The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

William,

Factba.se looks like an interesting artificial intelligence-powered site. They are very Trump-centered and even have interviews of Steve Bannon.

Nothing on Biden, unfortunately, which makes their mission statement ring kinda hollow. But for Trump videos, transcriptions and so on, (and, yes, deleted tweets,) it looks like a pretty good resource.

Cool.

btw - How did you get it to embed as an iframe?

HTML is not supposed to be available for posting. Did IPB do something in an update that you ferreted out? Oops. Brain fart. When I checked the code, I didn't bother to look at the URL in the iframe. Nor did I play the video and just look. It's a YouTube video. :)  

Michael

On 10/21/2020 at 6:22 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Leftism is not a thing. It's a body of ideas and stories.

How can you talk about leftism if you can't identify it? Identify, then evaluate, right?

But besides that, describing leftism as a body of ideas and stories just doesn't work--there's disconfirming evidence available. There is no coherent story, the narrative is a blatant contrariety completely dependent on the other side. The leftist narrative is reactive, it doesn't grow out of itself.

edit: I thought this while watching the debates, as Trump would try to explain things so that they connect to one another: the COVID response, his taxes, Biden's corruption. Biden wouldn't do the same thing, he would speak as if he was making a statement that didn't need context, but didn't explain anything either. He's not adding to a story, he's just stoking emotions... "c'mon man."

Drudge was too afraid to run a poll this time. And the only poll I have seen so far (Rantingly) has President Trump winning by a lot. But Rantingly is a very Trump-friendly site.

So, at this point, to see what the people thought who won, we have to look at other indications to see what's out in the culture outside of partisan hotspots.

How about this one?

I never thought I would post a tweet of hers, and I never thought she would say what she just did, but here it is.

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus and sometimes pigs to fly.

:) 

Michael

Here's another indication.

Jake Tapper really does look shook. After he recovers a little, you can see him forcing out outrage people do with a sudden fake smile. He's just going through the motions as if he's shell-shocked.

Nobody over at CNN, Biden's cheerleaders, are exuding much cheer right now.

One of my favorite reactions was on the Fox panel right after the debate.

They asked Donna Brazile what she thought of the debate and, after some boilerplate nobody much remembers, she said--with a lot of passion--her favorite president of all time was Lyndon Johnson.

Michael

Just a comment from me, but I think Kristen Welker, the moderator, was surprisingly good. I expected a hack and, of course she did a little hackery like interrupt President Trump more than Biden, but it was not too exaggerated. She was very good at keeping the candidates on topic and she hit Biden with a lot harder questions than I expected.

Of all the debates, including the 2016 and 2020 primaries and the 2016 debates, I think she was the most even-handed and fair. Her bias was a tiny tilt, not a full-on bend.

That was a pleasant surprise.

Even President Trump noticed. Right after I told Kat that Kristen Welker was impressing me as being a hell of a lot better than I expected, President Trump complimented her. But, of course, she immediately cut him off when he did that. After all, she still has to live with her peeps at NBC and MSNBC. How would she ever live down accepting and liking a compliment from Trump?

And even though she cut him off, I bet there are people bitching at her over this at this very moment.

Michael

Stuff like this is all over the Internet right now and probably all over everywhere.

I'm actually learning something with this.

Even with the "big lie" technique, there's a right way to do it and a wrong way.

The right way is to have stories and history to back up the lie, experts who substantiate it scientifically, a scapegoat to blame failures on and scare people, an appeal to a moral high ground, and a whole bunch of elements like that.

The big lie, to work, has to be bigger than "I never said that." That's nothing but vanity on a social level.

The big lie has to be something people can gather around like "The Jews are the reason you hurt right now" (Hitler), or that "We will usher in utopia through dictatorship of the proletariat" (communism), or "Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction" (the neocons), or "Canada did it" (South Park) :) .

Joe did it the wrong way.

He just cut loose with a jumbo slithering woolly one right out in front of everyone and left it dangling.

Now it's going to eat on him until it's full.

