Donald Trump

1 hour ago, Marc said:

lolllllzzzzzzz

Fair enough and thanks for the answer . That being said , he was abstract enough to be the only one to figure shit out and get to the dance .I specifically remembering challenging folks here to claim a winner , as if like state something and get off the elitist intellectual  fence , did Rand not hate fence sitters . Besides MSK , and myself and my flip flopping from Rubio to Trump but when I saw it , I said aha  then moved on . 

He still gets no nothing from you besides " I voted for him " , dayam bro , and I mean like Hebrew bros - you and I - and your achievement is you voted for him , not Hillary while being on OL , and not the ARI debating why they voted Dems ?

blabs too much on the tweet tweet , is how he became an algorithm and gamed the game but you minimize his achievements n"set pas ? 

Say little,  do much. 

I never heard of R. Shammai , but the concept I get , so does Trump . Look what he has done for god sake in the freaking first 100 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My turn :

Stir up waters to catch fish.

Keep others in suspended terror: cultivate an air of unpredictability.

Control the options: get others to play with the cards you deal.

Donald Trump could solve Cancer tomorrow , win the Stanley Cup today , Get to Mars and win an election in another solar system , come back and you would be still be blabbing blabbing on the OL , talking about back in the day .

What did Rand say about hating the good or the great for being great or something about Marilyn Monroe 

I take Trump for what he appears to be.  An uncultured boor.  A barbarian.  He is just the thing to bust up the government.  He is my wrecking ball.

<golum voice/on> we hatessssss the government precioussssss  and we wants to see it croak..sssss....<golum voice/off>

Ba’al quoted R. Shammai who said, “Say little, do much.” 

Marc wrote: My turn: Stir up waters to catch fish. Keep others in suspended terror: cultivate an air of unpredictability. Control the options: get others to play with the cards you deal. end quote

Stop hogging the ball, Marc. Now it’s my turn: "I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly." Steven Wright "First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me." Steve Martin

And Ba’al? Trump may not have the “book lernin’” nor the debate skills you seek but he is the best damn President since Reagan. I heard a North Korean rocket just blew up on the launch pad.  

As Sheriff Andy Taylor said, “See? Trump just gave that thar rocket the Clint Eastwood look, and blooey, I told you so. Barney. He’s the guy we want for mayor of Mayberry.”

Peter    

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Marc wrote: My turn: Stir up waters to catch fish. Keep others in suspended terror: cultivate an air of unpredictability. Control the options: get others to play with the cards you deal. end quote

Stop hogging the ball, Marc. Now it’s my turn: "I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly." Steven Wright "First the doctor told me the good news: I was going to have a disease named after me." Steve Martin

And Ba’al? Trump may not have the “book lernin’” nor the debate skills you seek but he is the best damn President since Reagan. I heard a North Korean rocket just blew up on the launch pad.  

As Sheriff Andy Taylor said, “See? Trump just gave that thar rocket the Clint Eastwood look, and blooey, I told you so. Barney. He’s the guy we want for mayor of Mayberry.”

Peter    

Reagan was no bargain.  He started the trend of unrecoverable federal deficit.  St. Ronald was delivering $1.75  worth of government for each $1.00 collected in taxes.  We never had the business boom that St. Ronald promised if the taxes were lowered.  The closest thing we had to a balanced budget since St. Ronald was during the administration of Bill Clinton.  Go figure...

In addition to fiscal insanity  Reagan  failed to deliver on several promises;   The elimination of the Dept of Education and the elimination of the Dept. of Energy.  

The Reagan Administrations were shot through with scandal and sloppy governance. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals

I am standing by to see what will come of the Trump administration.  3 years  9 months to go.  I refuse to come to any premature conclusions.  I await to see the facts.  I will say one definitely good thing has happened.  Justice Gorsuch's  confirmation.  He is a very capable jurist.  Trump was wise to propose his appointment to the court. 

Re palace intrigue, I finally found something that makes sense about Kushner and Bannon. I don't buy the MSM version that Bannon is on the way out yada yada yada. I didn't buy it when it started, either.

I got a different take than the MSM from a video dated April 12 by Mike Cernovich, but his style is so irritating (affected alpha dog bluster) that I don't want to embed the video. Here's the link in case anyone wants to see it. I'm posting the link to source this thought, but only some of it is from Cernovich. Some of it is my own thinking.

The gist is that when President Trump hired McMaster as National Security Advisor, he gave him a free hand to run his own ship the way he sees fit. At least in the beginning. That's Trump's style of leadership.

