The 2020 Presidential Election Tournament

17 minutes ago, turkeyfoot said:

Does anyone have a home recording? Not an internet creation?

What do you mean by "home recording" (and of what)? PVR?

When I was looking at the "fake news" silliness about Kamala Harris's supposed facelift, I discovered that the most re-posted video "evidence" was a cellphone recording of the Al Sharpton interview live on MSNBC, which meant that the video-derived images were second-generation -- which adequately explained the still/screen-capture image compression artifacts.

Pixels!

When assessing a still/screenshot/single from a video, it's necessary to correctly identify its provenance. Is the video a first-generation High Definition offering from debate live feeds? Correct identification and a general understanding of compression artifacts serves discussion well.

Speculation is fun. How about "Biden used remote neural monitoring technology to access rehearsed responses"?

Cheating Trump of debate victories!

The Dems cannot win right now without cheating. And that's all right by them.

So will the new "tools" (shock collars, buzzers, microphone scissors, stage hooks ...) be agreed to by the respective campaigns?

The statement from the debate commission's Mr Thompson is pretty opaque.

Edited by william.scherk
Added Mr Thompson statement pic/tweet

31 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

So will the new "tools" (shock collars, buzzers, microphone scissors, stage hooks ...) be agreed to by the respective campaigns?

The statement from the debate commission's Mr Thompson is pretty opaque.

William,

One example of the cheating will be like this.

Should they get President Trump to agree to the moderator having the power to turn off the microphones (that will never happen, but let's suppose), they will do that with the absolute promise that they will only cut the mic when the time runs out. 

Then, of course, during the debate, they will cut Trump off when he starts making hash out of Biden--not gotcha hash, but hash that will move voters. If that starts becoming too obvious, they will have strategically placed "mishaps."

That came right out of my ass just now without even thinking about it. And it is way more plausible than anything I have heard from the left about what Trump will do.

Just think about what happened with Chris Wallace. Neil Cavuto announced before the debate that Fox's position and Chris Wallace's position is that he will not fact check the candidates, nor debate them. And right from the start, what was Chris Wallace doing? Trying to fact check Trump and trying to debate him. In one moment early on, Trump even told Wallace he thought he was debating the other guy. 

Not only that, Wallace was pushing the "Nazis are fine people" hoax on Trump and redefining critical race theory and other things--in other words lying in Trump's face--and demanding he disavow white supremacy as if he were a white supremacist.

That's a form of cheating. And I bet Chris Wallace got a nice hunk of change for doing it, or at least got the bad guys to not release damaging photos of him this time around or something like that.

Do not underestimate the creativity of the Democrats when it comes to cheating.

Like I said, they don't do it because they are desperate.

They cheat because they like it.

Michael

• Like 1

I find it odd that these people who spied on Trump's campaign ran a 4 year "muh Russians" hoax on him, impeached him under false premises, have called him every name in the book 24/7, and on and on and on, now want Trump to be civil to Biden.

They live in a bubble and they own the fake news mainstream media, so they publish their crap and pretend their lies are the truth.

But there are many, many people out there who think like I do who have no problem with Trump going off like he did last night.

The only way the Dems are going to get votes from people like me is to steal them and cheat.

The people who think like I do don't want to be civil about letting them get away with it.

Fuck them.

Michael

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Now the Dems are going to try to rig the next two debates.

President Trump's first reaction, contempt.

Good luck with the Commission doing the secret cheating thing on President Trump.

I would not like to be on that commission right now. There are the sleazy but deadly shadow assholes on the Dem side demanding they rig the damn thing, and a hopping mad Trump on the other side who is not afraid to brawl in public.

I would not be surprised to see a suicide or two before all this is over.

Michael

1 hour ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

btw - I am happy to be wrong about Hillary Clinton taking Biden's place.

:)

Michael

Likewise.  But there's still the threat of HRC's becoming Vice President - if she'd accept that slot and if the Senate would ok her nomination - and then maybe Kamala would "catch Covid" or something.  All of this upon the eventuality - which is looking like a big implausibility - of Biden's being elected.

Ellen

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

President Trump's first reaction, contempt.

Rush Limbaugh's too.

I can't resist posting this transcript from today, especially because of the headline.

Debate Commission Decides Chris Wallace Was an Insufficient Tool

Also a quote:

They’re not gonna shut off anybody’s mic. If they try that, you’re gonna find out how unnecessary microphones are where Donald Trump’s concerned. If they shut off his microphone, you’re gonna find out how little microphones are needed. 

Rush knows.

Nobody gave him his own success. He earned every single listener the hard way.

So he knows how to shut down that kind of hamhanded cheating with mics. 

In some of the shows I produced, I had mic issues and we always worked around them. In one show in particular (with JJ Jackson) the sound guy had a fight with him and screeched the mic live on purpose. JJ told him to shut off all the sound. Just shut it off.