Michael

• Like 1

I'm not even going to source this because it's so stupid and so prevalent, but people like David Hogg are making this error.

A bunch of anti-Trump people are crowing about how stupid he was in the debate because, according to them, he thinks a type of wild animal, i.e., coyotes, transport infants across the border, presumably tied to their backs.

And, man, are they crowing about what a dumbass Trump is--especially in relation to them. After all, they know for sure dog-like creatures don't carry infants anywhere, unlike that stupid Trump.

Now think about this.

These people vote!

Please save us...

We are doomed...

Michael

EDIT: OK, OK, you can see a few tweets here, but they're all over the internet: And THEY make fun of Trump?! HA! Lots and lots and LOTS of blue-check libs don’t know what a coyote is (screenshots)

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

This was brutal. President Trump did an interview with Lesley Stahl for 60 minutes and I almost felt sorry for Stahl.

Then Vice president Mike Pence did his interview with Lesley Stahl. And... well... now it's not almost.

I do feel sorry for her.

She whined at the end of this one, too. She said they didn't answer her questions.

It's true they didn't allow her to use her gotcha setups to get soundbites she could use to make them look like idiots and assholes, but they did answer her questions.

Michael

• Like 1

Welker did okay. She seems to have tried, at least, to somewhat control her biases or keep them beneath the surface for most of the time. I did laugh a few times at the rushing to get to the next topic. No more time to talk about this silly issue, let's more along now, oh, wait, Joe wanted to add something? Okay thirty more seconds and then we really must get to the very important question that I wanted to ask rather than staying with this one which destroys Biden...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Factba.se has all your Trump needs:

Another resource for Trump-watchers is Rev.com.  This site makes its political transcripts freely available, via its library at 2020 Election Transcripts.

rev.com.png

The transcripts contain "hot links" that work much like embedded timecodes in YouTube video descriptions (show notes)** or CSPAN transcripts; you can click the time codes to easily jump to particular parts of the video:

revcom2.png

** most YouTube accounts are set to automatically render closed-captions/subtitles (you click the CC button on the lower bar of the YouTube player); the three dots at the right edge let you open the captions file as a transcript with timecode hyperlinks:

CCandTrans1.png

Press the ••• 

CCandTrans1b.png

Voila. A searchable transcript that lets you jump back and forth to and re-play chunks of video cued by text links:

CCandTrans1c.png

The bar at the bottom of this screen is an extension for Edge Chromium that lets you speed up a YouTube file to the limits of comprehension. See Enhancer for YouTube™

Edited by william.scherk
Added URL to Rev.com: https://www.rev.com/blog/transcript-landing; added info about YouTube
  • Like 1

William,

That's a cool site. I've boodmarked the free transcripts page and the homepage.

You can also use Google's AI transcripts (the ones it uses for YT) if you do a little trick. I wrote out the procedure at a different place and here it is. I pieced this thing together on my own from several places.

I could probably write it up even simpler, but this works for me.

Here is another trick for videos--or audio for that matter, that are not on YouTube.

Stage One

There is an audio input device in Windows 10 that is disabled by default. Go into settings:

All Settings --> System --> Sound (on the left sidebar) --> Input (on the right) and Manage Sound Devices (shortly underneath) --> Input Devices.

Underneath Input Devices there are microphones and a device called "Stereo Mix." Enable that since it is probably disabled. Stereo Mix allows you to record system sounds in a computer recording program instead of using a microphone. Here's an article I found that has pictures:

How to Enable Stereo Mix in Windows 10
https://technicalustad.com/enable-stereo-mix-in-windows-10/

Now choose "System Mix" as your default audio input device (in other words, as your default microphone) in your Windows sound settings.

Stage Two

Open your browser and go to Google Docs, open a new document. Under Tools, choose "Voice Typing." Or you can use the following program instead:

Speech Notes
https://speechnotes.co/

You will receive the audio there and there is where the automatic transcript will happen.

