A FUN QUESTION

Haven't had much of a chance to listen yet. :( My dad yelled at me to clean my room, so that took forever. Hmm...of course I recommend Eminem's Rabbit Run. I will send you some of his OLD stuff that you probably can't find on Napster when I get the chance. Phwew...I'm all dusty from my room.

Hey, Girlie, those songs you sent me are the bomb !! Wow. I find it difficult to believe that you don't have any rhythm and you don't dance or what you call dancing. With those songs, you can't help but start bobbin' the head, smiling. Yes, I most definitely like the songs. I would be interested to hear the rest that came off that album. Runaway Love didn't come out though but will find it. The four or five programs I have that play music don't support the file extention.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had much of a chance to listen yet. :( My dad yelled at me to clean my room, so that took forever. Hmm...of course I recommend Eminem's Rabbit Run. I will send you some of his OLD stuff that you probably can't find on Napster when I get the chance. Phwew...I'm all dusty from my room.

Hey, Girlie, those songs you sent me are the bomb !! Wow. I find it difficult to believe that you don't have any rhythm and you don't dance or what you call dancing. With those songs, you can't help but start bobbin' the head, smiling. Yes, I most definitely like the songs. I would be interested to hear the rest that came off that album. Runaway Love didn't come out though but will find it. The four or five programs I have that play music don't support the file extention.

I'm glad you liked them! I think that album was pure skills. I'll send you the rest of the album when I get the chance. Runaway Love must not have worked because I purchased it from iTunes. You should definitely find it. Well, maybe it's just that I feel silly dancing. LOL. I don't know, I never really looked at myself dancing. I love doing that "Lean with it, rock with it" dance though! HAHA.

I'm glad you liked them! I think that album was pure skills. I'll send you the rest of the album when I get the chance. Runaway Love must not have worked because I purchased it from iTunes. You should definitely find it. Well, maybe it's just that I feel silly dancing. LOL. I don't know, I never really looked at myself dancing. I love doing that "Lean with it, rock with it" dance though! HAHA.

I got the Runaway Love but not with Mary. Another wonderful song and really liked that one as well. Right now I've been listening to Cash and REALLY like him A LOT. I'm very impressed with this man. He's got a lot of spunk and life in him. :) :w00t: :hyper:

Hmmm...maybe the album version didn't have Mary on it. Luda performed it on SNL last night with her though. It's probably on youtube. I'll have to check out Cash. It's hard for me because I hate his cover of "Hurt" with a fiery passion. :devil: :) I'll have to open up the mind.

Yes, Kori, you must open that mind--never mind ONE song that you don't like. I don't like EVERY song the man did either. So what? Here is a man who--at the age of 60--had generation X fell head-over-heels in love with him and his music. He is the original bad ass--to whom all others are practically fakes. He was the real deal--and he played music from his fucking heart! You can't ask for a more precious gift from an artist. Listen to his other American recordings, not just Hurt. Also listen to his Sun recordings and his 60s stuff. His music is universal and speaks to the heart. Now don't get me upset, bitch!

[sorry, I'm hooked on that now] :devil:

Here's a little story about how someone your age got turned on to the CASH MAN!

Johnny Cash songs are some of the finest I've ever heard, full of heartfelt songs evocative of poverty, sin, and rebellious angst.

http://www.knotmag.com/?article=855

Edited by Victor Pross

Kori,

Beside some of the tracks I have given some editorial remarks to wet your appetite. Now allow yourself to be sucked in my manipulation and enjoy it. You have home work, girl. It’s my mission in life to make you a Cash fan. By the way, you would be surprised to know who dug Cash and recorded with him—one being Fiona Apple. Anyway, the list here hardly exhausts what Cash has to offer, but it’s a good start. In Manson's words: "Find out what's really out there."

SUN TRACKS:

*Folsom Prison Blues [‘I shot a man in Reno—just to watch him die’].

*I walk the Line [A song about a man tempted to unfaithfulness—but is pulled in by his loyalty to his wife.]

