Hamas and Israel and Endless War for Profit

Michael Stuart Kelly

And just to dump a little more fuel on the fire:

WWW.DAILYMAIL.CO.UK

What Harvard's Gay, Magill, Kornbluth and their dozens of lawyers and advisers don't recognize is that campus antisemitism is the result of policies they still support.

Some people may not realize that Alan Dershowitz was the classroom teacher at Harvard of the cream of America's legal and business world. He never had a Supreme Court Justice as a former student, but considering the countless leaders and famous people, that's not an issue. He taught at Harvard for half a century.

So this call by him is not trivial.

Let's see where it goes...

Michael

On 12/11/2023 at 2:53 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Now they are coming for Claudine Gay at Harvard.

Didn't get that one.

WWW.BREITBART.COM

Harvard University president Claudine Gay will keep her job -- for now -- despite failing to tackle antisemitism. Plagiarism concerns linger.

I have a feeling this is not over, but who knows?

The US is ruled by gangsters at the moment (starting with the Pritzker family in this case).

Michael

Dr. Carol Swain is not happy about Claudine Gay.

For those who are not following this story, Claudine Gay plagiarized Dr. Swain's work in her PhD dissertation.

Harvard was once a great university where academic standards meant something.

Now it is a propaganda and indoctrination outlet.

Only the children of fools and the corrupt go there anymore.

Michael

But to keep this academic bullshit centered on the topic of the thread, I think Yale was jealous of the attention and exposure the other Ivy League institutions got on being antisemitic.

They changed the name of food to eliminate a reference to Israel.

These people are not only boneheaded when not evil, they are petty little things.

Michael

About Harvard, there is still some fight left.

The full text of Thompson is not shown, and it gives context.

So here is is in all it's glory:

650+ Harvard professors have signed a letter to the Harvard Corporation in support of President Claudine Gay.

@Harvard is now in crisis.

The Harvard Board is now stuck between a rock & a hard place: if they fire Gay (also now accused of plagiarism) the faculty will be in revolt; if they keep her, the university will be saddled with a national disgrace.

The faculty letter is also proof that the firing of Gay will have no effect on the moral-intellectual culture @Harvard.

@Harvard is gone. It cannot be saved. Harvard has a $50 billion endowment. It should never again receive a penny of taxpayer money. #defundHarvard

And to that, Elon says defunding Harvard is the only thing that will work. If enough of the rich and powerful say that, it will happen. 

This is what a seed starting to sprout among the rich and powerful looks like when it is not just another grift and con.

Will they do it? 

If they were not the rich and powerful, I would say, "Of course they would."

But who expects the modern crony rich and powerful to grok what integrity means as a value?

:) 

Michael

I'm not a big fan of Bill Maher, but I recognize he is a leftie star with some influence. And his observations are intelligent at times.

He just came out with observations about Hamas and Israel that I agree with 100%. In fact, I was surprised he was so objective. And his audience applauded.

I guess hell is freezing over.

WWW.THEGATEWAYPUNDIT.COM

Bill Maher has had strong words in the aftermath of the Hamas terrorist attacks on October 7 in Israel that are becoming more and more out of step with the radical leftists in the Democrat party.

Here's the video.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 9:21 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Oh, yeah...

It ain't goin' away.

Too many people are pissed off...

About Claudine Gay, it looks like it is getting so bad, they will remove her.

I'm keeping this issue here in the Hamas and Israel thread because I believe that Ivy League's blatant and constant promotion of bigotry to the young of the upper class over decades is one of the main reasons the absurd situation with Hamas in Israel exists in the first place.

Antisemitism is only one form of bigotry, but make no mistake about it. Gay and her cronies are antisemitic assholes.

To be fair, I believe power-grab (and the money) is the primary spiritual drive of these assholes, and bigotry (with antisemitism being right up there alongside racism and woke crap) is a tool they use to get and keep power. But they use this tool so often and with such competence, it seems like this is their first love.

Screw 'em.

