Donald Trump

I think Trump will eventually make a deal, so to speak, and drop out. Not enough of the right ideas and substance to sustain his campaign. Whom he endorses will get the nomination: Christie, Rubio, Bush or Forina.

--Brant

Brant,

Oh nooooooo!

You've gone to the dark side and now agree with Marc.

:smile:

Michael

Marc? Who's Marc?

--Brant

Marc: jus havin' fun (who are you, btw?)

I watched the debate start to finish. Trump must be capturing the "none of the above" votes in the polls. In no way, in any of his answers, was his demeanor, knowledge of facts, purpose for running, better than any of the other candidates. Mike Huckabee sounded far better in his sincerity and grasp of purpose. I think the 'pissed off' voters will sort out who they really want to support in a few months. If the left and media thought Trump were a real threat they'd be attacking him. On the contrary, they are delighted with him. I don't think he'll last but I thank him for making the debate interesting, a few others besides Carly are showing some spine. I particularly liked Rubio.

Here's a first screenshot of the Drudge poll. It's still early (over 360k voters so far), but I see a trend of 4 distinct categories and I suspect they will hold. I marked them with red rectangles:

09.17.2015-00.09.png

I wonder if these categories will bleed over to the professional polls later. I predict something like them will.

Michael

Is this a case of Twitter support network at work?

--Brant

People are really, really pissed at the do nothing Republican's running congress. When are they going to get the message [2010, 2014] to get off their stupid asses and do something? What unconstitutional gifts does Obama have in store for the country in the remainder of his term that our present republican led congress will find excuses to do nothing about?

The lovely ladies weigh in.

I don't agree with everything they said this time around (after all, I do have a soft spot for Carly--although I believe she is being set up by the Republican machine to take a fall). However, I want to point something out.

In the second part of the video when the girls started talking about Trump, notice that they mentioned that he does stuff. They didn't use my words and phrases, but the meaning was the same. Trump is a producer. The politicians talk and get power, but they make a mess of things. Politicians don't know how to produce and don't care. Trump does.

And you know what people use to arrive at their conclusions? Their own eyes and ears. They see the people say things and not do what they say. And they see the people who do things.

Between listening to someone's words and seeing their deeds, they prefer deeds as a better indication of what the person will do in the future.

This is the underlying sentiment of Trump supporters.

I know it's mine.

Michael

Here's what I wrote to Diamond and Silk on their Facebook post of the video:

You tell 'em, girls.

I keep telling people Trump supporters are united on one thing, but nobody talks about it. We use our own eyes and ears.

We hear what people say and we see what they do. When there is a difference, we go with what they do as the best indication of what they will do in the future.

Politicians talk and make a mess. What does Trump do? He negotiates and builds things. He makes billions in top projects on the normal market. Anyone can see what he's done by looking at his buildings, his TV shows, his books and so on.

And politicians? We see what they DO, too, even though they keep SAYING they want good things for everybody. All we have to do is look around--look at the lack of opportunity to make good money and grow by honest work. That situation is what they do. They make other messes, too. Don't get me started...

So Trump supporters don't really care what they say. Sweet-tongued politicians will keep on making the same messes.

Trump will produce great things as president and get them done right. And people will follow his lead and produce great things in their own lives.

I was really glad to hear you say the same thing in your own words.

I love those girls...

:)

Michael

The fact El Presidente has been turned into some producing God-King in the minds of the washed and the great unwashed, only means the Federal Government is 99% illegit, aside from the War Department, which gets measured by a different stick if not beat down with it. Like all of us he does produce something. Like all of us, it gets flushed. But that shit is nothing like his other shit. The shit that doesn't get flushed, just dumped on all and sundry.

If you don't cleave off all romantic notions about The Presidency, you are not sane. Even if someone rides in on a white horse, he won't ride off on one unless he throws himself on a metaphorical grenade. Then the horse can pull the God-King's caisson to Arlington.

--Brant

not sane--it's the American in me

https://youtu.be/AiqrUMvxbbs

I am confused.

Many of my very close friends are women who are tough and feminine.

Almost always they are leaders, these friends.

They find this "reality show" comedy that poses as a political debate not particularly funny.

