty minds." Or "Boy are they petty." It's working, too. Some of these peeps then start supporting Trump. That's just one way his support is growing.

Now look at Trump's gotcha language. Think from a strictly female perspective. He is using words like amazing, killer executives and phenomenal. He's talking about his own employees.

And don't forget he heart:

"Cherish is a word that I use to descri-hiiibe..."

Michael

...Trump will be hooted off the national stage. What will it take before Trump is disgraced? I was just watching that Operation Game commercial on Fox - the fearful eyes on the character being operated on? Whoa. (the Doctors are on next.) Imagine Trump as your dentist!

Imagine you making some kind of contextual connections.

Trump and dentist...irrelevant no warrant to your argument.

The following is an incredibly ill informed opinion of a Presidential candidate...thank you - wasn't Romney enough for you?

I think he needs a high profile campaign who he will listen to. Is Newt Gingrich up to it? He writes some great speeches. What will be Trump's Contract With America be?

Holy crap.

I have never seen Drudge post a playable video in his main headline. He just did:

08.09.2015-12.46.png

I posted this video earlier in this thread. I'll do it again here just so people won't have to bounce all over the place with links:

Dayaamm!

This is major image media-manipulation when it comes out on Drudge like that.

Talk about reinforcing the gotcha message!

Michael

The yahoos who would not vote for Romney got four more years of ever encroaching dictatorship.

Chiacu and Cassella said but it could have been Cheech and Chong:

"I've had such an amazing relationship with women in business. They are amazing executives. They are killers. They are phenomenal," Trump said on ABC's "This Week".

Asked if he thought he had gone too far, Trump said, "No, not at all."

Trump told CNN he had "great relationships" with women and had hired thousands, including many top-level employees, adding, "I cherish women."

End quotes

Welllll, Pilgrim, I am waiting for the next poll that shows Trumps support in general and with woman voters. His smarmy I cherish women, is true in some sense I am sure, but not in the sense of woman being equals. Of course Trump thinks no one is his equal, but I do not see MUCH IF ANY sense of his respecting women.

If Trump is simply a spoiler he is doing a good job of it. He neednt run as a third party candidate. Do ratings translate into voters?

As an aside, I was watching old Hart To Hart 1983 shows with Robert Wagner on Hallmark yesterday and Trumps hair look familiar on Wagner. In the two shows I watched, the female lead (Stephanie Powers?) was nearly killed by evil males twice. Once she had to land a piper cub with no experience and in the next one she was in a Soap opera and then writing for it and was chased on the closed set by a deranged actor who was being written out of the show. Ah, Hallmark and Life Time the Trump positive networks.

I have not read his book and will not be reading this one. However, if anyone has it, does it line out any specific plans/programs.

http://www.amazon.com/Time-Get-Tough-Making-America/dp/1621574954

This is from his Wiki and I know that this is true.

New York City had a plan to build the Javits Convention Center on property for which Trump held a right-to-buy option. Trump estimated his company could have completed the project for $110 million[37] but the city rejected his offer and Trump received a broker's fee on the sale of the property instead. Repairs on The Wollman Rink in Central Park (built in 1955) were started in 1980 with an expected 2½-year construction schedule but was nowhere near completion by 1986. Trump took over the management of the project, at no cost to the city, and completed it in three months for $1.95 million, which was $750,000 less than the initial budget.[38]

His interim appointment of his GAO head would be sworn in by Trump and they would both declare that every current approved capital project in the federal pipeline's fiscal budget assignment phase would be frozen and the first six (6) months projects will be reduced by 50% pending review.

Many of them will be given a choice, to re offer their bid in light of a change in philosophy in the Executive branch. There would be new time incentive clauses and new severe penalty clauses.

That will be the start of conceptually redesigning how we budget.

Here is a question for Megan Kelly to ask all the candidates including Evita.

Will you issue an Executive Order ending base line budgeting pending Congresses taking up legislation to re-organize and simplify the structure of the Executive branch's Cabinet positions, Agencies and Department, Boards, Panel and other anti-growth elements of the Executive Administrative Branch of our government.

It is time to get lean and mean America...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

Here's ten video minutes with Megyn Kelly, interviewed by Howard Kurtz -- explaining her role on the moderator team at the first GOP debate. She seems bright, thoughtful, professional, a newswoman who did the job she set out to do: challenge the candidates on their perceived weaknesses. "We have to hit them as hard as we can."

I am not convinced by Trumpisms suggesting she is not nice, not fair, untalented, or a 'lightweight.' She is asked how it feels to be beat up a little. She responds, "I can handle it. I'm a big girl."