We know McMaster's Neocon support, but I think Trump wanted a display of military might for his own reasons, so he simply hired a few mean warmongering warrior bastards to get the job done. I, personally, don't think this is permanent unless a real war breaks out.

Anyways, the first people who had to go for McMaster were McFarland (extremely loyal Trump supporter) and Bannon--that is to the extent McMaster could make them go away. There's a reason for this. McMaster is Petraeus's bud (Cernovich even thinks puppet) and they--and their inner buds--are all flush with Saudi moolah. The Saudis want a massive US ground war in Syria (Saudi Arabia is Sunni Islam and Syria, with close ties to Iran, is Shiite Islam--essentially it's a religious war thing) and, surprise surprise both McMaster and Petraeus want a Syrian ground war, too. Identical intentions with lots of identical details. What a coincidence, huh?

:) 

President Trump has his reasons for hiring who he hires, including political clout, keeping enemies close, etc., but he finally had to come out and say there will be no Syrian invasion. You could hear the Neocons gasp when he did that, too. :) They thought it was Christmas in war hell again.

The point is, any possible discrepancies with Kushner aside, neither he nor Bannon want this ground war. When Bannon got taken off the Principals Committee of the National Security Council, the press had a field day saying it was due to a fight with Kushner. Now Kushner is getting some nasty press. I wonder where all this nasty press is coming from, I wonder? Because Cernovich is not the only one with inside sources saying there's no real problem between Bannon and Kushner. They have some differences, but they get along fine.

Nobody could possibly think that Neocons in the Saudi pocket would play dirty with the press, now would they? Nah... Who would ever think something like that, huh? Not with the American press that has such high integrity standards at that?

At least this version makes sense to me.

And, I can't shake the idea that I wouldn't put it past Trump and Bannon to stage a little misdirection for the rumor mills to keep the Neocons, the MSM, the left, and practically everyone else off balance.

Michael

17 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

I take Trump for what he appears to be.  An uncultured boor.  A barbarian.  He is just the thing to bust up the government.  He is my wrecking ball.

<golum voice/on> we hatessssss the government precioussssss  and we wants to see it croak..sssss....<golum voice/off>

Ok , ok fair enough my man . I guess the means supports the ends in your view , but for me , President Trump is the closest President ever to what John Galt was about . Your quote of " say little , do much " , is like any from 36 strategies , or 48 laws of power and other great works but in reality , perhaps President Trump , is just playing the opposite game like these quotes show .

Meanwhile , our President ( and YES , he is My President too ! ) is "making" , and you seem like you're just taking .

Makers , takers and critics 

16 hours ago, Peter said:

Peter    

Peter , Peter , the Pumpkin eater ! 

Well said , fine sir . Well said .

Although , I will predict that the slogan will be , the story will be told , the history books will absolve President Trump and claim that " President Reagan ( RIP , God bless his soul ) , was the best President ever , save for President Trump .

We are in the midst of a revolution , I have used these words early and often on these here pages .

Today , I claim President Trump is my President . 

I think he has that much love , heart , passion and soul to allow me on the Caravan ! 

6 hours ago, Marc said:

Ok , ok fair enough my man . I guess the means supports the ends in your view , but for me , President Trump is the closest President ever to what John Galt was about . Your quote of " say little , do much " , is like any from 36 strategies , or 48 laws of power and other great works but in reality , perhaps President Trump , is just playing the opposite game like these quotes show .

Meanwhile , our President ( and YES , he is My President too ! ) is "making" , and you seem like you're just taking .

Makers , takers and critics 

Galt was a physicist and a first rate genius intellect who invented an entirely new branch of physics.  He was fictional of course.  Trump is real and a scientific ignoramus.   What is the similarity you see between Galt the character and Trump the real live person?

On April 16, 2017 at 9:27 PM, BaalChatzaf said:

Galt was a physicist and a first rate genius intellect who invented an entirely new branch of physics.  He was fictional of course.  Trump is real and a scientific ignoramus.   What is the similarity you see between Galt the character and Trump the real live person?

A Hero 

On April 16, 2017 at 0:46 AM, BaalChatzaf said:

Reagan was no bargain.  He started the trend of unrecoverable federal deficit.  St. Ronald was delivering $1.75  worth of government for each $1.00 collected in taxes.  We never had the business boom that St. Ronald promised if the taxes were lowered.  The closest thing we had to a balanced budget since St. Ronald was during the administration of Bill Clinton.  Go figure...

In addition to fiscal insanity  Reagan  failed to deliver on several promises;   The elimination of the Dept of Education and the elimination of the Dept. of Energy.  

