On 7/1/2021 at 3:38 PM, caroljane said:

who Shot Ashley Babbit?

Popular delusions and the madness of crowds.  Take my word.

Respectfully, 

William James

One of the greatest books ever

• Upvote 1

Were the Founding Fathers to turn their minds to the constitution/founding documents in the modern era, what could they have added to further protect the checks and balances and to mitigate big government, cronyism, and the deep state itself?

Some suggestions, please add to the list

- fix the number of Supreme Court Justices

- explicitly include "property" as a right co-equal with rights to life and liberty

-explicit limit on size/budget of government based on whole population and GDP

-explicit limits on taxation

-explicit forbidding of the draft or similar forms of direct enslavement by Govt

-explicit limits on salary of any government employee or contractor to previous salaries earned in private economy shielded by so many degrees of separation from any government influence or funding

-explicit limitations on types of government roles and regulatory reach

Some of the above may not be particularly good, others added might be much better, but to my mind, perversion of the proper state only occurs when its perversion is possible and open to individuals seeking to unjustly benefit from it, by twisting and abusing it. 

IF there would be no unjust benefit gained from government, government would not attract those types who otherwise would seek out easy routes to fortune and power.  Without the incentive in the first place, the self-reinforcing viscous circle of ever growing power hungry corrupt government would not exist.  Without over-reaching government power, cronyism becomes less efficient or appealing, without cushy salaries and insane pensions, swamp creatures become more rare, and without the power of any cunning spider of a person to overturn those measures in place to restrain such things, perhaps the corruption of government could be successfully prevented.

Instead of an ever growing scream as from a microphone in an amplification loop, vice would fade into silent echos, whenever it attempted to bark in the face of freedom.

Any ideas?

Here are some old letters or segments of letters.

I am fearful of a Constitutional Convention UNLESS it has a strictly defined *script* and our representatives at the convention are men of honor. Is that possible? Does the checkered history of the first Convention show us the way to safely proceed? . . . . I doubt that the Federal Government could exist on the voluntary system Rand promoted, especially in an emergency, or war. However, war bonds, savings bonds, etc., added to paying for services, and a national lottery, could keep mandatory taxation to a minimum. Could we have defeated the world domination of Hitler or The Soviet Union without mandatory taxation? No. Peter

Replying to what would keep the American Constitution going until the year 2500, Constitutional scholar, George H. Smith wrote: First, the 1936 Supreme Court decision "United States v. Butler" would need to be overturned. This is where Alexander Hamilton's broad interpretation of the "general welfare" clause was explicitly adopted, thereby gutting the enumerated powers doctrine advocated by Jefferson and other strict constructionists . . . . Second, the Supreme Court would need to wake up to the fact that we have a Ninth Amendment: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people." end quote

From: Jimmy Wales To: atlantis Subject: ATL: One Amendment Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 12:04:27 -0700 In the vein of the question about a bill of rights for a hypothetical Iraqi constitution, here's a similar question: if you had the power to put into place one amendment to the United States constitution, what would it be?

I got this idea from libertarian law professor Eugene Volokh:

http://volokh.blogspot.com/2003_02_23_volokh_archive.html#90381314

Be sure to read his post for all the "rules of the challenge" so to speak.

My own suggestion, as you might have guessed from my comments earlier today, would be an amendment modifying the Article I, section 9 power to spend money: "No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law; and a regular statement and account of receipts and expenditures of all public money shall be published from time to time."

My amendment would read:

Section 1. No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary.

Section 2.  The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived, without apportionment among the several states, and without regard to any census or enumeration, whenever two thirds of both houses shall deem it necessary.

The essential idea here is to restrain the size of government by raising the bar.  This would not result in overnight perfection, obviously, but it would help a great deal, I think. --Jimbo

2004/ Liberty & Power: Group Blog Peter Schwartz and the Abandonment of Rand’s Radical Legacy, Part I Introduction For several years now, I’ve been engaged in a critique of the foreign policy writings of various Objectivists, who, I believe, have abandoned Ayn Rand’s radical insights on the nature of U.S. politics. For those who are not Ayn Rand fans or who don’t care one iota what Objectivists have to say on U.S. foreign policy, this week’s five-part series (which begins today) might not provide the requisite excitement. But for those readers who are classical liberals and libertarians, and who see, on a daily basis, the erosion of the noninterventionist tradition of liberalism, this series will have some merit. Suffice it to say: In fighting for Rand’s radical legacy, I’m fighting simultaneously for that noninterventionist tradition that stands opposed to the welfare-warfare state, while seeking to comprehend the inextricable relationship between the “welfare” and the “warfare” part of that equation.