The kerfuffle will pass. The metaphoric bloody angry eyes will be superseded by other tropes. Political aspirants generally understand that the press and media are not supposed to be their friends. To complain about tough questions as 'attacks' of 'not nice-ism' seems a little whiny or peevish.

Megyn Kelly's game plan | Aug. 09, 2015 - 9:36 - Debate anchor expected blowback

Edited by william.scherk

The kerfuffle will pass. The metaphoric bloody angry eyes will be superseded by other tropes.

William,

I agree this will end in a friendly manner.

The thing is, what will be the result?

In my view, it will be increased ratings for Fox--at least so long as the feud lasts.

And increased support for Trump, which he will probably keep after the feud.

Both sides win. That's how the game is played.

What's more, I believe both sides know it and are enjoying themselves immensely.

But for now, for We the Audience, there's a show to run. The story just started. Get the popcorn because we have only passed the inciting incident.

Michael

First results:

New NBC News/Survey Monkey Poll: Donald Trump Still in the Lead After Debates
by Shawna Thomas and John Lapinski

Aug 9 2015

NBC News

If Donald Trump's comments about Fox News Anchor Megyn Kelly are hurting his standing in the Republican primary, it's not showing in the numbers.

According to the latest NBC News Online Poll conducted by SurveyMonkey, Trump is at the top of the list of GOP candidates that Republican primary voters would cast a ballot for if the primary were being held right now.

The overnight poll was conducted for 24 hours from Friday evening into Saturday. During that period, Donald Trump stayed in the headlines due to his negative comments about Kelly and was dis-invited from a major conservative gathering in Atlanta.

None of that stopped Trump from coming in at the top of the poll with 23 percent. Sen. Ted Cruz was next on the list with 13 percent.

08.09.2015-17.01.png

There's a Trump interview video at the linked article and Chuck Todd is damn funny in it--squirming but trying to show he's in control. It's quite a spectacle. Todd is totally exasperated and helpless because he is forced to bite his tongue right when he starts attacking.

Trump just will not bow down to the media Hadith--their politically correct Sharia. Trump is playing Todd and punking him off and he knows it. But Trump means ratings, Todd's orders come down from on high, so he has to swallow it in real time.

Michael

Questions:

Is it only bad when Trump or other men call a woman a pig or a slob, or is it just as bad when anyone -- man or woman -- calls anyone else such names? Is it just as vicious of a sexist attack on all men when Democrat women call Chris Christie a fat slob?

How far is Megyn Kelly willing to go to stand up for her sisters who have been discriminated against due to their mere unpleasant physical appearance? Is she willing to honestly investigate how much of her own career success might be due to her good looks, and therefore to her receiving and taking advantage of unfair opportunities that better qualified but not as good-looking women or men haven't been given? Is she willing to surrender her position if the accident of her having been born beautiful gave her an unjust advantage over her more qualified sisters?

Is name-calling really something that Kelly considers to be of vital national importance? Are there not bigger issues and in greater detail that should have been her priority? She appears to be claiming to speak for all women and their concerns. Really? The women whom I know personally in my life are not so stupid and shallow as to base their candidate choices for something as important as the presidency on whether or not the candidates have ever called anyone any names.

In the name of consistency and fairness, will Kelly now investigate which names all of the other candidates from all parties have called people? After all, if Trump's indulging in name calling in the past is something to be judged as unpresidential, and as being so vitally important of an issue that the expectation is that it might or should disqualify him, then I would think that it would be an issue of justice for her to apply the same standards to all of the candidates. Shouldn't she seek out the victims of the candidates' verbal attacks, and bring as much attention to them as she has to Trump's?

Rush Limbaugh alone has been called much worse names than "pig" or "slob" by people who are not only running for office, but who already hold positions in government. My state's senator, Al Franken, being one of them. Is Kelly upset about that? Are these name-callers also unworthy of holding their government positions? Or is Kelly only concerned with Trump, and only when he has a negative appraisal of a woman?

Has Kelly herself never called anyone a bad name? If she has, should she be fired because someone in her position should not have ever during her lifetime called anyone a bad name?

If the idea is to get higher ratings by coarsening the culture and degrading the quality of the content of political debates by appealing to stupid, uniformed people by giving them a pretty face who stirs up low-grade entertainment drama, why not cut to the chase and hire one of the Kardashians to do Kelly's job?

J

Kelly didn't work so they'll try something else. One good thing is they're spending all their ammo on Trump. They won't be able to keep the shit pumping for another 15 months without covering themselves with it.

--Brant

they're still in the showers from the first attempt

J:

How far is Megyn Kelly willing to go to stand up for her sisters who have been discriminated against due to their mere unpleasant physical appearance?