The Reagan Administrations were shot through with scandal and sloppy governance. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reagan_administration_scandals

I am standing by to see what will come of the Trump administration.  3 years  9 months to go.  I refuse to come to any premature conclusions.  I await to see the facts.  I will say one definitely good thing has happened.  Justice Gorsuch's  confirmation.  He is a very capable jurist.  Trump was wise to propose his appointment to the court. 

I hear you , at least the Justice Gorsuch confirmation came through , so we are going in the right direction

9 hours ago, Marc said:

A Hero 

Right. Galt (the fictional) is a hero  and Trump (the real) is not.a hero.

9 hours ago, Marc said:

I hear you , at least the Justice Gorsuch confirmation came through , so we are going in the right direction

A broken 12 hour clock tells the right time twice a day.

Marc wrote: I hear you, at least the Justice Gorsuch confirmation came through, so we are going in the right direction. end quote

Have Trump’s campaign pledge reversals been OK with conservatives and his core of supporters? Generally, I think so, and his one major failure so far, health care reform, has also been OK.

Peter  

Why is Trump jabbing the rats in North Korea? North Korea may be able to develop a nuclear-tipped, intercontinental ballistic missile that can reach the United States during Trump's first term as President.

But most experts think a war with the north could only be likened to the carnage of WWII. It might even involve China, institution of “the draft” here in the United States, and a conventional war that drags on and on . . . Or, more probably it would guarantee the use of nuclear weapons.

So, if Trump is not seeking that, is he trying to apply simple political pressure? Is he trying to wear down the North like we wore down the Soviet Union?

Don’t forget they have an air force. From Wikipedia: (North Korea) possesses 940 aircraft of different types; mostly of Soviet and Chinese origin. Its primary task is to defend North Korean airspace . . . . end quote

If Trump is seeking a war then I would look for more preparations here in the states and moving more resources towards the Korean Peninsula, but perhaps outside the range of any North Korean dirty nukes, chemical, conventional missiles, or MIG aircraft.

Peter    

Excerpts from The Korean Times: 5 reasons why US cannot attack N. Korea like it did Syria, Treaties, uncertainties over Pyongyang's nuclear readiness, and the sheer scale of armaments on both sides maintain a delicate truce on the Korean peninsula By Catherine Wong

1. Why can't the US attack North Korea like it did Syria? The Korean Peninsula technically remains in a state of war. Fighting halted on July 27, 1953 under an armistice signed between Washington and Beijing. If the US initiated an attack, it would break the treaty endorsed by the United Nations.

2. What are the most important differences between North Korea and Syria? While Syria is believed to have pursued nuclear weapons, North Korea's nuclear weapons capabilities have matured in recent years. Pyongyang has conducted five nuclear tests and claims it has successfully "miniaturized" nuclear warheads – though such claims have never been independently verified. It experienced a series of embarrassing failures while launching the Musudan intermediate-range ballistic missile last year. Despite that, military experts believe that North Korea learnt from those setbacks and might even be able to develop a nuclear-tipped, intercontinental ballistic missile that can reach the United States within the coming four years, during Trump's presidency.

3. Why must China stand by North Korea if it is attacked by the US? China is North Korea's ally. In 1961, the two countries signed the Sino-North Korean Mutual Aid and Cooperation Friendship Treaty, in which both parties are obliged to offer immediate military and other assistance to the other in the case of an outside attack. This treaty has been prolonged twice, and is valid until 2021.

4. Why does China insist on a peaceful resolution and oppose military option floated by the US? China is concerned that its border provinces would be inundated with North Korean refugees if the Kim regime collapsed. From a geopolitical point of view, Beijing views North Korea as a buffer zone from the potential encroachment by powers are aligned with the US, including Japan and South Korea.

5. Besides China, which other countries oppose a military strike against Pyongyang? Both South Korea and Japan prefer non-military option. The South Korean capital, Seoul, is only about 40km from the border and is particularly vulnerable to North Korean attack. Sam Gardiner, a retired Air Force colonel, was quoted by an interview by The Atlantic magazine as saying the US "cannot protect Seoul, at least for the first 24 hours of a war, and maybe for the first 48". Even though former US president Bill Clinton seriously debated bombing the Yongbyon reactor in 1994, he was convinced by his defense officials that the intensity of combat with North Korea "would be greater than any the world has witnessed since the last Korean War".

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Why is Trump jabbing the rats in North Korea? North Korea may be able to develop a nuclear-tipped, intercontinental ballistic missile that can reach the United States during Trump's first term as President.

Peter,

So you prefer NK to nuke the US in President Trump's second term?

:evil: 

How about NK never getting the ability to do that?

