Donald Trump

Fire Contained At Bill, Hillary Clinton's Chappaqua Compound

http://poundridge.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/fire-contained-at-bill-hillary-clintons-chappaqua-compound/730294/

[...]

The wood fire began in the Secret Service facility on the Clintons property at 15 Old House Lane. The building was not connected to the Clintons; main home, according to Nick Merril, a spokesman for Hillary Clinton. The fire was called in at 2:51 p.m. according to New Castle Police.

No injuries were reported,  New Castle Police said. The Clintons were not at home when the fire occurred.

[...]

1 minute ago, KorbenDallas said:

Fire Contained At Bill, Hillary Clinton's Chappaqua Compound

http://poundridge.dailyvoice.com/police-fire/fire-contained-at-bill-hillary-clintons-chappaqua-compound/730294/

[...]

A fire that broke out at the Northern Westchester compound of former President Bill Clinton and his wife, 2016 Democratic presidential nominee, Hillary Clinton was "knocked down" Wednesday afternoon, according to multiple reports.

The wood fire began in the Secret Service facility on the Clintons property at 15 Old House Lane. The building was not connected to the Clintons; main home, according to Nick Merril, a spokesman for Hillary Clinton. The fire was called in at 2:51 p.m. according to New Castle Police.

No injuries were reported,  New Castle Police said. The Clintons were not at home when the fire occurred.

[...]

Because they’re at Gitmo.

7 hours ago, Jon Letendre said:

Damn Bill and his cigars. Was Monica visiting?

Jon,

I'm just going to put this one out there.

Regardless of whatever it means or doesn't mean, if it makes some heads explode, I'm happy. :evil: 

:)

Michael

5 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Jon,

I'm just going to put this one out there.

Regardless of whatever it means or doesn't mean, if it makes some heads explode, I'm happy. :evil: 

Michael

Hillary is a witch, (very high up, obviously.) So I have no trouble believing that some ritual was sloppily prepared and got out of hand. Im sure there are celebrations of past conquests and such. I just don’t think they would be celebrating Rich, which was just business, correction of an embarrassing screw-up, and not a triumph over some life-long nemesis.

Indoor gunshots can start a fire.

2 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Let me throw a little gas on the fire of this last post with another cool coincidence.

The fire happened on the same day Chelsea Clinton wished Happy New Year to the Church of Satan...

Chelsea Clinton Wishes The Church Of Satan A Happy New Year

:evil:  :) 

Michael

That was really glorious. Of course, she isn’t stupid enough to do this, so one wonders whether a hacker somewhere did it remotely, or a white hat at Twitter, or an embedded white hat security detail did it while she was in the shower.

We are watching the takedown. Buckle up.

42 minutes ago, Jon Letendre said:

Hillary is a witch, (very high up, obviously.)

I suppose I have to say something about the dust-up between President Trump and Steve Bannon.

(yawn)

For some reason, I don't think the whole story is out in the mainstream.

Just use common sense. Everybody and their brothers are saying they were misquoted in Wolff's upcoming book, Fire and Fury, but for some reason, we are expected to believe that the Bannon quotes are accurate. Or worse, that President Trump believed them. Hell, President Trump himself is going after the book.

Do you want a huge tell? President Trump keeps calling Bannon "Steve." Not "Mr. Bannon." Not "Bannon." Not anything of the sort. He kept calling him "Steve." He did that many times in his "Lost his mind" statement (see here).

(Well, he's released a new moniker, "Sloppy Steve" above. :) Somehow that doesn't have the teeth in it that "Lyin' Ted" and "Crooked Hillary" have. Honestly, I think part of this is that he's publicly spanking Bannon for losing the race in Alabama. Trump doesn't like losing. :) )

So nah...

Other stuff is going down. I don't know what it is yet, but I bet the way this is hogging the mainstream news is part of it. After all, there's lots of buzz about Gitmo and the deep state these days. Sessions going after pot. New Clinton investigations. God knows what else. And all the media wants to talk about is Wolff's book and Bannon.

Besides, even if part of the nasty side of the kerfuffle is true--and I believe it is (do not mess with President Trump's family and Bannon has been going after "Javanka" for a long time--also, rumor has it Bannon leaked way too much to the press while in White House), this will blow over. Look at how big buds President Trump is now with Ted Cruz. Yet during the campaign, they were so vicious to each other, they played the dozens and went after each other's wives. :) 

Once more, in the score for this round:

President Trump: 1
Mainstream media: 0

Ah yes, and Steve Bannon was the mascot, except he tripped and spilled Gatorade all over himself during the game.