Not far at all.

Is name-calling really something that Kelly considers to be of vital national importance? Are there not bigger issues and in greater detail that should have been her priority? She appears to be claiming to speak for all women and their concerns. Really?

Not the ones that I know either J. Not even conservative christian women who are professionals that I know like her and her act.

In the name of consistency and fairness, will Kelly now investigate which names all of the other candidates from all parties have called people?

No, that would mean she was an ethical journalist.

If the idea is to get higher ratings by coarsening the culture and degrading the quality of the content of political debates by appealing to stupid, uniformed people by giving them a pretty face who stirs up low-grade entertainment drama, why not cut to the chase and hire one of the Kardashians to do Kelly's job?

Very nice J.

A...

Megyn has had a few "let it hang out" moments of her own, like her photo-shoot by Alexei Hay for the Dec. 2010 issue of GQ. Also see here.

08.09.2015-18.40.png

and...

08.09.2015-18.43.png

I'm sure Jonathan can come up with a few more interesting questions for these pictures and their relationship to professional journalism standards, seeing as they are from 2010 and all...

:)

Michael

Wanna see why the media keeps getting it wrong about Trump?

WHOA! This Map Proves Just How Much America LOVES Donald TRUMP (Must See)
By TPIWriter
The Political Insider
Aug 9, 2015

From the article:

Google Trends just released this map, which gives us the clearest picture yet of just how popular Trump is. We can now see an interactive county-by-county map of searches for Republican candidates, and it’s clear that Trump leaves his competition in the dust!

With rare exceptions, Trump is dominating searches in every state – from Alaska to Florida. Look (below) as the color red shows where he is leading search results.

Trump is clearly a force that no one can reckon with. Interestingly, the Trump “red” map looks a lot like where the Republican congressional districts are in the U.S. House of Representatives. This is extraordinary!

I decided to go to Google Trends myself and look. I took my own screenshot since TPI cut off Alaska in the screenshot in its story. (The lilac on top of Alaska is for the 7 people--who are also Rand Paul fans--who live in that much snow. :) )

08.09.2015-18.55.png

That's what winning looks like.

Not pundit opinion.

Not media manipulation.

Not backroom deals.

Winning.

Michael

It's an interesting poll. As I understand it, the folks who participate in Survey Monkey opinion sampling (for a variety of questions) are contacted by the pollsters. This large pool is apparently in the millions. So that pool of respondents is then carefully sampled and individuals chosen to fit demographic reality -- with numbers in this case that are greater than the usual bare minimums of +/- 1000 (there is a note that it is a non-probability survey, but that detail is probably only for compleat polling wonks; and I may have got some details wrong. It just seems like a fair and thorough methodology, and far better than self-selected non-scientific polls as noted up-thread).

Anyhow, here's a link to the fuller explanation of the questions asked and totals rendered and reported. It may intrigue the poll-watchers among us To my eyes there is good news for some candidates -- notably Carly Fiorina, who increased her share of likely voters overnight, and who also was judged to have won over-all in the happy-hour and big-kids debates. There is also teeth-gritting bad news for those candidates who made no movement or who fell back in voters' estimations. Emphasis added.

Post-Debate Overnight Poll FindsTrump Still Leading Pack;

Carly Fiorina Winner of Debates

Following Thursday’s Republican debates, an overnight poll shows Donald Trump maintaining his edge over the crowded field of Republican candidates. The survey also finds a majority of Trump supporters say they would vote for him as an independent candidate for president, in the event he does not win the Republican nomination. The NBC News online poll conducted by Survey Monkey over Friday night and into Saturday showed possible movement among the candidates following the debates, as well as Republican primary voters declaring Carly Fiorina the overall debate winner.

If I were Fiorina, I would be cheered and encouraged after having had a gander at the reported findings. From an almost negligible position, she has moved up among the big kids. If I were a partisan for her, I would be chuffed (and then I would sigh at the road ahead) ... I will not be surprised if she is at a big kid podium at the Reagan Library next month.

Here also is one of the tables from the poll -- without getting all technical, it notes the positives and negatives. See the link above for further interpretation from the monkey wonks:

nbc_Debate_Table.png

William,

My favorite comment on the NBC poll came from Chuck Todd, but from a different article:

Online poll: Trump retains top spot following debate
By Mark Hensch
August 09, 2015
The Hill

From the article:

The NBC News/Surveymonkey.com online sampling released on Sunday found Trump atop the GOP field with 23 percent support, 10 points more than his nearest competitor.

The poll immediately drew criticism for its methodology, forcing ”Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd on the defensive.