Let them harbor serial killers next door to their homes and see if they complain when the serial killers start killing their families while using tunnels they made to hide their movements. 

What a crock the Predator Class is.

At least we can get rid of some of the cheaters and bigots at the top who abuse their power.

And if Gay sues, let there be discovery and see how that works out for her and other bigoted assholes at Harvard.

I hope it happens.

Michael

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Episode 91.

Rev, Dr. Munther Isaac, Lutheran pastor from Bethlehem on the issue of Palestinian Christians.

Michael

Question phrased misleadingly. How does Israel treat Arab-Israeli Christians - inside of - Israel?

A: very well. Equal citizens. I know a few.

I trust US Christians won't buy into this version. The Pastor is a shill for the Palestinian Authority. He knows full well who always incites the violence and who have never accepted (even 95 per cent in their favor) on offer to share the West Bank with Jews.

Michael, I like and have plenty of respect for Tucker. He has a blind spot here.

Tony,

I just now watched the video and I did not get a cunning or hostile or even misleading intent from this pastor. I found him to be sincere, so I don't mind where I disagree with him. 

I, personally, am glad I got to see a perspective I had not thought about up to now. What about the Christians in Gaza? Why don't Christians in the west talk about them?

Until this video, I didn't realize there were any Christians in Gaza. I thought they would have been run out by Hamas fanatics or killed off going from the way the press tells it. (Which is stupid on my part, I admit. How on earth can I trust anything coming from the press? :) )

But I get this guy's point. Why do Christians who promote Israel as a religious mission give a blind eye to the Christians in Gaza?

I also feel for this guy on an empathy level. What do you do if you are born in Palestine, become a Christian, then become a Christian pastor? I do not envy him.

Whereas we see the world from an outside-of-there perspective, this guy is in there trying to convert Islamist jihadis into Christians. And each jihadi converted has friends and family who are not Christians. That's a tall order under all contexts. :) 

I also agree with him about Christians in Gaza needing to be heard. What is wrong with getting their perspective? Nothing, from my way of thinking. Giving them a fair hearing is not the same thing as agreeing with them. Instead, it provides more reality referents when reason is chosen as the method of resolving conflicts.

And, as a clarification, I did not get bothered when he addressed the issue of Arab-Israeli Christians. I doubt he will win any arguments. Even among Tucker's audience. :) 

Besides, I saw him talk more about Israeli Jews who converted to Christianity. He mentioned the first almost in passing, and went deeper into the second when Tucker asked him to cite where Christians in Israel suffer.

And here I have an Objectivist perspective. If this guy thinks the Israeli dislike of apostates is bad, he never saw what happened to Objectivists who sided with the Brandens back at the time of the break. :) 

And even today, if a person is an Objectivist, then decides to not be an Objectivist anymore, I always hear bad things about the person from those inside the fold.

That's just the way humans are. They shun apostates with all due hostility. They prefer an enemy to an apostate.

Now that I have spread peace about this guy instead of hatred, and I do not criticize Tucker from getting his perspective as is and in a reasoned tone, it may sound like I might agree with him. But it's not that simple. Here is a part I am certain he would not like me for saying. 

I do not see a peaceful resolution for the situation between Israel and Hamas. And as long as Palestine and Hamas are synonymous (synonymous in fact, not necessarily in words), I see a peace as impossible.

So I think Israel is doing the correct thing in exterminating Hamas and taking over Gaza. I do not support all the collateral damage going on. Who could? But I do not have a solution for it.

War sucks and there are no guarantees. Shit happens and people do awful things in war.

Here on a computer keyboard, life is a lot easier. Having people actually set off bombs to kill you, or aim a gun at you to blow your head off is a different--slightly more stressful--context.

It is my duty, if reason is my standard, to acknowledge that behind my computer monitor, I cannot say anything closer to the truth than someone who is there observing (providing we both use reason and we both want to tell the truth).

