Trump humor

This is making the rounds out there:

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a bar. Donald leans over, and With A smile on his face, says, "The media is really tearing you apart for That Scandal."
Hillary: "You mean my lying about Benghazi?"
Trump: "No, the other one."
Hillary: "You mean the massive voter fraud?"
Hillary: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"
Hillary: "Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?"
Hillary: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?"
Hillary: "Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?
Hillary: "You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?"
Hillary: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"
Hillary: "You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?"
Hillary: "Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?"
Trump: "No the other one:"
Hillary: "The funding of neoNazis in the Ukraine that led to the toppling of the democratically elected president and to the biggest crisis that country has had since WWII ?"
Hillary: "Turning Libya into chaos?"
Hillary: "Being the mastermind of the so-called “Arab Spring” that only brought chaos, death and destruction to the Middle East and North Africa ? 
Hillary: "Leaving four Americans to die in Benghazi and go to sleep?
Hillary: "Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?"
Hillary: "The funding and arming of terrorists in Syria, the destruction and destabilization of that nation, giving the order to our lapdogs in Turkey and Saudi Arabia to give sarin gas to the "moderate" terrorists in Syria that they eventually used on civilians, and framed Assad, and had it not been for the Russians and Putin, we would have used that as a pretext to invade Syria, put a puppet in power, steal their natural resources, and leave that country in total chaos, just like we did with Libya? 
Hillary: "The creation of the biggest refugees crisis since WWII
Hillary: "Leaving Iraq in chaos? "
Hillary: "The DOJ spying on the press?"
Hillary: "You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?"
Hillary: "Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"
Hillary: "The NSA monitoring citizens' ?"
Hillary: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"
Hillary: "Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"
Hillary: "Threats to all of Bill's former mistresses to keep them quiet"
Hillary: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I've got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware, when Bill left Office?"
Trump: "THAT'S IT! I almost forgot about that one".

:evil:  :) 

Michael

11 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

And the Holocaust never happened . . .

--Brant

not a denier except for AGW

It was proved in court.  The Nuremberg Tribunals.   Every last one of the accused Nazi  Bastards were given the opportunity to defend themselves.  I think one was actually acquitted 

This tweet from WikiLeaks is so cryptic I don't know what it means.

It could be a warning or it could be an inside joke.

Or maybe both, or maybe neither. :) 

I searched the image and it comes from Infowars. 

For lack of a better place due to vagueness, I'm putting the thing here in Trump Humor.

Michael

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

For lack of a better place due to vagueness, I'm putting the thing here in Trump Humor.

After giving it some thought, based on WikiLeaks's behavior of retweets, I think the issue is vanity and nothing more.

The WikiLeaks people believe they are knocking out Hillary Clinton, and Donald Trump isn't.

That's a relief. I have no problem if they wish to think that way, just so long as they keep doing what they're doing.

:)

Michael

17 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Other btw - Alex Baldwin this go around is not nearly as good as other Trump imitators. Trump haters might like his performance in the same manner that racists like a white man in blackface, bug-eyed, eating watermelon and slurping, but the intelligent humor factor for the rest of us is low. What happened to him?

I think Baldwin succeeded at his purpose.  Trump likes to give the appearance of glitz, glamour, cleanliness, opulence, etc.  Baldwin succeeded at making Trump look piggish, boorish, disgusting, vile.  Similar to satirizing kings or royalty to their opposite form.  (If I had to classify it, I'd call it Juvenalian.)

1 hour ago, KorbenDallas said:

I think Baldwin succeeded at his purpose.  Trump likes to give the appearance of glitz, glamour, cleanliness, opulence, etc.  Baldwin succeeded at making Trump look piggish, boorish, disgusting, vile.  Similar to satirizing kings or royalty to their opposite form.  (If I had to classify it, I'd call it Juvenalian.)

He succeeded because Trump IS   piggish, boorish, disgusting and vile.  He is my personal political  I.E.D.  which is why I am voting for him. Our current political alignment will not last if the piggish, boorish, disgusting and vile man is elected. 