“This is an online panel,” Todd tweeted. “This is not like a public survey monkey poll. Same company, but scientifically done.”

“[We have] been testing [an] online panel with them for nearly two years,” he said of NBC News’s coloration with Surveymonkey.com. “Not done for expediency.”

“Trust me, I have been skeptical,” added Todd. “This has been rigorously vetted.”

You can almost see Chuck Todd swallowing bile as he has to say this.

And, yes, I fully trust Chuck Todd to be skeptical of anything good about Donald Trump. And dishonest if he can get away with it.

My favorite moments are like this one, where he can't get away with it.

Michael

Michael, I think Chuck Todd is mostly right on this issue of relative reliability, after I had a dig down into this particular poll's methodology -- and the nature of its sampling. I think some critics may have dismissed Survey Monkey as tainted in some way, because its internet-based pool of respondents is in itself not a 'scientific sampling'. But when you examine the details, their selected respondents match up very well with the best standards for 'mirroring' demographic reality. I could be wrong on that ...

-- in the back of my mind, I noted a kind of empathetic buzz for Mike E at the positive Fiorina numbers. She did very well, not only with the pundit/hack/spin-meister class of opinionaters, but apparently also did well among the Republican voters all told.

Of course, the aggregate poll-sampling that will help select the next Big Kids for September's debate extends back in time from this positive development for Fiorina. I imagine some Republicans will be chagrined if she moves up in polls going forward in time, but the average of her polling doesn't allow her to make the cut.

PS -- Michael, have a look at the NBC/Survey Monkey sounding's greatest Twitter foe.

Edited by william.scherk

Here's exactly how I see the political elite's reaction to Trump. This clip is from one of the funniest movies ever made: "What About Bob?"

For those who have never seen it, Bob (Bill Murray) is an obsessive-compulsive therapy patient with a need to constantly inject himself where he doesn't belong and get in front of someone else's audience. He's nice enough, but maddeningly invasive. Bob latches on to a vain superficial hoity-toity therapist (Richard Dreyfuss) who tries at all costs to get away from him and become a big frog in a little pond among his small professional and personal environment. The only problem is Bob, pretty much in slob mode all the time, keeps showing up and telling everyone how great the therapist is. He steals the spotlight at every occasion. And Bob, to the therapist's increasing horror, gradually wins over everyone important in the therapist's life, including his family. This film is a massive hoot.

Bill Murray's character corresponds to Trump. (Not a great fit, but positive, like Trump's "great America" message.)

The family corresponds to the American people.

Richard Dreyfuss's character corresponds to Rick Perry, Jeb Bush, Lindsay Graham, Erick Erickson, Karl Rove, Frank Luntz, George Will, Charles Krauthammer, and too many journalists and media celebrities to mention.

Every time one of them sounds off, I see Richard Dreyfuss in my mind and think that's what they are really feeling.

Dreyfuss also had another great line I couldn't find a clip for. Someone asked him (his character) why he detested Bob so much and, in the most sanctimonious controlled rage, he said slowly: "Because he's always THERE!"

Michael

A couple of Trump quotes from The Art of the Deal:

I don't do it for the money. I've got enough, much more than I'll ever need. I do it to do it. Deals are my art form. Other people paint beautifully on canvas or write wonderful poetry. I like making deals, preferably big deals. That's how I get my kicks.

And this one for the haters.

One of the problems when you become successful is that jealousy and envy inevitably follow. There are people--I categorize them as life's losers--who get their sense of accomplishment and achievement from trying to stop others. As far as I'm concerned, if they had any real ability they wouldn't be fighting me, they'd be doing something constructive themselves.

You can't con people, at least not for long. You can create excitement, you can do wonderful promotion and get all kinds of press, and you can throw in a little hyperbole. But if you don't deliver the goods, people will eventually catch on.

I don't know about others, but these sound quite Randian to me. Not in philosophical exactness, but in what Rand would call sense of life.

Michael

I think Trump is single-handedly taking apart our culture's Alinsky-ist class warfare model for promoting women's rights. I believe this is due to a dichotomy he is injecting into the culture despite the howls and screams of the elite gatekeepers of the mainstream media.

These idiots and power mongers want to play it safe with their nit-picked dichotomies like class victims versus the oppressor class, conservatives versus liberals, Democrats versus Republicans, rich versus poor, and so on. But Trump's dichotomy is something they drop like a hot skillet on a bare hand.

Trump's dichotomy Those Who Produce versus Those Who Only Talk.

Rand, in her manner, hammered that same dichotomy, too, even though she went deeper into philosophical speculation about the motives of Those Who Only Talk (citing altruism, collectivism, second-hander-ness, envy, a swamp of a soul and so on :smile: ).

