Donald Trump

Then there's this:

The weirdest damn thing is that this time Trump is doing better than before on TheBlaze.

As of this post, Trump has 14% over Cruz. Earlier he only had 10%. And over 61,000 people voted so far.

btw - Here is a typical example of how Beck is stumping for Cruz against Trump. Beck's reaction to the debate: Glenn Beck Goes Nuclear on ‘Narcissistic Psychopath’ Donald Trump: ‘Four Years of This Bully Will Lead to Civil War’

You can call that colorful, but not objective. Beck is losing his audience big-time over his hatred of Trump. Even people who don't like Trump are complaining.

I was going to leave a comment over there, but I thought, why bother?

I think Beck had this reaction because I think he sensed Trump damaged Cruz for real in the debate re primaries. Let's see if the voting reflects it, but I suspect it will. btw - It's not only Trump. Sarah Palin has been coming out strongly against Cruz for being dishonest and a typical politician.

It's funny how that works out. I have seen Beck be dishonest with his audience about Trump when he believes he can sway them against Trump. And I have seen Cruz be dishonest with voters to trick them into voting for him.

In compensation, Trump doesn't lie to his voters and neither does Palin. They engage in hyperbole, true, but not outright dishonesty where they induce followers to think one thing, reality is the opposite and they get a benefit. An example of what I mean by dishonesty is Cruz claiming that Trump supports Obamacare and wants to fund Planned Parenthood. Those claims are nothing but standard political hack crap. They are the polar opposite of Trump's positions.

So it seems like the right people are gravitating toward each other.

Michael

These hits on Cruz are starting to have an effect. 

I have to say. watching him with the sound off, allows me to focus on  certain "odd" facial looks that he employs. 

Additionally, there is a "smirky**" look that is his default look.  Substantially different from his serious, look in the camera look that says: 

I mean what I say; and

I am dead serious.

Speakers practice in mirrors to perfect these default masks.

A...

Full Definition of smirk

1. intransitive verb
  2. :  to smile in an affected or smug** manner :  simper

3. transitive verb
  4. :  to say or express with a smirk

Definition of smug

Popularity: Top 20% of words
  • : having or showing the annoying quality of people who feel very pleased or satisfied with their abilities, achievements, etc.

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here's a video montage from CNN.

You can actually see the expression I said a few times, but the instances are lightening quick.

They are almost microexpressions.

Michael

I really am starting to dislike DT . I do not trust people who do not look people in the eyes . TC looked at him , DT looked away , closed his eyes, looked down and only glanced at TC . I know folks here think this is the stock market , or a baseball game but in fact it is not . DT is literally one gaffe away from being irrelevant and I think that the gaffe is real close . Like our resident expert on US politics WSS stated early and often - Super Tuesday and the rest of March will be the real test and DT will implode . His face was so red and if I was there , I would have simply pressed a few buttons and he would have been done like dinner . I literally think he will punch someone in the mouth before the race is over , or minimum say something so bizarre that he will go from hero to zero in a sound bite . Double edge sword is the soundbite . 

On another note , RIP Justice Scalia and please God why are we as a nation insisting on electing HC or BS or even both ??????

When the race gets serious ( and yes MSK , I did believe it would have been over for DT by now but the thread is about who wins POTUS and also the Nominee ) , then DT will have a major issue .  The answer that "everyone keeps saying this " , is not an issue .  When the day comes , the day comes .  Very shortly , folks will start dropping out and it will be a 3 man race between DT , TC and MR . Then its simply math . All votes go to MR , and the choice between DT / TC obviously goes to DT simply because TC is unelectable . 

The smart money comes in and MR steamrolls across the nation . 

7 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Then there's this:

The weirdest damn thing is that this time Trump is doing better than before on TheBlaze.