But for the critics of Israel, is Israel to just let Hamas keep sending over bombs to fall on innocents and attack innocents at times when Hamas gets the chance and the funding? Or does Israel solve the problem for once and for all? Hamas has made it clear over decades, the only solution they want is to push all Jews to the sea and to kill off as many Jews as they can along the way.

To be honest with this pastor, he forgot to bring up the original Biblical way to resolve the situation in Canaan (which is what the land of Israel used to be called). God told the Hebrews, who were going in conquest into the Promised Land, to kill off ALL of the Canaanites and to not sleep with their women. The Hebrews, being a horny bunch and rebellious, did not obey either command. So God told them the Canaanites (and fellow travelers) would always be a massive pain in their ass.

I paraphrased that, er... if paraphrase is the correct word. :) But look it up. I got the gist right.

If all the talking heads want to talk religion, Netanyahu is acting according to the original plan from God. Apropos, I am no fan of Netanyahu ever since he did to the Israelis what he did with the jab.

One last point. Are there good guys and bad guys in Palestine? Yup. Good guys and bad guys who are Jewish in Israel? Yup.

Have they been fighting for centuries and centuries? Yup.

It ain't my fight, but I lean toward Israel without condoning all the misdeeds the Israeli bad guys do.

And I have no hatred of Palestinians except for the bad guys like the radical Islamists.

I hope they work it all out, but I don't know how they can except by what is now going on. Even King Solomon said to cut the baby in half. Only then did the love of the real mother emerge in a form all could see. (It's a reality thing.)

The way I see it, the way of Israel right now sucks. Not doing anything sucks worse. But Hamas--constantly killing innocent Jews and hiding behind their own innocents as a war tactic--sucks worst of all.

Michael

• Like 1

Michael, the pastor does not acknowledge the brutal first cause of this war, nor the hostages taken and callously still held. When I see anyone outraged, but not equally acknowledging these, as all of the causes of previous conflicts, and looking for humanitarian sympathy which he doesn't allow for others, I know they are bigoted. I switch off. Man of peace and love? Tell that to Hamas. And please - the IDF deliberately targeting Christians!? (and never forget, the casualty numbers released are highly exaggerated, and pictorial evidence sometimes staged; getting their civilians killed and 'killed' has always been the prime Hamas strategy). I say he's a stooge for the PA, mouthing their exact talking points, but agree it must be dangerous living there for those Christians who oppose what the PA/Hamas are doing.

I read the Gazan Christians number under 1000 now from being a thriving historical community, many having left when Hamas took over and Israel 'de-occupied'. Israel then was not to blame.

You and me though, we're about on the same page. I'd like this to end soonest.

Tony,

He did acknowledge those things. Go back and you will hear it. Probably not in the tone of voice you want him to say it, though. It did come off in the midst of generalities and without much oomph.

I first try to see the world through the eyes of people like this pastor I am criticizing in order to make sure I am not thinking in collectivist terms.

I can't hate this man.

4 hours ago, anthony said:

I say he's a stooge for the PA, mouthing their exact talking points, but agree it must be dangerous living there for those Christians who oppose what the PA/Hamas are doing.

Stooge? Really?

A stooge without a purpose?

I don't see this at all. I see a man who grew up around there, has lifelong friends and family around there, probably frames things a certain way in public to keep the peace with his family and friends, and is heartbroken. Maybe resentful, but in a passive, not active way. I feel he is trying to make it all stop and doesn't know how.

Most of all, I feel he is scared. He did not expect his church to be bombed. When people are in that situation, I don't give what they say about the cause of their tragedy any importance until some time has passed.

Also, I did not feel he was preaching on Tucker's show. I felt like he was grasping at straws.

If Hamas ever needs a Christian spokesperson from Gaza, I doubt they would choose him.

Just as I doubt this guy has the capacity to sway the opinion of anyone outside of Gaza.

I'm still glad I heard his perspective.

I am also sympathetic to his criticisms of Western Evangelical Christians. I say let these people believe as they want to. But every time they get political power for real, they turn into authoritarians. And they are blind to many details (like, for instance, the Christians in Gaza). So I don't want to see them as main holders of political power. 

