Donald Trump

Michael wrote over several letters: His supporters know that in carrying out the solution and getting rid of illegal situations, many unexpected things happen and they trust he will deal with them in the best, most common sense, manner as they arise. What will the word people do? Will they even consider the problem? Hell no . . . . The theory goes that since Trump's image (and self-image) is based on him being a winner, if he loses Iowa, his campaign and his will to fight will collapse. (yawn . . . .) . . . . (Trump is reported to have an IQ of 135 and, as people are slowly beginning to realize, he's as disciplined as a Marine drill sergeant.)
end quote

Interesting theory. So it is not what his solutions are? It is about how Trump phrases those solutions? Could be. I thought Trump was a bit sweet with Putin but other than that and a few other quibbles, why, golly Goober, I actually agree with Donald Trump. Who had that list of Trump gaffs that should have sunk his campaign? It is a bit awe inspiring when you consider the idea that his supposed gaffs were actually well thought out campaign positions, phrased in just the right way, to become free press and publicity. But can that win an election that may be down to a margin of two percent of the swing voters?
Peter

Marc wrote: You need a Rubio to beat a Clinton. No one else could. Rubio gets the Reagan Democrats whom Trump and this board claim will put DT in the chair. Rubio gets the Hispanics. Rubio gets the woman vote . . . . Ok , cute story but how does that make him sensitive? My wife is from communist Cuba and played volleyball, but she has never called me the Marc. Although, I would love that! . . . I really could not give a f--- about Susan Estrich . . . . Rubio will pick a Trump endorsed VP. . . . . . . . I hardly ever get quoted here (for good), but I will take this as compliment towards me Brant for posting an article stating what I have been stating all along! Gracias,

end quote

I knew it! We are NOW on to you Marc. You ain’t no “marc.” Heck no - it’s Marco, everyone! Marc is actually Marco Rubio using a barely hidden pseudonym. Welcome to OL, Senator.

But wait until The Press catches on. They will be reviewing Marco’s every word here. Is that a campaign killer? Mr. Rubio, you need to be more careful.

Peter

Love it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Just for the record though - I do not love Rubio , this thread is about will Trump be Prez . I state an emphatic " NO ! " .

Which leads to the question , " who will win ? "

Uhhh , obvi its Marc Rubio , ummm , uhhh I mean Senator Marco Rubio !

I like my wife , my first daughter Kira , my vacation destinations , my cigars , my coffee and ( my ) President Cuban !

...Trump Who had that list of Trump gaffs...

Truths are not "gaffs."

Like Axelrod told President Obama " sometimes in politics you pick the time , and sometimes the time picks you "

The time has clearly picked Senator Rubio to be ( our ) next President .

Does anyone know how I could get US citizenship in time to actually vote for Senator Rubio for President ?

I have good health , no criminal record , cash in the bank , and a startup that will be able to be domiciled in the US , and my head office will be in LA .

Serious question please , I want to vote Rubio

... theyre dumb because of the complexity of politics...

Geoff,

This is probably where we disagree on a fundamental. Politics is simple--very simple, not complex. The politicians like to make it appear complex for obvious reasons of self-aggrandizement and deception, but it's as simple as wielding power to achieve a desired outcome.

Which outcome does a politician truly desire? The one he says or another? That is the million dollar question. And the answer is usually quite simple.

Im not seeing depth in his debating tactics.

You're right. There is no depth, nor does Trump have any intention of providing any. Just clarity about the outcomes to problems he wants to resolve.

(Trump is reported to have an IQ of 135 and, as people are slowly beginning to realize, he's as disciplined as a Marine drill sergeant.)

Think of Reagan's phrase about the outcome of the Cold War: "We win, they lose."

Everybody said the Cold War was too complicated to end.

No it wasn't. It was simple.

Simple ended it.

Not depth.

:smile:

Michael

Its a good case you lay out and you do so with solid examples. Im not arguing this with you now, just my 2 cents.

Your perspective has informed you of how politics is simple. I too appreciate the simplicity in the way AR put forth her limited government thesis. Thats my gold standard of governments proper role. Its been soundly rejected by the governed, imo.

Reagans meme re, "Im from the govt and Im here to help" distilled his limited government approach while spending tripled. His IQ was said to be 105.

This is just trivia, of course as is FDR's reported IQ of 145. ) There was something machiavellian in selling his bill of goods vs simple honest explication.

Listening to the debates and watching the subsequent rise in polls for Rubio and Cruz has been interesting. Their popularity has risen in the wake of Trumps being unable to answer policy questions with much specificity or comprehension. The contrasting styles of the pairs lend credence to an argument of Trumps being unable to wrap his head around the grinding political resolutions. I might get more out of it if I seriously studied the matter. On the surface, it being a debate, Trump was less substantive than others although maybe more clear. He said himself that he brought the subject of immigration to the forefront so he certainly deserves that credit, imo. When the answer to sending 20M illegals home was posited as an impossible goal is when his level headed answers strayed from public consumption.

