The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

1 hour ago, Peter said:

Fox is wondering if President Trump should “address the nation” about his and Melania’s (age 51, and lookin’ good) diagnoses.

Peter,

At this stage, my biggest negative emotion is irritation at the need to steel up against the shit-show from the left. It's gonna rain schadenfreude.

If you want to see an example in reality of what I mean, remember the Access Hollywood tape with the "grab 'em by the pussy" comment? Remember how the press and all things anti-Trump gleefully sang his demise for about two weeks? And the mockery?

Even though President Trump came out on top, that was an extremely unpleasant time.

And that's what's coming.

It might be tempered a bit, though. I think there will be experts galore giving us their pseudoscientific diagnoses in place of low-level mockery (of which I still expect plenty). And the outcome of all of these diagnoses--100% of them--will be that Trump is a fool. :) 

So I suggest we gear up against that.

It's going to demand patience.

As to the actual illness, none of us control that. The best people on earth who can control it are surrounding President Trump, Melania and Hope at this very minute.

btw - Mike Lee just tested positive, too. 

I wonder how many more Republicans will get it until this starts looking fishy.

Michael

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 3:06 PM, Ellen Stuttle said:

... there's still the threat of HRC's becoming Vice President - if she'd accept that slot and if the Senate would ok her nomination - and then maybe Kamala would "catch Covid" or something.  All of this upon the eventuality - which is looking like a big implausibility - of Biden's being elected.

Ellen,

Here's a smile for you.

:)

Michael

11 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

If President Trump and the others don't develop symptoms, this is more media-food than anything else.

And even if he does develop symptoms, there is a lot of stuff he has access to that we don't yet.

The White House physician put out a memo yesterday, with some details of the regimen that would be part of the President's treatment. From a story at CNBC:

Read the full letter from the White House physician on President Trump’s diagnosis

PUBLISHED FRI, OCT 2 20204:30 AM EDTUPDATED FRI, OCT 2 20204:31 AM EDT

From today's New York Times:

Trump Suspends Campaign Events After Testing Positive, as Biden Tests Negative

As President Trump began to exhibit symptoms that aides described as “mild” after testing positive for the coronavirus, his campaign announced Friday that it had postponed all in-person campaign events involving him or his family.

“All previously announced campaign events involving the President’s participation are in the process of being moved to virtual events or are being temporarily postponed,” Bill Stepien, his campaign manager, said in a statement. “In addition, previously announced events involving members of the first family are also being temporarily postponed.”

Mr. Trump had planned to hold two rallies this weekend in Wisconsin, despite the fact that the White House coronavirus task force had placed the state in the “red zone” because of its high rate of infection and recommended maximum social distancing there.

Mr. Stepien said that Vice President Mike Pence, who has tested negative, planned to resume his scheduled campaign events.

The president has “mild symptoms,” Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, told reporters Friday morning. According to two people close to Mr. Trump, his symptoms include a low-grade fever, nasal congestion and a cough.

He has received a single infusion of a promising experimental treatment: an antibody cocktail developed by the biotech company Regeneron, according to a memo from his doctor, Dr. Sean P. Conley. Mr. Trump is also taking vitamin D, zinc, melatonin, a daily aspirin and famotidine (an antacid better known as Pepcid), the memo said.

“As of this afternoon, the President remains fatigued but in good spirits,” the memo said.

CNN is just now reporting that the President has been taken to Walter Reed hospital.

Do not believe ANYTHING about COVID-19 from the mainstream press re President Trump right now. Nothing. Nada. There is way too much horseshit.

For example:

Vanity Fair says this:

Melania said this at the same time:

This is the real deal.

At every step of this process, the mainstream press is going to catastrophize and make shit up. Right now they are going apeshit because President is going to Walter Reed Hospital. I mean, where else is he supposed to go if he has a confirmed case of COVID-19? A hospital is where you take care of things like that. Duh... 

So, for your own mental health if this news is massing with you inside, go ahead and consume the mainstream press if you want, but I suggest small doses at a time. And regardless of what you do, do not believe them.

They don't care about you enough to give you facts. So don't trust them.

Besides, they suck.

