The Exploitation of Trayvon Martin

George H. Smith

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another appellate issue should include prosecutorial misconduct.

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz says the prosecutors in the George Zimmerman murder trial should be charged with "prosecutorial misconduct" for suggesting the defendant planned the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

"That is something no prosecutor should be allowed to get away with … to make up a story from whole cloth," Dershowitz told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"These prosecutors should be disbarred. They have acted absolutely irresponsibly in an utterly un-American fashion."

In the prosecution's final argument on Friday, lawyer John Guy said Zimmerman deliberately followed Martin and "shot him because he wanted to."

Dershowitz called Guy's statement "such speculation. How does he get into the mind of Zimmerman? He hasn't cross-examined him, he hasn't met him.

"To ask the jury to believe that is to ask the jury to convict based on complete and utter speculation and that's not the way the law operates."

Dershowitz — whose clients have included Claus von Bulow, Mike Tyson, Patricia Hearst, and former televangelist Jim Bakker — said the case has "reasonable doubt" written all over it.

"Nobody knows who started the initial physical encounter, who threw the first blow — and if you don't know that you have to have a reasonable doubt," he said.

"Nobody knows for sure who screamed, 'Help me, help me.' You have to have a reasonable doubt about that. Nobody knows for sure who was on top and who was on bottom, though the overwhelming forensic evidence suggests that Zimmerman was on the bottom having his head banged by a younger, stronger man. You have to have reasonable doubt there."

Brant wrote:

Zimmerman is half Hispanic and half white. He's been described as "white-Hispanic" by media wanting to get him for being white. That makes Obama a "white-black."

end quote

And Daunce responded:

Disillusioned blacks are just calling him Whitey now.

end quote

Oh, the shame. The ANC’s (African American Neo-colonial, Coalition's) national bird is the fried chicken, so watch for gnawed bones being tossed at the whitest amongst us.

I noticed on the recent slide show of the Atlas Society meeting in DC that there were several dark complexioned people there so I don’t want to hurt any of my “allies” feelings with my jokes but I have not heard any dark complexioned person saying:

“We want the truth to come out. I believe in our system of justice so if Zimmerman is acquitted I will support that verdict. No one should harm others or destroy property because of any possible outcome (as in guilty of a lesser charge but with no additional jail time.”

Maybe Bill Cosby will express something like that, or one of our own fans of Rand. But then again, why should they?

Peter

There are some blacks that have taken a stand against the Groupthink liberal-endorsed view that unilaterally blames all whites, including "the system" meaning the U.S. system of justice. Not many. Or at least not very vocal.

Many blacks that I have worked with adopted a "siege mentality" -" It's us versus them," that was openly displayed when the O.J. Simpson show-trial was on.

But none? Try these articles from the ARIan-aligned "Capitalism magazine" website.

Both Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell are black. In addition they are libertarian or libertarian-conservative. They have published widely. Sowell, in particular, has been a prominent figure in libertarian "realm." Neither are Objectivists. They are, of course, persona non grata with most of the self-styled African-American spokesmen, organizations, websites, and periodicals.

http://capitalismmagazine.com/2013/07/who-is-racist/

http://capitalismmagazine.com/2013/07/black-education-tragedy/

http://capitalismmagazine.com/2013/07/random-thoughts-july-2013/

And, by the way: There is no such ethnic/racial group as "white-Hispanic." In fact, there is no such thing as one large racial ethnic group, all in solidarity with one another, that can be accurately described as "Hispanic." As any "Hispanic" will tell you, there are at least three major ethnic groupings that the media like to refer to as one.

Hispanics from Cuba. Mostly refugees from Castro. A lot of these were from the "upper class" and were more European (usually, Spanish).

Mexican-Americans. Most of those from Mexico are a mix of native American Indian and Spanish.

Puerto-Rican: Obviously from Puerto Rico. Ethnically they are a mix of black and of European/Spanish.

The point? These groups are not in solidarity with one another. Generally, Cubans are often viewed by Mexicans as "stuck-up" which many Mexicans attribute to Cubans feeling more "white.".

There is not much love lost between Puerto-Ricans and Mexicans, either.

Another appellate issue should include prosecutorial misconduct.

Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz says the prosecutors in the George Zimmerman murder trial should be charged with "prosecutorial misconduct" for suggesting the defendant planned the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin.

"That is something no prosecutor should be allowed to get away with … to make up a story from whole cloth," Dershowitz told "The Steve Malzberg Show" on Newsmax TV.

"These prosecutors should be disbarred. They have acted absolutely irresponsibly in an utterly un-American fashion."

In the prosecution's final argument on Friday, lawyer John Guy said Zimmerman deliberately followed Martin and "shot him because he wanted to."

Dershowitz called Guy's statement "such speculation. How does he get into the mind of Zimmerman? He hasn't cross-examined him, he hasn't met him.

"To ask the jury to believe that is to ask the jury to convict based on complete and utter speculation and that's not the way the law operates."

Dershowitz — whose clients have included Claus von Bulow, Mike Tyson, Patricia Hearst, and former televangelist Jim Bakker — said the case has "reasonable doubt" written all over it.

"Nobody knows who started the initial physical encounter, who threw the first blow — and if you don't know that you have to have a reasonable doubt," he said.