Whether he wants the presidency to satisfy his ego or wants the loftier goal of intervening in governments heavy hand or not, (Im not sure witch) as inspiring as it has become on some level, his command presence is going to be challenged like no others. It will mostly take place off stage in the minds of "confused" voters. )

Its as engaging as are your posts, Michael. I throughly enjoy your insights.

Wolf wrote: Congress can't. Bush and Rubio won't. Christie is a used car salesman. It has to be Trump or Cruz. Between them, Trump is a private sector dealmaker, Cruz a neo-con zionist hawk. Cruz loses to Hillary. Trump tells her she's fat and ugly. I think most independent American voters would like to see Hillary insulted repeatedly. Trump wins.
end quote

Wolf, you just nailed the carnival factor of DT. He makes it fun. I think even Hillary’s supporters are just waiting to hear Donald Trump’s insluts. Oops I mean insults, just as they cherished those SNL skits using several actresses portraying Hillary. The over serious candidates like Old Hickory and Jeb need to be ribbed, but Donald ribs himself.

I think the chances of Trump picking Cruz or Rubio will narrow down to the percentage points they add to his campaign but it will be one or the other though Carly has an outside chance as VP if she can garner female voters. Personally, I think Rubio may have the edge over Cruz despite Trump’s occasional belittlement of him.

After New Years, the primaries will seem so much closer.

Peter

Like Axelrod told President Obama " sometimes in politics you pick the time , and sometimes the time picks you "

Does anyone know how I could get US citizenship in time to actually vote for Senator Rubio for President ?

I have good health , no criminal record , cash in the bank , and a startup that will be able to be domiciled in the US , and my head office will be in LA .

No problem...for 10,000 American Gold Dollars we can get you across illegally and guarantee your right to vote in one of our L.A. precincts.

A...

This is a war , and DT does not have the guns , the money and most importantly the will to fight .

Marc,

You mean like this warm-up?

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Michael

No sir !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trump is playing a game with Clinton and I love it ! That tweet was hilarious and beautiful and very accurate .

The issue I mean is the current war that is starting , I mean the one for the nominee . Trump v Clinton is an impossibility . So who cares about a war that cannot happen . Trump will be back on the island building stuff at 57th and Lexington ( or wherever as I do not even know if those streets meet - we don't use numbers up here, just names ) and lo and behold he will have a higher net worth at that time .

He is literally a genius . One who has no intention of going to fight in a war that he knows he cannot win .

So everyone can keep spouting their views , and their great skills at finding videos on google , and using their intelligence and wit and objectiveness here , but push comes to shove my man , Donald Trump is way slicker , and savvy and richer than all of us combined .

To quote my wonderful and most fav hip hop artist Nicki Minaj " bitches are like crabs in a bucket " , Donald is The Donald my friends and we are all just crabs ( myself included )

You are sounding more and more desperate. If Trump is reading this thread your "genius" hyperbolic flattery might work, not that I'd take that bet.

--Brant

he's still snowballing, btw; and you are now part of the snowball

I aint part of any snowball my man , except my own snowball !

Don't know how I sound more desperate , but if the truth is desperation then I guess you are correct fine sir !!!

No problem...for 10,000 American Gold Dollars we can get you across illegally and guarantee your right to vote in one of our L.A. precincts.

A...

lollllolollllllll !!!!!!!!!! My man !!!!!!!!!!!!! Now thats the Adam/Selene ( what is Selene anyway ? ) whom I love as a poster !!!

I want it legal baby !!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, am I feeling pity for a murder of crows...

Michael

Damn , MSK - best site on the internet !!!!!!!!!!!!

Right here ,

I love the folks , I love the attitude , I love the brilliance ,

This is fun , and really soon its about to get " way more fun "

A...

lollllolollllllll !!!!!!!!!! My man !!!!!!!!!!!!! Now thats the Adam/Selene ( what is Selene anyway ? ) whom I love as a poster !!!

Damn...OK how about a legal absentee ballot for about $5.00?

You have to fill it out yourself though...

A...

No sir !!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr , I want to vote , in LA and take a picture of me in the voting place with my ballot and write " God Bless America and God Bless President Rubio " under the caption .

Then I wanna place that picture on OL , and MSK will then ban me !!!

Not for my views , but for being so damn pretty !

A...

No sir !!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrr , I want to vote , in LA and take a picture of me in the voting place with my ballot and write " God Bless America and God Bless President Rubio " under the caption .

Ah, OK a media event - $250,000.00 should do it.

Hillary Clinton was the first lady , Secretary of State , the Democratic nominee , and potential POTUS .

Respect towards women is what our society needs .

Marc,

Joe (Las Vegas) is one of the good guys...

I think he was mentally riffing off the schlonged thing that we just discussed.

But I agree we need to respect women and he pushed it a bit. But there's a but to that but.

