Donald Trump

Backpage facilitated sex trafficking of women & kids in 943 locations, in 97 countries in 7 languages! ? Do you understand that President Trump just saved LITERALLY MILLIONS of kids from rape! I can't emphasize enough how BIG LEAUGE this is! ?#QAnon #Pedogate #Pizzagate
The following media may contain sensitive material.

"President Trump announces military strikes on Syrian government chemical weapons facilities, in alliance with the UK and France." Full speech.

Syria is over. The Alawites, Russians and Persians won.

All three have been given time to shuffle, move, hide, extract all their stuff. Nothing meaningful or game-changing will happen to Assad or Putin. Reports will say big, big damage. A little song and dance, and then peace will break out.

"President Donald J Trump has taken action to stop Syrian chemical weapons use"

Nothing beats blowing up weaponzied sarin gas storage facilities. That’s the EPA recommended method. Yeah, I’m sure that’s what’s happening ?.

After the song and dance will be a contrite Assad. He will give up the rest of “his” chemical weapons and all of the programs. Then peace will break out.

From my perspective, I'm still not sure what has gone on with the Syrian bombing this go around. The media sure as hell has not been unified up to now.

If, as President Trump and his staff claim, this is solely about eliminating the use of poison gas weapons, I can live with that and even be happy to be wrong.

If, as has habitually happened in US history since the last century, this turns into an endless war for profit quagmire, this will represent the first crack in my support of President Trump.

For now, I'm giving the President a vote of confidence based on his good character.

The bitch of it is, the only way we have of learning anything at all about Syria is through the press, both mainstream and alt. And, as we have seen with the bombardment of fake news in the mainstream press, they are mostly propagandists for political agendas. As to the alt media (discounting the fruitcakes like the white power idiots, black power idiots, full-on communists, etc., who few take seriously anyway), their information is limited by the low-scale scope of their respective operations and slanted by the beliefs of the different commentators.

So, like I said earlier, "I don't think anyone really knows who did the chemical attack in Syria."

I mean, among the public, of course. Mad Dog Mattis said in his press briefing that he is sure the Syrian government did it.

With a reluctant, "HmmmOhngKay." I'll go with that for now on a vote of confidence level. But it will be nice when people like me will be able to see actual evidence from sources that are not habitual liars.

(btw - Seeing a comment elsewhere, let me respond here. I still hold that, when discussing President Trump, William doesn't know the difference between actual war and negotiation. :) If this strike ends up being limited to a one-off, this will be more of a negotiation--a proof of intent, so to speak--than a full out battle or war. For William, obviously it is war and proof positive that the people he believes in are 100% right all of the time, so we should believe them every time they speak of such things, even when they lie. :evil:  :) )

Michael

This is what I mean:

If that's the long and short of it, I'm fine with Syrian attack.

If not, I'm not.

Michael

Michael, Trump too is against endless war. He knows Assad did not use chemical weapons. It is not what’s being reported. It may even be to draw out McStain’s ISIS and other shit, hoping they can exploit the occasion, only to be slaughtered by Russian and Syrian forces. Certainly don’t watch any tv coverage.

3 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Trump too is against endless war.

Jon,

I know that. And that is why I am reserving judgment except for a vote of confidence. Once I see what eventually comes out, I will revise my evaluations and opinions to reflect the new knowledge.

Also, President Trump sees classified information we don't get to see. So even if I wanted to judge that, I can't until the dust settles and it goes into the public domain where I can look at it. I know what I believe President Trump does with information that requires difficult decisions. And that belief is based on observing him, reading his books and bios, etc. So, regarding this airstrike, I believe he did what he honestly thought best for America based on the information he was provided.

Still, for this case, I'm running on the fumes of my judgment of President Trump's character. I just don't have enough information to say anything else with certainty. I trust President Trump to do the right thing according to his best judgment and correct his course if he ever perceives he did something wrong. That's been his habit all his life. Also, I trust him to win. That, also, has been his habit all his life. And I trust him to keep loving America.

This trust is my epistemological fuel for the time being. Later I hope to fill the tank with facts and knowledge.

Michael

Michael, Michael, Michael,.....to do the right thing according to one's own best judgment is what nearly everyone on the planet does.  It's the thorny question of what is the right thing that is the epistemological fuel for,among other things, your Constitution, religion, Objectist Living, etc.   Could your own best judgment not be a teeny bit selective here?

Love, 

Great-Aunt Daunce

8 minutes ago, caroljane said:

... to do the right thing according to one's own best judgment is what nearly everyone on the planet does...

Carol,

Apparently, I'm more jaded that you are.

I find most people consistently do the wrong thing according to their cognitive biases, vices, short term wishes, etc., until they get hurt by reality. Then they think about doing the right thing and some even do it.

However, I agree that nearly everyone on the planet says they try to do the right thing according to their best judgment.