Michael

Sloppy Steve Bannon cried, begged, then was dumped like a dog  ?

Those WashPo and CNN review quotes are strange. Disavowing an upcoming anti-Trump book., why would they do that? Has the media already had its strings cut?

Michael Wolff is a total loser who made up stories in order to sell this really boring and untruthful book. He used Sloppy Steve Bannon, who cried when he got fired and begged for his job. Now Sloppy Steve has been dumped like a dog by almost everyone. Too bad!

1 hour ago, Jon Letendre said:

Sloppy Steve Bannon cried, begged, then was dumped like a dog  ?

Those WashPo and CNN review quotes are strange. Disavowing an upcoming anti-Trump book., why would they do that? Has the media already had its strings cut?

Jon,

This story is very strange. Now that President Trump is dogging Steve Bannon, there has to be a reason.

One thing came to mind. I keep hearing that the White House people were told to engage with Wolff, but nobody seems to know who told them to do that. Since the interviews with WH folks all happened while Bannon was there, and since Bannon has been identified by President Trump as a leaker, I think it's reasonable to speculate that he was the one who encouraged this. After all, he kept Joshua Green, the author of Devil's Bargain around and on the inside.

Another idea. I wonder if Mitch McConnell & Co. told President Trump he would have a smoother time passing things if he cut off Steve Bannon. Since Trump is probably pissed about the leaking (and probably about Wolff's book), that would be an easy trade. Maybe...

But somehow my warning bells keep going off. Now the mainstream media, which should be salivating for the next 6 months over Wolff's book and quoting it ad nauseum, is starting to pull out. They don't care that it is fake news. Not really. So why?

This whole kerfuffle seems coordinated.

Michael

I've been watching CNN about this and I got the impression that some of the leftist commentators weren't so on board with the book.  I think that's all there is to it.

They seem to be herding back to the Trump/Russia investigation already.

Rush Limbaugh today:

Didn’t Everyone Know Sloppy Steve Was the Leaker?

From the transcript:

One of the things that I happened to mention yesterday was that everybody knows, or has known, that most of the leaking coming out of the White House had been Steve Bannon.  You’d be stunned at the number of people who knew.  Bannon was spending so much time with Maggie Haberman at the New York Times. He was spending a lot of time with people at The Politico.  Everybody knew this, and I by no means was the only one saying it.

. . .

RUSH ARCHIVE (from the previous day): ... The thing that I think everybody believes and that everybody knows is that most of the leaking that was coming out of the Trump White House was Steve Bannon. Over half of it. And that’s what Don Jr. and Jared… Well, Don Jr.’s comments primarily. That’s what they’re referring to, and I have that on almost unassailable authority.

. . .

... I think one of the things that happened to Trump is that he deferred to what he thought were professional political people who knew how to get things done in Washington, something he didn’t know how to do, but he did know how to do it in his world. And what we’re seeing here is the result. Rather than people trying to help him, he ended up hiring a bunch of people that wanted to undermine him.

Essentially, he brought the wolves into the henhouse. Well-intentioned, trying to be respectful, trying to be good, loyal party guy. Reince Priebus, RNC chairman. Priebus was also leaking, I’m told.

. . .

Here’s Ainsley Earhardt. This is the follow-up Fox News segment after they had aired the clip of yesterday’s program where I identified Bannon as one of the primary leakers. ... Ainsley Earhardt then turned to the White House Press Secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

EARHART: This morning we had Rush Limbaugh saying in a sound bite from his radio show yesterday that Steve Bannon was the leaker in the White House. Is there truth to that?

SANDERS: Look, I think we all know that he spent a lot of time with reporters. I think he spent a lot more time with reporters than he ever did with the president, and I think that’s very telling. One of the most important things that you can do when you’re working in any capacity, but especially in politics, is to be loyal. And I think we’ve seen a side that is, frankly, very, very disappointing.

RUSH: Well! That’s kind of dancing around the whole thing there, but I think we get the drift.

So the issue stuck in President Trump's throat is probably the leaking (along with the Alabama election fiasco).

I've never heard Rush talk much about Steve Bannon. Here's what he also said today (in a different transcript: see here).

... all of a sudden Trump becomes president. How does he staff? I never understood the choice of Bannon. I think I know how it happened, but I never understood it. It didn’t make sense from day one to me.