As of this post, Trump has 14% over Cruz. Earlier he only had 10%. And over 61,000 people voted so far.

btw - Here is a typical example of how Beck is stumping for Cruz against Trump. Beck's reaction to the debate: Glenn Beck Goes Nuclear on ‘Narcissistic Psychopath’ Donald Trump: ‘Four Years of This Bully Will Lead to Civil War’

You can call that colorful, but not objective. Beck is losing his audience big-time over his hatred of Trump. Even people who don't like Trump are complaining.

I was going to leave a comment over there, but I thought, why bother?

I think Beck had this reaction because I think he sensed Trump damaged Cruz for real in the debate re primaries. Let's see if the voting reflects it, but I suspect it will. btw - It's not only Trump. Sarah Palin has been coming out strongly against Cruz for being dishonest and a typical politician.

It's funny how that works out. I have seen Beck be dishonest with his audience about Trump when he believes he can sway them against Trump. And I have seen Cruz be dishonest with voters to trick them into voting for him.

In compensation, Trump doesn't lie to his voters and neither does Palin. They engage in hyperbole, true, but not outright dishonesty where they induce followers to think one thing, reality is the opposite and they get a benefit. An example of what I mean by dishonesty is Cruz claiming that Trump supports Obamacare and wants to fund Planned Parenthood. Those claims are nothing but standard political hack crap. They are the polar opposite of Trump's positions.

So it seems like the right people are gravitating toward each other.

Michael

I do really love that Tweet !!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, Selene said:

These hits on Cruz are starting to have an effect. 

I have to say. watching him with the sound off, allows me to focus on  certain "odd" facial looks that he employs. 

Additionally, there is a "smirky**" look that is his default look.  Substantially different from his serious, look in the camera look that says: 

I mean what I say; and

I am dead serious.

Speakers practice in mirrors to perfect these default masks.

A...

Full Definition of smirk

1. intransitive verb
  2. :  to smile in an affected or smug** manner :  simper

3. transitive verb
  4. :  to say or express with a smirk

Definition of smug

Popularity: Top 20% of words
  • : having or showing the annoying quality of people who feel very pleased or satisfied with their abilities, achievements, etc.

Very much agreed on this great observation . More reason why this is a 2 man race , and no folks - it aint gonna be JB or JK . 

When voters in March see said 2 man race , its real simple . Add up the numbers , and look at DTs negative numbers ( as in polls which indicate who will not vote for him - this is the real indicator ) , then its a simple coronation for MR .

It's funny because a good chunk of the mainstream press is saying Trump went too far this time.

Here is a graphic of online poll results about who won the debate that Trump posted on Facebook:

02.14.2016-11.29.png

Trump killed it on Google Trends for the debate, too:

But I guess Trump is going to tank because he went too far this time.

:)

Michael

This "going too far" meme really does not work. 

What is going too far is to devastate American workers by moving your plant to Mexico.

What is going too far is to force Americans to purchase insurance.

What is going too far is to cooperate in death by being "forgotten about," as occurred with V.A.

What is going too far is to refuse to secure the border.

And that list is fully expandable.

I just love Trump's technique of confounding the hell out of the gotcha people.

Notice that it looks like he is walking back his claim that Bush lied about WMD, but he keeps the doubt open. First he shines a BIG honking beam of light on something by being outrageous, then he nuances it as he plants the doubt roots deeper and deeper in the public mind. And the gotcha people are totally confounded. A gotcha is supposed to destroy someone, right? It's an on-off switch. But it's not destroying Trump. Instead, he stays on the point that Bush was not the great president the legend says. And Trump's support grows.

Then he tops it off with the zinger that the economy collapsed under Bush right at the end.

I'm thinking that Trump uses a standard of public speech that is not wedded to gotcha logic on purpose, which is why gotchas don't work with him. Trump's speech is a reflection of how people think. (Talk about knowing your target! :) )

Most people actually do think Bush lied about WMD to get us into the Iraq war. But they can't be 100% sure. (Just look at the comments all over social media.) So they go back and forth in their minds. I bet if you were able to get into their heads, the little nonstop voice we all have would reflect the way Trump talked about Bush lying. One moment in a surge of anger, he called Bush an outright liar. In another moment, he entertained the reality that no one can know for sure. But he kept saying the war was a horrible mistake and that Bush owns it.

