Nathaniel's lectures on Basic Principles of Objectivism

That's nothing. I have the entire series of the 1968 breakup, including LP recordings of all the dialogue of all the principals. Won it on eBay.

Uh-huh....yeah. Sure you do. And on the flip-side of those LP records are Ted Kennedy's confessions and Elvis's Top 40 Hits from Mars.

LPs on the breakup, on Romantic Love,... I didn't even know such things existed!

I have all the Psychology Q&A lectures now (including doubles of at least 10 LPs which I should get around to putting up on eBay), but boy I certainly have not yet had the time to listen to them all. There has been quite a culture shift since the days they were made... there is one in which Branden discusses "curing" homosexuality. Now of course I totally agree there are some cases where homosexuality is a product of abnormal psychology, but I think our culture today has widespread acceptance that it is also biological.

LPs on the breakup, on Romantic Love,... I didn't even know such things existed!

I have all the Psychology Q&A lectures now (including doubles of at least 10 LPs which I should get around to putting up on eBay), but boy I certainly have not yet had the time to listen to them all. There has been quite a culture shift since the days they were made... there is one in which Branden discusses "curing" homosexuality. Now of course I totally agree there are some cases where homosexuality is a product of abnormal psychology, but I think our culture today has widespread acceptance that it is also biological.

The worst of it is young homosexuals seduced into heterosexuality by predatory older women.

--Brant

The worst of it is young homosexuals seduced into heterosexuality by predatory older women.

--Brant

I feel really sorry for them :(

> The worst of it is young homosexuals seduced into heterosexuality by predatory older women.

I've thought of pretending I'm gay in order to be seduced into heterosexuality. Does it work with younger women? :rolleyes:

> The worst of it is young homosexuals seduced into heterosexuality by predatory older women.

I've thought of pretending I'm gay in order to be seduced into heterosexuality. Does it work with younger women? :rolleyes:

Phil; You are an old sly fox.

Something like this has been done. In Hairspry, Beatty's character is a hairdresser who takes advantage of the gay stereotype, not to make out exactly, but to keep things secret from the husband / father who would otherwise draw the obvious (and correct) conclusion. Playboy once ran a comic strip that used this. In Wycherly's The Country Wife, about 300 years ago, the character pretends to be a eunuch to the same end.

Something like this has been done. In Hairspry, Beatty's character is a hairdresser who takes advantage of the gay stereotype, not to make out exactly, but to keep things secret from the husband / father who would otherwise draw the obvious (and correct) conclusion. Playboy once ran a comic strip that used this. In Wycherly's The Country Wife, about 300 years ago, the character pretends to be a eunuch to the same end.

It's not Hairspray; it's Shampoo.

JR

Reidy, it's nice to see someone familiar with The Country Wife. When I was acting in NY, I played her lady's maid. It was the only play I was ever where I had the stage to myself and a nice piece of dialogue. The husband/eunuch was played by a latin-type who brought down the house each night. Nice memories.

--Brant

What a dreadful fate!

Ba'al Chatzaf

Here is an article that will interest you, "Our Life Expectancy Due To Old Men Seducing Young Women?": http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/004538.html

The author concludes: "I now feel obliged to knock up a beautiful woman once I reach 65 years old. I'm going to do it because I support eugenics for a longer lived human species."

I think you need to be very rich. Get busy on that string of best sellers you've been putting off writing :) .

Working on it, dude :mellow: I"ve managed to trade up from a Toyota Corolla to a nice Buick, that should help.

Edited by Philip Coates

I was informed in a phone inquiry to Laissez Faire Books, that The Vision of Ayn Rand - The Basic Principles of Objectivism has just gone to the printer and should be available in late October.

It is not listed in the Amazon search engine and is not likely to be available directly through Amazon.

I was informed in a phone inquiry to Laissez Faire Books, that The Vision of Ayn Rand - The Basic Principles of Objectivism has just gone to the printer and should be available in late October.

It is not listed in the Amazon search engine and is not likely to be available directly through Amazon.

If it's going to be bound in leather it's going to be expensive.

--Brant

If it's going to be bound in leather it's going to be expensive.

--Brant

The paperback edition is listed at $22.95 on Laissez Faire Books. I assume that the leather and the paperback edition will both be available simultaneously.

Since this book is being published by a "less well known" publisher, I think that I would like to examine the paperback edition before considering the leather bound edition.

• 4 weeks later...

In their just-released email newsletter, Laissez Faire Books is still reporting a publication date for The Vision of Ayn Rand: The Basic Principles of Objectivism, as late October. They also announced that the book would also be available in a clothbound edition for $39.95, along with the previously announced paperback edition, $22.95, and the leatherbound numbered, signed edition at $249.95. Their website: www.lfb.org

Edited by Jerry Biggers

Nathaniel Branden's Basic lectures not being available from Amazon still strikes me as stupid. I would think having the largest book seller in the world carrying your book would be a good idea but I am sure there is some marketing genius at LFB.

UPDATED EMAIL ANNOUNCEMENT (October 21) FROM LAISSEZ FAIRE BOOKS ON THE CURRENT STATUS OF THE VISION OF AYN RAND - THE BASIC PRINCIPLES OF OBJECTIVISM BOOK PROJECT:

We have asked the printer for an estimated print date and delivery date. We will have all the shipments prepared in advance so all we have to do is add the book and rush down to the post office with them. We expect to have all copies in the post within 24 hours of receiving the book, provided the post is open that day. Watch the website pages, where the book is promoted, as we will post the estimated delivery date once we know it. But we are now in the final stages of a massive project --- 603 pages massive, to be exact.

Thank you

James Peron

Laissez Faire Books

• 3 weeks later...

Christopher,

There's a good reason. They don't.

I had not seen this post before. I think this dude is a prankster from Orlando, Florida.

You get all kinds...

Michael

There is - I own one - a set of records by Branden titled 'The Psychology of Romantic Love', 16 volumes... as for the other, quite correct - that does NOT exist...

Robert,

I meant the one about the break-up. I know about Nathaniel's LP stuff.

I wrote sloppily because I was in a terrible hurry. I didn't reread what I was responding to (like I normally do) make sure I got things like plural, insinuations, etc., correct.

You were right to correct this.

Michael

Michael; You are to be praised for admitting you make mistakes. Thanks for puttting up with all of us.