Michael

6 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Do not believe ANYTHING about COVID-19 from the mainstream press re President Trump right now. Nothing. Nada. There is way too much horseshit.

I don't know what to believe, anymore. It's a mind!@#% by design.

Boris Johnson contracted COVID-19, went to the hospital, and recovered.  Though I believe when Boris went his symptoms were worse than Trump's.  I believe Trump will be fine, high recovery rate especially when caught early, and access to the best medical professionals and treatments available to him.  My first thought when I read the news was, "Wow, the left is really going to like this."  I don't wish anything on the president, but the news will be in a frenzy for while.  Considering if he recovers before the election, I have doubts how much it will influence the outcome.  Most people already know who they are voting for, and the ones that don't can make a case either way:  a)  Trump contracted COVID-19 because he has been careless in his attitude toward it from the beginning or b) Trump beat COVID-19, and so can America.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

I don't know what to believe, anymore. It's a mind!@#% by design.

TG,

We can believe the following:

President Trump has been saying to America, let's get back to work, take precautions and face the risk. 

He, himself did exactly that. He could have super isolated himself and all that. But he took normal precautions people always do with something like the flu, and a little bit more. But he piled on the work.

Now that he has contracted the virus, he has inadvertently become a perfect role model for his message. He has essentially said, "I told you to do something and I did it myself. I got stung, so I paid the dues. Now have all the morale in the world to say: I'm still telling you to do that."

As to feeling overwhelmed right now from all the lying and hollering, I know it's hard, but just hunker down and ignore it as much as you can. This will pass. It's like having to wait on a ten mile long convoy of tricked out motorcycles while you have a migraine and are late to an important meeting to boot.

It will pass, but it's gonna cost ya'.

The mainstream press does not want to inform you. It wants to manipulate you before the election. So ignore it and search for other sources of information. You will find some good ones out there and some duds.

But from what I see, even the worst duds like, say David Icke, are far superior to the fake news mainstream media. David believes in what he is saying and tells you. Once you are aware of what he believes in, you know what you are going to get when you watch him.

With the fake news media, they don't believe in anything. All they want to do is suck up and lick the butts of leftwing leaders. but they always try to tell you differently based on what they perceive you want to hear.

Who needs that shit when there are real problems to deal with?

Just ignore them if you watch them and something sounds off. Oddly enough, if you learn to do that right, especially on the main news items of the day, you will start to get some actual information from them.

Their second tier people assigned to second tier news often come up with lots of legit and cool stuff. The mainstream fake news media are Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide organizations--with Frankenstein, Dracula and Werewolf, often standing in for Mr. Hide and a sporadic appearance by Godzilla and Jaws .

Michael

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Many are calling this the October surprise, which is why I believe he was poisoned.

Are you seeing the suggestion that Trump was deliberately infected being made anywhere in your carousings round the interwebs?

The timing looks mighty suspicious to me.

Ellen

17 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Are you seeing the suggestion that Trump was deliberately infected being made anywhere in your carousings round the interwebs?

The timing looks mighty suspicious to me.

Ellen

Ellen,

I am seeing a lot of people saying this. 

Even the most timid and easy to reject things like this, like Scott Adams, say an assassination attempt cannot be discarded. 

Think how easy it could be. 

1. Case the joint. Scope out when President Trump interacts physically with his assistants. Notice on which body parts these interactions happen and choose the ones where a virus could easily be passed from the assistant to the President.

2. Put surveillance on those assistants and find places and times where they are vulnerable to "accidents" or interactions with others right before they go in to see the President. Starbucks? Getting out of their cars? Things like that.

3. Stick some super infected something on them that is not easily detected during the accidents and/or interactions with others. Make sure the stuff goes on the right body part. Then wait until the assistants interact with President Trump and wait until he kisses Melania.

Done.

Just pulling figures off the top of my head based on the timing and other election factors, added to countries like China having highly sophisticated secret services and things like that, I give the odds of Trump being poisoned in the manner I described (or in some other manner) at about 90-95%.

Michael

16 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

TG,

We can believe the following:

President Trump has been saying to America, let's get back to work, take precautions and face the risk. 

He, himself did exactly that. He could have super isolated himself and all that. But he took normal precautions people always do with something like the flu, and a little bit more. But he piled on the work.

