Donald Trump

And now a word from our sponsor.

and 

Trump is not our real sponsor, but you know what I mean.

:smile:

Michael

Michael quoted Rupert Murdock congratulating the three moderators of the debate. I would agree with Rupert. It was a magnificent debate!

Just think back to all the old debates moderated by a communist / progressive / liberal. They were extremely biased, even when that Sunday press guy on CBS (who just retired) was the moderator. Bob Shiftier? This was not like that. Those were very relevant questions and my only concession would be that Trump got more tough questions but he was the front runner, and he spouts off like Don Corleone. Once again I must mention that Trump's biggest fault is not trash talking to ONE person. Oh, no. He needs to offend a whole group of people and that is not sensible. And no, I am very much in favor of saying what the hell you mean and not worrying about the PC police but Trump needs to sound Presidential not like Arnold the Terminator.

There is one immutable fact, as Trump stated to that economic eunoch Wallace, without me bringing the issue of illegal immigration to the public, you wouldn't be talking about it Chris...

Right Adam.

Trump has the money needed & the brain to get it done right.

His major obstacle, I believe, will be getting air time from the Left & Right wing media outlets who reach a significant amount of the voting public.

-J

P.S. Your Yanks doing well. I remember the book here had them at 22-1 just before the start of the season to go all the way.

Believe me we are just as surprised as everyone. We always expect being in contention.

However, everything is clicking and Alex has allowed me to change my mind about him. He is a different man.

Marc thinks Toronto is going to pass the Yanks in September which would make us one of the wildcard teams so anything is possible.

Toronto just took their second in a row, making Tanaka's game tomorrow an early pivotal game that we need to win.

They would then have cut only one game in the loss column which would be acceptable,

A sweep would be a serious oops by NY.

And my Mets are in first, all is in perfect karmic balance lol. meditate-smiley-emoticon.gif

A...

Right Adam.

His major obstacle, I believe, will be getting air time from the Left & Right wing media outlets who reach a significant amount of the voting public.

-J

P.S. Your Yanks doing well. I remember the book here had them at 22-1 just before the start of the season to go all the way.

Believe me we are just as surprised as everyone. We always expect being in contention.

However, everything is clicking and Alex has allowed me to change my mind about him. He is a different man.

Marc thinks Toronto is going to pass the Yanks in September which would make us one of the wildcard teams so anything is possible.

Toronto just took their second in a row, making Tanaka's game tomorrow an early pivotal game that we need to win.

They would then have cut only one game in the loss column which would be acceptable,

A sweep would be a serious oops by NY.

And my Mets are in first, all is in perfect karmic balance lol. meditate-smiley-emoticon.gif

A...

I don't rule out my Angels for a wild card spot.

All their cylinders need to be operating though...not just Trout...Christ, he is the Angels.

Joe,

I don't want to sound like a sycophant, but I've been studying Trump's behavior ever since he started this presidential run.

Your comment would be spot on if we were talking about a person who needs the media. I mean that in a priority sense of the person needing the media more than the media needs the person. In other words, a person who cannot get exposure and goes hat in hand to media outlets begging for a bit of airtime so he can become news.

Trump is different. He either studied persuasion or has an innate talent to be a celebrity or both. (I suspect both.) Regardless, in his case the media needs him much more than he needs them. He does not need to go to any media so they can graciously let him become news. He already is news. He knows how to become news. And he knows how to do it over and over and over.

If one media outlet does not report on him when his news happens (generally a shitstorm :smile: ), another will.

Guess who will get the ratings?

And guess which advertisers pay for? Ratings or political persuasion?

Trump may have other problems if he goes third party, but media coverage will not be one of them.

Michael

Michael,

You don't sound like a sycophant to me but your wife may be a better judge. lol

I agree he doesn't need the media. Just saying if the tv stations invite him on to speak it will help, since they reach so many. The more the merrier.

A new Rosie & Donald interview would be worth a watch. A pay per view extravaganza! The pig vs. the hair.

-Joe

It looks like Donald Trump and campaign manager Roger Stone are no more. (See here.)

Stone likes his dirt behind the scenes, in dirty tricks and ambushes. (And, boy, is he a master!)

He doesn't fare well with Trump's in-your-face counterpunching.

Stone's gig is in the shadows. Trump's is in broad daylight.

Too much light for Stone.

The Donald said he's cleaning house. No more publicity seekers. And he's ramping up his campaign structure. He told the GOP he's got a lot of money. He's not getting out. And he's going to win.

Michael

Fascinating how they just repeat the falsehood...

Three weeks ago, he prompted establishment outrage by belittling the Vietnam war service of Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), only to prove, by climbing higher in the polls, that the laws of political gravity did not apply to him.

Which of course, Trump did not belittle the Vietnam war service of McCain.

Almost no one has praised his Senatorial service since he completely sold out after 2000.

Remember McCain-Feingold.

A...

Adam wrote: Which of course, Trump did not belittle the Vietnam war service of McCain. end quote

I thought it was offensive if you don’t know the barroom brawl already going on between McCain and Trump. Hick. John, have another beer ‘cause he didn’t mean it. Well eff him! I know, John. Yawn, so come on. He says he’s sorry. Let’s go home then.

If someone says something about Trump in a manner he does not like he will respond in such a demeaning way that they will be his enemy for life. Frequently, he alienates women who have had some success in life. His lashes out angrily in the manner of a man who is reacting to a women he has known intimately and still cares about. It is if he has been betrayed.

