Thoughts on the Boston Marathon Bombing?

Elizabeth "redskin is us" Warren, along with Dianne "the confiscator" Feinstein should immediately move a Senate bill to ban all high capacity pressure cookers, back ground checks, registration of all non-high capacity pressure cookers [conversion would be possible] and of course ban all pressure cookers from the mentally ill!

I am sure we will all feel much better and safer after it becomes law.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pressure cookers were used to make the bombs?

Dayaamm!

This proves it wasn't your typical American.

We eat out of processed food packages and cans, in restaurants, and mostly use the microwave in the kitchen these days.

I don't think the younger Americans (immigrants excepted) even know what a pressure cooker is except as some kind of ancient artifact like the Franklin stove.

(I'm exaggerating, but it's something to think about when the left goes hollering it has to be angry old white guys.)

Michael

I sense that you are disappointed that the left is not already hollering that it is aowg's.

I sense that you are disappointed that the left is not already hollering that it is aowg's.

Carol,

Actually the left already is. Starting with Chris Matthews. He didn't use that phrase, but that's how he always defines it. (He's even defined racism as only being practiced by whites.)

See here and here.

I wouldn't have said it otherwise.

If I dig, I am sure I will not have to dig far to come up with plenty of examples from others.

And, no, I am not disappointed it didn't happen. I am saddened and irritated that it does happen.

Michael

Carol,

Actually the left already is. Starting with Chris Matthews. He didn't use that phrase, but that's how he always defines it. (He's even defined racism as only being practiced by whites.)

See here and here.

I wouldn't have said it otherwise.

If I dig, I am sure I will not have to dig far to come up with plenty of examples from others.

And, no, I am not disappointed it didn't happen. I am saddened and irritated that it does happen.

Michael

"Domestic terrorists" (ie native born Americans) tend to be on the far right? Is that hollering an unjustifiable assumption? Maybe they don't tend to be rightists, my impression is that they have all been psychos whose ideology would not matter. I do not know the history of homegrown bombers , except early 20th century anarchists of whom that was certainly untrue

Though the Boston Marathon attracts foreign runners it’s still a very local affair. There are no big company sponsors, no prize money. The winner gets a bowl of hot beans, at least he used to.

Broadly speaking there are four possibilities for who was responsible for this atrocity: (1) A nutcase like Eric Robert Rudolph of the Centennial Olympic Park bombing, (2) elements within the government as with the first World Trade Center bombing in 1993 and the Oklahoma City bombing in 1995, (3) another group either Israeli or sympathetic to Israel that wants to keep the U.S. at war with the Middle East, (4) Muslims who hate Americans for supporting a government at war with them.

One of these is the butcher. Keep that in mind because you can be sure the government is itching to make it number 4, and they will omit the context and trash anyone who brings it up. On the Internet you can view as many photos of Mideast children turned into a bloody mess by U.S. bombs for as long as you can stand, mass butchery for absolutely nothing, but the Neocons – and the Ayn Rand Institute – will be screaming at the top of their lungs "they hate us ’cuz we’re free."

In cases 2 through 4 it will be the U.S. government that is hateful.

I wonder where one goes to learn how to make a bomb out of a pressure cooker.

And I wonder where devices like this have been used before...

Something to think about until we know more...

Michael

My mother knew how! The neighbours called the fire department!

Michael

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/16/breaking-details-ap-says-explosives-used-in-bombings-contained-in-6-liter-pressure-cookers-and-placed-in-duffel-bags/

The Islamic recipe book for bomb making covered it - I recall Beck talking about this "how to make bombs in your mom's kitchen" jihad information about a year ago.

Dennis

Michael

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/04/16/breaking-details-ap-says-explosives-used-in-bombings-contained-in-6-liter-pressure-cookers-and-placed-in-duffel-bags/

The Islamic recipe book for bomb making covered it - I recall Beck talking about this "how to make bombs in your mom's kitchen" jihad information about a year ago.

Dennis

Michael

Dennis

This manual was also "highly recommended" by Stormfront in September 2011.

A student studying mechanical engineering.

I am reminded of the "Davidka" full of nails and bolts from Exodus. And yes, it was used as a terrorist weapon.

A weapon of Jewish liberation.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I think it was some third-world poor boy wanna-be very likely muslim, trying to make a name for himself.

Ba'al Chatzaf

I am reminded of the "Davidka" full of nails and bolts from Exodus. And yes, it was used as a terrorist weapon.

A weapon of Jewish liberation.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yes, that too. A's freedom fight is often B's terrorism. Although the debate is still ongoing on how far terrorist acts such as the hotel bombing actually aided the cause of liberation.

Have the Islamist acts of terrorism advanced their cause ?

... the Atlanta Olympics bombing in which the man who found them was wrongfully "profiled" as the perpetrator and eventually committed suicide from depression.

That would be Richard Jewell, only he died of natural causes and not depression.
I stand corrected. Thanks. His life was made hell, but apparently all the fences were mended before he died.