Now that he has contracted the virus, he has inadvertently become a perfect role model for his message. He has essentially said, "I told you to do something and I did it myself. I got stung, so I paid the dues. Now have all the morale in the world to say: I'm still telling you to do that."

As to feeling overwhelmed right now from all the lying and hollering, I know it's hard, but just hunker down and ignore it as much as you can. This will pass. It's like having to wait on a ten mile long convoy of tricked out motorcycles while you have a migraine and are late to an important meeting to boot.

It will pass, but it's gonna cost ya'.

The mainstream press does not want to inform you. It wants to manipulate you before the election. So ignore it and search for other sources of information. You will find some good ones out there and some duds.

But from what I see, even the worst duds like, say David Icke, are far superior to the fake news mainstream media. David believes in what he is saying and tells you. Once you are aware of what he believes in, you know what you are going to get when you watch him.

With the fake news media, they don't believe in anything. All they want to do is suck up and lick the butts of leftwing leaders. but they always try to tell you differently based on what they perceive you want to hear.

Who needs that shit when there are real problems to deal with?

Just ignore them if you watch them and something sounds off. Oddly enough, if you learn to do that right, especially on the main news items of the day, you will start to get some actual information from them.

Their second tier people assigned to second tier news often come up with lots of legit and cool stuff. The mainstream fake news media are Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hide organizations--with Frankenstein, Dracula and Werewolf, often standing in for Mr. Hide and a sporadic appearance by Godzilla and Jaws .

Michael

I appreciate what you're saying, there, and agree with being selective about what to take in, right now. Ironically, though, it's not just the left that can't be believed. The speculation on the pro-Trump side is confusing enough, though more benign in nature.

(And when I say it's a purposeful mind !@#%, that would include the "disinformation" presented by the cue continuum that we're told is necessary.)

There's much speculation over what this might alternatively be. Is it real? Is it a ruse? Is this an psyop? Is this a cover for something big? "October Surprise" starting now? Some of these might be right or wrong...even arbitrary. But the frustrating thing is that they're all plausible. (And if 2020 has shown us anything, it's that most anything is possible...)

(One example I saw had a historical precendent, referring to JFK faking a cold during the Bay of Pigs scenario. And there's a tweet from September going around that speculated that it would be Trump who would get diagnosed, and not Biden, as many of us suspected as a means to avoid debates...)

Like in most tumultuous situations, the anxiety comes from uncertainty, the loss of control. It's hard to know what to do without first-hand evidence, so one has to be ready for anything. And even then, it's the waiting for something to happen that makes it worse, as this drags out...And when both sides are speculation on the possibilities, it introduces too many variables. So, even with the pro-Trump people, one has to limit exposure to speculation (whether it's worst-case-scenario or over-optimistic appeals to "trust the plan"), even if benign, for the simply fact that most of us just don't know what's real.

57 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

added to countries like China...

Dropping the plural ("countries like"):  China, source of the designer-special bug.

Getting Trump infected wouldn’t have to involve the person-to-person physical contact you hypothesize.  The virus can live for varying lengths of time on various surfaces.  Presumably not everything Trump touches is sani-wiped every few minutes.

Just from my journeys to an eye clinic where I get an injection in my left eye to keep WMD at bay and where I can witness the obsessive lengths the medical staff go to trying to keep everything sanitized, I can think of a number of surfaces on which the virus could live for awhile and which get skipped despite all the efforts.

Ellen

I think this virus is just a trial run.  
It’s an almost perfect bio weapon.

super contagious 

lives up to two weeks on hard surfaces

The important part...up to 2 weeks before symptoms present themselves. That’s the big problem with Ebola, huge casualties but symptoms show up in 2-3 days.  Easier to contain/let it burn out.

Large  portion of the population asymptomatic.  They can be Typhoid Mary times..millions

Aaaaall they need to do is keep the infection rate high and then give it a smallpox twist.

After they of course inoculate themselves first...

1 hour ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

Dropping the plural ("countries like"):  China, source of the designer-special bug.

Ellen,

The other part I had in mind when I wrote that was the Deep State and fellow travelers (meaning interconnected foreign spy agencies).