*Get Rhythm

*Home of the Blues

*Hey Porter

*Cry, Cry, Cry.

COLUMBIA TRACKS:

*A boy named Sue [first Cash song I ever heard, and fell in love with him then and there].

*Ring of Fire [A song about a man who falls in serious ass love].

*In the Jailhouse Now

*I got Stripes

*The Wall [A man tries to escape from prison, or did he jump the wall for another reason. Find out what it was].

*Cocaine Blues [bad-ass kills his wife and hits the road to escape the consequences of his actions to no avail.]

Orange Blossom Special [a song about travel on the road, looking for adventure.

AMERICAN TRACKS

*Hurt [you should love it, bitch!]

*I Won’t Back Down [Here’s a song about standing tall in the face of life’s bullshit].

*I See Darkness [A man looks inside of his soul and sees evil—darkness—and he asks his friend—you the listener—for HELP!]

*Won’t you Lay Down with Me [cool love song]

*Country Trash [a fun satire song about…well, country trash]

*Delia’s Gone [A man kills his wife for being a bad girl; in the video it was Kate Moss; the song lyrics are grim and funny]

*The Man who couldn’t cry [A bizarre but funny ass song]

*The Man Comes Around [The end of the world—wicked ass lyrics, oh my God!]

*Hung my Head [A man commits murder on a whim and his anguished by shame and guilt—makes my skin crawl…in a good way]

*Personal Jesus [kick-ass song, love it!]

*Tennessee Stud [fun, fun song]

*The Mercy Beat [a man’s last hours in the electric chair]

*Before my Time [a story of the universality of men and women falling in love]

*Sam Hall [a song about a dirty mouth curmudgeon; very funny]

Edited by Victor Pross

Kori,

Beside some of the tracks I have given some editorial remarks to wet your appetite. Now allow yourself to be sucked in by my manipulation--and enjoy it. You have home work, girl. It’s my mission in life to make you a Cash fan.

By the way, you would be surprised to know who dug Cash and recorded with him—one being Fiona Apple. Anyway, the list here hardly exhausts what Cash has to offer, but it’s a good start.

SUN TRACKS:

*Folsom Prison Blues [‘I shot a man in Reno—just to watch him die’].

*I walk the Line [A song about a man tempted to unfaithfulness—but is pulled in by his loyalty to his wife.]

*Get Rhythm [when you are feeling blue--get Rhythm; a fun tune]

*Home of the Blues

*Hey Porter

*Cry, Cry, Cry. [a man cheated on, wants his woman to cry, cry, cry--like he is]

COLUMBIA TRACKS:

*A boy named Sue [first Cash song I ever heard, and fell in love with him then and there].

*Ring of Fire [A song about a man who falls in serious ass love].

*In the Jailhouse Now

*I got Stripes

*The Wall [A man tries to escape from prison, or did he jump the wall for another reason. Find out what it was].

*Cocaine Blues [bad-ass kills his wife and hits the road to escape the consequences of his actions to no avail.]

Orange Blossom Special [a song about travel on the road, looking for adventure.

AMERICAN TRACKS

*Hurt [you should love it, bitch!]

*I Won’t Back Down [Here’s a song about standing tall in the face of life’s bullshit].

*I See Darkness [A man looks inside of his soul and sees evil—darkness—and he asks his friend—you the listener—for HELP!]

*Won’t you Lay Down with Me [cool love song]

*Country Trash [a fun satire song about…well, country trash]

*Delia’s Gone [A man kills his wife for being a bad girl; in the video it was Kate Moss; the song lyrics are grim and funny]

*The Man who couldn’t cry [A bizarre but funny ass song]

*The Man Comes Around [The end of the world—wicked ass lyrics, oh my God!]

*Hung my Head [A man commits murder on a whim and is anguished by shame and guilt—makes my skin crawl…in a good way]

*Personal Jesus [kick-ass song, love it!]