Thinking about New Year's resolutions for some reason...

btw - I'm not a teeny bit selective about President Trump. That's for wusses. I'm big honking selective.

Love right back atcha...

:)

Michael

Then again there's this:

We'll have to see what happens from this point on.

However, to compare the Swamp Critter, George Bush The Junior with Donald Trump is not a comparison I agree with.

Michael

The war was all but over. There was still some of McStain’s deep state ISIS shit and their rogue US military handlers and there was too much Hezbollah shit lying around waiting to sabotage peace. We had to fix those problems. Deception is often required in war, and we little people obviously get duped also, indeed absolutely everyone will be deceived if the enemy (the fascist deep state) is to be successfully deceived. The problems are fixed now. The war is over. Watch peace break out very rapidly.

Then it will all happen over again, probably with a European epicenter this time. (Sweden obviously got infiltrated many years ago, for example, and must be liberated.) The next one also will end the same way - by Putin and Trump performing an elaborate act that deceives and rattles the deep state into doing something monumentally stupid and getting annihilated, so that more countries may be freed and peace can be made...repeat...

Would a more lasting and just solution be to kill Assad (or Kim of North Korea)? But if we and our allies miss the bastards, then we may need to keep trying, and trying. So, morally, I have no problem executing a murderer, but we should succeed the first time. If a dictator is killed, do his people mourn him? I doubt it, even if they buy into the state supported propaganda about him or, are somewhat nationalistic. I think the bad old days of “Animal Farm” or “1984” are gone for good. Even the Hermit Kingdom, North Korea, has a hard time keeping the truth from its people. Remember the North Korean people weeping over Lil Kim’s Dad? You could tell those were crocodile tears. Waah. Booey hooey.   

Thin legal ground. Wow, Liddle Shit is on fire. His team was clamoring for the “morally justified” strikes, but he is finding out that his team got fooled and smashed, so he is transitioning his position to condemnation. Liddle Shit knows he is running out of time.

Bashar al-Assad’s chemical weapons attack against his own people merited a strong international response — these attacks must not be tolerated. However morally justified, the strikes risk serious escalation. Absent congressional authorization, they are also on thin legal ground.

The President’s tweeting team knows perfectly well when to capitalize. He is thanking for recent operations and expressing pride in and announcing vast expansion of, the Marine Corps.

So proud of our great Military which will soon be, after the spending of billions of fully approved dollars, the finest that our Country has ever had. There won’t be anything, or anyone, even close!

Tell me again that the purpose of the strikes was to set Assad back.

In an ironic twist, according to Syrian forces the last group of militants has left their last stronghold - the city of Douma in the Damascus suburbs - less than 24 hours after Western coalition members the US, the UK, and France fired over 100 missiles at targets inside of Syria in a response to an alleged chemical attack in the city.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-14/syrian-army-declares-victory-over-rebels-eastern-ghouta-hours-after-airstrikes

“Somebody has some explaining to do... or did the Syrian airstrikes just 'distract' the citizenry from the reality surrounding the Skripal poisoning?

“Remember how we were told by the politicians (not the scientists) that a deadly Novichok nerve agent - produced by Russia - was used in the attempted assassination of the Skripals? Remember the 50 questions (here and here) we had surrounding the 'facts' as Theresa May had laid them out? Ever wonder why, given how utterly deadly we were told this chemical was, the Skripals wondered around for a few hours after being 'infected' and then days later, survived with no chronic damage?

“Well those doubts may well have just been answered as according to the independent Swiss state Spiez lab, the substance used on Sergei Skripal was an agent called BZ, which was never produced in Russia, but was in service in the US, UK, and other NATO states.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-14/independent-swiss-lab-says-bz-toxin-used-skripal-poisoning-usuk-produced-not

21 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Tell me again that the purpose of the strikes was to set Assad back.

In an ironic twist, according to Syrian forces the last group of militants has left their last stronghold - the city of Douma in the Damascus suburbs - less than 24 hours after Western coalition members the US, the UK, and France fired over 100 missiles at targets inside of Syria in a response to an alleged chemical attack in the city.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-04-14/syrian-army-declares-victory-over-rebels-eastern-ghouta-hours-after-airstrikes

Jon,

That is interesting. This raises questions that no one sees on the normal pro versus anti strike yelling right now.

Zero Hedge is neither mainstream news nor alt, but in my mind, I consider it more alt than mainstream. And things like what you just posted is why I like looking at alt media so much.

Here's another alt media source raising some questions no one is talking about.

I don't know enough to agree or disagree with a lot of inferences people are making in the yelling. But common sense facts seem to be out the window. So it's refreshing to see people mention the obvious. 

Like your post says, Syrian forces get rid of militant rebels right where they were bombed. Talk about cognitive dissonance...