Moreover, they have seen women be brutal in there physical descriptions of other women and men.

Carly in particular, her Barbara Boxer moment is out there and too many folks know it.

A...

Carly in particular, her Barbara Boxer moment is out there and too many folks know it.

Adam,

The real damage is waiting in the wings. When Carly ran against Boxer, they put out a devastating ad on her claiming that during the time she laid off tens of thousands of employees at HP, she bought a yacht worth a million dollars. It was ugly the way they did it.

I believe the Republican machine is setting her up to see how much damage she can do to Trump before they pull this kind of crap on her to knock her out of public favor. And, believe me, they've got more. They want to get their man Jeb (or similar) in, not her. They're using her as cannon fodder so to speak.

I hope she's got her ninja tools sharpened for when it comes. She's going to need them when the backroom boys no longer perceive her anti-Trump value, even when (I believe) Trump stays in first place. They are going to want to move their man up the ladder at some point and, if her public acceptance keeps up, she will be in their way.

Michael

I hope she's got her ninja tools sharpened for whenI it comes. She's going to need them when the backroom boys no longer perceive her anti-Trump value, even when (I believe) Trump stays in first place. They are going to want to move their man up the ladder at some point and, if her public acceptance keeps up, she will be in their way.

Michael

Yep, what happened in that Board Room battle is never pretty. Lot's of against the wall accusations about manipulating money etc.

And in many ways, your ego, I know mine did, thought they could handle playing with the system and out manipulating it's manipulation of you.

I believe Carly is playing this the same way...hope she survives, since she would make a great VP for The Donald if Evita manages to steal this nomination.

When I accepted help getting on the ballot, I still felt I was in control of my destiny...I thought it was worth the risk. Did not count on the fact that the Board of Elections was fixed all the way up to the Court of Appeals of NY State lol.

It was still worth the gamble.

A...

Adam,

I found the video ad Boxer did against Carly that I mentioned. I don't want to embed it since this is a Trump thread, not an anti-Carly thread (which I wouldn't do anyway), but here is the link for anyone who wants to see it.

I read somewhere that this ad was the definitive knockout punch in her election against Boxer. Carly didn't recover.

I believe the Republican machine has this and a lot more stuff like it on tap, just waiting for the right time to release it. They are like the big bad wolf dressed as grandma telling Carly to come on in.

Michael

I think Trump will eventually make a deal, so to speak, and drop out. Not enough of the right ideas and substance to sustain his campaign. Whom he endorses will get the nomination: Christie, Rubio, Bush or Forina.

--Brant

Brant,

Oh nooooooo!

You've gone to the dark side and now agree with Marc.

Michael

Marc? Who's Marc?

--Brant

Marc: jus havin' fun (who are you, btw?)

lololol , love this place . Can hardly wait for the eventual boom to drop with Trump . Great guy , no doubt . Brilliant , obviously . Reality TV status and being Donald , and also right place , right time after the last 7 years . But when these politicians start taking him on , start talking about stuff when his bombastic attitude just won't do , and when the folks who do not vote in the primaries , do not vote .... then poof .

DT is just gonna play some Trump games , do his thing , have his fun . When the real politics start , this won't be a slide . It will be fast and furious and then for the 3rd ( or is it 4th time ) , he will bow out again , make his deal . Thats what he does , and he is great at . I give him big props for having his fun and doing his thing but if anyone thinks he is going to go toe to toe with these machines built for this shit for 14 months ??????????

Zero chance .

On CNN News. Hillary Clinton to Donald Trump: 'Cut it out' Business Insider By Brett LoGiurato 53 minutes ago. Democratic presidential front-runner Hillary Clinton told her Republican counterpart to "cut it out" late Thursday night, after Donald Trump fueled controversy by declining to correct an audience member who referred to President Barack Hussein Obama as a Muslim.

"Donald Trump not denouncing false statements about POTUS & hateful rhetoric about Muslims is disturbing, & just plain wrong. Cut it out," Clinton tweeted Thursday night. She signed the tweet with an "-H," which signifies that she wrote it.
end quote

Bob. Are you listening to this?

Yes sir, Mr. Trump.

