The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

10 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Your standard Dem voter has no reason to get out of bed Nov 3 and vote for Biden. That'll be devastating for the marginal Congressional candidates 

Brant,

A variation on this is exactly how the Republicans lost the House in 2018.

A lot of the Trump voters simply stayed home thinking he's got this. Added to that, a huge number of the Republican House members with the incumbent advantage retired. Nobody says anything about this, but I bet it was coordinated through Never Trumpers.

Now, for this election, Biden can't even get flies to show up at his rallies. Nobody wants him out in the electorate. Only the elitists do. So the Dem House and Senate members running are going to see what happens when voters don't even show up.

I am pretty sure this will give President Trump the reelection and both chambers. Nah... I am really sure...

:) 

Michael

11 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I can't thank Twitter enough for helping President Trump win reelection.

Here is why they did that.

image.png

There is the pro-Trump impact this attempted bullying will have on the election, but as to the Hunter Biden story, Twitter just ramped up the Streisand effect into the stratosphere.

Michael

• Like 1

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch...

Rudy just got concrete evidence to nail Joe Biden on a RICO violation. It's an email from Hunter Biden admitting he kicks back half of his money to his father.

I don't know if this tweet will stay up, but for now it is there.

I don't know if the DOJ will bring charges soon, but Joe ain't looking so good right now.

Rudy said he's convicted hundreds of people on less evidence than that.

Michael

32 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Styx said if all this is true, Biden is no longer eligible to run.

What would happen about the election if Biden were declared ineligible to run?

Would there have to be another nominating convention to select a candidate?  Or would Kamala automatically become the candidate?

Ellen

3 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

What would happen about the election if Biden were declared ineligible to run?

Would there have to be another nominating convention to select a candidate?  Or would Kamala automatically become the candidate?

Ellen

Ellen,

I assume the people who were in charge of the DNC would hold an emergency session to choose a different candidate.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Hillary Clinton managed to squeak in like that?

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Rudy just got concrete evidence to nail Joe Biden on a RICO violation. It's an email from Hunter Biden admitting he kicks back half of his money to his father.

Here's the front page of Rantingly where Rudy shows it.

image.png

There was a YouTube video below that from Rudy's YT account that covers this and more. It's damning.

There's even more coming. Apparently a lot more.

Michael

3 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Hillary Clinton managed to squeak in like that?

If the Bin Laden body double story you talked about on another thread has legs, Hillary's soon up for charges herself, and I think the DNC wouldn't expect her to have a prayer of being elected at this stage anyway.  But, yes, it would be "a hoot."

Ellen

28 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:
On 10/11/2020 at 4:38 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Where is the list of high-level Democrats getting sick? 

Hmmm...could this be the start of that, now that the Hunter Biden scandal is blowing up on Sleepy Joe?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/kamala-harris-halts-travel-after-2-involved-in-campaign-test-positive-for-coronavirus

TG,

How's that for a coincidence timing-wise?

I can think of a gazilion political reasons this is good news for Harris.

Michael

• Like 1

19 days to go before the election. Because of the Left Coast’s 74 and New York’s 29 electoral college votes, Biden starts out with a numerical lead. Is it too soon to predict? Maybe. I saw one of Harris’s aides and Baron Trump  have tested positive for Covid-19, and the looming October surprise may have arrived.

RealClearPolitics' gauge of polls in six crucial battleground states — Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Arizona and North Carolina — currently shows Biden with a 4.9-point lead over Trump. end quote

That lead has shrunk in a week, from 10 to 5.

Battleground states. Florida, 29 electoral college votes. Pennsylvania, 20 Michigan, 16 Wisconsin, 10 Arizona, 11. North Carolina, 15. So, 29 plus 20 equals 49 plus 16 equals 65 plus 10 equals 75 plus 11 equals 86 plus 15 equals 101 electoral college votes in those battleground states. If Trump wins them all he wins 101 electoral votes.

One fairly likely (and likeable) scenario. Trump has 125 very, very likely electoral college votes. 125 plus the battleground states total of 101 equals 226. Texas, with 38 electoral votes should be won by Trump, though it is a tossup on the RCP map. 226 plus Texas’s 38 equals 264. Come on you retirees and snowbirds! Sorry for the error. I deleted where I counted Florida twice. 

edit 

When are the town halls? Both the Biden and Trump town halls are slated to start at 8 p.m. ET. Biden's will last for an hour and a half, while Trump's will last for an hour.

Who is moderating? George Stephanopoulos of ABC News will moderate the Biden town hall, while Savannah Guthrie of NBC News will moderate the Trump town hall.

Savannah Guthrie Journalist Savannah Clark Guthrie is an Australian-born American broadcast journalist and attorney. She is a main co-anchor of the NBC News morning show Today, a position she has held since July 2012.