And now, his campaign manager is out. I think it is time he goes the professional politician route, but his refreshing bombast should remain right up front.
Peter

Names please...

Frequently, he alienates women who have had some success in life. His lashes out angrily in the manner of a man who is reacting to a women he has known intimately and still cares about. It is if he has been betrayed.

Frequently?

Twice a week?

A...

I've been wondering this morning, drinking my black (oops!?) coffee, looking at my black (oops!?) cat in the window, about Trump's ideas. Maybe we (oops!--sorry Greg) should start a thread devoted to them. So I tried. But every time I tried to make the first post this damn OL software kept telling me my post was empty.

--Brant

Michael: please put in a ticket

Adam asked: Frequently? Twice a week? End quote

At Trump’s age I don’t know. Everybody’s different. Trump may be taking Viagara.

Check out the article I quoted on the Carly site. I think it was referenced from the Real Clear Politics site. It had quotes about women going back to 1991. I get Trump’s anti PC stance. I get the marketing aspect. I get the frequent, free press. I get the idea of having an unwavering core group of supporters.

What I don’t get is tweet wars. He can offend John Stewart and Rosie and their ilk, but I don’t get it when a politician alienates POTENTIAL voters and supporters. Imagine the founding fathers writing the Declaration of Independence using their tweet accounts. New and technically hip isn’t always better when you are trying to build momentum in a presidential race.

I have four hummingbird feeders, yet the little Jedi Knights are constantly buzzing and fighting each other. Minor acts of cooperation and good sense would ensure the greater chances of survival of the various species of Republican, conservative, and libertarian. But if you are in the bigger group but not necessarily in the Trump camp it is hard not to break Reagan’s commandment to save your ammo for the Democrats.

Adam what would you do if Trump attacked Christie and at the same time the Republican, voting members of the great state of New Jersey? Are you ready for that?

Trump is merely being himself using himself to promote himself--maybe also for the sake of collateral damage to the Republicans and to help Hillary become the next President. If he has any good political-philosophical ideas, they must be stuck up his ass. They aren't coming out of his mouth.

--Brant

Trump is doing all the major Sunday talk shows this morning except for Fox.

His beautiful Iowa co-chair campaign manager, Tana Goertz, just said: "Mess with the bull, you're going to get the horns, sweetheart," and that Trump's attacks on Megyn (even the blood stuff) was "fair game." 

08.09.2015-10.46.png

08.09.2015-10.49.png

And Trump's opinion of the Atlanta thing where some Republican candidates tried to act like Social Justice Warriors against him?

Hell, let them talk to small crowds.

So far, all indications are that Trump's popularity as presidential candidate is increasing. He ain't going anywhere anytime soon. 

Michael

Adam what would you do if Trump attacked Christie and at the same time the Republican, voting members of the great state of New Jersey? Are you ready for that?

You really perceive people through a severe filter.

If he attacked Christie on the issue that, as the Governor of the State of NJ, he failed to direct his Attorney General to obey the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution within the State of NJ?

I would stand up and applaud Trump.

However, Peter, you do this too much of the time. You do not provide context with broad spectrum prophylactic presumptions.

A...

Adam wrote: You do not provide context with broad spectrum prophylactic presumptions. end quote

I provide prescriptions too Adam. If Trump style insults were coming from any other candidate it would lower them in the polls. So, is Trump a path finder just for a non politician like himself? I think so but I also think the next politician who tries to be like Trump will be hooted off the national stage. What will it take before Trump is disgraced? I was just watching that Operation Game commercial on Fox - the fearful eyes on the character being operated on? Whoa. (the Doctors are on next.) Imagine Trump as your dentist!

What is Trump going to do next? Will he need to top his own exuberance to get an encore? What are the voters doing? They laugh. They cringe. The guys say, way to go, but the wife or girlfriend gets pissed at him, so there is no net gain. If Trump has a power base but cannot get a win in one primary with just that base, how is he going to build on it?

I think he needs a high profile campaign manager who he will listen to. Is Newt Gingrich up to it? He writes some great speeches. What will be Trump's Contract With America be? Let's Make America Great, Again, with no defining text isn't going to cut it.

How does this crow business work, you wonks :-) More than ever, I do not think Trump will get past 30 percent approval. What if he goes down in specific polls as in Iowa and New Hampshire?

Trump better be as rich as he says, because he’s going to need the money. end quote

Perot spent 60 million or so on his bid.

A significant portion of a campaign budget for a national campaign is advertising for name identification.

Interviewing and hiring key campaign staff.

Trump has neither of these problems since he is completely known with probably close to a 90% name penetration before he ran for President.

He has his management structure in place and will fill in with specialized hires.

Back to Perot, when the first January after his run arrived, he had made more than the 60 million just on the interest paid to him by his underlying assets.

I don't think Trump has any money issues at all. Where he would run into substantial money would be the third party access to all 50 states.

However, it is doable.

A...

I have made 3 predictions on this thread .

Said one should be shorting Apple stock here ( I think that I have been proven correct there in a very short period of time )

Jays would pass Yanks by September ( any baseball lover sees whats happening already )

Trump has ZERO chance .

Funny thing is that the Trump prediction is the best of the 3 so far . Keep your bbq chicken