To me, the answer to your question is easy. President Trump has to negotiate a currency and trade agreement with China during these days. He promised he would and he's started. NK is part of China's chips. Now is the time to push NK, not later when things move from the negotiation stage to the implementation stage. Then it turns into another quagmire of NK promising stuff about nukes and not doing it, just like China and NK have trained other US presidents to accept.

That's not going to work with this president. He's not big on Pavlov.

I think President Trump is showing the Chinese how fragile NK ultimately is as bargaining leverage. Just like he showed Russia how fragile Syria is.

The Afghanistan strike was the only one I believe was a true take-down of the enemy and, even then, he showed the Islamic world how fragile ISIS is.

Michael

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Have Trump’s campaign pledge reversals been OK with conservatives and his core of supporters? Generally, I think so...

Peter,

Since when does unfinished business become a reversal?

If you show up late to supper because of a traffic jam, does that mean you reversed your pledge to eat supper with your wife from there on out?

Michael

Michael wrote: The Afghanistan strike was the only one I believe was a true take-down of the enemy and, even then, he showed the Islamic world how fragile ISIS is. end quote

If you think North Korea is fragile, I hope you are right. Because it would take dozens of nukes just to destroy the long range cannons in mountains near the DMZ. What if ISIS had a million and a half man army on our Mexican border with FIVE MILLION reservists who have all spent ten years in the military? That is what faces South Korea. I certainly would like to see a change in the north and I agree. China is the key.

Peter

Can you spot the fake news?

From News.com and The Sun: Where has Kim Jong-un’s wife gone? Leader’s spouse vanishes from the public eye. FEARS are growing for the safety of North Korea’s first lady who has vanished from public view for the past seven months. Ri Sol-ju is thought to have tied the knot with Kim Jong-un in 2009 and soon after she gave birth to his child and heir to the hermit state reported The Sun. Sporting designer clothes and pricey handbags, she has since appeared alongside her hubby as he tours factories and theme parks.

But now she has vanished from public view after last being seen at a sporting event in March. North Korea observers fear she could have fallen foul of her despotic husband or incurred the wrath of his equally menacing sister, Kim Yo jong. Experts believe Yo jong is the power behind the throne and is even more deadly than her brother. One North Korea watcher told Yonhap News Agency, “Ri showed up at public events every two months last year but has not appeared in public for over seven months this year”. “That’s quite extraordinary. “Some sources speculate Ri’s disappearance may be linked to a check on her activities by Kim’s younger sister Kim Yo-jong.”

Concern is also mounting for Kim’s wife because of the gruesome fate people face who cross the leader. In August it emerged he had executed one of North Korea’s top officials with an anti-aircraft gun after the man fell asleep in one of his meetings. In December 2013, North Korean state media announced the execution of Jang Sung-taek, the uncle by marriage of Kim Jong-un. According to a South Korean newspaper, Jang’s nephew, O Sang-hon, was also executed by being burnt alive with a flame thrower. In 2007, a factory chief convicted of making international phone calls was executed by firing squad in front of a crowd of 150,000. It’s reported that six people were killed in the rush as spectators left the stadium which hosted the execution. end quote

From The Onion: YONGYANG—Ri Sol-ju, wife of North Korean Leader Kim Jong-un, opened up to reporters Thursday about her husband’s warmongering, saying that the Dear Leader’s recent bluster was totally uncharacteristic of the man she was forced to marry three years ago. “Since being ordered by my government to spend the rest of my life with this man, I’ve gotten to know him very well, and I can tell you that the Jong-un threatening nuclear war is not the same Jong-un who plucked me out of a parade and demanded I cut ties with my family,” said Ri, adding that she still believes the controlling despot who erased her identity and forbade her from leaving the residential villa is in there somewhere. “The man you see promising missile strikes on U.S. targets is not the person I was forced to fall in love with. And he’s certainly not the same father to the child I was forced to have with him. It’s upsetting to admit, but when I’m told to sit across from Jong-un at the breakfast table, I don’t even know who I’m looking at anymore.” When reached for further comment, North Korean officials said that Ri would be unavailable for the foreseeable future. end quote

From Rooters News Service: President Trump has just invited North Korea’s ruler Kim Jong Un to Mar-a-Lago Florida. President Kim Jong-un and his wife Ri Sol-ju have already agreed to the trip. Rumors about the North Korean’s wife vanishing are obviously untrue. Insiders presume North Korea’s President will be treated as well as China’s President was treated on the Trump estate. They will discuss trade and ways to ease the tension in the area. end quote

Of course the first story is real.