I love it that they are supporting Trump, though. I think they are right in their sweet spot.

In my view, it is possible to despise Hamas and everything it stands for while allowing others to have mixed views and different contexts than mine. I hate Hamas and the entire violent jihadist system, not those other people

Michael

"In 2022, about 1,100 Christians lived in the Gaza Strip – down from over 1300 in 2014. About 80% of the Christian Palestinians live in an urban environment. In the West Bank, they are concentrated mostly in Jerusalem and its vicinity: Bethlehem, Beit Jala, Beit Sahour, Ramallah, Bir Zayt, Jifna, Ein Arik, Taybeh".

Michael, to even suggest or infer that Israel is 'genociding' and deliberately targeting the tiny number of Christians in Gaza and their church - because of accidents of war - shows to me that the pastor has a Palestinian agenda.

"Victimology", adored by many Palestinians ,and all leftists, to help them ignore the fact that they and their leaders were mainly responsible for their present plight.

Without him going into--or condemning-- the un-Christian actions of a terrorist government - for many years precedng Oct 7 as well - that led up to a justified retaliation, as if causality didn't happen. It is in what they ~don't ~ say. Being a leading Christian (in Bethlehem) hardly automatically makes him a good guy.

The simple fact: Israel has never looked to annihilate Palestinians, not then and not ever, given many opportunities and their military capability, while the average Palestinian man in the street has been polled saying they approve of Hamas, and would like to annihilate or expel the Jews.

Indoctrination has turned things upside down.

Carlson makes too much of it too - appealing to the Christians back home. He also "implies" a Christian genocide going on. Why it concerns me is in the unspeakable intimidation of and attacks on Jews everywhere in the world by progressivists/Islamists/etc., the last remnant of Jew/Israel support is from those Christians. He should be more balanced and keep his perspective on this influential platform he runs. And so - blame Hamas, primarily, not the victims of Hamas. Who include Gazans, Christians and Muslim. Who we all know (as they secretly do, if they didn't despise Jews) would be far better off if governed by Israel.

Here in the Jerusalem Post "You've lost the thread". Sorry, Tucker has.

WWW.JPOST.COM

Tucker Carlson critiqued Christian support for Israel's actions in Gaza, discussing with Palestinian Rev. Dr. Munther Isaac the conflict's complexities and urging more critical engagement.

2 hours ago, anthony said:

Being a leading Christian (in Bethlehem) doesn't make him a good guy.

Tony,

Nor does being a native born Palestinian make him a bad guy.

Sorry.

I don't hate him. I see his point of view without the need to agree with everything he says or put a suicide vest on him.

Here is a metaphor: Trump Derangement Syndrome. The people who suffer from TDS did not see Trump supporters when he arrived on the scene as a presidential candidate. Most of the arguments I had here on OL defending Trump were about Trump supporters being seen against those who blindly hated Trump.

They refused to admit that people who supported Trump existed at all. Including me. Going from their words, they believed that all they had to do was convince me that I really believed something different at root and I needed to get back with the program. 

But that wasn't the case. I exist. We exist. (And many of the TDS people stopped posting on OL.)

But now people see Trump supporters. Granted, the TDS people stare at Trump supporters in disgust and awe that something that repulsive can exist. But I can live with that. At least I, and most of America, am finally seen. Even here in O-Land. :) 

I view the pastor in this light. Christians living in Gaza are not seen when Israel and Palestine come up. They are thrown into some category or other by those with public voices and brushed aside. I like Trucker's interview because it allowed me to see them, to take them into account in my reasoning.

As to the pastor's view that Western Evangelical Christians should look out for all Christians as part of their flock, that's kind of obvious, isn't it? Christians supporting Christians?

It is possible for Evangelical Christians to support Israeli Jews and support the Christians who live in Gaza at the same time. Supporting one does not obliterate the ability to support the other. (Walking and chewing gum at the same time comes to mind. :) )

Also, I don't believe Israel ever wanted, or ever wants, to commit genocide. I don't know why you keep throwing that into the argument as if I believe it. I don't. And I did not hear this pastor preach that.