:)

After seeing what Hillary did to Bill's extramarital women, she makes it hard... real hard...

:)

Respect is supposed to be a two-way street.

Michael

A...

No sir !!!!!!

Ah, OK a media event - $250,000.00 should do it.

Damn , only 250k - I am going to take my 2 daughters and mom too for a cool million I get 4 votes for soon to be President Rubio ! My wife will come too but damn , she actually thinks Trump will win !!!!

Although she is so left that she she will vote for Bernie or Hillary .

Ahhhh those Cubans .

But she likes the Cuban Cubans , not the Florida Cubans so Rubio is out I am guessing

Hillary Clinton was the first lady , Secretary of State , the Democratic nominee , and potential POTUS .

Marc,

Joe (Las Vegas) is one of the good guys...

I think he was mentally riffing off the schlonged thing that we just discussed.

But I agree we need to respect women and he pushed it a bit. But there's a but to that but.

After seeing what Hillary did to Bill's extramarital women, she makes it hard... real hard...

Respect is supposed to be a two-way street.

Michael

Everyone on OL is one of the good guys /good gals !

Agreed !!!!!!

Hard , real hard ????? hmmmmmm , there you ago again Senator Kelly

But really , what is your point ?

Great story , Trump is a beautiful and kind person - I agree .

I have emailed Mark Cuban numerous and he answers me sometimes . He is a wonderful human too but sure as fuck I do not want him to run the United States. He helps a lot of folks . I read somewhere that people ask him for money for kidney transplants and shit for kids .

Cuban helps who he wants to help . ABC does not cover that shit either and I feel that Mark Cuban does not seek press on lots of shit .

This thread has evolved into liking Trump / voting for Trump / respecting or disrespecting his way that he manipulates the press / who we WANT to see win POTUS but this thread really is about who will win POTUS , not that he saved someones farm . Good for him . Good for her. Good for the farm .

And this translates how ?

If I save someones farm , do you start preaching that Canadians should be allowed to run for POTUS ??????

Saving your country is the issue .

Jobs

Iran situation

Economy

4 spots on the bench to be appointed

These are the issues and for God sake , this is what folks should be concerned with .

I knew it! We are NOW on to you Marc. You ain’t no “marc.” Heck no - it’s Marco, everyone! Marc is actually Marco Rubio using a barely hidden pseudonym. Welcome to OL, Senator.

Peter,

I want to frame this one.

I wish I had thought of it...

Michael

Frame away gents , just when Rubio gets the chair - refer to me as President Rubio please . For all 8 years

Wouldnt want my post to be misconstrued (it wasnt sent to me) but as I read the article on the point of his wife having reacted to the plight, it occurred to me philanthropy is what rich folks wives do best.

The candidates machine certainly would miss an opportunity to give air time to this story as it would be goobled up for all the saccharine ingredients in the narrative although substance would go missing. Imo, it was simply a nod to his wifes endeavors. His last charitable donation was reported to be in '08.

It could only cast him in a better light than the unsavory details from Ivanas divorce that was granted on the grounds of cruel and inhuman treatment. )

"Trump told the Atlanta businessman that his wife, Ivana, had seen the report on the Hill family’s plight on the network news, and she suggested that he get involved."

http://www.businessinsider.com/theres-something-fishy-about-donald-trumps-charitable-donations-2015-8

Here's a little hello from our future president on Fox and Friends:

I'm not sure if there was an embedded message. Trump said he would much prefer to run against Hillary because he hasn't thought that much about Sanders.

I wonder what that could mean if it means something more than what's on the surface.

Michael

Hey Hillary's promising to do the cigar thing for Billie if he would only help.

-J

Thank heaven that Italy does not make cigars...

Grandfather liked the ginny stinkers. As a kid I snuck a puff only once. Nasty. Can't imagine what they would feel like internally.

Might have been these...it was long ago.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/cigars/12518/parodi-by-avanti/

Damn, nice catch, I forgot about those "stogies."

Some things I'll never forget, like my puff on that stogie. It's right up there with tear gas and the smell of a freshly killed skunk...but I'd bet Hillary's genitalia would trump those three.

Personally I think that that reference is a disgusting attack on all women . To even write that is horrific and it would never be allowed in society to write that about a man . As someone with a beautiful mom , wife and 2 daughters I really believe you should apologize for said comment . Even as a joke , you have no leg to stand on my friend . Man up , and apologize please .

Marc

Respect towards men & women needs to be earned. Should I or do you respect the woman who mowed down the innocents in San Bernadino? How about the suicide bomb carrying women in Afghanistan and Iraq. Talk with our troops who have engaged them. I doubt they respect those animals...and rightfully so.

As for Hillary, I find her to be a disgusting human being. She's a chronic liar, a hypocrite and an ardent advocate of collectivism.

Respect? Heck, I wish she'd just go away...and take Bill the pervert with her.

-J