*Tennessee Stud [fun, fun song]

*The Mercy Beat [a man’s last hours in the electric chair]

*Before my Time [a story of the universality of men and women falling in love]

*Sam Hall [a song about a dirty mouth curmudgeon; very funny]

Edited by Victor Pross

Kori,

Cash was not only a "bad-ass" but he was much more than that--he was a man who was sinner and saint, a man who has been to hell and back--who plunged into lost weekends and who redeemed himself. This was a man who was willing to look into the dark and the light side of his own being—but allowed the good to shine.

This rebellion was not put on for some faux snow case to manipulate and please his audience. This was not some "stage persona"--this was Cash the man, and as a result--it was Cash the artist. Passion and sincerity and genuineness is what music should be about—whatever the genre. THAT is what makes a great artist. It’s what drives my art, as you may see in the essay just posted.

Anyway, just for fun, here are some dark lyrics to Delia's Gone, the one where Kate Moss appeared in the video. Like I said, the lyrics are grim and funny.

Johnny Cash:Delia's Gone

by Johnny Cash

Delia

Oh, Delia

Delia all my life

If I hadn't have shot poor Delia

I'd have had her for my wife

Delia's gone

One more round

Delia's gone

I went up to Memphis

And I met Delia there

Found her in her parlor

And I tied her to her chair

Delia's gone

One more round

Delia's gone

She was low down and trifling

And she was cold and mean

Kind of evil

Make me want to grab my submachine

Delia's gone

One more round

Delia's gone

First time I shot her

I shot her in the side

Hard to watch her suffer

But with the second shot she died

Delia's gone

One more round

Delia's gone

But jailer

Oh, jailer

Jailer, I can't sleep

'Cause all around my bedside

I hear the patter of Delia's feet

Delia's gone

One more round

Delia's gone

So if your woman's devilish

You can let her run

Or you can bring her down and do her

Like Delia got done

Delia's gone

One more round

Delia's gone

Video selections from the great Johnny Cash:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra6eQ4pJaFY When The Man Comes Around Johnny Cash

[san Quentin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6ldi4wsCls...ted&search= [Jackson]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Utka_BXEUK4

Tennessee Stud

Delia's Gone

The Man Who Couldn't Cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MeAw76a6oY...ted&search=

A BOY NAMED SUE

Edited by Victor Pross

Kori,

Do you ever listen to Christina Aguilera? Thank you, Victor, for turning me on to you tube lastnight. I was listening to this song today while working and figured I'd find it on you tube. I love Christina's voice, just phenomenal. The range on this little tiny petite thing is absolutely amazing. To my understanding and watching a bio on her, when they did this song, they actually had to turn her mic down and editing to drown her out a bit because you could barely hear the other girls when she was singing. This woman can belt it out like you wouldn't believe. They talked with Mya, Pink, Missy and they all said they couldn't believe that such a huge voice was coming out of this 5 foot 1 size 0 girl. I have other songs you might like. They very much showcases her voice. She just towered over the other singers with this song.

This is Moulin Rouge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXvoqJr8Gr8

And the video is absolutely adorable !! Wooohooo. I'm sure they had a lot of fun. It looks like a lot of fun !!

Edit: Here is another song I like a WHOLE LOT. I think you'll like it as well !! :wink: Another favorite song of mine. And is a wonderful song to workout to. Remember what I said about the songs I listen to always bring back memories of my past, my accomplishments, or reinforces my convictions, makes me remember, and so on. Another very personal song for me for many reasons. I think you'll like this one as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLB96GzlWio Survivor

Edited by CNA

Honey, thank you for the Cash songs. I totally got a kick out of it. I thought the last to were kinda funny, especially the boy named Sue. The reasoning behind naming him that, I was like WTF.

