Donald Trump

Marc,

I'll see your rebound and raise you a crow's foot.

Shock poll: Donald Trump leads Jeb Bush 26-20% … in Florida
By Mitch Perry
Saint Peters Blog
July 29, 2015

From the article:

For the first time this year, Donald Trump tops a state poll of GOP presidential candidates in Florida.

A St. Pete Polls survey released on Wednesday shows the New York businessman with 26 percent support, with Jeb Bush in second place with 20 percent.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is in third place with 12 percent, and Marco Rubio is in fourth place with 10 percent. He’s followed by Dr. Ben Carson at 5 percent, Ted Cruz and John Kasich at 4 percent, and Rand Paul at 3 percent. 16 percent are unsure or are supporting another candidate not named in the survey.

:smile:

Michael

EDIT: And there's this:

Marc,

I'll see your rebound and raise you a crow's foot.

Shock poll: Donald Trump leads Jeb Bush 26-20% … in Florida

By Mitch Perry

Saint Peters Blog

July 29, 2015

From the article:

For the first time this year, Donald Trump tops a state poll of GOP presidential candidates in Florida.

A St. Pete Polls survey released on Wednesday shows the New York businessman with 26 percent support, with Jeb Bush in second place with 20 percent.

Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker is in third place with 12 percent, and Marco Rubio is in fourth place with 10 percent. He’s followed by Dr. Ben Carson at 5 percent, Ted Cruz and John Kasich at 4 percent, and Rand Paul at 3 percent. 16 percent are unsure or are supporting another candidate not named in the survey.

:smile:

Michael

EDIT: And there's this:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You mean in 2020 after POTUS changes the Constitution for the 3rd term ?

Listen , I do agree that things look promising for Trump for the convention in July , oh damn ....... The convention is in Cleveland July 2016 , not 2015 !

Phew , I was actually getting a bit concerned but I still have around 355 days before Trump does not get the nomination .

If only one could win POTUS with 65 year old white men in the northeast US , then I could maybe give the Trump believers a chance outside of the proverbial snowball chance in hell .

I know what the folks are saying in the polls , but it is July 2015 right now , wait till the political folks get ahold of this and start to fight back .

I mean really fight back .

Not saying what I want , just saying what I see as reality with US politics .

Listen , I do agree that things look promising for Trump for the convention in July , oh damn ....... The convention is in Cleveland July 2016 , not 2015 !

Phew , I was actually getting a bit concerned but I still have around 355 days before Trump does not get the nomination .

Marc,

Here is the schedule (from Wikipedia):

Schedule of primaries and caucuses

The Republican National Committee has imposed strict new rules for states wishing to hold early contests in 2016. No state will be permitted to hold a primary or caucuses in January; and only Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina and Nevada are entitled to February contests. States with early-March primaries or caucuses must award their delegates proportionally. Any state that violates these rules will have their delegation to the 2016 convention severely cut: states with more than 30 delegates will be deprived of all but nine, plus RNC members from that state; states with less than 30 will be reduced to six, plus RNC members.

As of June 2015, the tentative schedule for 2016 is as follows:

February

Monday, February 1: Iowa caucuses

Tuesday, February 9: New Hampshire

Saturday, February 20: South Carolina

Tuesday February 23: Nevada caucuses

March

Tuesday, March 1: Arkansas; Colorado caucuses (pending legislation exists however); Massachusetts; Oklahoma; Tennessee; Texas; Vermont; Virginia

Saturday, March 5: Louisiana

Tuesday, March 8: Alabama; Hawaii caucuses; Idaho; Mississippi; Michigan

Sunday, March 13: Puerto Rico (the last contest in 2016 required to be proportional.)

Tuesday, March 15: Illinois; Missouri; Florida; North Carolina; Ohio (contests on or after March 15 can opt to be winner-take-all.[57])

Tuesday, March 22: Arizona; Utah caucuses

April

Tuesday, April 5: Washington, DC; Wisconsin

Tuesday, April 26: Maryland; Connecticut; Delaware; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island

May

Tuesday, May 3: Indiana

Tuesday, May 10: Nebraska; West Virginia

Tuesday, May 17: Kentucky; Oregon

June

Tuesday, June 7: California; Montana; New Jersey; New Mexico; South Dakota

July

July 18–21: 2016 Republican National Convention

States with no firm dates

Georgia — Tuesday, March 1 (presumably)

Kansas — Saturday, March 5 (presumably)

Maine — Saturday, March 5 (presumably)

Washington — Saturday, March 19 - Saturday, April 16 (presumably)

Wyoming

Minnesota

Idaho

New York — Tuesday, April 19 (presumably)

Alaska

North Dakota

Don't worry about worrying, though.

Right now it's all good and it's the best you are going to get.

Wait until the slaughter that will happen starting in February 2016. Then you can worry for real. :)

Why am I suddenly thinking about black feathers?

:)

Michael

LOL! I don't try to predict the future. 2x Obama cured me of trying to predict the will of the American voter. What will be, will be. I like Carly. I don't like Trump's support of eminent domain. Excruciatingly painful, not an individualist. "Make America Great Again"...appears to be hot air.