But if a donor to Trump wanted it, and if you, Trump, thought that the guy had been helpful, okay, fine.  Because Trump doesn’t need a strategist.  Trump is the strategist.  Trump is the idea man in his administration.  Trump is the guy that drives it.  Remember, there is nobody higher on the food chain in Donald Trump’s life than Donald Trump.  We can’t relate to that.  Most of us, there’s always a bunch of people above us who can dramatically change our lives.  They can hire us, promote us. They can fire us, destroy us.  So we always have to defer.

In one way or another, all of us have to be aware that there’s somebody more powerful, wealthier, more connected that can either help us or harm us.  Donald Trump doesn’t have anybody, and no other billionaire does either.

The donor who wanted Steve Bannon on then-candidate Trump's team was Rebekah Mercer. They made up a title for him (chief executive of the campaign) and after the election, another title (chief strategist and senior counselor to the President-elect). His official titles once President Trump took office were Senior Counselor to the President (a normal position) and White House Chief Strategist (a position created for him).

As if Trump ever needed a "chief strategist." That title sounds a bit like it came from Bannon's fascination with military battles.

I'm not all in on writing Bannon out of the Trump history, though, as seems to be the general drift in the current pile-on. Bannon was there during the general election. He had Trump's ear and he helped Trump win.

But, apparently, he engaged in some righty-right-righteous sneaky self-serving activities while he was on board, especially after President Trump was sworn in. And now he has a Trumpian nickname that will be hard to shake.

Even so, I predict President Trump and Steve Bannon will kiss and make up over time. After all, Roger Stone is currently Trump's personal friend. But there have been times in the past Trump fell out with him and called him "Stone Cold Loser." :)

Michael

In case there's any doubt.

You gotta love President Trump (unless you hate him :) ).

The ruling class elites are not used to being shown up in this manner--in reality--and crowed over like the idiots they are when they get disoriented.

It stings like hell to them.

And I love it

Michael

I thought Trump only hired the best and the brightest, and that Trump was a good judge of character?  If so, why fire Bannon?

Do Trumpists now not like Bannon since he was excommunicated from Trumptopia, but previously they did?

Spoiler

In case anyone missed the subtlety of President Trump's three tweets above about his intelligence, let me point out a couple of things.

1. President Trump wrote: "Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart."

Notice that vernacular use of "like"? This is designed to get people to mock it. And I'm seeing anti-Trump people all over the place biting at the bait.

2. Now the kicker. President Trump wrote: "I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!"

Next to the vernacular "like," this is just screaming for a Trump hater to make some snide comment about genius, how Trump is a narcissist for calling himself a genius--and he can't even write decent English to boot, yada yada yada.

What is the result? President Trump has engineered the entire mainstream press, including and all those lesser anti-Trump pundits, to spend some quality time uniting the name "Trump" with "genius." 

After the dust dies down, the mockery will no longer be remembered, but the subconscious residue of "genius Trump" will remain in the minds of many. All he has to do later is fill in new details in a mental form that now exists. (Thank you, Trump haters. :) )

This is how to make an idea familiar and move the Overton window at the same time. And the beauty of it is he is making his enemies do the grunt work--and... ROTFLMAO... they are doing it with relish.

What a bunch of dummies.

This is the equivalent of a masterclass in a covert persuasion technique--engineering the availability heuristic in the public mind. (btw - It's a well-known technique that is taught in persuasion classes--usually not in this context, but the principle is identical.)

Michael

This should go in the conspiracy theory thread, but so many people are saying it in the alternative media world I'm putting it here.

1. President Trump is soon going to drop an EMP (electromagnetic pulse attack) on North Korea. This will fry North Korea's electrical grid, thus totally disable its nuclear program without firing a shot. Word has it China is on board with this idea. I haven't heard what the follow-up is, but if I were to guess, I imagine it would involve South Korea and China going in to rebuild the country.

2. Elon Musk (SpaceX) is working with the US government to deliver the payload. 

3. China's President Xi Jinping for months has been asking President Trump to repatriate billionaire hacker Miles Kwok (aka Guo Wengui) to face prosecution in China for crimes committed there. Steve Bannon is somehow involved with Miles Kwok, possibly getting funding from him after the Mercers pulled out. (Bannon is independently rich, so I'm not so sure he needs all that much funding.) This is supposedly part of the kerfuffle between President Trump and Bannon.

4. As soon as the EMP attack happens, Kwok will be sent back to China.

5. Bannon is the one who told the White House personnel to play ball with Michael Wolff for his fact-challenged book, Fire and Fury. Bannon provided access to places and people Wolff would otherwise not have had. After the scurrilous and false nature of the book came out, this was the straw that broke the camel's back for President Trump. Ergo Bannon was knighted, "Sloppy Steve," and all the rest.