It’s time for me to take it to that bitch. And some bozo loser named Marc said I had zero chance.

Publically, we refer to her as the progressive front runner, Mr. Trump. I don’t know Marc.

Can that crap. I’m done with barking at the Republicans. Let’s go after the Democratic front runner. I want to know all of her vulnerabilities. I want to know her dismal record at State. How many died because of her, Bob? This is serious. We need to destroy her politically because she is the most evil thing jeopardizing this country. She must not win in 2016.

Yes Sir.

Tomorrow we zero in on her. She has to go. She can’t call me disturbing and just plain wrong and expect to repeat the same bull shit tomorrow. I want a full out campaign at 6 am on my desk.

Yes Sir.

Where’s my sweet Milania? Tell her I want her in the suite. Now.

Yes Sir.

Here are a couple of videos on what is coming Carly's way re Trump. They are indications for now so I might be wrong, but I don't think so. They involve media manipulation. The first is from Mark Levin:

Levin sees what I see. Carly was a preordained winner by the establishment Republican media to take down Trump in the debate. And they are writing her up on cue. But this is a flash in the pan.

Like Levin said, notice how the same media characters who have been railing against Trump and touting establishment Republicans are suddenly for Carly? But the secret to their behavior is that they really want Jeb Bush. Levin did not say Carly was "cannon fodder" like I did above, but he described the same situation in different words. And it doesn't include them supporting her in the end.

The next is how Trump is going to handle his own attacks on Carly as normal competition for the nomination. The following video is from his rally in New Hampshire yesterday.

The thing that stands out to me here is what Trump said at the beginning when a former Lucent employee and investor asked him a question. He said he wanted to wait a couple of days before going into Carly's disastrous performance as CEO, but he went ahead and milked the lady's grievances against Carly. Then he moved on since he knows this will not be a media splash right now. 

What this means is that he knows how to orchestrate the media so that he ultimately controls what they are talking about. I don't mean he makes them talk about this or that. I mean he manages to get them talking in such a way that he constantly benefits from every shitstorm they throw at him.

So, for the present context, he knows he has to wait until the establishment Republican media folks have written themselves out about how Carly heroically triumphed over him in the debate and put him in his place for once and for all time, amen. And he knows this only means a couple of days in our fast news turnover world. By necessity, they will need new material after the flash dies down. That was when he was planning his counter-attack on her executive competence.

But I think he will counter-attack Carly in earnest even later than he wanted because a new shitstorm is rising from the Social Justice Warriors about him not correcting a man in that same rally when the man affirmed Obama was a Muslim. Instead, Trump politely blew him off. The SJW people are going ape and trying to use this to paint Trump's supporters as racists while he panders to them. I would give a link or other, but I don't need to. It's all over the media right now.

But this is a gift to someone savvy in media manipulation, as the SJW crowd will soon see. At least I believe another bump in Trump's ratings will be caused by this affair. If I were Trump, the temptation to use the Social Justice Warrior baiting technique for a story that just fell into my lap would be too tempting to not use. He's going to let this run for a couple of days until the media crosses the line into ridiculous, which they almost already have done. Then, without apologizing, he will come out and make some gotcha explanation or other that gives him an out and makes the media folks look like morons and he will strongly insinuate they are (without going into full attack mode) just so people get the message. The trick is to make it look like people arrive at the "moron" judgment on their own.

Voila. Instant appeal to new voters.

Trump doesn't use frontal confrontation against Social Justice Warriors like he does with elite targets, even though it looks like he does. That's a ruse. He uses judo where he takes the SJW's own motion as a tool to work in his favor as he throws them over his head.

The funny part is, the SJW media falls for it over and over, even if you explain it to them. They can't help themselves, poor things. I guess they are morons for real. :smile:

After this runs, though, I predict he will get back to dealing with Carly.

Michael

Here is what Carley can't even see coming her way from the radical gender-feminists:

Wednesday night, at a presidential debate watched by 25 million people, Carly Fiorina made up graphic lies about Planned Parenthood's life-saving fetal tissue research.

And every word she said was pure fiction, intended to scare you.

