why is public nudity looked at in such a negative behavior in most Christian Churches?

weareacouple

First off, My husband and I are a married couple and yes we are strong supporters of public nudity, however we are not looking for a HOOKUP on here, other than that I guess we are fair game and know this thread could get "off track".

We became nudist 25 years a go and have raised our (2) kids in the lifestyle and they are supporters of public nudity as well as adults. We admit that much of the pushback comes from our own Christian community however there is no question that society as a whole still has a huge issue with it. We do also admit that public nudity can (and often does) lead to other less acceptable behavior and speaking as a couple that has gone down that road several times, we don't feel that nudity should get the blame. 

We also feel that if we are going to be the authors of a thread like this, it is not fair to everyone that we hide behind a profile and thus we are posting a pic. 

Feel free to post your comments on this public thread and we will do our best to reply tp everyone.

Have a great day

19.JPG

As far as xtian churches having “such a negative” response to public nudity, I think the answer to their reaction comes from the teachings/doctrines/dogmas that they have in common.

I’d say I’m culturally Christian , but philosophically/ theologically I’ll ‘self-identify’ as an atheist. 

Pretty sure cultural pushback to public nudity is deeper and wider than a theological basis. Perhaps an argument can be made that individual psychological aversion to public nudity is somehow rooted in and promulgated by cultural roots especially in those cultures influenced by abrahamic religions, but I doubt that is the beginning or end of it. 

There is say December in Minnesota considerations too .

Christians and nudity. Growing up in a church-going family I always looked askance at those statues and depictions of Christ being slaughtered. He is practically nude with blood oozing out . . . yet there his statue IS right in the church for kids to have nightmares over and young teens to snicker at his nudity.

I notice both wearacouple's have no names yet and both are fit looking and very tan. Now as a drawback to nudity and tanning? Later in life being tan can lead to skin cancers. If you take fluid pills for high blood pressure, tanning for pleasure can make you take on an even darker hue like under your eyes and around your ears.

I go to the VA once or twice a year and I see a lot of guys who served in Vietnam's equatorial sun and continue to mow their own grass, and continue to stay out in the sun at the beach, etc. I would not recommend doing that. I can hear them down the hall of the VA freezing off skin cancers and it is not a good thing to hear. I hope I scared some sense into you. Semi joke. 

We're a couple. Wear a couple. We area couple. Were wolves. just tinkering with the name, because it is cumbersome. 

Why is Christianity the only bad guy blocking public nudity?

Are, say, Muslims OK with public nudity? Hmmmm? 🙂 

How about public nudity for government workers when they are on the job? Why is the government not OK with that?

And the military? Would going into battle nude be OK? I don't mean infantry, where armor is needed, but, say, people on battleships and airplanes, or the ones operating drones?

Here's an idea. Public nudity on college campuses. Especially during football games. Why would authorities object to that, even at super-liberal colleges? We all know they would.

Public nudity in corporate offices, anyone? But most corporations have dress codes and there's that Metoo thing.

Imagine public nudity at transgender gatherings. Do you think the ones in charge would be OK with that?

Or public nudity at kindergartens and elementary schools?

I could go on, but I'll stop there.

Well, except for this.

I really like the idea of public nudity at Joe Biden rallies.

🙂

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Christians and nudity. Growing up in a church-going family I always looked askance at those statues and depictions of Christ being slaughtered. He is practically nude with blood oozing out . . . yet there his statue IS right in the church for kids to have nightmares over and young teens to snicker at his nudity.

I notice both wearacouple's have no names yet and both are fit looking and very tan. Now as a drawback to nudity and tanning? Later in life being tan can lead to skin cancers. If you take fluid pills for high blood pressure, tanning for pleasure can make you take on an even darker hue like under your eyes and around your ears.

I go to the VA once or twice a year and I see a lot of guys who served in Vietnam's equatorial sun and continue to mow their own grass, and continue to stay out in the sun at the beach, etc. I would not recommend doing that. I can hear them down the hall of the VA freezing off skin cancers and it is not a good thing to hear. I hope I scared some sense into you. Semi joke. 

We're a couple. Wear a couple. We area couple. Were wolves. just tinkering with the name, because it is cumbersome. 

Peter our names are Dana and Scott and thanks for the tanning tips and neither of us have tan lines LOL

12 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Why is Christianity the only bad guy blocking public nudity?

Are, say, Muslims OK with public nudity? Hmmmm? 🙂 

How about public nudity for government workers when they are on the job? Why is the government not OK with that?

And the military? Would going into battle nude be OK? I don't mean infantry, where armor is needed, but, say, people on battleships and airplanes, or the ones operating drones?

Here's an idea. Public nudity on college campuses. Especially during football games. Why would authorities object to that, even at super-liberal colleges? We all know they would.

Public nudity in corporate offices, anyone? But most corporations have dress codes and there's that Metoo thing.

Imagine public nudity at transgender gatherings. Do you think the ones in charge would be OK with that?

I could go on, but I'll stop there.

Well, except for this.

I really like the idea of public nudity at Joe Biden rallies.

🙂

Michael

you bring up some good points and our daughter was raised a nudist and in college the libs think nudity is weird. I guess they pick their causes

25 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Would going into battle nude be OK? I don't mean infantry, where armor is needed, but, say, people on battleships and airplanes, or the ones operating drones?

Other than a couple of guided tours on docked subs I have not served on one, but a hot submarine might be a good place for beach clothes if not nudity. They could come up with a sub uniform, maybe a two piece-er made out of a light material but since women now serve on subs I would not recommend a thong. Or maybe not. imagine being a guy on a sub and trying to squeeze by a female sailor with beautiful . . . . even if he is going to be heavily punished  for unsportsmanlike contact he might still involuntarily breathe loudly.

9 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

W,

What other clothing?

With nudity there is no clothing. That's the point, right?

That sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

Michael

if my work said clothing was optional I would go to work naked however my work has their rules

56 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You didn't answer my question.

Michael

And they answer “what question”

If they are human, and incapable of going back to figure out to which question of yours you now refer and in practice instead make you go back and reconstruct it all, then I am certain I don’t ever want to try to discuss ideas with them, because it would be impossible. I may toy around with them, but only remembering that these are totally insincere, lazy, dumb people, if they are human. I think they are a piece of software.

45 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

I think they are a piece of software.

Jon,

As the threads grow, I lean towards that, too.

One of the big motivators in the lower brain is sex. It is an attention getter supreme.

For example, even here in O-Land, notice how many people showed up for this thread (and the other) in a short amount of time.

🙂

(For those who get bothered by this, welcome to the human race. 🙂 )

Also, notice how every reply by the golden couple leads back to nudity.

I think the idea is to make people forget what they were talking about and, instead, respond to the insinuated sex.

I'm almost tempted to throw this thread in the Persuasion section as a case study.

Michael

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jon,

As the threads grow, I lean towards that, too.

One of the big motivators in the lower brain is sex. It is an attention getter supreme.

For example, even here in O-Land, notice how many people showed up for this thread (and the other) in a short amount of time.

🙂

(For those who get bothered by this, welcome to the human race. 🙂 )

Also, notice how every reply by the golden couple leads back to nudity.

I think the idea is to make people forget what they were talking about and, instead, respond to the insinuated sex.

I'm almost tempted to throw this thread in the Persuasion section as a case study.

Michael

Well as the title says...the thread IS about nudity! So just trying to stay on subject. 

Most people look better with their clothes on.

A lot better.

--Brant

if humans went starkers in a few generations they'd have a lot of body hair and we'd no longer be "The Naked Ape"

what does Objectivism say about this?