Donald Trump

Mike, there is going to be some ceremony with metaphorical bird-eating at some point. If I am wrong about MSK's enthusiasm, I will offer an analysis of how I got to such an illogical, purblind place. But of course, by the time we get there, perhaps the explanations will be already evident.

Michael, if god forbid the Lord smites Trump, robbing him of a just victory, or unforeseen event occur, you like me will have questions for self: where did I misread, misinterpret, extrapolate wrongly, presume, etc. It's what I would want to know of my failure, and thus the reason the dainty blackwing will be waiting on my plate that day. I am glad you are enjoying yourself. US elections seem, like punishing nightmares compared to the relatively short-lived Canadian federal campaigns. If you have a candidate you love, well, why not let out all the stops.

As Canada is but a bystander with zero influence on outcome, I refuse to enthuse for anyone yet. It's too early to be hopeful of radical change. If It turns out BushClinton again, I might be sleeping sadly at night, and feeling ripped off during the day, but it won't be my fault for the news. Go Trump go, uproot the Ivies cabal GOP and offer a stronger brand. God Bless America.

I'm outta here if any crows are harmed...

How about a really dried out overcooked turkey wing? Covered in Tabasco sauce? "Blackened Turkey".

Metaphors work for me.

I am going to get a crow and name him Jim

Mikee wrote: I'm outta here if any crows are harmed... end quote

That reminds me of all the hoopla about Cecil the dead lion. Let me channel my inner Donald. Lions eat people. So what are we talking about here? Lions eating movie stars in the Hamptons? Eff no. We are talking about Africans being eaten by lions. I say kill all the lions in Africa. You know why? Because, black lives matter.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the President of the United States, Donald Trump.
“One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace. Good people don’t go into government.”
“You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young and beautiful piece of ass.”
“The concept of global warming was created by and for the Chinese in order to make U.S. manufacturing non-competitive.”
On exporting goods to China: "Listen you m-----f------, we're going to tax you 25 percent!"
The U.S. will invite El Chapo, the Mexican drug lord who just escaped prison, to become a U.S. citizen because our "leaders" can't say no!
"I will build a great wall — and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me —and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending the best. They're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. ... And some, I assume, are good people."
“The wall will go up and Mexico will start behaving.”
Our great African American President hasn't exactly had a positive impact on the thugs who are so happily and openly destroying Baltimore!
“Laziness is a trait in the blacks. ... Black guys counting my money! I hate it.”
“The only kind of people I want counting my money are little short guys that wear yamakas every day.”
"If I were running 'The View,' I'd fire Rosie [O'Donnell]. I mean, I'd look her right in that fat, ugly face of hers, I'd say, 'Rosie, you're fired.'"
“Rosie O’Donnell’s disgusting both inside and out. You take a look at her, she’s a slob. She talks like a truck driver, she doesn’t have her facts, she’ll say anything that comes to her mind.”
“Hillary Clinton was the worst Secretary of State in the history of the United States. There's never been a Secretary of State so bad as Hillary. The world blew up around us. We lost everything, including all relationships. There wasn't one good thing that came out of that administration or her being Secretary of State.”
“If you can’t get rich dealing with politicians, there’s something wrong with you.”
“We build a school, we build a road, they blow up the school, we build another school, we build another road they blow them up, we build again, in the meantime we can't get a f------ school in Brooklyn.”
“Free trade is terrible. Free trade can be wonderful if you have smart people. But we have stupid people [in office].”

Thanks, Mikee. I think. Many OL readers may be hooting when they read something Trump has said, but the next time he is quoted you are left wondering and wincing. Do we all have an inner Trump and is he better than the real you, the one you show to the world? Who cares? Or as Trump would say, Who cares, without the question mark, because he doesn't care. In some ways he is like Sheldon on the BBTheory or Doc Martin on PBS. He is not concerned with others even on a personal level, yet he craves the approval of everybody or a particular group like the Astrophysics Society for Sheldon Leonard or the people of a Cornish village for Doc Martin. He doesn't care but they are still needed for his ego. Trump will be that way with Americans in general. The rest of the world can go to hell.

I meant to say Sheldon Cooper in an earlier post.