Fact-checkers agree that nothing in the videos remotely resembles what she described--and yet CNN's debate moderator said NOTHING to correct the record.1

We need debate moderators with the courage and journalistic integrity to correct candidates on the spot when they state blatant falsehoods. Corrections printed in the paper the next day don't help when most people who watched the debate never see them. In 2012, when Gov. Romney made things up about President Obama's actions concerning Libya, CNN moderator Candy Crowley gently corrected the record on live TV.2 The result was a better informed public.

That's why we all need to demand that CNN and the other major news networks that will host debates later in the campaign to correct presidential candidates when they lie about Planned Parenthood.

Click here to sign the petition--and then share it with your friends so it will keep growing.

And these folks will never give up attacking her...

A...

The following video really should go in the Carly thread, but I'm fine with keeping the negative stuff about Carly out of there for a while. I do want to mention it, though. Not because I am against Carly. But because this stuff is going to be used against her.

For example, here is a video of Carly from the time she was John McCain's advisor. In it, she explains why she admires Hillary Clinton so much. And she kinda goes on and on about it, like way too much...

Trump has to be aware of this, but I'm not sure he would use it. Maybe...

But other people definitely will.

For those wanting to play gotcha with Trump's past and holding Carly out as The Answer, it's better to look at all of it, not just media narratives--especially since media narratives change. No candidate is going to be without a Damage Control Department in their campaign this cycle and survive. Carly needs to get on top of this stuff before the moneyed attacks come because they will be brutal.

She should have already mentioned this video herself instead of waiting for an enemy to do so. She still should. Otherwise, her enemies will control the frame, not her.

Michael

But other people definitely will.

For those wanting to play gotcha with Trump's past and holding Carly out as The Answer, it's better to look at all of it, not just media narratives--especially since media narratives change. No candidate is going to be without a Damage Control Department in their campaign this cycle and survive. Carly needs to get on top of this stuff before the moneyed attacks come because they will be brutal.

She should have already mentioned this video herself instead of waiting for an enemy to do so. She still should. Otherwise, her enemies will control the frame, not her.

Michael

Yes, bring it up first and reduce the damage.

Sadly, she will not be able to maintain the "outsider" meme, since she never was one after California.

A...

I just turned the TV on and Sheppard Smith made a fuss how Trump suddenly "went dark" on TV and canceled an appearance in South Carolina. He discussed it with Chris Wallace.

In my view, Trump is obviously going to milk this particular Social Justice Warrior baiting session to the hilt. (The one where he did not correct the guy who called Obama a Muslim.)

The first stage is to not let anyone know what he is thinks about the fuss, especially not take a question on TV, since an answer would kill the buzz before it was big. Instead, he will let the SJWs speculate to the gills, and wait until they say he took time off because he was ashamed and afraid. That he's cowering.

The rest is just too easy to predict.

Let's see if I am right.

:)

Michael

I just turned the TV on and Sheppard Smith made a fuss how Trump suddenly "went dark" on TV and canceled an appearance in South Carolina. He discussed it with Chris Wallace.

In my view, Trump is obviously going to milk this particular Social Justice Warrior baiting session to the hilt. (The one where he did not correct the guy who called Obama a Muslim.)

The first stage is to not let anyone know what he is thinks about the fuss, especially not take a question on TV, since an answer would kill the buzz before it was big. Instead, he will let the SJWs speculate to the gills, and wait until they say he took time off because he was ashamed and afraid. That he's cowering.

The rest is just too easy to predict.

Let's see if I am right.

Michael

And when he returns, he will have a great deal announcement...might even be two deals one business and the other political...

A...

People are finally starting to say this "say versus do" thing. They're doing it in their own manner with their own words, but they're making it clear. 

btw - This was a Trump retweet, so it is going out to about 8 million people.

Michael

Eastwood or Trump?

"

Sure, the former Celebrity Apprentice boss may be ahead in the polls for the GOP nomination, but a new survey conducted by Harris Poll reveals that it’s actually conservative Clint Eastwood whom Americans would rather vote for.

When Harris Poll asked 2,039 adults whether the Oscar-winning director or business mogul, 69, would get their vote, 72 percent chose Eastwood, while 28 percent selected Trump.

"

Clint actually has experience as a politician...too bad he's 85.