Now feed your video or audio into the computer (and you will use "play" to do it. 🙂 ) This may be with a second browser window with, say, a Vimeo video in it, it may be a desktop audio/video player like VLC, etc.

The point is, the audio has to come from a different place than the browser window where the transcript is happening (a new tab doesn't work) and it has to go through the computer system.

Start play on the audio or video you want to transcribe, then click on the Google Doc or Speech Note window. Make sure you do this quickly or you will cut off the first words.

If all goes well, it should transcribe your video or audio using Google's AI, the same one it uses for YouTube transcripts. This method will take as long as the video takes to get the raw transcript since the transcript will happen in real time, but it's free.

(NOTE: I could not get it to work just now, so here is a free alternative. First get your video into an audio file on your hard drive (.mp3, .mpeg, .wav, .flac, or .opus only). There are lots of resources for how to do this. Then go here: IBM Watson Speech to Text. This is a demo page only so no need to give them your info or anything, but it does work in transcribing audio files in real time. Just upload the audio file and wait. Then copy/paste the transcription. I just now did this with a 33 minute audio file and it worked perfectly. I liked this so much, I am trying to plow my way through the code and geek instructions of IBM Cloud in order to use their service as a user. They give you 500 minutes for free each month. I suspect this is accelerated, not real time. And after the 500 minutes are up, they charge 1 to 3 cents a minute. I think this is fantastic.)

I also did one for the process I use in transcribing a YouTube video.

Right below the bottom of any YouTube video, there is a place to like or dislike it. To the right, there are three dots. Click on them and a dropdown menu opens saying "Report" and "Open Transcript." Click on "Open Transcript." (If this option is not available, that means the AI hasn't transcribed it yet. Just wait until it does. I think Google does a transcript for all YT videos.)

The advantage of using this transcript is that it is instantaneous no matter how long the video is.

When the transcript opens, you can toggle the time stamps on and off. Look for the three dots on the above right of the transcript, click on them and the toggle option appears.

(btw - You can use the transcript to find a place in the video, too. If you open the transcript and search for a word that you know a person said using "Ctrl F" or whatever you use for searching on the browser page, it will take you to all the lines where that word appears in the transcript. Obviously you get the time stamp and can manually advance the video to there, but if you double-click the line, the YouTube video starts automatically at that point.)

Then there are the paragraph breaks. Each line comes with a paragraph break after you copy it from the transcript. I have figured out a Word routine to get rid of these paragraph breaks using a mini-code in Find and Replace (^p etc.), but there is a much simpler way online.

Go here:

Text Fixer: Line Break Removal Tool
https://www.textfixer.com/tools/remove-line-breaks.php

Paste the transcript text in the top box, click Remove Line Breaks, and copy the text in the box below. You will get one gigantic paragraph of text. Then you have to go back and listen to the video to correct the spelling and wrong words, add capital letters, add punctuation, add paragraph breaks, etc. I generally use Notepad for this (I use Windows 10). So if I need to add bold, italics, etc., or links, I do that in Word or where ever I use the text after correction.

Here is a cute little trick I use to make the corrections go much faster.

I use an open source program called DeskPins.
https://efotinis.neocities.org/deskpins/

This allows me to open Notepad, stick a pin on it so NotePad always stays on top, then put the Notepad wherever I am most comfortable when constantly starting and stopping the YouTube video. I have found this much more useful than making two windows side by side (browser and Notepad), but I'm damned if I can say why. It just feels a lot less clunky and I make fewer stupid mistakes. 

Michael

From the Factbase YouTube channel, President Trump delivers a stump speech in The Villages in Florida. The Villages is a demographically-interesting place in terms of Florida politics.  It is an adult, gated community, with a median age of 67.4 and a white majority of around 98%. 

According to my Florida politics wonks/Trump supporters and Twitter/YouTube worthies Cotto and Gottfried, everything is going way better for the GOP and Trump than any mainstream pollsters or pundits have been able to see. If you are interested in the Red Wave for Florida focus, follow these guys for in-the-weeds and under-the-hood reports of important variables in the Florida race for 29 Electoral College votes. 