2 hours ago, KorbenDallas said:

I think Baldwin succeeded at his purpose. ... Baldwin succeeded at making Trump look piggish, boorish, disgusting, vile.  Similar to satirizing kings or royalty to their opposite form.

Korben,

I don't know what purpose that could be with respect to the public unless it is singing to the choir. It's the kind of mockery only a Trump-hater appreciates.

There is no hook for independents or Trump supporters. Like I said, it's like the humor of a Minstrel Show for racists.

Michael

Juvenalian

Juvenalian satire, named for the writings of the Roman satirist Juvenal (late first century – early second century AD), is more contemptuous and abrasive than the Horatian. Juvenal disagreed with the opinions of the public figures and institutions of the Republic and actively attacked them through his literature. "He utilized the satirical tools of exaggeration and parody to make his targets appear monstrous and incompetent" (Podzemny).[32] Juvenal satire follows this same pattern of abrasively ridiculing societal structures. Juvenal also, unlike Horace, attacked public officials and governmental organizations through his satires, regarding their opinions not just as wrong, but as evil.
Following in this tradition, Juvenalian satire addresses perceived social evil through scorn, outrage, and savage ridicule. This form is often pessimistic, characterized by the use of irony, sarcasm, moral indignation and personal invective, with less emphasis on humor. Strongly polarized political satire can often be classified as Juvenalian.
A Juvenal satirist's goal is generally to provoke some sort of political or societal change because he sees his opponent or object as evil or harmful.[33] A Juvenal satirist mocks "societal structure, power, and civilization" (Thomas)[34] by exaggerating the words or position of his opponent in order to jeopardize their opponent's reputation and/or power. Jonathan Swift has been established as an author who "borrowed heavily from Juvenal's techniques in [his critique] of contemporary English society" (Podzemny).[32]

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump haters might like [Alec Baldwin's SNL Trump] performance [,,,] but the intelligent humor factor for the rest of us is low. 

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who think there are two kinds of people in the world ... and those who don't. I am one of these kinds of people. I don't try to BlackWhite all opinions of Trump into column Haters and column Right-thinkers. If I weren't one of those kinds of people, I might say something like this:

"Trump lovers might dislike Alec Baldwin's SNL Trump performance, on grounds of allegiance. True Trump supporters (lovers) find the SNL sketches of the Presidential Debates unfunny, because ..."

Baldwin just ain't funny. He ain't any good. No right-thinking person of elite intelligence and refined humour can find his performance entertaining. It was low, low humour, if it was Trump humour at all.

14716314_607923039410654_229379046027032

On 10/23/2016 at 11:52 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Your elitism is showing...

I should hope so. I have only recently reached Elite Status as beloved-if-warty elder at OL. My opinions are read by handfuls of folks of a Randian bent, scores even, maybe hundreds on a good weekend. My elitism is of course like narcissism, good perhaps only in setting aside nagging self-doubts and buttressing self-esteem. When it slides into amour-propre, it can be nasty.

Next year, I am going in for a spot with OL Elite Reason Cheerleaders. My cheering for Reason is pretty clumsy still, unpersuasive. Thank you for pointing out my falls. It hurts a little bit a first, but. 

Do I think the entirety of the Clinton Body Count is true? No. I think a good portion of it is forced.

That was my first think on the Body Count, especially when I read that its first appearance was as an email-chain, and that there had been a similar chain Bush version. Each item on the list deserved a fair-minded analysis, and I was glad somebody got there before I did, and that their analyses were straightforward. 

Do I think the excessive amount of people who die under mysterious or violent circumstances, or commit suicide, that surround the Clintons (up close) indicate a pattern? Yup.