The Deep State (and, by extension, China) uses the alternative lifestyle communities for political ends.

And the idiots keep falling for it.

Well, here's what happens when the masks come off--and this goes for all authoritarians.

This is just a fingerprint on a scratch on the top of the iceberg.

The so-called critical theory idiots of all stripes wanted China and the people who suck up to China. They said China was far better than the USA, even in capitalism.

Well, China is what they got.

Enjoy, idiots.

Let's see if China is better for you than the USA when the killing starts.

Like Rand said (Galt's speech), "Facts cannot be altered by a wish, but they can destroy the wisher."

Michael

Via "Major Patriot" at GAB:

"Haitian President gets whacked
Causes Clintons to trend on Twitter
Trump sues Google, Twitter & Facebook
Pennsylvania goes Full Forensic Audit
Survey says over half of population think someone else is running the country
Joe Biden failed July 4th vaccine target-goal so bad he's sending out storm troopers with syringes to every American door

"Deep State's having a bad week"

https://gab.com/MajorPatriot/posts/106540475862763829

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThatGuy said:

Trump sues Google, Twitter & Facebook

I just now saw part of the livestream.

President Trump Announces Lawsuits Against Twitter, Google and Facebook CEOs — Asks for Punitive Damages – Via RSBN on Rumble

There will eventually be better information, but for now, President Trump said that there are many other people in talks to join in on a class action suit.

Brook Rollins from the America First Policy Institute opened the presser today with a powerful speech.

President Trump announced that he will ask for punitive damages from the anti-American social media companies.

Trump called the tech giants the forces of “illegal, unconstitutional censorship.”\

Brook Rollins was asked where people can go to join in the lawsuits. She said it was a great question and gave the following URL to find out how:

https://takeonbigtech.com

For the time being, this redirects to a site called Constitutional Litigation Partnership, but I imagine that will change before long.

Also, there is a video on that site that is a replay on Rumble of the presser. Here is the video.

Constitutional Litigation Partnership (pressor on Rumble)

image.png

The beginning of that video is silence. Brook Robbins comes on at about 6:59 and President Trump comes on at 11:50.

Before anyone says they are private companies, remember that they were granted immunity from prosecution, they were funded by government money, they hold huge government contracts and on and on.

What's worse, as President Trump laid out in his talk, they are on record in collusion with government people about government policies.

There are four great things, to me, about this lawsuit (four among many that I am listing).

1. "A" team lawyers.

2. It's an open-ended class action case where people can join.

3. More suits will emerge

4. Not only are the companies being sued, the CEOs of those companies are being sued as individuals.

This will drag on for at least a couple of years, but what a great campaign issue.

:) 

Michael

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Mark Zuckerberg said Happy Independence Day to America and the world in this manner.

This is not satire. It's not a meme. It's what Zuckerberg and his people did.

image.png

(He should be shot on cringe alone. He's probably dreaming of one-upping Putin bare-chested in the wilderness and on a horse. :) )

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

The Deep State (and, by extension, China) uses the alternative lifestyle communities for political ends.

And the idiots keep falling for it.

Well, here's what happens when the masks come off--and this goes for all authoritarians.

This is just a fingerprint on a scratch on the top of the iceberg.

The so-called critical theory idiots of all stripes wanted China and the people who suck up to China. They said China was far better than the USA, even in capitalism.

Well, China is what they got.

Enjoy, idiots.

Let's see if China is better for you than the USA when the killing starts.

Like Rand said (Galt's speech), "Facts cannot be altered by a wish, but they can destroy the wisher."

