Thoughts on the Boston Marathon Bombing?

Alex Jones and his InfoWars has done some good work but today he’s making a fool of himself.

At first government involvement in this particular attack was a possibility, and he was right to emphasize it when it was a real possibility. That possibility is now extremely improbable [ADDED: see posts #182 & #185] yet he’s now writing as if it were certain.

Government and its sympathizers will still use this affair to its advantage. Though demonizing "the right" is now out they will use it for more "war on terrorism" and more war against the Bill of Rights.

I see the attack principally as evidence for the evil of unrestricted immigration and visas, and partly as blowback from mucking around in foreign countries, as was 9-11 both.

(On the subject of 9-11 and unrestricted visas, see the Shea Memorandum.)

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I should think he would gain more new viewers if he just came out with it. Furthermore this is not the time for prolonged grandstanding.

I don't believe the issue is grandstanding. One of the biggest issues which could lead to the collapse of our way of life is the failure of the independence of the news networks. As Beck mentioned again today the Islamic front group CAIR has a powerful presence in every major news network and in much of the US government. Beck is putting out a signal to test who is no longer independent among those news reporters and leaders of news organizations he has trusted in the past.

If Fox News has failed as a news organization that is news - the regular news networks have already been known to fail generally with a small number of independent non-Progressive reporters left. I suspect Becks wants to hire any good ones left and cross off the list the rest.

Beck said a few days ago The Blaze would fold if he died tomorrow and he doesn't want it to fall into the wrong hands in any case. He is wanting to expand and the only way to do that would seem to be gathering up the handful of legitimate reporters left. At some point the news part of his network has to grow to survive, At some point we have to have another news source besides Fox News if they are compromised or the nation will fold.

Here's the 3rd grade math news - you can't borrow/print 40%-46% every month to fund the federal government for any length of time before the scheme collapses. That is the only news really worth talking about and still the major networks really don't talk about it.

Dennis

Fox News isn't a good news source and they're already compromised. (I won't elaborate as it's out of focus for this thread.) I’ll give them credit for featuring Andrew Napolitano — great guy, even if he annoyingly uses religion as bedrock (and like the typical Catholic he is pro-unrestricted immigration). Still, he’s swamped there by milquetoasts and neocons.

Fox News isn't a good news source and they're already compromised. (I won't elaborate as it's out of focus for this thread.) I’ll give them credit for featuring Andrew Napolitano — great guy, even if he annoyingly uses religion as bedrock (and like the typical Catholic he is pro-unrestricted immigration). Still, he’s swamped there by milquetoasts and neocons.

In general I agree, once Beck left I found myself watching Fox News much less. Now that O'Reilly has entirely lost his mind I won't ever watch him again. The shine of newness and independence has left Fox News - in a given entire day of news there isn't more than 10-15 minutes of good discussion or news. I used to look forward to Charles Krauthammer but he has not been remarkable for some time - I guess I got to know him better.

I pretty much down to talk radio, The Blaze, and bits and pieces from all other sources generally originating from the Internet.

Dennis

Interesting news day Monday - Beck has given the administration and other news organizations till Monday then he is going to spill the beans on the Saudi student. Beck has certainly set a high bar on expectations on this one. He has said this is either #1 or #2 news story of recent times - probably #1 depending on what becomes of it. Six congressmen have confirmed the story but no one else in the news has picked it up yet even though Beck has been telling the management of other news outlets. If Fox News is refusing the story that could mean Fox News has gone Progressive - I guess we will know by Monday.

Dennis

Makes me wonder if the Saudi student will go into witness protection unavailable to congress and/or be removed from the country before Monday so again no congressional oversight will be possible. It sounds like several congressmen, their staffs, and several law enforcement people have stuck their necks out on this one. Wonder if there will be a purge just like there was after Libya in the CIA and the military [plus all survivors hidden].

Dennis

They are saying that the student is not the Saudi national scheduled for deportation, that is somebody else. (Deportations are usually scheduled at least a month in advance).

Incidentally, relatives of the two (alleged) terrorists are saying that they, too, do not trust the FBI or the government. Like many here.

Strange bedfellows.

They are saying that the student is not the Saudi national scheduled for deportation, that is somebody else. (Deportations are usually scheduled at least a month in advance).

That is the lie the administration put forward - 6 congressmen have seen the deportation paperwork and say it is a lie - the name is of the injured Saudi student who was there at the bombing who is from the Jihadist family in Saudi Arabia and has big time family connections.