I read the following book not too long ago.

Poisoner in Chief: Sidney Gottlieb and the CIA Search for Mind Control by Stephen Kinzer.

The Deep State is still entrenched in the CIA and the CIA has been capable--and willing--to pull this crap off since, at lease, the 1950's. 

Going through the different methods Gottlieb devised to kill foreign rulers, one of the most entertaining to me was the poison cigar for Castro. It worked, but they couldn't get him to smoke the damn thing. :) I think the problem was they couldn't find a way to get it into his cigar box.

I agree that China is the most likely culprit for President Trump getting sick, but I would not put it past the Military Industrial Complex (Deep State). They have assassinated at least one president before, Kennedy.

Everybody knows it, too, but they did what the mainstream press now do. And they got away with it. Hell, back then the CIA even came up with term "conspiracy theory" and emotionally loaded it with the tin-foil hat nuts image to shut down public speculation about this.

I don't believe dark-side spooks will suddenly repent once they have gotten away with something. Nor their kids (the ones who inherit their spirit). Nor the people they choose to follow in their footsteps. I think they will try to get away with more and refine their techniques.

Michael

It’s worrying that Trump is in hospital – too easy to be a victim of the Deep State in a hospital.  There’s no question James Forrestal was assassinated at Bethesda Naval Hospital and it’s likely Joe McCarthy was as well.

I don’t trust this “cocktail” of new drugs Trump was given.  I’m not reading Hydroxychloroquine, Zinc, Azithromycin.   He needs to bring in Dr. Meryl Nass or other doctor who has had great success with this combination.

Let's look down ballot for a sec.

If you were in a reelection run, wouldn't you think the gods are crapping on you with the following news?

U.S. Senator Thom Tillis says he tested positive for coronavirus

Following right in Trump's footsteps.

The left sure started going crazy with glee.

Maybe you cuss the gods in frustration.

And just as the disappointment is setting in and the worry about campaigning, what about this re your opponent?

EXCLUSIVE: North Carolina Democrat Senate Candidate’s Sext Messages With Veteran’s Wife

Cal Cunningham, who is a married father of two, has focused his U.S. Senate campaign against Republican Thom Tillis on Cunningham’s service as a veteran in Iraq and Afghanistan. But Cunningham is evidently engaged in extramarital activity with the wife of a fellow veteran.

Now that you have cussed the gods, what do you do?

Apologize?

Who needs Hollywood or Netflix these days?

Michael

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Maybe you cuss the gods in frustration.

Odd timing that  you say that...I had just heard a quote in a video somewhere else tonight, totally unrelated to any of this, from the Book of Job:

New King James Version
“Shall the one who contends with the Almighty correct Him? He who rebukes God, let him answer it.”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jules Troy said:

I think this virus is just a trial run.  
It’s an almost perfect bio weapon.

super contagious 

lives up to two weeks on hard surfaces

The important part...up to 2 weeks before symptoms present themselves. That’s the big problem with Ebola, huge casualties but symptoms show up in 2-3 days.  Easier to contain/let it burn out.

Large  portion of the population asymptomatic.  They can be Typhoid Mary times..millions

Aaaaall they need to do is keep the infection rate high and then give it a smallpox twist.

After they of course inoculate themselves first...

See this post of mine on the "Coronavirus" thread re what I called the "Pincer Plot":

https://www.objectivistliving.com/forums/topic/17540-coronavirus/page/50/?tab=comments#comment-299223

A section of that:

"... a virus engineered to be easily communicable human-to-human (unlike the standard animal-originating coronavirus).

"Next step - a further variant on the virus making a strain with increased deadliness range, so that people over about 60 are at as high risk as people over about 75 are with the current strain."

Smallpox would especially kill young people who might not have been inoculated.  It's the older ones who are more likely to be inconvenient to the ChiCom's goals.

I should have mentioned the long incubation period as a "range of function" enhancement on the "Coronavirus" thread.

That's a diabolically brilliant feature.  As you say, it means that many, many people can be spreading the virus without showing symptoms themselves.

It also means increased incentives for people to "social distance," since one doesn't know who among people one encounters might be a source of contagion.

Ellen