Donald Trump

9 hours ago, moralist said:

Bob displays the bitterness of a loser who has never taken the personal initiative to do anything useful in his life... which only makes him fit for the womb of government bureaucratic contract employment as a trained button pushing monkey.

Loser. Monkey. Asshole..

Edited by william.scherk

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

Surely you can ad hominem better than this.

--Brant

faint hope

I simply described why Bob craps on Trump.

Trump is self motivated while Bob isn't. Failure hates success because the successful remind the failures that they're failures.

Greg

2 hours ago, Brant Gaede said:

The "bubble" is long positions in S & P futures contracts the liquidation of which would spill over into equity prices.

I think the Canadian dollar will strengthen against the US dollar unless Canada raises its own interest rates. That's because a weaker US dollar means upper pressure on commodity prices including gold and Canada has a lot of its economy linked to commodity pricing. Also, it's already gone down and has probably bottomed.

To repeat, rising interest rates weaken the currency for that increases the price of money.

--Brant

I do agree with the above analysis without the S and P point. 

Its really more the VIX and some other option plays for me to look at such as options on the S and P futures but what makes the market is the 2 sides !!!!!  

Trump is the wild card here , he creates tremendous volatility  which is great for traders like us ! Going to go buy Barrons and update you on what the " experts " say , then lets do the opposite !!!!!

21 hours ago, moralist said:

Technology has a downside in that it makes people weak. Smartphones make dumb people. They are so weak that they suffer emotional anxiety when they become separated from their phone. See the movie "Idiocracy". It's prophetic.

Greg

I like how you put that ! I am going to for sure , see that movie !!!!!!!!  Damn , if I don't have my phone , I literally start freaking out , sick , but true 

19 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Greg,

The rub is in what he learned.

For example, if the withdrawal of this bill in the House is considered a fail, then one would conclude that the president just learned how the government works and will apply it in the future. This is based on President Trump historically being a quick study and, I admit, there might be some of that.

But I don't think he has trouble with this at all. I think he staged this thing and--literally--forced the vote-or-withdrawal to learn something else: who is who when the pedal meets the metal. Hell, he even got to see it up close because he personally called everyone.

Like other times, he shooed the rats out from under their hiding places. Now they are all scattered out in the open running around in circles, some scampering for cover again and others gloating about taking him down.

But notice that everybody--meaning the general public--is seeing it. The rats aren't bunkered down in the back rooms. Trump not only gained specific data on a lot of lawmakers (and guess what he'll do with that? :) ), he has it all out in the public. So nobody will be able to claim otherwise when future hammers slam down. That's a hell of a win for 64 days in office. Talk about getting the priority work done at the beginning...

I suppose we have to wait and see if I am right (and I am :) ), but I really, really, really look forward to watching President Trump play Congress like a virtuoso pianist plays a Steinway grand and seeing the press fake newsers keep scratching their heads wondering why they keep getting everything wrong about him. 

:) 

Michael

Funny part is is that he easily played the media , the other candidates for the nominee , most everyone on this board ( including me ) , the Dems and even Her Majesty . he played the young and the old , the left and the right and just bout errrrryyyyyyone with the exception of our  brilliant leader , and now he gets to have fun with 500 old white guys in the Senate and Congress ( please someone let me know how many old white guys there are in the Senate and Congress ) .  Thats gonna be a joke ,

King Trump , 

4 minutes ago, Marc said:

I like how you put that ! I am going to for sure , see that movie !!!!!!!!  Damn , if I don't have my phone , I literally start freaking out , sick , but true 

My wife and I are preppers in that we keep in mind that all of the things we depend on to be there might not always be there. So we live as if we could lose those things at any moment by having alternative approaches to meet any contigency. This not only makes us appreciate the comforts of technology by not taking them for granted, it also gives us the self confidence that we already have ways to live without them.

Any disruption we use for practice. The last one was when our electricity went out during a rain storm. We were totally comfortable warming up dinner on the wood stove and reading by kerosene lamps.

You'll LOVE Idiocracy! It's so hilariouisly funny while being totally packed with insightful social commentary.

This is the President... Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Hector Comacho.:lol:

BgsoB5NCEAAEBrb.jpg

200_s.gif

Greg

2 hours ago, Marc said:

Funny part is is that he easily played the media , the other candidates for the nominee , most everyone on this board ( including me ) , the Dems and even Her Majesty . he played the young and the old , the left and the right and just bout errrrryyyyyyone with the exception of our  brilliant leader , and now he gets to have fun with 500 old white guys in the Senate and Congress ( please someone let me know how many old white guys there are in the Senate and Congress ) .  Thats gonna be a joke ,

King Trump , 

There's 435 in the House and 100 in the Senate, so your 500 old white guys estimate holds true. I really love how Trump plays the media. He's an extraordinary man for an extraordinary time. Most people don't realize how close the US came to irreversible ruin from the liberal Democrats.

So while Trump is a wild card... I say spin the wheel and throw the dice. nodder.gif

Greg

6 hours ago, moralist said:

There's 435 in the House and 100 in the Senate, so your 500 old white guys estimate holds true. I really love how Trump plays the media. He's an extraordinary man for an extraordinary time. Most people don't realize how close the US came to irreversible ruin from the liberal Democrats.