I don't like to discuss the Israeli situation because the hatred is deep on all sides. Not everybody. But it always flares up. People tend to get mad at you if you refuse to hate like they hate. That is right before they start calling you a bigot.

Isn't it enough to condemn antisemitism and support the elimination of Hamas and the annexation of Gaza by Israel?

Isn't that enough?

Do we have to deny that some people exist, too? Even though they do exist?

I refuse to play that game.

As to hatred of one side or the other, I'm just not there. I hate those who kill and torture innocents without provocation. And I hate war. But if war comes, I say fight it hard, win it quickly, and get back to peace.

For the rest, I don't hate this pastor. I don't hate Jews. I don't hate Tucker.

I do hate Hamas. I do hate The Deep State.

And I like you.

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

...As to the pastor's view that Western Evangelical Christians should look out for all Christians as part of their flock, that's kind of obvious, isn't it? Christians supporting Christians?

It is possible for Evangelical Christians to support Israeli Jews and support the Christians who live in Gaza at the same time. Supporting one does not obliterate the ability to support the other. (Walking and chewing gum at the same time comes to mind. :) )

Also, I don't believe Israel ever wanted, or ever wants, to commit genocide. I don't know why you keep throwing that into the argument as if I believe it. I don't. And I did not hear this pastor preach that.

I don't like to discuss the Israeli situation because the hatred is deep on all sides. Not everybody. But it always flares up. People tend to get mad at you if you refuse to hate like they hate. That is right before they start calling you a bigot.

Isn't it enough to condemn antisemitism and support the elimination of Hamas and the annexation of Gaza by Israel?

Isn't that enough?

Do we have to deny that some people exist, too? Even though they do exist?

I refuse to play that game.

As to hatred of one side or the other, I'm just not there. I hate those who kill and torture innocents without provocation. And I hate war. But if war comes, I say fight it hard, win it quickly, and get back to peace.

For the rest, I don't hate this pastor. I don't hate Jews. I don't hate Tucker.

I do hate Hamas. I do hate The Deep State.

And I like you.

Michael

Michael, nothing against Christians supporting other Christians. But be sure, it is support against the real menace, and that's not Israel or Jews. Identify correctly, right? 😉

Does the erudite Tucker not know that he is tacitly playing into the hands of extreme Leftists, terrorists - and ultimately, Iran and Islamicism? He is after all, recommending the cessation of US arms supply to Israel. WHICH - together with its international condemnation - is Hamas' foremost tactic and hope of survival. And they - and their Iranian masters - would take a ceasefire now as a triumph.

Putting off for only a short while, the self-defensive actions Israel would have to take next time Hamas commits atrocities to incite the war again.

I hate the people who began this war, using their own people as cannon fodder for the 'empathy points', and those many westerners emerging who support Israel's demise. I.e. genocide. Obversely, I am also completely opposed to warmongers wanting to involve America., to wipe Gaza off the map. One of whom Tucker posed as a (false) alternative in his interview. Israel must once more go it alone, with nothing but the West's moral support (and arms).

It is human and rational to eventually hate those who hate you enough to want you dead and gone, demonstrated in their acts. 

The Pastor knows better, certainly if he's been there all his life. Christians normally have an intrinsic sense of good and evil. I've seen proper identification and good moral judgments from most Christians, thank god, like Douglas Murray, an outspoken pro-Israeli.

And for anyone who's followed recent history, only one side has been the belligerent rejectionists to a peaceful resolution, consistent Jew-haters who initiated every conflict, from neighboring countries too. But all the pastor could say was to effectively pass the blame onto Israel, unjustly deflecting it away from obedient Palestinians and their immoral leaders. (Like dozens I've heard of, "Hamas apologists").

A successful - self-interested - country such as Israel will predominantly repudiate any death and destruction and any form of sacrifice. Self-sacrifice, first.