6. Not only Elon Musk, but other Silicon Valley moguls are starting to come around to supporting and working with President Trump for real. They had their "come to Jesus" moment after they saw what happened (and is happening) to Eric Schmidt at Alphabet (Google). In other words, they don't want to be next or have things like anti-trust suits filed against their companies. They certainly don't need their sex lives brought under the microscope courtesy of US intelligence.

7. Julian Assange has worked out a deal with President Trump, turning over a large quantity of Wikipedia documents that incriminate lots of top players in the deep state and God knows what else. In exchange, he is being brought to the US where he will receive a preemptive pardon by President Trump.

8. Huma Abedin is going down big-time.

9. The Intel bugs in its processors were engineered by the surveillance state and this is where a lot of the current damaging information on top people is coming from. (At this point, I don't believe this one.)

All this is supposed to come about (or be revealed in the mainstream) in the near future, so let's see how much actually happens.

Michael

In reference to President Trump, William said:

3 hours ago, william.scherk said:

How does that old song go? -- "What a difference a day makes ..."

I remember the quote as being:

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Asked in a strident "nagging wife" tone of voice.

:evil: 

Michael

EDIT: Wishful thinking, but there it is:

01.06.2018-19.00.png

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Steve Bannon is somehow involved with Miles Kwok, possibly getting funding from him after the Mercers pulled out.

Wonderful article in American Thinker by Karin McQuillan:

Note to NeverTrumps: Trump's Character Is Admirable

From the article:

As more and more people who hate Trump are forced to admit his achievements as president, they are doubling down on character assassination.  Even Trump voters often preface their satisfaction with Trump's actions by criticizing his tweets or his personality.

Here's an alternate take on things: Trump's character is responsible for his outstanding performance in his first year as president.  If you want to know who someone is, you look at what he does.  What we have: a booming economy, growing jobs, more lawful governance, fewer regulations, more global security.  What character traits this took: hard work, focus, commitment, courage, honesty, independence, incorruptibility, self-confidence, love of excellence.  The list of Trump's positive character traits goes on and on.  You don't get achievements independent of character.

Here's another alternate approach: there's no need to point out that George Washington is a dead white male when you praise him as the father of our country.  Who cares that Churchill drank too much when you are discussing his leadership in the fight against Hitler?  We all understand perfectly well that we are all human, meaning we have faults.  We don't need to apologize for President Trump.

I think Trump's character is excellent.

Trump's integrity in office is outstanding – the first politician in my memory who is sticking to his promises to voters.

And it goes on and on in that vein.

Man, does that feel good.

I have been saying ever since the primaries that Trump is one of the most moral men ever to run for the presidency. It's wonderful seeing someone else say this out loud, even if in different words. Of course, owing to my Randian root, I am using "moral" in the Randian sense of code of values, with "value" being something a living entity acts to get and/or keep.

In the last year, President Trump has acted to get (and keep) all kinds of values. See McQuillan's article for a discussion of his achievements to date. And he has been as consistent as humanly possible within the confines of the checks and balances system and, frankly, one of the most corrupt and hostile campaigns from both parties, the intelligentsia and academia, the press, and the deep state against any politician I have ever seen.

As McQuillan further stated (with my bold):

The importance of character to effectiveness cannot be overstated.  Trump has other character traits of achievers.  He is not discouraged by failures and mistakes; he learns from them.  He doesn't just set goals; he follows up on results.  He faces reality.

That, to me, is morality as I learned it from Rand.

Michael

"The importance of character" jumps out (supports what I've been thinking). Your president has an openly pronounced goal and has the character to single-mindedly pursue it. I don't think it is too much of a stretch to relate his actions to "a volitional consciousness", the essence of the Romantic aesthetics. I've been saying that the aesthetics of appearances is becoming more apparent in politics than ever. One can observe it from the anti-Trumpian hystericists spoon-fed by CNN, over here too; the bigger Trump-fearers want a soothing "beauty", a show of style (over substance) and "good intentions", which the world has childishly come to depend on from our leaders who have obligingly always faked reality for them. The "what" can't be replaced by the "how" (Rand on art) - that balance has been tilting far to the "how" for a long time. Trump knows only results are now what count, even if his (deliberate?)crassness hurts his public "image". "Character" has all but vanished from people's discourse, that's symptomatic of the anti-individualist period.