Michael

A good friend of mine in high school was very gifted at languages.(white guy) I remember one day he was on the phone for a job interview with a high end Chinese restaurant.  The interview was conducted in Cantonese.  (I was just listening to the one end of the conversation). Near the end I could tell that the interviewer asked for his name. “Andrew D.” He replied.  Well then Andy explained to me afterwards that the guy shat himself “what? Your a white guy?!!!! Your fucking hired man!”  Reason being was his inflection was so perfect and no “accent” at all.   Anyways Andrew and I used to train, beat the crap out of each other lol.  The guy was as fearless and perhaps even crazier than me!.

He ended up going to University in China and was present during the Tiananmen Square massacre.. Only time in his life had ever been truly scared/horrified.  Needless to say he hit up the first plane home.

58 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

1. "A" team lawyers.

I just found out one of the leading attorneys is John Coale, the guy who helped take down the influence of the big tobacco lobby and, up to a point, big tobacco itself. (Now big tobacco is into weed, which should be more chill as a leading product. :) )

This class action lawsuit against big tech is going to be one hell of a show.

Michael

On 5/29/2021 at 10:05 PM, Peter said:
On 5/29/2021 at 3:38 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

That information gap is your hidden frame.

From CBS News: The Department of Justice said as of Thursday, they had arrested approximately 440 people in connection with the Capitol riot on January 6.

Link to the May 7 CBS News article: 440 have been arrested in the Capitol riot investigation but the FBI is still looking for suspects accused of vicious attacks on officers - CBS News

On 5/29/2021 at 10:05 PM, Peter said:

["]But four months after the attack, the FBI is still searching for suspects accused of vicious attacks on officers and members of the media. Of the 440 arrested so far, CBS News has independently reviewed the cases of 400 defendants. More than 100 of those were charged with assaulting, resisting or impeding officers or employees, including more than 35 charged with using a deadly or dangerous weapon. Around 140 officers were assaulted that day, the Justice Department has said, and the search continues for some of the most high-profile assailants.["]

That CBS news article has been updated in subsequent articles, the latest of which is: What we know about the Capitol riot arrests - CBS News

Here's some news that reports on a massive database being organized to keep track of forensic details: Feds agree to pay $6.1M to create database for Capitol riot prosecutions

The Justice Department has agreed to pay $6.1 million to a technology contractor to create a massive database of videos, photographs, documents and social media posts related to the Capitol riot as part of the process of turning relevant evidence over to defense attorneys for the more than 500 people facing criminal charges in the Jan. 6 events, according to a court filing and government records.

To take on the daunting task, the federal government has turned to Deloitte Financial Advisory Services, a firm prosecutors called “a litigation support vendor with extensive experience providing complex litigation technology services.”

Prosecutors are trying to organize thousands of hours of body-worn camera footage, closed-circuit surveillance camera footage, more than a million social media videos, data from phones and email accounts, and the responses to more than 6,000 grand jury subpoenas, according to a court filing Thursday.

“Following the Capitol Breach, the United States recognized that due to the nature and volume of materials being collected, the government would require the use of an outside contractor who could provide litigation technology support services to include highly technical and specialized data and document processing and review capabilities,” Assistant U.S. Attorneys Nadia Moore and William Dreher wrote in their submission [...]

43 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Here's some news that reports on a massive database being organized to keep track of forensic details:

That sounds like the right thing to do. If you riot and attack the police in this age of "body cams and camera phones everywhere" you are not just acting violently but stupidly too. Unless you don't care.  I see it as an attack on our basic system and Constitution. Being "peed off" and suspicious, even with some evidence . . . does not condone any level of deliberate violence, maiming, or death. 

I want to leave a thought here that I haven't seen anyone express so far.

Everybody is asking who killed Ashli Babbitt. Even President Trump asked this.

The press on this point has made me want to vomit. They don't talk about it except for a few times, and then, they all dance around the issue as if dancing around issues were a virtue.

Well, here's the big hungry angry rhinoceros shitting in the room that no one wants to mention. Ashli was a pretty white girl and the guy who shot her in the head in cold blood was a black police officer, a fed at that.

That's the issue. The fucking story the mainstream idiots want to perpetuate in order to bolster BLM and Antifa, etc. Murder to them is not as important as the story they want to tell.