These include ongoing statistics for registrations for the two major parties (in Florida you can also register with No Party Affiliation), the expected/returned VBM (vote by mail) and EV (early voting totals) and such like. The duo have their own 'winning' pollster to help out their analyses. 

Florida is one of the so-called Swing States that will be in a position to report much of its balloting on Election night.  I will be keeping a tab open with Cotto/Gottfried as they process all the information from the Sunshine State.

The most important thing to remember about election night Florida is that reporting will be done by 67 separate county bodies ... not at all like our Elections BC, which has a unified stand-alone infrastructure.

Spoiler

ballotCHAD.jpg

A screenshot from the New York Times page that features the so-called Battleground States, with an excerpt from Florida reporting.

floridaPrep.png

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I could probably write it up even simpler, but this works for me.

I made an addition to that post since my little system did not work just now. I added the following to that post:

(NOTE: I could not get it to work just now, so here is a free alternative. First get your video into an audio file on your hard drive (.mp3, .mpeg, .wav, .flac, or .opus only). There are lots of resources for how to do this. Then go here: IBM Watson Speech to Text. This is a demo page only so no need to give them your info or anything, but it does work in transcribing audio files in real time. Just upload the audio file and wait. Then copy/paste the transcription. I just now did this with a 33 minute audio file and it worked perfectly. I liked this so much, I am trying to plow my way through the code and geek instructions of IBM Cloud in order to use their service as a user. They give you 500 minutes for free each month. I suspect this is accelerated, not real time. And after the 500 minutes are up, they charge 1 to 3 cents a minute. I think this is fantastic.)

Michael

In North Carolina where President Trump is speaking right now, he has some native American Indians over to his right, who seem to be, intermittently and politely, beating on drums. The following is closed up for easier reading and I found a minor error which I fixed. Peter

Fact Check: Was Hunter Biden Dishonorably Discharged From the Military For Cocaine Use? Marlena Lang  1 day ago. During the first presidential debate on September 29, President Donald Trump said former Vice President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, was dishonorably discharged from the military because of cocaine use.

The Facts. As Joe Biden spoke about his late son, Beau Biden, and his military work, Trump interrupted to ask Biden if he was referring to his son Hunter and said, "Hunter got thrown out of the military. He was thrown out, dishonorably discharged, cocaine use." Biden responded with, "None of that is true."

In 2014, Hunter Biden was discharged from the U.S. Navy Reserve after a drug test came back positive for cocaine. Hunter Biden's discharge was not dishonorable as Trump claimed, it was administrative as is protocol for a failed drug test.

According to JAG Defense, a military and security clearance law firm, while an administrative discharge is less severe than a court-martial (dishonorable discharge), "it can still have lifelong, significant effects upon one's employability, eligibility for veteran’s benefits and social standing."

There are several types of administrative discharges and separations one can receive from the U.S. military.

Experts contacted by the Washington Times assume Hunter Biden received one of three separations: honorable, general under honorable conditions, or general under other than honorable. "General under honorable conditions" is the most likely, according to lawyers, according to the Washington Times.

Hunter has not revealed the type of discharge of his separation in February 2014.

The Ruling. Partially True. Although Hunter Biden was discharged from the military because of a positive test for cocaine, his discharge was administrative, not dishonorable.

This one is gross. Talk about sex...

I am working on a rather long transcript of an interview of Rudy Giuliani by Dan Bongino that is more damning than before. I will post that over at the Deep State Unraveling thread-Rudy interview. The reason I will not put it here is because something new came up and it is the worst I have seen against Hunter Biden. It doesn't blow the interview out of the water, but it comes close. It's at the Gateway Pundit below.

BREAKING: China’s GTV Releases Videos of Hunter Biden Sex Tapes while Smoking Crack

China’s GTV loaded video of Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden smoking crack cocaine while engaging in sex with an unknown person.

WARNING ON CONTENT!!