"Nobody knows for sure who screamed, 'Help me, help me.' You have to have a reasonable doubt about that. Nobody knows for sure who was on top and who was on bottom, though the overwhelming forensic evidence suggests that Zimmerman was on the bottom having his head banged by a younger, stronger man. You have to have reasonable doubt there."

The defence have already said they will appeal if he is convicted of anything.

So Adam, do you think Z should have taken the stand? I know I am pestering but it is too hot to go out as |I had planned and all the streetcars are diverted because of a big fire anyway.

So Adam, do you think Z should have taken the stand? I know I am pestering but it is too hot to go out as |I had planned and all the streetcars are diverted because of a big fire anyway.

Streetcar? Lucky you lives in a place that still has them. Do you live in Toronto. That was the last city in which I rode streetcars.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yes, I do. Have you been here\? I live in the most streetcar-heavy area, near downtown.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Yes, I do. Have you been here\? I live in the most streetcar-heavy area, near downtown.

I was there about 12 years ago.; I remember getting on the trolleys at Yonge and Dundas. I love the streetcars and subways in Toronto.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Ba'al Chatzaf

I was there about 12 years ago.; I remember getting on the trolleys at Yonge and Dundas. I love the streetcars and subways in Torontosh.

Ba'al Chatzaf

O! you should come back again, it is not much different,,and grandkids love streetcars!

Absolutely not.

The prosecution did not establish "malice," and, or, "depraved indifference."

Clearly, there is reasonable doubt, since:

1) there were no witnesses who "saw" who struck the first blow;

2) there were no witnesses who "saw" Zimmerman "stalking" Trevon;

3) there was one witness who "saw" Trevon on top of Zimmerman and striking down; and

4) Zimmerman had the broken nose and the damage to his skull which were injuries that were in consistent with his out of Court statements.

The above are enough for reasonable doubt.

A...

Absolutely not.

The prosecution did not establish "malice," and, or, "depraved indifference."

Clearly, there is reasonable doubt, since:

1) there were no witnesses who "saw" who struck the first blow;

2) there were no witnesses who "saw" Zimmerman "stalking" Trevon;

3) there was one witness who "saw" Trevon on top of Zimmerman and striking down; and

4) Zimmerman had the broken nose and the damage to his skull which were injuries that were in consistent with his out of Court statements.

The above are enough for reasonable doubt.

A...

I see your reasoning, as I said before. But if it were me I would have taken the chance and had him testify. If your case is strong and your defendant is prepared, that can be so influential on a jury.

I see your reasoning, as I said before. But if it were me I would have taken the chance and had him testify. If your case is strong and your defendant is prepared, that can be the so influential on a jury.

He would have been eaten alive by the three (3) prosecutors and the Judge who was in the tank for the prosecution.

That is another reason not to have put him on the stand. She would have leaned over backwards to protect the prosecutor's cross examination and denied the defense counsel's objections to the prosecutors cross examination.

Zimmerman is not smart enough to not get caught in all the verbal traps and pace of the prosecutor. He is not stupid. However, he is just not that smart.

A....

Well, I guess that was the reasoning of the three(3)defence lawyers and their many (+++)advisors.

I know it was to a 98% degree of certainty.

Verdict is in. Not guilty all around. Any other verdict would have been a travesty. So now I suppose we will have riots.

Ghs

George:

Yes. It would have been a travesty. I hope both you and I and others are wrong about the riots because that would make it a greater travesty.

A...

Quite predictably, MSNBC cable channel put the Rev. Al Sharpton, "former" agitator and agent provocateur, said the "This is the worst moment in this nation's history that I have ever seen. It means that any innocent child who fits an ethnic profile can be attacked and murdered and nothing will be done about it." (paraphrase - but he is just warming up.).

Another black commentator on MSNBC (whose name I did not get) announced that "This is the message that Americas, as a nation, is giving, that black children may be gunned down with absolutely no provocation..." (paraphrase, but very close).

In my opinion, these types of statements are deliberately inflammatory and if any rioting breaks out, MSNBC will be at least partly responsible.

Quite predictably, MSNBC cable channel put the Rev. Al Sharpton, "former" agitator and agent provocateur, said the "This is the worst moment in this nation's history that I have ever seen. It means that any innocent child who fits an ethnic profile can be attacked and murdered and nothing will be done about it." (paraphrase - but he is just warming up.).

Another black commentator on MSNBC (whose name I did not get) announced that "This is the message that Americas, as a nation, is giving, that black children may be gunned down with absolutely no provocation..." (paraphrase, but very close).

In my opinion, these types of statements are deliberately inflammatory and if any rioting breaks out, MSNBC will be at least partly responsible.

The President too. Al was famously pushing the rape victimhood of Tawana Brawley twenty five years ago.

Next, the Feds will indict GZ for depriving TM of his civil rights. Then, he'll be sued for damages a la OJ Simp.

--Brant

sticks it to the judge; maybe she gets early retirement

hooray for the jury

riot and get shot

Next, the Feds will indict GZ for depriving TM of his civil rights. Then, he'll be sued for damages a la OJ Simp.

--Brant

Correct. This is just the beginning. The Martin parents will also sue the Homeowners Association and the Corporation that owns the property.

They may even throw in the gun manufacturer and the ammunition manufacturer.

A...

I'm curious about how many people are going to be murdered in Chicago this weekend and if anyone is going to notice.

Michael

Enough people will be murdered, just like every other weekend and no one will notice, sad to say.