Well, no one blanks out murder. It happens.

And we need to tell the story of this one. Look at the mess the mainstream story made.

Anywho, no links or further discussion right now because I'm going on a small trip in a few minutes. I will be back Sunday. Gonna see the Land of Lincoln with Kat tooling around the old Route 66 (now renamed).

I don't expect to look at an Internet screen while we are travelling. 

Gotta unplug.

Be good, kids...

See ya' soon.

:) 

Michael

• Upvote 1
  • Smile 1

Transcript and video of former president Donald Trump's July 7 announcement at Rev.com's blog: Donald Trump Press Conference Announcement Transcript: Sues Facebook, Twitter, Google Over Censorship Claims - Rev

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Everybody is asking who killed Ashli Babbitt. Even President Trump asked this.

Trump raised the matter after this question by a reporter:

Just to clarify, who should be the arbiter of what’s hate, what’s offensive, what should not be published? What goes beyond free speech? And because so much of this your banning has to do with comments you made around January 6th, just to clarify further, what did you do to stop the insurrection as some people call it and why were you not able to stop it?

Trump's response:

So that whole event, unfortunate event just went through Congress and a report was issued and my name wasn’t even mentioned. And I appreciate that. I was surprised frankly because I would have assumed that they would have come up with their typically biased, at least on the Democrat side statement. The report came out as you saw it two weeks ago. My name wasn’t even mentioned, that was an unfortunate event. I say though however, people are being treated unbelievably unfairly. When you look at people in prison and nothing happens to Antifa and they burned down cities and killed people. There were no guns in the Capitol except for the gun that shot Ashli Babbitt. And nobody knows who that men were.

The press on this point has made me want to vomit. They don't talk about it except for a few time, and then, they all dance around the issue as if dancing around issues were a virtue.

Well, here's the big hungry angry rhinoceros shitting in the room that no one wants to mention. Ashli was a pretty white girl and the guy who shot her in the head in cold blood was a black police officer, a fed at that.

She was not shot in the head by the US Capitol Police officer.

That's the issue. The fucking story the mainstream idiots want to perpetuate in order to bolster BLM and Antifa, etc. Murder to them is not as important as the story they want to tell.

Well, no one blanks out murder. It happens.

And we need to tell the story of this one. Look at the mess the mainstream story made.

Search term Ashli Babbitt ...

She was shot and mortally wounded, does the wound placement reflect anything relevant to her death? It would in a forensic study of her killing , especially if she were found dead , but since her death is recorded on video , the question of who killed her and how   she was killed is literally on tape, no questions you know except who killed her.

Any links to coverage of the rioters killing a Capitol police officer by repeatedly bashing him with a fire extinguisher?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, tmj said:

She was shot and mortally wounded, does the wound placement reflect anything relevant to her death? It would in a forensic study of her killing , especially if she were found dead , but since her death is recorded on video , the question of who killed her and how   she was killed is literally on tape, no questions you know except who killed her.

Any links to coverage of the rioters killing a Capitol police officer by repeatedly bashing him with a fire extinguisher?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/apr/19/brian-sicknick-capitol-attack-cause-of-death

It is sickening how long the authorities (and tame and gloating MSM) managed to hold back/sit on the forensic evidence of the officer's true cause of death (for political purposes, without doubt), and I saw Babbitt's slaying - a premeditated shooting lacking clear and present danger, it appeared to me - and no officer named yet? Unbelievable.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Peter said:

That sounds like the right thing to do. If you riot and attack the police in this age of "body cams and camera phones everywhere" you are not just acting violently but stupidly too. Unless you don't care.  I see it as an attack on our basic system and Constitution. Being "peed off" and suspicious, even with some evidence . . . does not condone any level of deliberate violence, maiming, or death. 

Wear sensible shoes; one is advised not to step on any Lego's, as they leave an indelible mark on the soft tender underside of the foot...

Legos have a reputation as being the bane of barefoot pedestrians. But their history is much more than that, as is their contribution to the development of young minds. Their motto was "The Lego Group's motto, "only the best is good enough".