Dennis

That is the lie the administration put forward - 6 congressmen have seen the deportation paperwork and say it is a lie - the name is of the injured Saudi student who was there at the bombing who is from the Jihadist family in Saudi Arabia and has big time family connections.

Dennis

Who are the six congressmen?

Dennis

Evidence? ;The kind that will stand up in court please.

Folks:

This week is a perfect time to teach how message memes move through the broad mediums available to each individual's access to the "media."

Marshal McLuhan would be proud...

A...

Adam,

From where I sit, the Boston marathon bombing blew the shit out of the left's orchestrated meme campaign for gun control.

Then came the ricin thing, the Texas fertilizer explosion, the manhunt, and now the probable Jihad connection for the bombing. All that buried the meme putsch.

There will be a media backlash, but at least they have to go back to the drawing board and stop dancing to a sad song on the graves of those schoolchildren.

Michael

I’ll bet the people in the locked down areas wish they had guns while the remaining bomber is on the loose.

I’d put my money’s on the dude getting terminated, with extreme prejudice.

I’ll bet the people in the locked down areas wish they had guns while the remaining bomber is on the loose.

Or in a flash of wisdom, he may just give himself up.

TheBlaze TV has live coverage and I tuned in for a bit. Here is what I heard so far:

The second dude seems to be cornered, but the media is being kept a bay because (1) they would like to take him alive so they can interrogate him, and (2) he might be wearing a suicide bomb vest. They don't want any collateral casualties among reporters or law enforcement people, for that matter.

His dead brother's body not only had bullet holes in it, there was lots of shrapnel, too. They speculate it was from such a vest. (I presume the vest did not explode, or only partially exploded because of the bullets.)

Also, the entire city of Boston is shut down. People are being told to stay home and do not go out.

The authorities think there may be other people involved in the bombing, not just the two brothers, and that there might be other bombs planted around the city.

The authorities say this, then say not to panic.

Gee, thanks...

Michael

Or in a flash of wisdom, he may just give himself up.

Double fail. Tsarnaev loses out on his 70 virgins and the taxpayers are on the hook for keeping him in jail for the next few decades.

Double fail. Tsarnaev loses out on his 70 virgins and the taxpayers are on the hook for keeping him in jail for the next few decades.

Vat a deal!

Where do the politically correct sign up for this with the understanding that his costs will be charged in additions to their normal slave taxes...

His dead brother's body not only had bullet holes in it, there was lots of shrapnel, too. They speculate it was from such a vest. (I presume the vest did not explode, or only partially exploded because of the bullets.)

Or like Secretary of State Kerry he was wounded by his own grenade - no purple heart this time however since he won't be able to fill out the paperwork for his own medal.

Dennis

The media was building up a Tea Party terrorist connection from day one with no evidence what-so-ever. If that becomes the

FBI narrative at some point as well, everything they say will have to be compared to everything out there on the web to determine

who is lying - and we may still never know. Obama has broken the public trust so how can his administration ever be trusted on

anything ever again when the question suits his political goals and he can control the information?

Dennis

That's interesting... I read CNN every day and this is the first I've heard of the media building up a Tea-Party terrorist narrative. Good thing you told me - wouldn't have known it from actually reading the stories they have been posting.

www.politico.com/story/2013/04/no-miranda-rights-for-now-for-bombing-suspect-90362.html

There seems to be a debate over whether to proceed with this as criminal case or a military one. Some want to treat him as an "enemy combatant."

This appears to be a criminal case, the creep's motivation for the crime is irrelevant. After all, this is – or used to be? – America. If found guilty in a Massachusetts civilian criminal court the maximum penalty would be life without parole.

The feds should be out of it completely by now except as witnesses for the prosecution.

The media was building up a Tea Party terrorist connection from day one with no evidence what-so-ever. If that becomes the

FBI narrative at some point as well, everything they say will have to be compared to everything out there on the web to determine

who is lying - and we may still never know. Obama has broken the public trust so how can his administration ever be trusted on

anything ever again when the question suits his political goals and he can control the information?

Dennis

That's interesting... I read CNN every day and this is the first I've heard of the media building up a Tea-Party terrorist narrative. Good thing you told me - wouldn't have known it from actually reading the stories they have been posting.

First of all, thank you for your service.

Secondly, I am not aware of what information that you have access to.

However, what would happen if you logged on to Al Jazeera @:

http://www.aljazeera.com/#

????

A...