If you go to Fox News Debate you can submit questions to ask the candidates. I will need to think of some. Any suggestions? Fox coverage starts at 5pm on Thursday.

Trumpet may have the most money, but Jeb Bush has the most money in a PAC - by a long shot. Rand Paul has lost polling points while Scott Walker is only 4 points behind Ronald Dump now. I am searching for some insightful misspellings. I bet Pat Say Jack (from Wheel of Misfortune) could think of a few.

Hillary says nothing confidential was in her emails. BS. She is lying according to the latest official information. They prosecuted General Petraeus for doing what Old Hickory Clinton did. Isnt it time for an FBI raid on her house and renovated work/barn and stop her criminal conspiracy?

Trump just keeps coming:

:smile:

He put this on Facebook, too. One hour ago (on Facebook, not Twitter, which was earlier). Over 55 thousand likes and over 5 thousand comments so far. In one hour. That's a hell of a performance I don't care who you are.

Michael

Trump Twitter power:

Nothing special in this one, nothing like a zinger. Just thought ya'll might like to know.

(batting eyes innocently...)

Michael

Here is an article about the Koch brother's annual retreat for big donors. I am not one of them but I have donated to their PAC and I highly regard the Koch's.

DANA POINT, Calif. (AP) — Billionaire industrialist Charles Koch warned America is "done for" if the conservative donors and politicians he gathered at a retreat over the weekend don't rally others to their cause of demanding a smaller, less-intrusive government.

"History demonstrates that when the American people get motivated by an issue of justice, that they believe is just, extraordinary things can be accomplished," he said on Sunday, going on to reference the American Revolution, abolition of slavery and women's and civil rights movements. "We, too, are seeking to right injustices that are holding our country back."
Listening intently inside a tightly guarded luxury resort in Southern California were 450 business leaders — many among them top political contributors — and the elected officials who receive that largesse. They've been strategizing with officials at the education, policy and activist groups that Koch and his brother David have spent years building up and funding.
That network has a budget of $889 million through the end of 2016 — and much of it will be directed at electing a Republican to the White House.

As such, five GOP contenders spoke to the donor group, answering questions.
It had the potential to be awkward for former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush: The Kochs began their donor gatherings in 2003, a reaction to what they saw as out-of-control government growth when his brother George W. Bush was president. Until this conference, no Bush had attended a Koch gathering.

In this July 23, 2015 file photo, Republican presidential candidate former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush add …
"I'm truly honored to be here. I really appreciated the invitation," Bush responded when asked about that history by Politico journalist Mike Allen, who interviewed all five candidates in front of the donor crowd. Bush said he loved his dad and brother. "But I'm running for president based on my own record, my own life experience."

Donors applauded. Texas Sen. Ted Cruz who spoke just before Bush also received an enthusiastic reception from the crowd; unlike Bush, Cruz has attended these sessions for years.

His experience showed. He fired up the donors by directly addressing them. Some rose to their feet when he left the stage.
"People are frustrated. They're frustrated because we keep winning elections and nothing changes," Cruz said. "The men and women in this room spilled gallons of blood, spent your fortune retaking the Senate."

Yet, he said, "the Washington cartel" has not changed.

In this Aug. 30, 2013, file photo, David Koch speaks in Orlando, Fla. Republican presidential candid …
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, another veteran of Koch confabs, said Republican voters are hungry for someone different.
"Americans instinctively understand that we have reached another one of those pivotal moments in our history where what's at stake is not what party is in charge but our identity as a nation and as a people," Rubio said. "And they want to see candidates that are passionate about that and will do something about it."

Trump wasn't as generous in his assessment of Rubio and the others who came to the Koch retreat, writing on Twitter: "I wish good luck to all of the Republican candidates that traveled to California to beg for money etc. from the Koch Brothers. Puppets?"

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and former technology executive Carly Fiorina took questions on Saturday. Walker heaped praise on the donor crowd and said their patriotism reminded him of what he saw at tea party rallies, who may not have the net worth but who are also "fighting for their country.

"I wish the whole world could see what goes on here," Walker said of the donor conference.

Republican presidential candidate, Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) speaks at a Senate Judiciary Oversight Su …
The Koch donor conferences, held twice a year, are insular affairs.