From WIKIPEDIA:

The Lego Group began manufacturing the interlocking toy bricks in 1949. Movies, games, competitions and eight Legoland amusement parks have been developed under the brand. As of July 2015, 600 billion Lego parts had been produced.[5]

The Lego Group began in the workshop of Ole Kirk Christiansen (1891–1958), a carpenter from Billund, Denmark, who began making wooden toys in 1932.[6][7] In 1934, his company came to be called "Lego", derived from the Danish phrase leg godt [lɑjˀ ˈgʌd],[8][9] which means "play well".[10] In 1947, Lego expanded to begin producing plastic toys.[11] In 1949 Lego began producing, among other new products, an early version of the now familiar interlocking bricks, calling them "Automatic Binding Bricks". These bricks were based on the Kiddicraft Self-Locking Bricks, which had been patented in the United Kingdom in 1939[12] and released in 1947. Lego had received a sample of the Kiddicraft bricks from the supplier of an injection-molding machine that it purchased.[13] The bricks, originally manufactured from cellulose acetate,[14] were a development of the traditional stackable wooden blocks of the time.[11]

The Lego Group's motto, "only the best is good enough"[15] (Danish: det bedste er ikke for godt, literally "the best isn't excessively good") was created in 1936.[7] This motto, which is still used today, was created by Christiansen to encourage his employees never to skimp on quality, a value he believed in strongly.[7] By 1951 plastic toys accounted for half of the Lego company's output, even though the Danish trade magazine Legetøjs-Tidende ("Toy Times"), visiting the Lego factory in Billund in the early 1950s, felt that plastic would never be able to replace traditional wooden toys.[16] Although a common sentiment, Lego toys seem to have become a significant exception to the dislike of plastic in children's toys, due in part to the high standards set by Ole Kirk.[17]

By 1954, Christiansen's son, Godtfred, had become the junior managing director of the Lego Group.[16] It was his conversation with an overseas buyer that led to the idea of a toy system. Godtfred saw the immense potential in Lego bricks to become a system for creative play, but the bricks still had some problems from a technical standpoint: their locking ability was limited and they were not versatile.[3] In 1958, the modern brick design was developed; it took five years to find the right material for it, ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) polymer.[13][14] A patent application for the modern Lego brick design was filed in Denmark on 28 January 1958, and in various other countries in the subsequent few years.[18][19]

170px-LEGO_Building_At_KSC.jpg

Lego building at NASA's Kennedy Space Center

The Lego Group's Duplo product line was introduced in 1969 and is a range of simple blocks whose lengths measure twice the width, height, and depth of standard Lego blocks and are aimed towards younger children.[16][20]

In 1978, Lego produced the first minifigures, which have since become a staple in most sets.[21]

In May 2011, Space Shuttle Endeavour mission STS-134 brought 13 Lego kits to the International Space Station, where astronauts built models to see how they would react in microgravity, as a part of the Lego Bricks in Space program.[22][23]

In May 2013, the largest model ever created was displayed in New York City and was made of over 5 million bricks; a 1:1 scale model of an X-wing fighter.[24] Other records include a 34-metre (112 ft) tower[25] and a 4 km (2.5 mi) railway.[26][27]

In February 2015, Lego replaced Ferrari as the "world's most powerful brand."[28][29] They were at position 378 of Brand Finances global brand ranking.[citation needed]

In popular culture

Main article: Lego in popular culture

Lego's popularity is demonstrated by its wide representation and usage in many forms of cultural works, including books, films and art work. It has even been used in the classroom as a teaching tool.[30] In the US, Lego Education North America is a joint venture between Pitsco, Inc. and the educational division of the Lego Group.[31]

In 1998, Lego bricks were one of the original inductees into the National Toy Hall of Fame at The Strong in Rochester, New York.[32]

Lego pieces of all varieties constitute a universal system. Despite variation in the design and the purposes of individual pieces over the years, each piece remains compatible in some way with existing pieces. Lego bricks from 1958 still interlock with those made in the current time, and Lego sets for young children are compatible with those made for teenagers. Six bricks of 2 × 4 studs[33] can be combined in 915,103,765 ways.[34]