I think that's what people really think and that's how they think about it. Trump's speech is like a mirror reflecting their own mental image back to them. This has nothing to do with logic. This is mimicry at its finest, and even then, probably not pure mimicry because I believe Trump actually thinks like this.

The gotcha folks think gotcha is important to average people when something that causes a huge amount of cognitive dissonance is running in their heads. They (both sides) have used gotcha so long to shut up people, they don't realize that just because you shut people down, that doesn't mean you convinced them. And it also doesn't mean they replaced gotcha in their souls as the process by which they evaluate common sense.

I'm not sure if Trump does this on purpose or not, but I am sure this is what he is doing. So I keep learning from him.

He's damn good at this stuff.

Michael

This article by Eddie Zipperer today at The Hill is actually pretty good on a few fundamentals:

The complete idiot's guide to being right about Donald Trump

From the article:

Zipperer said:

Politicians are well-mannered in front of voters and employ others to do their dirty work. Take former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush (R), for instance. He talks a big game about the president being mature and the presidency as being above Trump's behavior. Sounds nice, but then consider the truth lurking behind Bush. According to Larry Sabato, "Jeb Bush is Meaner Than He Looks." Or recall former presidential candidate Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) lecturing us on maturity during the same debate where his communications director, Sergio Gor, tweeted a copy of Carly Fiorina's closing statement that had been left in the hotel copier.

Michael

Watch some hardcore lefties squirm as they start to see reality approach and replace their bubble.

(btw - I like Cenk Uygur. I disagree with most of what he says, but I believe he is honest with his audience and is well-intentioned.)

Yup.

They are watching with wide eyes and tense throats as impending doom looms ever closer.

Michael

After the debate last night I was thinking about this, about the crowd, that Trump needed to do something about it.  Stacking the audience with special interest groups is essentially creating a faux Greek chorus, who boos Trump and favors Bush and Rubio.  The polls haven't reflected this yet, but for later debates and as more people tune into watch them, it is a problem that needs to be addressed now.  In O terms, most people are social metaphysicians, so this faux Greek chorus strategy is a problem that needs to be fixed.  Trump is already on the move, which I found impressive:

Breitbart dug up the details, via Vox:

Out of those 1600 seats, candidates received 600 tickets to invite their guests.

The state party and locally elected officials received 550, while the RNC, including nationally elected officials, received 367 tickets.

The debate partners, CBS News, the Peace Center, and Google received 100 tickets.

Mr Trump should avoid the next debate unless he can pick a percentage of the audience that reflects his show in the polls, roughly one-third. If the other two-thirds still boo, he might think about what message or attitude invites booing -- and whether the disappointed represent voters, not merely hacks, drones, placemats and plants. He might have to count on them one day in November.

Maybe I have a tin ear, but when Mr Trump talks about opposition, and then talks about flexibility and making deals -- he is not sealing a deal within his chosen party. His continuing disfavourable numbers derive from performances like that in Greenville, I wager.

Who are the "unfavorables"?

Are they registered voters?

What is their age? Sex? Race? Ethnicity? H.S grads?

A...

The loudest Trump boos came after he mentioned the WTT coming down under George W Bush's reign, and Fox and most major networks are saying this was a huge mistake--but was it?  I think Trump might be thinking way ahead on this one.  It doesn't play well in SC, but will play well in New York..  a state Trump has already said he can win.  Thoughts?

edit: (changed NC to SC..)

19 minutes ago, KorbenDallas said:

The loudest Trump boos came after he mentioned the WTT coming down under George W Bush's reign, and Fox and most major networks are saying this was a huge mistake--but was it?  I think Trump might be thinking way ahead on this one.  It doesn't play well in NC, but will play well in New York..  a state Trump has already said he can win.  Thoughts?

Yes it will and quite a few others. 