I doubt he can go the distance. He hasn't even begun to feel the heat yet. Not a prediction, call it a hunch. No crow eating potential here, nothing to see...

Heckle-and-Jeckle-300x269.jpg

Heckle and Jeckle is one of the cartoons that became popular during the post-war era, solidifying its status as a classic and one of the frontrunners of animation. As the most successful cartoon produced by Terrytoons animation studio, Heckle and Jeckle’s run lasted for more than three decades, producing more than 50 episodes until its last appearance in 1981. To learn more about this magpie duo, continue reading this article.

http://cartoon-characters.com/heckle-jeckle/

My father was so "cutting edge" with media, we had this cartoon and would show it all the time.

Us kids would run it backwards and laugh hysterically.

Big old reel to reel projectors and the white screen which was in a tube like piece that just unfolded the three legs and you would pull the screen up with a ring and hook it on the raised spine of the screen...very cool to a kid.

m5SZxm8EaCAXOPozntm8wkA.jpg

RARE-1950-039-s-AURORA-HOME-MOVIE-FILM-V

Memories lol

A...

Let's see if it happens like this.

I expect Trump will be nice and respectful unless one of the other candidates starts getting snarky about him. Then I expect to see a sharp reaction from him that hits where nobody expects it to.

Michael

Great!

Cat: "When I grow up you'll make a nice meal..."

Crow: "Catch me if you can!"

A couple of springs ago I look out the back door and my cat smokey has a blue jay in his mouth by the breast feathers. The BJ is flapping his wings whacking Smoke on the ears. Smokey lets go and the BJ flies away. The rest of the spring we always knew exactly where Smokey was, we'd hear the BJ: "squack, squack, squack!!". He would land and hop right up to Smokey and scold. The funniest was when Smokey was in the house on the spare bed trying to sleep. The BJ spotted him through the window and sat on the fence outside "squack, squack, squack!!!". Sad when the season ended and we didn't see Smokey's friend anymore.

How to care for a baby crow separated from his nest.

I find this juxtaposition of headlines from Politico, July 30, 2015 very interesting.

Donald Trump 2016: Former Sarah Palin aide gets job as Trump's political director

Longtime McCain aide launches vitriolic attack on Trump, Cruz

The Palin aide who is now with Trump is Michael Glassner. This guy worked on McCain's campaign. He was one of Palin's handlers and was considered as an "enabler" of her rogue behavior.

The McCain aide who hates Trump and Cruz is Mark Salter, one of the behind-the-scenes people during McCain's run who most muffled and sabotaged Palin. He later said it was a mistake to get her on board.

It looks like The Donald knows how to cull out loser material. Now that Sarah is unshackled from Salter-like crap, her real appeal to voters will be able to blossom. And it looks like she is lending it all to Donald Trump.

Michael

This, in context, is very insightful.

Here's another juxtaposition, and this one is an excellent example of why Trump is gobsmacking the crap out of snooty people and the elite in general.

These idiots look down their nose at others, then say they don't look down their nose as if their words will eliminate (or alter) their reality.

Wanna see?

First, here are some Trump supporters interviewed by a Bloomberg host:

Now Ms. Joan Walsh (editor of Salon) looking down her nose at them:

Isn't that beautiful? Even Chris Wallace can't take the bullshit.

The irony is that this woman calls Trump supporters disconnected from reality. I've noticed that a lot of media manipulators believe their words are a replacement for reality. And when reality smacks them upside the head, they not only don't know what hit them, they deny it is happening as if their words can make it go away.

Then, when they can't deny it anymore, they say the American people are stupid. That is right before they say they know what American people really want.

Echoing Joan Walsh's sanctimonious snark, "I find that sad."

Actually I don't. I marvel at the capacity of the human brain to process a core story so deeply, an intelligent person denies her own eyes and, in the face of an irrefutable contrary situation, still repeats the plot points like a mantra.

This is called a fixed mindset. Kind of like those people on the Titanic who went down with the ship while still playing their chess game.

Michael

Michael wrote: I marvel at the capacity of the human brain to process a core story so deeply, an intelligent person denies her own eyes . . . end quote

The Kurt Vonnegut video was truly remarkable. Thanks to Adam. And since we are on a thread about Donald Trump we would need to start Trumps story half way up the vertical, good line. When he announces for President and starts polling at 20 percent his graph rises accordingly. When he gets to the first debate IT is all about him . . . at first.

Worst case? He doubles down on calling veterans, cowardly. He jokes that the first words of the Star Spangled Banner are Jose can you see? He calls Carley and Hillary dumb bimbos who wouldnt make in on his show, The Apprentice. He pointedly asks several other debaters, Do you want to be my VP? Then shut up about me and play nice, you A-holes.

And so it goes, dear readers: Trumps graph line tumbles to Vonneguts smug but still crotchety, old man level. Or I can believe my own eyes, as Michael suggests and envision a more upbeat scenario. I am still waiting for that paradigm shift. Maybe the debate will supply it.

Now this is a weird idea. What if one, two, or three of the top polling Republicans say they would prefer to be in the first (losers) debate, for those candidates with lesser polling numbers? Not because of Trump of course, just because they would like to debate a lower tier candidate. Wouldnt that be interesting?