Pattern-matching is an essential part of  Reason's Toolkit, but it can never be trusted on its own;  Pattern-matching is often primed by expectations, and subject to suggestibility. We can see what is there and then apply an extra layer of ''acuity."

hqdefault.jpg

(How many people do you know up close who committed suicide or died under mysterious or violent circumstances? Not many, I bet. Nobody else does, either. :) )

It's a very interesting sort of inquiry. First we have to segment out and inspect "mysterious or violent circumstance."  We have to take it 'case by case,' so to speak. Let's say an 'unexpected death' can be mysterious. If it is a crime, a murder, then of course the murder will be a mystery until it is solved.

But, let's set aside the blob term mysterious/violent and try to get a scope on folks we know or have known, or were at some point intimately connected with, over the span of say thirty  or more years.  With the help of archives, vital statistics, media, obituaries, crime reports, Facebook and so on, we can 'track down' let's say The 300. A person like me or Michael, not being public figures, well, we don't generally get any assistance in making deaths among the 300 fungible.

How many people among My 300 have died by their own hand during my thirty-forty years of semi-public life?  To tell the truth, too many,, far too many. Most due to suicide/accidental overdose. But to get to a good answer for Michael, I have to dig to the same degree of depth and breadth as have 'investigators' into the Bush and Clinton "body counts."

So, Michael, I can turn the question over to you. Have you an MSK Body Count?  After 40 years or so of life on earth as an adult, how many people have you 'known intimately or closely, or been ''associated with" who might have died under either violent or unknown or unspecified conditions?  How many of your underworld associates in Brazil were gunned down and we have never heard about it?

[D]o I believe Hillary Clinton is capable of murder to advance her political career? Yup.

No doubt in my mind.

That is all right. These kinds of things can be like candy; even if we know it is  confection, full of butylated hydroxytoluene, sugar, fat, caffeine and nitrogen, we are satisfied. It doesn't raise itself out of the humorous side-notes to the Presidential Ordeal, but.

I am going to go do a fortnight's work on compiling the WSS Body Count. It is going to be a bloody bore, as well as sad. The main killer (so far uncovered) was recklessness, hubris, magical thinking and a sweet adolescent kind of despair. The main agent of death was heroin, with booze, cars, smokes and thrills coming dead last.

:(

Edited by william.scherk
I remembered to add "cars" to the WSS Body Count

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

Dayaamm, you just made me choke up, tears and all.

You can be as inspiring as all get out when you put your mind to it.

Michael

That was nifty.  It is not likely to happen again anytime soon

I posted a direct link to the video on the Trump thread, but the tweet has to go here in Trump Humor.

Ah, hell, the video repeat, too. :) 

Michael Moore campaigning for Trump?

Now that's funny.

Dayaamm!

Michael

On 10/24/2016 at 1:24 PM, KorbenDallas said:

Strongly polarized political satire can often be classified as Juvenalian.

You can't make this stuff up (from 100% FED Up):

BRAINIAC HILLARY SUPPORTER DESTROYS TRUMP’S Hollywood Star With Hammer…Promptly Gets Bad News [Video]

The idiot not only allowed himself to be filmed with a pick-axe destroying the star, he made another video bragging about it.

From the article: 

Since that point in time, Otis has come forward in order to claim his fame – but it took mere seconds for him to realize that not everything is exactly going according to his poorly thought out plan when he promptly got some bad news…

Police are looking for him…

The Hollywood Chamber of Commerce says the plaque is worth $30k, so he’s confessing to a felony.

Michael

8 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

You can't make this stuff up (from 100% FED Up):

BRAINIAC HILLARY SUPPORTER DESTROYS TRUMP’S Hollywood Star With Hammer…Promptly Gets Bad News [Video]

The idiot not only allowed himself to be filmed with a pick-axe destroying the star, he made another video bragging about it.

From the article: 

Michael

That asshole destroyed property he did not own.  Has any action been taken against him?

12 minutes ago, BaalChatzaf said:

That asshole destroyed property he did not own.  Has any action been taken against him?

Well since it's Kalifornia I would guess no cookies and milk for a week.