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Marc wrote: I hear you, at least the Justice Gorsuch confirmation came through, so we are going in the right direction. end quote

Have Trump’s campaign pledge reversals been OK with conservatives and his core of supporters? Generally, I think so, and his one major failure so far, health care reform, has also been OK.

Peter  

I know we may differ on this , but the health care thing was a strategy . He found out who the rats were . He made sure that he did not blink , and watch when he next tells his Congress , Senate , whatever to vote . Watch how that plays out . 

4 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Peter,

So you prefer NK to nuke the US in President Trump's second term?

:evil: 

How about NK never getting the ability to do that?

To me, the answer to your question is easy. President Trump has to negotiate a currency and trade agreement with China during these days. He promised he would and he's started. NK is part of China's chips. Now is the time to push NK, not later when things move from the negotiation stage to the implementation stage. Then it turns into another quagmire of NK promising stuff about nukes and not doing it, just like China and NK have trained other US presidents to accept.

That's not going to work with this president. He's not big on Pavlov.

I think President Trump is showing the Chinese how fragile NK ultimately is as bargaining leverage. Just like he showed Russia how fragile Syria is.

The Afghanistan strike was the only one I believe was a true take-down of the enemy and, even then, he showed the Islamic world how fragile ISIS is.

Michael

The company that makes these bombs , they gotta use them sometimes , take it out for a spin - so to speak . Then you buy more , not before . 

Same as The North Ks , I mean lets see how your stuff works .

Ok ok , now we can all decide 

President Trump is a genius , smartest man on Earth , 

I

12 hours ago, BaalChatzaf said:

Right. Galt (the fictional) is a hero  and Trump (the real) is not.a hero.

Mind you , my man - Galt aint even real and Trump has already outdone him ! Real Trump vs Character Galt . 

Trump has already outdone Roark and Galt and hell , through in Hank Reardon too ! 

And he only did 100 days , he still has 8 years almost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Galt cannot even carry Trumps jockstrap home .

12 minutes ago, Marc said:

Mind you , my man - Galt aint even real and Trump has already outdone him ! Real Trump vs Character Galt . 

Trump has already outdone Roark and Galt and hell , through in Hank Reardon too ! 

And he only did 100 days , he still has 8 years almost !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John Galt cannot even carry Trumps jockstrap home .

3 years 9 months.  If he runs again it is not certain he will win.

What did Trump (the real) ever invent?   Galt and Reardon (the fictional) invented respectively an energy production device and an indestructible metal. 

1 hour ago, BaalChatzaf said:

3 years 9 months.  If he runs again it is not certain he will win.

What did Trump (the real) ever invent?   Galt and Reardon (the fictional) invented respectively an energy production device and an indestructible metal. 

He already won the second term .  It is quite certain . 

Real Trump , hmmmmmmmmmmm

Watch my young soldier , watch ! 

Ba’al estimated the amount of time remaining to President Trump as: 3 years 9 months.  If he runs again it is not certain he will win. end quote

Marc refuted that with this claim: He already won the second term.  It is quite certain. end quote

A lot of people, including Rush Limbaugh think a second term is moderately assured if our economy pulses with new life after being defibrillated by tax cuts and an end to crippling regulations. That means no wars, President Gladiator. And the only other things that might stand in his way are a scandal, health issues, defaults, or an increase in the national debt. In other words, nothing is for sure and everything is tied to performance after the world throws chaos at the United States.

To you Trump supporters who defend and define him as being super smart, always right, and a grand political schemer, time will tell.  If Trump thinks the members of the Freedom Caucus and The Tea Party are rats, then all bets are off. He would be besmirching a lot of people in O’land including me. I may be campaigning for the libertarian if he keeps that suicidal crap up.

But as of now he is still the best thing since sliced bread. Did you know that during WWII, commercially made bread was sold unsliced, to save on the use of steel blades? No wars, (cue the applause sign) but otherwise, President Trump, you are free to be an international Texas Ranger (the crowd roars its approval.)

Peter     

17 minutes ago, Peter said:

To you Trump supporters who defend and define him as being super smart, always right, and a grand political schemer, time will tell.

Peter,

Will?

As in future tense?

Er...

How about the past tense?

Did you forget he was not supposed to be the candidate? Then he was not suppose to be president? I mean, everybody said so.

The thing I most find amusing about people who don't accept Trump's savvy is they attribute each victory of his to someone who is with him or some other cause while claiming he's not smart enough to to take credit. And President Trump keeps winning and winning.

Based on that premise, talk about a string of coincidences...

Michael

7 hours ago, Marc said:

He already won the second term .  It is quite certain . 

Real Trump , hmmmmmmmmmmm

Watch my young soldier , watch ! 

That I am.....