By the way it is S.C., Fort Sumpter and the first to secede...

Awaken yeah conspiracy folks...

Scalia found with pillow over head...

hmmm

A...

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Trump's speech is a reflection of how people think.

I'm mentioning this more as a note to myself than anything else.

This was probably the most important insight I have had so far regarding Trump's persuasion techniques.

Now I think I can go through the Dilbert dude's "linguistic kill shot" stuff and position it correctly. (The Dilbert dude is Scott Adams see here for his blog.) I've been putting this off because I wanted to come to some of my own conclusions through my own observations before being told what to look for. That observation of mine above does it for me. :) 

To extend from there, I'm thinking that the "linguistic kill shot" only works if you know what the little voice in the heads of a good chunk of people is saying. For instance, Scott Adams says Trump's linguistic kill shot on Carly was, "Look at that face." In my opinion, that would have never had effect if people did not already carry a standard of female beauty in their minds and consider Carly ugly, even though they would never say it out loud.

Trump knows what his target people think, especially the stuff they think but are too intimidated to say in public. I'm still not sure whether he studies this formally or whether he is simply like that himself. But he's good at articulating it.

On a lighter note, here is a Trump joke Scott Adams put on his blog on Feb. 5:

Scott Adams said:

Trump offered to build a ballroom for the White House. I assume he will use an adjoining room for the rest of his body.

Michael

8 hours ago, william.scherk said:

Maybe I have a tin ear, but when Mr Trump talks about opposition, and then talks about flexibility and making deals -- he is not sealing a deal within his chosen party.

William,

The day Trump makes a deal like you are considering with the crony party bosses is the day he starts losing.

Trump is heading a hostile takeover of the Republican Party by the stakeholders who had given up and stopped voting, but finally were pushed too hard too far, not a compromise with the corrupt entrenched power-elites. And this takeover is in deed, not in pretty words.

There is a colorful historical phrase for this when it has happened in American politics in the past: "Throw the bums out!"

In Trumpian deal-making, you can only make good deals if you have leverage. Knocking on the door and saying pretty please is not leverage. Kicking down the door and taking control is great leverage, especially if you are charging forth with a gigantic mob bearing torches and pitchforks behind you. :) Trump will make excellent deals, even with the power-elites, once he is in power. And he will get them to do what he wants, not what they want. Right now is not the time for it.

Don't think these power-elites are namby-pamby nice guys one should feel pity for. These are snakes in suits.

Michael

6 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

William,

The day Trump makes a deal like you are considering with the crony party bosses is the day he starts losing.

Trump is heading a hostile takeover of the Republican Party by the stakeholders who had given up and stopped voting, but finally were pushed too hard too far, not a compromise with the corrupt entrenched power-elites. And this takeover is in deed, not in pretty words.

There is a colorful historical phrase for this when it has happened in American politics in the past: "Throw the bums out!"

In Trumpian deal-making, you can only make good deals if you have leverage. Knocking on the door and saying pretty please is not leverage. Kicking down the door and taking control is great leverage, especially if you are charging forth with a gigantic mob bearing torches and pitchforks behind you. :) Trump will make excellent deals, even with the power-elites, once he is in power. And he will get them to do what he wants, not what they want. Right now is not the time for it.

Don't think these power-elites are namby-pamby nice guys one should feel pity for. These are snakes in suits.

Michael

I could not agree more with this post and the last one too Michael . 

I called this a coup before and this is what it is . Its a coup attempt . Sometimes they work , sometimes they don't . This one has no chance .

That being said , I am very on side with how things need to change in your country - how important this is for my country and the entire world . 

During a coup , there are casualties and bodies will drop . Political bodies in the sense of ideas , not literally dropping . DT is changing the game but come the convention , he will not be crowned but he will go down as the person who disrupted US politics . 

We need Scalia RIP to be replaced by the Republicans , and DT is an obstacle because unless the party comes together it will be HC calling that one and we go from 5-4 to 6-3 the other way cause Roberts is , well ... Roberts .