Only those who have donated $100,000 or more to Koch-backed groups are invited. Yet even those deep-pocketed donors must check their mobile phones at the doors of some strategy sessions.

For the first time, a small number of reporters were invited to hear the 2016 candidates and attend some other forums. As a condition of attending, reporters were not permitted to identify any of the donors in attendance.

Most of the Koch-backed entities are nonprofits that do not have to disclose their donors. The two most politically active groups are American for Prosperity, which deploys activists to knock on doors and discuss issues important to the Kochs, and Freedom Partners, which has a super PAC that can spend directly on elections.

Although leaders for those two groups say they aren't endorsing anyone in the GOP primary, donors at the retreat have the ability to write million-dollar checks to boost a candidate's chances.

I just don't see the situation as does Michael. From the article above: Trump wasn't as generous in his assessment of Rubio and the others who came to the Koch retreat, writing on Twitter: "I wish good luck to all of the Republican candidates that traveled to California to beg for money etc. from the Koch Brothers. Puppets?" end quote

As usual, Donald Trump sought to destroy everyone who isnt him. What the heck is wrong with the guy? What he said was not necessary. Once again, his tweeting hand and brain descended into the cracker barrel of stupidity. I think there is something seriously wrong with Donald Trump. Some half joking, un-objective speculation? Tourette syndrome? I am really curious if Trump can be diagnosed.

Common motor tics seen in Tourette syndrome: simple tics, complex tics, eye blinking, touching the nose, head jerking, touching other people, shoulder shrugging, smelling objects.

Nope. Has anyone else seen Trump doing any of that stuff? But come on. Puppets? That sounds like someone with a condition when you remember we are talking about the country's top libertarian, conservative leaders and their favorite candidates. Has Trump considered what a Hillary Clinton presidency will do with the capital gains tax? Inheritance Tax?

Some more un-objective speculation? He is highly intelligent and gifted but he may have Asperger’s Syndrome.

Failure to Develop Friendships 2. Selective Mutism 3. Inability to Empathize. 4. Unable to Make Eye Contact or Forcing Eye Contact 5. Social Awkwardness 6. Narrowed Interests 7. Sticking to Routine 8. Literal Interpretations 9. Excellent Pattern Recognition 10. Poor Motor Skills.

Or The Donald could just be as mean as a snake.

You could fit any high achiever into most of those descriptors. 'Asperger syndrome' has been replaced with 'autism spectrum disorder' and 75% of previously diagnosed Asperger's have been kicked off the list.

"...while many people are not gifted conversationalists, someone with Asperger's may continue talking about a favorite subject for some time, remaining oblivious to his listener's loss of interest..."

Perhaps he's just a bore...

As usual, Donald Trump sought to destroy everyone who isnt him. What the heck is wrong with the guy? What he said was not necessary. Once again, his tweeting hand and brain descended into the cracker barrel of stupidity. I think there is something seriously wrong with Donald Trump. Some half joking, un-objective speculation? Tourette syndrome? I am really curious if Trump can be diagnosed.

If you replaced your question begging verb with beat, out bid, win over or out work it changes perceptions doesn't it.

If he destroys everyone who isn't him [which would make him a very poor businessman] why would anyone want to do business with him?

A...

I just don't see the situation as does Michael. From the article above: Trump wasn't as generous in his assessment of Rubio and the others who came to the Koch retreat, writing on Twitter: "I wish good luck to all of the Republican candidates that traveled to California to beg for money etc. from the Koch Brothers. Puppets?" end quote

As usual, Donald Trump sought to destroy everyone who isnt him. What the heck is wrong with the guy?

Peter,

That's easy.

Marco Rubio (about Trump's McCain comment): It’s not just absurd. It’s offensive. It’s ridiculous, and I do think it is a disqualifier as commander-in-chief.

Some other unprovoked gems from other Republican politicians:

Racist

Blowhard

Cancer

Jackass

DumbDumb

He fired up the crazies

Rise in polls due to the public's "temporary sort of loss of sanity"

I don't want to be associated with the kind of vitriol that he's spewing out these days

Not reflective of the Republican party

He doesn't represent me, and he doesn't represent my party

And so on.