As many of you know, I have been studying covert persuasion for a long time. What you may not know is that I have been feeling increasing despair about it. All I have seen is that covert persuasion is the only way to make a major change in the culture in the short term--this is the only way the game is played in the mainstream. Frankly, it is delightful to see all the verbal dirty tricks by propagandists and media manipulators blown to rubble by Trump's dichotomy.

Do versus Talk.

That is so beautiful as a cultural lens...

Except "do" for Trump means "produce." As opposed to plunder and rape and so on (those are forms of doing, too).

For those who don't put much stock in the popularity of Trump as an indication of anything other than the stupidity of the American voter, look how this dichotomy is starting to come out in the culture. Here's an article on The Donald versus Megyn by Andrea Peyser:

Trump’s haters need to man up and deal
by Andrea Peyser
The New York Post
August 9, 2015

From the article:

The billionaire real estate developer was swiftboated Thursday night. He was effectively tried and convicted of displaying grotesque sexism by Megyn Kelly, co-moderator of the first prime-time debate for the 2016 GOP presidential candidates.

“You've called women you don’t like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals,” Kelly charged. Trump tried to laugh off the onslaught by interjecting, “Only Rosie O'Donnell,” but Kelly was relentless.

. . .

When judging Trump, I would suggest we all man up. Look at his record of hiring, and firing, females. I’ve not heard of him called out for underpaying, overworking, failing to promote or laying hands on women in his employ.

There it is. Trump's dichotomy: Those Who Produce versus Those Who Only Talk.

Oh, Peyser also wrote about Megyn Kelly's gotcha attitude, Trump's zinger about her bleeding, Trump's later claim that he didn't complete his thought by saying "nose" or "ears," and that those who were thinking about menstruation were deviant, and so on. Here is her opinion of that:

Ears, nose or wherever — are women so in need of male protection that we can’t take a remark that may (or may not) rip into our delicate sensibilities?

Please.

Did you see the magic word in that quote? The word is "remark." As in "talk." This is on the Those Who Only Talk side of Trump's dichotomy.

But, thinking about the other half of Trump's dichotomy, Those Who Produce, Peyser basically told the Social Justice Warriors defending women, that is Those Who Only Talk, to shut up:

Don't worry about women. We can take anything Trump dishes out.

I don't know much about Peyser except what I read in Wikipedia just now. I do know this: she recognizes the difference between producing and only talking.

On that score, she and I are kindred spirits.

I can almost see her chanting the nursery rhyme: Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me. With Trump, that finally means something again in our culture...

Michael

Its joke time. Michael wrote: I think Trump is single-handedly taking apart our culture's Alinsky-ist class warfare model for promoting women's rights. I believe this is due to a dichotomy he is injecting into the culture despite the howls and screams of the elite gatekeepers of the mainstream media. end quote

And Michael said about Megan Kelley: I can almost see her chanting the nursery rhyme: Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me. With Trump, that finally means something in our culture... end quote

As Megan Kelley said, "I do not howl and scream. Well, not too often." And then she told a joke. Trump went to the sheriff's department to report that his wife was missing Trump: My wife is missing. She went shopping yesterday and has not come home...

Sergeant: What is her height?

Trump: Gee, I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.

Sergeant: Weight?

Trump: Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.

Sergeant: Color of eyes?

Trump: Sort of brown I think. Never really noticed.

Sergeant: Color of hair?

Trump: Changes a couple times a year. Maybe dark brown now. I cant remember.

Sergeant: What was she wearing?

Trump: Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.

Sergeant: What kind of car did she go in?

Trump: She went in my truck.

Sergeant: What kind of truck was it?

Trump: A 2015 Ford F150 King Ranch 4X4 with Eco-boost 5.0L V8 engine special ordered with manual transmission and climate controlled air conditioning. It has a custom matching white cover for the bed, which has a matching aftermarket bed liner. Custom leather 6-way seats and "Bubba" floor mats. Trailering package with gold hitch and special wiring hook-ups. DVD with full GPS navigation, satellite radio receiver, 23-channel CB radio, six cup holders, a USB port, and four power outlets. I added special alloy wheels and off-road Michelins. It has custom running boards and indirect wheel well lighting. At this point the Trumpster started choking up.

Sergeant: Don't worry buddy. We'll find your truck.

And Michael said about Megan Kelley: I can almost see her chanting the nursery rhyme: Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me. With Trump, that finally means something in our culture... end quote

Peter,

Er... I said that about Andrea Peyser, the author of the article.

btw - Your Trump joke was a hoot. I'm still chuckling.

Michael