Like Styx says above, Russia blinked. They threatened to torpedo the US ships, then did nothing. Also, nobody is talking about it, but real people died in this air strike. And that is a pisser. Real people dying is an inconvenient statistic to the news swirling around. That is not OK by me. I'm not naive so I know people die in acts of war. But deaths (most likely of civilians) is a hell of a fact to leave to leave out in all the rhetoric.

There is so much cognitive dissonance right now. For instance:

How is it that only women and children were seen being gassed? Was the gas weapon used anti-male?

Did the Syrian government confiscate all the smartphones with cameras before gassing? Why no further pics and videos of victims?

President Trump pardons top neocon Scooter Libby and even gets a call of thanks from Dick Cheney, then goes boom with the bombs. Coincidence?

President Trump is against this kind of bombing and foreign endless war for profit. I fully believe this. But he did this thing and major voices in his base are melting down. Alex Jones even cried on air. Michael Savage is fit to be tied. And so on. Since President Trump is not a stupid man. He knew this would shake up his base.

Idiots on the left think President Trump bombed another country to distract from Mueller. (Oops... I am listing items of cognitive dissonance. Sorry. This doesn't qualify. Left loonies being idiots is not much of a puzzle. :) )

Top Democrats are now defending Putin and Assad. :) 

Is it possible to blow up stockpiles of poison gas and not release it in the air?

UK and France participated in this strike. Why not other countries?

Assad was winning with Americans leaving and is said to do the one thing that would reverse the US pullout.

Canada's Trudeau loved the strike, but said it in polito-speak (unfortunate but necessary).

I could go on, but enough. My point is not to make a subtextual statement. It's the obvious. These things go against the grain of normal public perception before the strike. That makes it really hard to know anything for sure right now. So the only thing I can do is speculate. Later I am sure a lot of this will clear up.

btw - I really like the way you think. Insightful dot-connecting is the first step toward understanding and proof.

Michael

Thank you, Michael.

I don’t believe the anti-Assad propaganda Obama put out for many years that fixed the public’s image of him. I knew Obama was evil and it was probably all lies to support endless war. The public had to believe Assad was evil so the deep state-aligned mass media made Assad evil.

Assad will stay and enjoy a Russian seciurty guarantee. Russia will keep her Mediterranean port and the ground presence that that implies, and she will control more of the energy flow to Europe.  Iran will not have the level of influence in Syria that it used to.

"Shortly, The Public Will Be Unable To Reason Or Think For Themselves. They'll Only Be Able To Parrot The Information They've Been Given On The Previous Night's News." ― Zbigniew Brzezinski

Embedded

Conversation

"Trump Could Have Undermined The Messaging So Much That He Can Actually Control Exactly What People Think, And That Is Our Job." ― Mika Brzezinski

Embedded

Jon,

That's the way it works. (Although there are a lot of covert manipulation techniques and neuroscience involved when experts craft the messages.)

btw - I've noticed something about Mika. When Joe and she used to talk to candidate Trump on their show, she seemed happier. Have you noticed this?

As background, during the primaries, I believe they had an appointed mission from some backroom ruling class folks to stay close to "the buffoon" and make sure he would not create problems for Jeb! or whoever won. And they didn't think this was such a hard task, so they always yukked it up with Trump. The reason I think this is because of all the insider stuff from certain powers that be they kept airing on their show later. This task clearly emerged from the subtext a few times, although it was still subtext, not stated openly.

Once it became clear to them (and the ones who reamed them out a new one) that they had fucked up because "the buffoon" was no longer "the buffoon" and was not going away, they turned on Trump on a dime. I remember when that happened. The quickness of their flip shocked me. They suddenly became his biggest haters online and have only intensified their hatred as history unfolded.

Since then, Mika has convinced Joe to leave the Republican party, they got married, and Joe lost all the principles he used to believe in. I've heard the nastier gossips use the term "pussy-whipped," but I suppose that term is too out of fashion these days to go beyond the purview of gossips. But Joe has become more and more Mika-like in his politics. It looks like the change and the growth of the change are permanent. I no longer watch Morning Joie regularly, but even in the little I see, this is evident.

Something else is evident, too. The corners of Mika's mouth these days always bend slightly down. This is true even in the photo above. And the default emotion of her normal facial expression is controlled irritation, like she just put a cilantro-laden bite of food in her mouth without remembering she loathes cilantro, but she's on camera and can't let it show.

It seems like the more she gets what she wants out of the people next to her, the more sour she is on life. God knows what all she's been into. (Since I have lived among very bad people and have seen this transformation too many times to ignore, I notice it in her.) Specifically, I don't have any real dirt on her, not even gossip, but she sure looks like she fits the bill of a doozy. In other words, and I say this without knowing any details or even if there are any details, if the metaphysics of Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Grey were reality, I would hate to be the canvas bearing her portrait in the attic. :) 

Michael