why is public nudity looked at in such a negative behavior in most Christian Churches?

weareacouple

Let me get back on topic. Why didn't the people on Fantasy Island go nude" De plane! De plane, Gosh darn it! I dunno. It is weird. Why the exposed bosoms? I thought maybe they were swingers? By why come here to OL?  Nobody swings here. We all walk. 

From the net Herve Vilechaize was born in Paris on April 23, 1943. He stopped growing very early and his father (who was a surgeon) tried to find a cure by visiting several doctors and hospitals. But there was none, so Hervé had to live with his small height and also with undersized lungs. He studied at the Beaux-Arts in Paris and made an exhibition of his own paintings, which were well received. At 21, he left France for the USA where he continued to paint and to make photographs. He also started to participate in some movies and was quickly offered several roles for plays and then for cinema. His first big success was The Man with the Golden Gun (1974) where he was a killer associated to the villain Scaramanga (played by Christopher Lee). He inspired the TV-series Fantasy Island (1977) where he took the role of "Tattoo", the faithful servant of "Mr. Roarke" (Ricardo Montalban). This series was a great success and, thanks to it, Villechaize became famous and rich, mostly because of his enigmatic and charming smile.

In 1983, he argued with the producers of the show in order to earn as much money as Montalban but, instead, he was fired; he also lost his model-actress wife. The series continued without him but stopped one year later, when the media response meter decreased because of the lack of Tattoo's character!

20 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

...notice how many people showed up for this thread (and the other) in a short smount of time.

This thread is averaging fewer than five reads per post, and the other is averaging six reads per post - fewer than the usual low read-per-post typical averages these days.

Doesn't look like much interest to me.  I think the people who are posting are doing so to mock a troller.

Ellen

25 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Doesn't look like much interest to me.  I think the people who are posting are doing so to mock a troller.

Ellen,

Come on. You just simply delete one metric and focus on one to dismiss the whole thing?

How about number of posters?

A spam post normally gets two posters max. Generally not even one. Look at how many posters showed up for this thread.

Hell, sex even brought Max back out and he hasn't posted in ages. Tell me there hasn't been anything for him to mock over all that time since mockery is what you claim brought people around.

The simple fact is humans are humans.

And what is a human?

As I used to say a lot in earlier times. Ayn Rand used the definition of human as "rational animal" (differentia and genus), but then threw away the animal and focused mostly on the rational part in her writing (except in her fiction when she was doing some aggressive sex mixed with blood from scratches and bites 🙂 ).

Sex is part of the genus. And a definition needs both differentia and genus to be a definition, at least in Rand's system. You can't eliminate sex from rational and have that mean anything human-wise. You can eliminate it in the abstract to focus on something like syllogisms or correspondence of abstractions to reality and so one for discussion or contemplation, but you can't eliminate the reality that both sex and rational thought are in the brains of humans and they interact.

In the case of this thread, sex sparked attention and set the frame for the rational part of the brain to analyze newcomers (and other posters for that matter).

This didn't happen with, say, my thread on Brazilian musicians, even though Elis Regina sang her ass off and Belchior (who wrote the song) plunged the depths of human universality on a deep level. Let me throw some sexpots on that thread and wanna bet more people show up?

🙂 

Michael

17 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Hell, sex even brought Max back out and he hasn't posted in ages. Tell me there hasn't been anything for him to mock over all that time since mockery is what you claim brought people around.

I haven't posted for some time here, because most discussions are now about American politics and conspiracy theories, neither of which interest me. In  most cases I don't know the people concerned, or have only a vague notion who they are. I prefer to discuss things I know something about.

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Ellen,

Come on. You just simply delete one metric and focus on one to dismiss the whole thing?

How about number of posters?

A spam post normally gets two posters max. Generally not even one. Look at how many posters showed up for this thread.

The simple fact is humans are humans.

And what is a human?

As I used to say a lot in earlier times. Ayn Rand used the definition of human as "rational animal" (differentia and genus), but then threw away the animal and focused mostly on the rational part in her writing (except in her fiction when she was doing some aggressive sex mixed with blood from scratches and bites 🙂 ).

Sex is part of the genus. And a definition needs both differentia and genus to be a definition, at least in Rand's system. You can't eliminate sex from rational and have that mean anything human-wise. You can eliminate it in the abstract to focus on something like syllogisms or correspondence of abstractions to reality and so one for discussion or contemplation, but you can't eliminate the reality that both sex and rational thought are in the brains of humans and they interact.

In the case of this thread, sex sparked attention and set the frame for the rational part of the brain to analyze newcomers (and other posters for that matter).

This didn't happen with, say, my thread on Brazilian musicians, even though Elis Regina sang her ass off and Belchior (who wrote the song) plunged the depths of human universality on a deep level. Let me throw some sexpots on that thread and wanna bet more people show up?

🙂 

Michael

Michael, Sex and nudity have a way of attracting attention. whenever we are at a nudist or clothing optional beach or resort there is always a steady line of "clothed" people walking by staring and even talking pictures. No doubt these are the same people who are bitching about how offensive naked people are. 

3 hours ago, weareacouple said:

No doubt these are the same people who are bitching about how offensive naked people are. 

W,

Are you looking for such people on this forum who get offended at naked people so you can trounce them and feel superior?

After all, sex is human in the underbelly of the mind, but so is smugness and vanity.

Unless one is a Borg, I suppose...

Do Borgs even wear clothes or are they welded on?

Is that the problem?

🙂

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

W,

Are you looking for such people on this forum who get offended at naked people so you can trounce them and feel superior?

After all, sex is human in the underbelly of the mind, but so is smugness and vanity.

Unless one is a Borg, I suppose...

Do Borgs even wear clothes or are they welded on?

Is that the problem?

🙂

Michael

7 of 9 still looks good! 

31 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

W is a practiced troll who's been here before and through whose hoops you're jumping.

Ellen

Ellen,

Have a name?

I would love to look into it.

Their IP numbers (there are 3 or 4) all go through Minnesota (Minneapolis and Saint Paul area). That tells me they (he, she or it 🙂 ) probably live there, but they also might be using a VPN.

So maybe they are returning trolls.

Without more knowledge, to me, they are probably new. Might even be AI.

As to jumping through hoops, I see all this as banter so far.

Michael

56 minutes ago, weareacouple said:

so if we are painfully not fake does that make us nasty?? 

We don't know you. And what are you about respecting Objectivism? And this twofer posting doesn't work.

--Brant

32 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

We don't know you. And what are you about respecting Objectivism? And this twofer posting doesn't work.

--Brant

We are not sure how anyone can believe in objectivism and think that human nudity is not (or should be) a root lifestyle of the belief. There is nothing immoral about nudity or being naked in itself. Yes, we will agree that nudity can lead to questionable sexual activity, and again yes we will be open with you all that we have allowed that activity to happen but that should not be blamed on the nudity.  You are free to blame that behavior on our own lack of control and we one that and that as well is a root of objectivism.  

To those who are confused, we are sorry and for tonight anyway, I am Dana (the wife) and I will be typing all of the replies unless someone has a direct question for my husband (Jerry) who is right here with me tonight and yes we have had a few beers today. Anything is "fair game" tonight and NO not even my big tits are of the table.