Each Lego piece must be manufactured to an exacting degree of precision. When two pieces are engaged they must fit firmly, yet be easily disassembled. The machines that manufacture Lego bricks have tolerances as small as 10 micrometres.[35]

220px-Lego_dimensions.svg.png

Dimensions of some standard Lego bricks and plates[36][37]

Primary concept and development work takes place at the Billund headquarters, where the company employs approximately 120 designers. The company also has smaller design offices in the UK, Spain, Germany, and Japan which are tasked with developing products aimed specifically at these markets. The average development period for a new product is around twelve months, split into three stages. The first stage is to identify market trends and developments, including contact by the designers directly with the market; some are stationed in toy shops close to holidays, while others interview children. The second stage is the design and development of the product based upon the results of the first stage. As of September 2008 the design teams use 3D modelling software to generate CAD drawings from initial design sketches. The designs are then prototyped using an in-house stereolithography machine. These prototypes are presented to the entire project team for comment and for testing by parents and children during the "validation" process. Designs may then be altered in accordance with the results from the focus groups. Virtual models of completed Lego products are built concurrently with the writing of the user instructions. Completed CAD models are also used in the wider organisation, for marketing and packaging.[38]

Lego Digital Designer is an official piece of Lego software for Mac OS X and Windows which allows users to create their own digital Lego designs.[39] The program once allowed customers to order their custom designs[40] with a service to ship physical models from Digital Designer to consumers; the service ended in 2012.[41]

Manufacturing

220px-Kladno_CZ_LEGO_factory_from_NE_007

The Lego factory in Kladno, Czech Republic
220px-Arburg_Lego.png

Lego injection moulding machines, made by the German company Arburg

Since 1963, Lego pieces have been manufactured from a strong, resilient plastic known as acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS).[14][35] As of September 2008, Lego engineers use the NX CAD/CAM/CAE PLM software suite to model the elements. The software allows the parts to be optimised by way of mould flow and stress analysis. Prototype moulds are sometimes built before the design is committed to mass production. The ABS plastic is heated to 232 °C (450 °F) until it reaches a dough-like consistency. It is then injected into the moulds using forces of between 25 and 150 tonnes, and takes approximately 15 seconds to cool. The moulds are permitted a tolerance of up to twenty micrometres, to ensure the bricks remain connected.[38] Human inspectors check the output of the moulds, to eliminate significant variations in colour or thickness. According to the Lego Group, about eighteen bricks out of every million fail to meet the standard required.[42] Lego factories recycle all but about 1 percent of their plastic waste from the manufacturing process. If the plastic cannot be re-used in Lego bricks, it is processed and sold on to industries that can make use of it.[43][44] Lego has a self-imposed 2030 deadline to find a more eco-friendly alternative to the ABS plastic it currently uses in its bricks.[45]

Manufacturing of Lego bricks occurs at several locations around the world. Moulding is done in Billund, Denmark; Nyíregyháza, Hungary; Monterrey, Mexico and most recently in Jiaxing, China. Brick decorations and packaging are done at plants in Denmark, Hungary, Mexico and Kladno in the Czech Republic. The Lego Group estimates that in five decades it has produced 400 billion Lego blocks.[46] Annual production of Lego bricks averages approximately 36 billion, or about 1140 elements per second. According to an article in BusinessWeek in 2006, Lego could be considered the world's number one tyre manufacturer; the factory produces about 306 million small rubber tyres a year.[47] The claim was reiterated in 2012.[48]

In December 2012, the BBC's More or Less radio program asked the Open University's engineering department to determine "how many Lego bricks, stacked one on top of the other, it would take for the weight to destroy the bottom brick?"[49] Using a hydraulic testing machine, the engineering department determined the average maximum force a 2×2 Lego brick can stand is 4,240 newtons; since an average 2×2 Lego brick has a mass of 1.152 grams (0.0406 oz), according to their calculations it would take a stack of 375,000 bricks to cause the bottom brick to collapse, which represents a stack 3,591 metres (11,781 ft) in height.[49]

Private tests have shown several thousand assembly-disassembly cycles before the bricks begin to wear out,[50] although Lego tests show fewer cycles.[51]

In 2018, Lego announced that it will be using bio-derived polyethylene to make its botanical elements (parts such as leaves, bushes and trees).[52] In 2020 the company announced that it would cease packaging its products in single-use plastic bags, and would instead be using recyclable paper bags.[53][54]

Deeply disappointing, Guy. Your lens on life is Lego’s? And the length of your letter? A few brief paragraphs would have illustrated your “play” on life. You remind me of the Star Trek TNG episode featuring Lieutenant Reginald "Reg" Barclay, played by Dwight Schultz.  Going through the transporter he is accosted by an alien . . . . or is that a Lego?  