Thanks for turning me on to you tube !! I also loved the other songs you sent me lastnight but one in particular and I think you'll know which one !!! Also thanks for the laughs with HELP and HEY, BULLDOG. Not the actual songs themselves but the situation surrounding talking to you where the words HELP came in and HEY, BULLDOG. Someone has to come and HELP your ass from me, the BULLDOG. Hey, am I really a bulldog? Remember, you still gotta answer the damn questions.....hehehehehehe Bully, bully, bully :lol:

Kori,

Do you ever listen to Christina Aguilera? Thank you, Victor, for turning me on to you tube lastnight. I was listening to this song today while working and figured I'd find it on you tube. I love Christina's voice, just phenomenal. The range on this little tiny petite thing is absolutely amazing. To my understanding and watching a bio on her, when they did this song, they actually had to turn her mic down and editing to drown her out a bit because you could barely hear the other girls when she was singing. This woman can belt it out like you wouldn't believe. They talked with Mya, Pink, Missy and they all said they couldn't believe that such a huge voice was coming out of this 5 foot 1 size 0 girl. I have other songs you might like. They very much showcases her voice. She just towered over the other singers with this song.

This is Moulin Rouge

And the video is absolutely adorable !! Wooohooo. I'm sure they had a lot of fun. It looks like a lot of fun !!

Edit: Here is another song I like a WHOLE LOT. I think you'll like it as well !! :wink: Another favorite song of mine. And is a wonderful song to workout to. Remember what I said about the songs I listen to always bring back memories of my past, my accomplishments, or reinforces my convictions, makes me remember, and so on. Another very personal song for me for many reasons. I think you'll like this one as well.

Oh my God, you've never been on youtube until now! You've done a good deed, Victor. I absolutely LOVE youtube.

Wow, Angie, those songs really take me back. That sounds odd because I'm only 17, but they came out years ago and I used to listen to both of them all the time. I think that Survivor has a killer beat as well as lyrics. Shit, I'll have to add those to my iPod. I do sort of listen to Christina from time to time. I love her song "Beautiful." I also like "Still Dirrty." :devil: She really does have an amazing voice. :blink: I always laugh when I hear Li'l Kim's part because all the others are singing and she can't sing! I do like Li'l Kim, but I don't think she was right for that song. Have you ever seen the movie Moulin Rouge? I thought it was excellent and I especially loved the scene where the man (can't remember his name, Ewan McGregor) was preparing to read Satine his poetry. LMAO! Good stuff.

Victor, thank you for those links. I will check them out!

Edited by Kori

Kori,

This is Moulin Rouge

Oh my God, you've never been on youtube until now! You've done a good deed, Victor. I absolutely LOVE youtube.

Wow, Angie, those songs really take me back. That sounds odd because I'm only 17, but they came out years ago and I used to listen to both of them all the time. I think that Survivor has a killer beat as well as lyrics. Shit, I'll have to add those to my iPod. I do sort of listen to Christina from time to time. I love her song "Beautiful." I also like "Still Dirrty." :devil: She really does have an amazing voice. :blink: I always laugh when I hear Li'l Kim's part because all the others are singing and she can't sing! I do like Li'l Kim, but I don't think she was right for that song. Have you ever seen the movie Moulin Rouge? I thought it was excellent and I especially loved the scene where the man (can't remember his name, Ewan McGregor) was preparing to read Satine his poetry. LMAO! Good stuff.

Victor, thank you for those links. I will check them out!

I have some that you just might like. Will dig 'em up and send them your way. I totally agree about Li'l Kim. Aside from the fact she can't sing, she brought much raunchiness to it. I think the line up and song were a bit too *classy* for her, something that she lacks. Yes, you're right. She wasn't right for the song.

I haven't seen Moulin Rouge but will now. :) Girl, I've been living under a rock for the past 6 years and don't get out much. :lol:

Why 6 years specifically? You really should check it out. Peep the greatness, yo! Bring your kleenex.'

Li'l Kim is definitely raunchy! Yikes! Female rappers don't really have anything to rap about except their own sluttiness, it seems like. I guess male rappers do that too, but nobody seems to care.

Can't wait for the files! Will be sending you some soon as well.