Broadly speaking there are four possibilities for who was responsible for this atrocity: (1) A nutcase like Eric Robert Rudolph of the Centennial Olympic Park bombing, ...

Rudolph is exactly what is meant by "domestic terrorist." That he was a "nutcase" is an easy claim applicable to anyone who acts in the same manner. The perpetrators of the 9/11 attacks, similarly, were "nutcases" as were David Ben Gurion and his co-conspirators. That said, I do not see what value the label has.

Michael

How about THE ANARCHIST COOKBOOK? Originally published to facilitate "creative" expressions of the SDS/Weathermen, and other frustrated New Leftists of the 1970's (Note: If you are too young and think I'm possibly referring to The Weather Channel or something, drop a note to Presidente Obama's "former" friends - lawyer professors, Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, who led the Weatherman faction out of SDS, and which later launcned several bombings, requiring the Love couple to go into hiding from the Feds for 20+ years - after which they struck a plea bargain and spent time as guests of the U.S. penal system).

THE ANARCHIST COOKBOOK was later widely available in bookstores, primarily due to its instructions on mixing psychedelic cocktails (along with its detailed instructions on terrorist devices). I believe its publication was stopped after the Oklahoma City bombings, but it is probably still available on the Internet. There are probably much more lethat instructions available, but in the wrong hands (those engaged in malice), this "guide" is still out there.

And then there's this, former Representative Barney Frank giving his views on why the incident proves the usefulness of Big Government, and why we need more of it!

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/barney-frank-boston-marathon-spending-cuts-90152.html

Michael

How about THE ANARCHIST COOKBOOK? Originally published to facilitate "creative" expressions of the SDS/Weathermen, and other frustrated New Leftists of the 1970's (Note: If you are too young and think I'm possibly referring to The Weather Channel or something, drop a note to Presidente Obama's "former" friends - lawyer professors, Bill Ayers and Bernadine Dohrn, who led the Weatherman faction out of SDS, and which later launcned several bombings, requiring the Love couple to go into hiding from the Feds for 20+ years - after which they struck a plea bargain and spent time as guests of the U.S. penal system).

THE ANARCHIST COOKBOOK was later widely available in bookstores, primarily due to its instructions on mixing psychedelic cocktails (along with its detailed instructions on terrorist devices). I believe its publication was stopped after the Oklahoma City bombings, but it is probably still available on the Internet. There are probably much more lethat instructions available, but in the wrong hands (those engaged in malice), this "guide" is still out there.

This brings to mind a novel I have mentioned here before, "Vida", whose heroine is Weatherman-type who attempts a bombing and goes underground. The bombing conspiracy is fuelled and facilitated by, no surprise, an undercover FBI agent.

And Rush Limbaugh's observation/speculation on what will happen if the terrorists are discovered:

If the culprit turns out to be a Muslim, the MSM (the "drive-by media," as Rush calls them) will go to great lengths to admonish the public not to form any conclusions at all about Islam as a religion,or that Islamic groups that have advocated violence had anything to do with it. BUT if the pepetrator turns out to have even the slightest connection with any group, individual, or publication that falls under the vast canopy that the MSM likes to call "Rightwing," then they will spare no effort in informing the public that "rightwing extremism" was behind the terrorist attack and that THEY (i.e., anyone to the "right" of their own positions) are the ones responsible.

No one else has come forward with Ali Stevenson's story of bomb-sniffing dogs, police on the roofs, and announcements of a training exercise before the race. Repeated searches came up with no MSM reports, either, but only the right wing infomedia and blogs. (Them and The Democratic Underground. The Daily Mail UK has the claim, also.)

I did find this from CNN, but the actual content did not contain the phrase "Runners had reported a bomb squad unit and bomb sniffing dogs on... or any useful subset. I also tried the cited link n.cnn.com/139ikHp but it took me to the same story.

3 killed, more than 140 hurt in Boston Marathon bombing – This Just ...
news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/...boston-marathon/comment-page-88/19 hours ago – Death toll now 3 in Boston bombings, police say. on.cnn.com/139ikHp ... #Boston Marathon runners for #Newtown safe, finished before blasts. on.cnn.com/YMmXIp ..... Runners had reported a bomb squad unit and bomb sniffing dogs on ... be controlled explosions on the street as part of a training exercise.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2013/04/15/explosions-near-finish-of-boston-marathon/?on.cnn=1

Security cameras were said to have provided no clues and authorities were asking people to being in their own recordings if they have them. Unlike Dallas, though, these would not be 8mm films that disappear, but backups of copies of copies of backups. We will have to wait and see.

I think Rush is very intelligent and I think Rush thinks the American public is very intelligent, albeit he often thinks it is gullible from too much goodness.

From what I have read, when the left thinks the public is stupid, that's because the "nudgers" at the top absolutely know so much better than everybody else that they feel compelled to remove the right of choice from all who do not agree. And they feel compelled to do this by actually compelling everyone with government power.

Even if I didn't believe a word Rush said, I always prefer the person who wishes to change minds by persuasion, not by stealth trickery and guns.

Michael