So while Trump is a wild card... I say spin the wheel and throw the dice. nodder.gif

Greg

Yeah , he will keep having fun cause its just to easy now . The people voted him in , the old guys are tryna stay in the game .  Its funny if it was not so disgusting how much hatred there is for Prez , Ehat did Rand say about hating the good for being good . Barbara was always so so nervous about Obama , every time we met - show would express the fears that you spoke about .

Thats for the movie idea , this week for sure 

10 hours ago, Marc said:

Yeah , he will keep having fun cause its just to easy now . The people voted him in , the old guys are tryna stay in the game .  Its funny if it was not so disgusting how much hatred there is for Prez , Ehat did Rand say about hating the good for being good . Barbara was always so so nervous about Obama , every time we met - show would express the fears that you spoke about .

Thats for the movie idea , this week for sure 

Are you implying Trump is the good?  Or have I falsely  inferred that?

1 hour ago, Marc said:

I am implying that he is great , not good , so yeah 

De gustabus non disputandum est....

On March 15, 2017 at 1:21 PM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Heh.

Somebody from The Tea Party posted this on Facebook, then "magically" the post stopped embedding. (Those dudes at Facebook should stop it. They are embarrassing themselves.)

Anyway, the caption:

Rachel Madcow's dinner

03.15.2017-12.24.png

I wish I had had this picture earlier in this thread

:)

Michael

better late than never lolllllll

1 hour ago, Marc said:

Sorry , I don't speak Yiddish 

Latin.  It says one does not argue matters of taste.

9 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Latin.  It says one does not argue matters of taste.

I aint much for dead languages , I don't even understand the translation yet alone the original . 

Thanks though , but The Queens English is my preference 

4 hours ago, Marc said:

I aint much for dead languages , I don't even understand the translation yet alone the original . 

Thanks though , but The Queens English is my preference 

Fine. Try this:  On matters of taste logical and rational dispute is not appropriate.  We like what we like and we dislike what we dislike  and there is rarely a logical basis for likes and dislikes. 

I agree with Greg. I would rather roll the dice after the actuality of Obama and after the scare of Hillary taking us down the yellow brick road to slavery. We have had eight years of a left wing, totalitarian drift. I want to see President Trump succeed. Hopefully, he will serve two terms, and create a safe harbor for a freer America. However, I also want him to do the right thing.

Peter

Robert Tracinski wrote: They were capable of so much independence that they actually formed a pact to resist outside pressure. "In a conference room in the Rayburn House Office Building, the group met that evening and made a secret pact. No member would commit his vote before consulting with the entire group--not even if Trump himself called to ask for an on-the-spot commitment. The idea, hatched by Freedom Caucus Vice Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), was to bind them together in negotiations and ensure the White House or House leaders could not peel them off one by one. "Twenty-eight of the group's roughly three dozen members took the plunge."

Notice how this turns the big narrative of the last election on its head. We were supposed to support Donald Trump because he was the guy who was finally going to break the corrupt Republican "establishment." Now he's the guy launching tweet-storms on behalf of the establishment and against the House Freedom Caucus--the guys who actually did break the GOP establishment. And all because the Tea Party movement brought a few dozen hard line small-government advocates into office, and the ban on earmarks helped them guard their independence. Twenty-eight lawmakers who care about freedom and are willing to stand up for it is not nearly enough. But Paul Ryan and the rest of the Republican leadership now dare not make a step without bringing them on board. So it's a pretty good start.

7 hours ago, Marc said:

The Queens English is my preference 

Honi soit qui mal y pense ...

"Honi soit ..." serves as a motto for President Trump, in a way.

9 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Fine. Try this:  On matters of taste logical and rational dispute is not appropriate.  We like what we like and we dislike what we dislike  and there is rarely a logical basis for likes and dislikes. 

I don't agree , The President has so many achievements , achievements that no one on this board came out and called at the start , but one man alone . He keeps achieving and folks keep stating what the current failure you .

The real failures are ones who sit by and simply be a critic . 

8 hours ago, Peter said:

I agree with Greg. I would rather roll the dice after the actuality of Obama and after the scare of Hillary taking us down the yellow brick road to slavery. We have had eight years of a left wing, totalitarian drift. I want to see President Trump succeed. Hopefully, he will serve two terms, and create a safe harbor for a freer America. However, I also want him to do the right thing.

Peter

Robert Tracinski wrote: They were capable of so much independence that they actually formed a pact to resist outside pressure. "In a conference room in the Rayburn House Office Building, the group met that evening and made a secret pact. No member would commit his vote before consulting with the entire group--not even if Trump himself called to ask for an on-the-spot commitment. The idea, hatched by Freedom Caucus Vice Chairman Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio), was to bind them together in negotiations and ensure the White House or House leaders could not peel them off one by one. "Twenty-eight of the group's roughly three dozen members took the plunge."