The first GTV video is titled: Exclusive! Hunter Biden’s Sex Tapes, The CCP’s “BGY” Infiltration in the U.S., Evil Alliance to Dominate the World

GTV announced they will be releasing more video.

The GTV link is here. This link was in the excerpt above, but I am posting it separately to include a WARNING WARNING WARNING. This is pure explicit porn with HB in the starring role. The video has a preface of some men addressing a meeting in Chinese, then the nitty-gritty starts. ONLY CLICK ON THAT LINK IF YOU ARE OK WITH SEEING THIS.

I wondered why the Chinese TV station would broadcast such a thing, so I did some digging. And it all came together.

GTV belongs to GTV Media Group. Guess who the partners are?

GTV Media Group is an American company formed in April 2020 by Steve Bannon and Guo Wengui.

Heh...

Guo Wengui is a Chinese billionaire who is royally pissed at the Chinese Communist Party and we all know who Steve Bannon is. :)

If I read the tea leaves correctly, when Steve Bannon was arrested in August for the We Build the Wall project, there were some fingers in that pie that came from the Chinese Communist Party (they are after Wengui) and the Deep State (the CCP calling in favors, to put it delicately).

Well, Steve has access to Hunter Biden's laptop and it is payback time big-time. :) I bet even President Trump is thinking about fondly as he remembers the Access Hollywood tape scandal. :evil: 

They are simply going to drip drip drip those Hunter Biden videos until there is nothing left of Joe Biden's campaign. And we all know, the first drip is always impactful, but not nearly the worst. I suspect this material will be spread like lightning using email since there will be a massive effort to suppress it.

But, I also bet the reporters will eventually pile on, unable to resist the siren's call of the World's Biggest Story. Only a few cracks need to appear, then the dam will bust wide open.

I've tried to find out in which country GTV is hosted, but normal search engines (several) are all gummed up over this. I have seen comments that it is in Taiwan, but I haven't confirmed this.

There is no way for the establishment media and tech giants to censor this out of existence. Democrats who are true believers will eventually see this stuff. A sex and drugs scandal spreads more than just about anything.

I doubt GTV they will break USA law and show porn with the underaged girl (or, as it is rumored, girls), but I bet they will find a way to make this issue clear in a shocking enough manner to spread beyond the establishment blackout.

Man, talk about an October surprise!

And think about this. Google, Facebook, Twitter and others knew that this existed when they did their massive censorship campaign. If there is pedophilia in this material, and it looks like there is, what does that make them for trying to cover it up?

That makes them evil. That makes them accomplices to pedophilia. 

That's what.

Michael

Heh heh heh...

This is the stuff that spreads it.

And so does this:

It would be easy to be better against an enemy who was better. Like Jack P said, there was that thing of Borat doctoring a scene to make it look like Rudy was fondling his dick. I also seem to remember a porn star in all the media not too long ago saying President Trump's dick looked like a mushroom. And there was that stuff about hiring hookers to piss on a mattress. 

Be better when the enemy fights like that, right Mike?

Don't worry. The corruption issues are not going anywhere. This is a full story about corrupt people in all areas of their lives, not a partial story. And people--voting people--are talking about both like crazy right now.

Anyway, tut-tut-tutting about celebrity porn being shared gets people as curious as all get out on its own.

And, even though it's unseemly, disgusting, blah blah blah, this stuff works. I personally think it's a great weapon to help neutralize the voter fraud the Dems have been promoting. It sure as hell beats complaining about losing because "they cheated."

Steve Bannon's animal of resonance is the honey badger. They fucked with him hard. Now they know. They should not have fucked with him.

Michael

On 10/22/2020 at 7:54 PM, Dglgmut said:

How can you talk about leftism if you can't identify it? Identify, then evaluate, right?

But besides that, describing leftism as a body of ideas and stories just doesn't work--there's disconfirming evidence available. There is no coherent story, the narrative is a blatant contrariety completely dependent on the other side. The leftist narrative is reactive, it doesn't grow out of itself.

Leftism is not an ideology. You ID it through folks who say that's their position. Try socialism.

--Brant