Donald Trump Attacks NBC As “The Worst” & Mocks Savannah Guthrie As Network Slammed Over Dueling Town Halls.

And that’s the way it is. This is Walter Crumbite saying goodnight. Peter

2 hours ago, Peter said:

[Underscores added]

Battleground states. Florida, 29 electoral college votes. Pennsylvania, 20 Michigan, 16 Wisconsin, 10 Arizona, 11. North Carolina, 15. So, 29 plus 20 equals 49 plus 16 equals 65 plus 10 equals 75 plus 11 equals 86 plus 15 equals 101 electoral college votes in those battleground states. If Trump wins them all he wins 101 electoral votes.

One fairly likely (and likeable) scenario. Trump has 125 very, very likely electoral college votes. 125 plus the battleground states total of 101 equals 226. Texas, with 38 electoral votes should be won by Trump, though it is a tossup on the RCP map. 226 plus Texas’s 38 equals 264. Florida has 29 electoral college votes. Come on you retirees and snowbirds! 264 plus 29 equals 293.

You counted Florida twice.

Ellen

I'm putting this in the election thread since it directly impacts the election.

Twitter suffered mass outages across the US and UK. 

These outages started after this tweet by Tucker Carslon. My own account was hit, but now it's back online.

So now there's this.

In today's cancel culture. it looks like Twitter itself is going to get canceled for abuse of election interference.

Section 230 of the Communications act is going to get severely curtailed and I bet Facebook, Reddit, Google, and others are celebrating Jack Dorsey for bringing this down on their heads at this moment. He's probably the most popular guy in Silicon Valley right now.

Expect a HUGE spike in massive class action lawsuits for all of them. And individual defamation suits, too, for that matter.

Michael

Admittedly Ive got nothing to do before the election re politics so I wondered. If Biden contracted SARS-CoV-2 as Trump did and died before the election what does the Constitution say about a dead guy on the ballot? ha ha

Well there are rules governing this as you might expect and it actually happened before in a Presidential election in 1872.

There are several scenarios.

https://people.howstuffworks.com/what-happens-presidential-candidate-dies.htm

"The deceased candidate's party picks a replacement (who may or may not be the vice presidential candidate from the ticket), and that replacement is on the ballot on Election Day." 

"If the winning presidential candidate dies between Dec. 15 but before Jan. 6, Congress would have to decide whether to count the votes cast for them. If Congress chooses to validate the votes, the laws of presidential succession are carried out, and the winning candidate's vice president becomes president-elect."

The scenario most likely to fit with reality and has been teased incessantly by podcasters is "If something were to happen to the presumptive nominee before the convention, the parties have a plan — they’d proceed as normal and use the convention to pick the nominee. And if something happened after the convention but before the election, there’s a plan for that, too — national party committees would step in."

But what about conventions, will they take place? What about those candidates who merely suspended their campaigns? Its messy.

Nothing as been quite as crystal clear re politics and the sleazy and self aggrandizing manner in which they peddle their wares. But when you choose a side and argument its interesting still to see what actually takes place. Stay tuned.

Waking up the day after the '16 election I smirked and almost smiled. Im hoping for the same this round.

I like entertainment and substance. Trump was that and more. He rarely repeated himself and he ate Savannah's lunch. He had the eye of the tiger when he left Walter Reed. I saw the same tonight. The guy was on. It was good to see. He did himself no wrong on (M)orons (S)pouting (N)onsense (B)y the (C)artload

3 hours ago, turkeyfoot said:

I like entertainment and substance. Trump was that and more.

I agree. It is interesting that Biden voters are more likely to vote early. My wife and I decided against voting in person and we will mail in our ballots tomorrow, October 16, 2020. I filled in the ovals completely with a Bic pen.

I thought the Trump inquisitor, NBC anchor Savannah Guthrie, was very angry at the beginning of the debate . . . oops, I mean The Town Hall. Maybe she should be fired, because she did a lousy, unfair job.

From Rasmussen. 65% Say They’re Likely To Vote Early If They Can Thursday, October 15, 2020. Early voting is available in most states, and voters in those states by a two-to-one margin plan to take advantage of it. Biden voters are much more eager to vote early than Trump supporters. end quote

5 hours ago, turkeyfoot said:

I like entertainment and substance. Trump was that and more. He rarely repeated himself and he ate Savannah's lunch. He had the eye of the tiger when he left Walter Reed. I saw the same tonight. The guy was on. It was good to see. He did himself no wrong on (M)orons (S)pouting (N)onsense (B)y the (C)artload

TF,

It wasn't that hard when this was the interviewer:

As to the aftermath, Jack Posobiec, who is practically a White House insider, reported the following.

Michael