Notice how this turns the big narrative of the last election on its head. We were supposed to support Donald Trump because he was the guy who was finally going to break the corrupt Republican "establishment." Now he's the guy launching tweet-storms on behalf of the establishment and against the House Freedom Caucus--the guys who actually did break the GOP establishment. And all because the Tea Party movement brought a few dozen hard line small-government advocates into office, and the ban on earmarks helped them guard their independence. Twenty-eight lawmakers who care about freedom and are willing to stand up for it is not nearly enough. But Paul Ryan and the rest of the Republican leadership now dare not make a step without bringing them on board. So it's a pretty good start.

Respectfully , I think you are way off here . 

Trump played these 28 , or 36 or whatever .

Still 500 left who next time vote knowing this Prez don't blink . 

Even if this group of 36 stays in cahoots for the next 24 years who cares . Mr. President is playing the long game , not some ridiculously childish last attempt to be anything at all in their lives but block greatness and achievement . 

The narrative does nothing of the sort , by the way 

Marc wrote: Even if this group of 36 stays in cahoots for the next 24 years who cares. Mr. President is playing the long game, not some ridiculously childish last attempt to be anything at all in their lives but block greatness and achievement. end quote

I disagree. Cahoots? Ridiculous? Childish? Blockers of achievement? Those honorable men you call “childish” are the ones who are sticking to their principles. It is Donald Trump and Paul Ryan who wanted a quick fix that continued many of the provisions of Obamacare. That is sheer, cynical pragmatism. It writes off the Constitution.

This failure of socialized medicine light “can be” a triumph for freedom and The United States if President Trump acts like he loves this country and not just power. Though President Trump has made an exceptional start he has a ways to go to match Ronald Reagan, or as Rush jokingly calls Reagan, “Ronaldus Magnus.” Repeal the damn thing or be considered a liar. You are not repealing it if you keep some of its worse elements. Or do we have to guess what the meaning of “replace” is?

Peter

I think the President thought he was going to win. I saw a true look of horror on House Speaker Paul Ryan’s face when he realized he had failed and I am sure he convinced President Trump he would win. Stop sounding like a “true believer” Marc; I can’t tell if you are putting us on or not. You almost seem like a “mole” or a “troll” spying on Objectivism.

Cicero spoke, in “Imperium”: Sometimes, if you find yourself stuck in politics, the thing to do is start a fight – start a fight, even if you do not know how you are going to win it, because it is only when a fight is on, and everything is in motion, that you can hope to see your way through. end quote

I agree that Trump is willing to brawl. As you have said, he now needs to build. Local Delmarva talk radio and on the national scene, Rush Limbaugh, have convincingly made the case that this defeat was a good thing. The Republicans passed a repeal years ago, which was expected to be vetoed by Obama. They could have used that as a basis for a replacement, or Rand Paul’s repeal . . .  but they did not. Maybe they will now.

Nathaniel Branden wrote: If you choose to move through life blindly, you have good reason to be anxious. end quote

I am tired of spin, blind faith, and a lack of principles here on Objectivist Living, though I am also dubious of the true believers of O’land and Randian government or nothing will do. I remember folks had JFK on their walls of their living rooms as late as the early seventies but he was not painted with a halo or a crown over his head. As of now, I don’t think anyone should have a portrait of President Trump on the walls of their living room or as wall paper on their computers.

Trump’s lack of understanding for those few brave men of principle was shown in his tweet and his ignorance of limited government and the freedoms guaranteed in our Constitution is very unfortunate . . . as is your backing him to the hilt.

Peter     

23 minutes ago, Peter said:

Marc wrote: Even if this group of 36 stays in cahoots for the next 24 years who cares. Mr. President is playing the long game, not some ridiculously childish last attempt to be anything at all in their lives but block greatness and achievement. end quote

I disagree. Cahoots? Ridiculous? Childish? Blockers of achievement? Those honorable men you call “childish” are the ones who are sticking to their principles. It is Donald Trump and Paul Ryan who wanted a quick fix that continued many of the provisions of Obamacare. That is sheer, cynical pragmatism. It writes off the Constitution.

This failure of socialized medicine light “can be” a triumph for freedom and The United States if President Trump acts like he loves this country and not just power. Though President Trump has made an exceptional start he has a ways to go to match Ronald Reagan, or as Rush jokingly calls Reagan, “Ronaldus Magnus.” Repeal the damn thing or be considered a liar. You are not repealing it if you keep some of its worse elements. Or do we have to guess what the meaning of “replace” is?

Peter

Mr. President cannot win the nomination before he wins it , nor win a state before he wins it , nor win an election before he wins it , nor make America great again before he makes it great again. 

Not only are they childish , they do not respect the process , do not respect POTUS , do not respect their voters , and most certainly do not respect themselves .

They are the corrupted , they are the ridiculous childish punk ass bitches , not MY President and I say My President as a very proud Canadian . 

My President is John Galt , and although you cannot see something , it don't mean shit to reality cause reality is reality my fine OL friend .

He is The King , Mr. Trump . 

These idiots , your beloved group of 36 . They are a paradigm , its over and they cling to their ZERO power base . They already lost , they freaking know it , just you don't