From the Talmud: “We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.”

Ayn Rand: “We begin as philosophers where we began as babies, at the only place there is to begin: by looking at the world.”

You cause is just. You “feel the need” to punish the offenders. But what happens after that is the crucial point. In the video where the rioter who certainly was rebelling is shot, it is a tragedy that it went that far. But she was breaching the last door before one of the last defenders, a black cop clearly holding a gun at the Capital, and he shot when he saw her gun. The rioters were all white. He was black. Wouldn’t you fear you were about to be shot or lynched? And wouldn’t you do your duty to protect the Capital?       

Notes from the web. Babbitt's grandfather, Tony Mazziott, told "Good Morning America" in an emotional interview that she became an avid supporter of Trump when his bid to become president began. "Ever since he was running for election, back in 2015, she's been bananas over Trump," he said. "She thinks he's the final coming of the Lord, I guess."

Wikipedia: Timothy James McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was an American domestic terrorist who carried out the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing that killed 168 people, 19 of whom were children, and injured more than 680 others, and destroyed one third of the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building. The bombing was the deadliest act of terrorism in the United States prior to the September 11 attacks. It remains one of the deadliest acts of domestic terrorism in U.S. history. A Gulf War veteran, McVeigh sought revenge against the federal government for the 1993 Waco siege that ended in the deaths of 86 people, many of whom were children, as well as the 1992 Ruby Ridge incident and American foreign policy. He hoped to inspire a revolution against the federal government, and defended the bombing as a legitimate tactic against what he saw as a tyrannical government. He was arrested shortly after the bombing and indicted on 160 state offenses and 11 federal offenses, including the use of a weapon of mass destruction. He was found guilty on all counts in 1997 and sentenced to death. McVeigh was executed by lethal injection on June 11, 2001, at the Federal Correctional Complex in Terre Haute, Indiana. His execution was carried out in a considerably shorter time than most inmates awaiting the death penalty.

He shot when he saw her gun?

I haven’t heard that any fire arms were confiscated in the Capitol.

Are you arguing that an exculpatory reason could be applied to the shooter’s use of force in that the shooter had a rational belief the rioters were racially motivated and his race placed him in danger ?

I don’t think even Joy Reid has had the temerity to go there.

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Deeply disappointing, Guy. Your lens on life is Lego’s? And the length of your letter? A few brief paragraphs would have illustrated your “play” on life. You remind me of the Star Trek TNG episode featuring Lieutenant Reginald "Reg" Barclay, played by Dwight Schultz.  Going through the transporter he is accosted by an alien . . . . or is that a Lego?  

From the Talmud: “We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are.”

Ayn Rand: “We begin as philosophers where we began as babies, at the only place there is to begin: by looking at the world.”

Aww, Lego my Eggo, Petey. You're sploshin' around in the Kool-Aid, and you don't even know the flavor.

Is your child's toybox breeding Insurrectionists?

"FBI Claims Sauron Had LEGO Model Of Minas Tirith In His Bedroom"

https://babylonbee.com/news/fbi-claims-sauron-had-lego-model-of-minas-tirith-in-his-bedroom

"Twitter laughs off report that FBI seized Capitol Lego set from alleged riot leader: ‘This isn’t satire’

'Not just a partially assembled Lego set. A fully assembled Lego set. Chilling,' Michael Tracey snarked

https://www.foxnews.com/media/fbi-seizes-legos

1 hour ago, Peter said:

And the length of your letter? A few brief paragraphs would have illustrated your “play” on life.

