Thoughts on the Boston Marathon Bombing?

It seems like there was a third person involved in the Boston Marathon bombing. That's what the FBI thinks, at least. (However, the source is off the record.)

It looks like the detonator was rigged from a toy car remote control and this is not taught in Inspire, the Al Qaeda propaganda magazine.

Here is an article from TheBlaze about it (where the video came from).

TOP-RANKING GOP REP. SAYS THERE ARE ‘CLEARLY MORE PERSONS OF INTEREST’ IN BOSTON BOMBING

by Madeleine Morgenstern

April 27, 2013

TheBlaze

From the article:

The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee said there are “clearly more persons of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombing, despite some officials saying the Tsarnaev brothers acted alone.

“I hear a lot of definitive statements out there that it was just these two men and it’s over, but I will tell you I hear these briefings every day, and I don’t think this is over,” Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.) told The Boston Herald Thursday. “There are clearly more persons of interest, and they’re not 100 percent sure if there aren’t other explosives.”

Rogers’ comments came ahead of a Wall Street Journal report Friday that the FBI has concluded the bomb makers “likely had additional training or expertise.”

Michael

It is obvious to me they had training and or were provided extremely detailed instructions. More likely neither was involved in actually constructing the bombs. Was the 3rd person the Saudi student? Likely we will never know if that was the case since the administration has hidden that avenue of research. It is more likely more than 3 people were involved since they were more successful than previous similar attacks involving more people and experienced bomb makers.

Experts have been saying since last week these were sophisticated bombs. Remember they had a number of other bombs of differing designs and other weapons as well - where did all that mysteriously appear from. The two lone brothers scenario seems logically weak and political in nature. Possible but unlikely - neither brother had the background or training to do sophisticated bomb design unless the one brother got the information in Russia and was a much better student than long term professional bomb makers who none-the-less fail regularly.

Dennis

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pressure cooker bomb is a hyped up pipe bomb. However the trigger might have been something clever like a cell phone or radio circuit that could blow the device remotely. I can build such a bomb too. I would use a wireless door bell which consists of a small transmitter (the outside button) and a bell box which consists of a receiver and a circuit that simulates bell sounds. I have a wireless door bell on my house. It would be easy to use the bell activation circuit to explode a primer which would blow up the main charge. All such triggers are well laid out in literature available on the Web. If this last bombing was organized by "senior" types it was kept well silent as no "chatter" was reported in the usual Muslim web sites.

By the way the Arabs consider Chechen Muslims midway between Gorillas and Cretins. They have no great "standing" in Wahabi circles.

The Arab speaking Jihadis have a very high opinion of themselves.

Ba'al Chatzaf