So it's OK to say those things about Trump when a politician disagrees with something he said. And why would that be? Obviously, because the insults are about Donald Trump.

But it's not OK for Trump to counterpunch. And why would that be, I wonder?

Maybe because he goes for the knockout counterpunch?

Sorry.

No sanction of the victim coming from Donald Trump.

Hit him. He hits back. Hard. Immediately. Without apology.

And he wins.

Ask Sarah Palin how McCain's handler-enforced sanction of the victim worked out for her.

Not going to happen this go around.

Take a look at that string of insults about Trump from politicians who thought they were getting a free ride on the wave of public sentiment, thus getting a free bump in the polls.

Moral crusaders?

Or puppets?

Looks like the second option to me.

Michael

Uh oh, insanity?

"Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, expected to be one of the top 10, told CNN on Friday that Trump's rise to the top of the polls reflected a "a temporary sort of loss of sanity, but we're going to come back to our senses and look for someone serious to lead the country at some point."

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/republicans-begin-pivotal-debate-week-hampshire-forum-040758501.html

-Joe

Michael wrote: Take a look at that string of insults about Trump from politicians who thought they were getting a free ride on the wave of public sentiment, thus getting a free bump in the polls. Moral crusaders? Or puppets? Looks like the second option to me. end quote

Joe in Las Vegas wrote a bit later: Uh oh, insanity? "Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, expected to be one of the top 10, told CNN on Friday that Trump's rise to the top of the polls reflected a "a temporary sort of loss of sanity, but we're going to come back to our senses and look for someone serious to lead the country at some point." end quote

OK. I concede the point - most Republican contenders have gone too far. Rand Paul should not have used the words, “temporary loss of sanity.” And mea culpa. Of course I was half jokingly psychologizing the reasons for Trump’s lack of restraint but I am not running for dog catcher. They all are running to win.

Trump’s DELIBERATE trash talk is not reasonable. He may be justified in lashing back but his words take on a life of their own, when he implies or says, screw McCain and screw veterans. Screw open border Republicans and screw Mexicans. When Trump alienated Hispanics, veterans, women, libertarians and conservatives IN GENERAL all reasonable politicians running for The Presidency will refute him and do it in a memorable fashion. I am a veteran and I did not appreciate Trump’s disrespect for veterans who were captured by the enemy. In other words, Trump should be criticizing the contenders who are bad mouthing him but he should not be segueing to entire groups or positions.

And we also have Rand Paul’s words that fit that bill of conflating. Rand Paul was criticizing Trump but also the people polled who supported Donald Trump. But, maybe not as blatantly? . . . No, I have talked myself out of that position. Rand Paul does unreasonably denigrate the supporters of Donald Trump. As do other contenders.

And that number has not yet reach my prophesized limit of 30 percent for Trump but it is getting close. Rasmussen (on 7/26) and Monmouth (on 8/2) polls both have Trump at 26 percent. I see Carly finally got to 2 percent. In five hours according to Shepard Smith on Fox, the final ten Republican will be named as 9 pm debaters. Crap – Shepard just said Bush has dropped to 12 and Walker to 11 percent, and combined that is not even half of what Trump is polling.

Trump’s DELIBERATE trash talk is not reasonable. He may be justified in lashing back but his words take on a life of their own, when he implies or says, screw McCain and screw veterans. Screw open border Republicans and screw Mexicans. When Trump alienated Hispanics, veterans, women, libertarians and conservatives IN GENERAL all reasonable politicians running for The Presidency will refute him and do it in a memorable fashion. I am a veteran and I did not appreciate Trump’s disrespect for veterans who were captured by the enemy. In other words, Trump should be criticizing the contenders who are bad mouthing him but he should not be segueing to entire groups or positions.

Peter:

Seriously, I fully understand that his remark was awkwardly put forth. However, he did not:

1) say screw veterans, actually said the exact opposite;

2) say screw Mexicans, actually said complimentary statements about Mexicans: and[he did not]

3) say disrespectful statements about veterans who were captured.

However, he did speak awkwardly when he was attempting to be clever by saying that he likes people who do not get captured.

A...