"Where did you get it? ANSWER ME! Who taught you how to do this stuff?"
"It was YOU, alright! I learned it by watching YOU!"
("Parents who do drugs have kids who do drugs...")

This is your brain on drugs. Joke. "Drugs are bad, mmkay?" Stay in school, kids.

I tried searching the ATLANTIS/OWL archives for references by Jimmy Wales (or even Roland Pericles) for lengthy passages of rambling and tangential free-associations, but I had better things to do, so I will have to defer to the double-edged sword that is Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_learned_it_by_watching_you!

"Like Father, Like Son", also known as I learned it by watching you!, was a large-scale United States anti-narcotics campaign by Partnership for a Drug-Free America. Launched in July 1987, the campaign used a televised public service announcement.
The PSA features a father confronting his son (Reid MacLean) in his bedroom after finding a box containing an unspecified controlled substance and drug paraphernalia. After his father angrily asks him how he learned to use drugs, the son shouts, "You, alright?! I learned it by watching you!" As the father recoils from realizing the error of his own ways, a narrator then intones, "Parents who use drugs have children who use drugs."
It was listed by Time as one of the top ten PSAs of all time.[1]
Contents
    •    1 In popular culture
    •    2 See also
    •    3 References
    •    4 External links
In popular culture
Much like another anti-drug PSA, This Is Your Brain on Drugs, this campaign has been parodied multiple times.
Mad TV spoofed the PSA, with a mother and father confronting their teen about his cotton swab addiction. The teen admits he got his addiction from his parents.
It was parodied in a 2005 episode of Robot Chicken episode "Toy Meets Girl" as a sketch called "Watching You" where the son screams at his dad that he learned about crossdressing from watching his father.[2]
It was parodied in a 2006 episode of Scrubs episode "My Déjà Vu, My Déjà" in a fantasy sequence where J.D. finds a coffee maker under Billy Dorian's bed. Asking where he got it, Billy tells his father he learned it from watching him.
It was also parodied in a 2007 Xavier: Renegade Angel episode "Pet Siouxicide." In the episode, Xavier extracts Native American blood from an Indian burial ground and injects it into an oil baron. Later, the oil baron is seen injecting himself with Native American blood. When Xavier asks him where he learned to do that, he replies, "From you alright, I learned from watching you."[3]
It was also parodied in the 2011 The Cleveland Show episode "Your Show Of Shows." In the episode, Rallo breaks his hand while trying to break a board practicing for the school talent show. When Donna asks him what made him think he could do it, he replies, "I learned it from you, Mom! I learned it from watching you!" with an announcer saying "Parents who do karate, have children who do karate."
It was parodied in a 2012 commercial for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese called "A Father's Lesson" where the father asks his son where he learned to skim mac & cheese with an announcer saying "Parents who skim mac & cheese, have kids who skim mac & cheese".
It was parodied in a 2016 Studio C sketch "This Song Is My Jam". In the sketch, parents confront their child over his dubious taste in music, only to learn that he developed his preferences based on what they listen to.
It was parodied in the 2011 film The Cabin in the Woods. In the film, the character Jules, played by Anna Hutchison, is asked by her boyfriend, Curt, played by Chris Hemsworth, who told her about her sociology texts. "From you, all right? I learned it from you!" she screams, and stomps off.
See also
    •    War on Drugs

If she'd had a weapon I'd sing a different tune. But no gun visible or reported at the inquest, although she was carrying a knapsack. Peter, what disturbed me is there was no warning given that I heard and the guard was out of line of sight and didn't seem to want to make his presence noticed, so it looked like an ambush. (Also can't figure why she wasn't stopped by the guards right next to her outside the door when she was banging on it and climbed through). In general, I don't disagree, a stupid woman - you place yourself in harm's way, occupy illegally, or resist (!) lawful arrest, you are taking chances with your life and perhaps had it coming when things go awry.

10 hours ago, tmj said:

He shot when he saw her gun?

I watched a video of the shooting and then did another search and "an official someone" said the women showed a gun. Sorry I did not mark the site. The officer had his gun out so everyone trying to break in his door could see it but suddenly he sees a gun on someone and shoots. I hope everyone will closely watch the video.