The guy was pissed and was glad to comply. JJ looked at the band and told them to lay back. Then he turned around and started clapping slowly, laying down a beat. He got the audience to do the same. Then he started doing call and response things like "Haaaayyyy..." and the audience, swaying back and forth by then, responded with "Haaaayyyy..." He kept repeating that for a bit. Then he went into CALL: Hey haay!  RESPONSE: Hey haay!  ... and kept that going.

Then he started changing the words and the tunes, adding in fragments of pop tunes, and started adding fun things like having the ladies do one response, then the men doing the other. And on and on it went. He even dissed the sound guy (CALL: This sound guy sucks!  RESPONSE: This sound guy sucks!  ... repeated a few times. :) )

He improvised the whole goddam set that way with no electric sound. When it was all over, the audience went wild. He rocked the house. And the sound guy slunk out of there with his tail between his legs, good and fired. 

President Trump has this kind of presence of mind. Rush does, too. That's why Rush sees it in Trump. (My own experience is why I see it, too, for that matter.) They don't do it with music, but I have no doubt President Trump will do something with the public that will backfire big time on the mic saboteurs if they try any shit.

Michael

6 hours ago, william.scherk said:

What do you mean by "home recording" (and of what)? PVR?

When I was looking at the "fake news" silliness about Kamala Harris's supposed facelift, I discovered that the most re-posted video "evidence" was a cellphone recording of the Al Sharpton interview live on MSNBC, which meant that the video-derived images were second-generation -- which adequately explained the still/screen-capture image compression artifacts.

Pixels!

When assessing a still/screenshot/single from a video, it's necessary to correctly identify its provenance. Is the video a first-generation High Definition offering from debate live feeds? Correct identification and a general understanding of compression artifacts serves discussion well.

Speculation is fun. How about "Biden used remote neural monitoring technology to access rehearsed responses"?

Just that. I recorded the debate so am looking at "undoctored" material and I don't see the same things as Michael posted. 

"Bad things happen in Philly": "‘Memory sticks used to program Philly’s voting machines were stolen from election warehouse”Philadelphia Election"

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/election/philadelphia-election-trump-equipment-stolen-usb-laptop-20200930.html

A laptop and several memory sticks used to program Philadelphia’s voting machines were stolen from a city warehouse in East Falls, officials confirmed Wednesday, setting off a scramble to investigate and to ensure the machines had not been compromised.

Though it remains unclear when exactly equipment was stolen, sources briefed on the investigation said it vanished this week. The laptop and USB drives — the only items believed to have been taken — belonged to an on-site employee for the company that supplies the machines.

City officials vowed Wednesday that the theft would not disrupt voting on Nov. 3.

“We are confident,” said Nick Custodio, a deputy to Lisa Deeley, chair of the city commissioners, who oversee elections, “that this incident will not in any way compromise the integrity of the election.”

But behind the scenes, they fretted about how President Donald Trump and his allies might use the news to cast doubt on the integrity of the city’s elections in light of false claims and conspiracy theories he cited during Tuesday’s presidential debate.

The commissioners initially refused to confirm the theft or that an investigation had been opened. They only did so after The Inquirer informed them it would be reporting the incident based on sources who were not authorized to publicly discuss it.

Have you guys been watching the press trying to frame President Trump with the white supremacy thing?

Let's start with the end first, then look at the idiot press. Here is just one compilation among many out there where Trump has disavowed white supremacy, including in the debate two days ago.

Also, look at Chris Wallace in the 2016 election. Note that this video is impossible to find doing a simple YouTube search. YouTube and others do not want you to see this. So you can only find it on posts of others who embed it.

Compare that to Chris Wallace asking the same goddam question in the 2020 debate a couple of days ago. And just look at the NBC title. As a snafu on the dorks, they kept in Biden saying Antifa is an idea, not an organization.

Now, today there was a White House press briefing with Kayleigh McEnany. John Roberts of Fox News showed his ass in the briefing even worse than Chris Wallace showed his ass in the debate.

Look what poor little control freak John Roberts had to say when a huge backlash from his audience hit him hard.

Poor baby.

I didn't know he was part of the Deep State, but there it is.

To add icing to that cake, John Roberts' own wife, who works at ABC news, reported President Trump denounces white supremacy.

Here is what the Deep State melting down really looks like. :) 

image.png

(Image from here. I didn't embed the tweet because Twitter might take it down.)

For those who want to see the painful part of the press conference, here is a video:

Other reporters were doing that shit, too. The audiences of these assholes are telling them straight up to stop the idiocy, yet they keep on. They are no longer fooling their audiences and they still keep on like zombies.

Rush Limbaugh reported on this today.

McEnany Handles Unprofessional Press Corps on White Supremacy Crap

Here is part of the text to the John Roberts part. (Rush left Roberts' first question out, but he was the one who asked the question that prompted Kayleigh's first answer below. It basically asked--in an obnoxious overly condescending manner--for Kayleigh to denounce white supremacy in Trump's name.)

RUSH: I have the audio sound bites from the press briefing that I opened the program with describing. And I just want you to hear this. Now, remember, I’ve got the audio on. I’m not looking at the TV. I’m doing other things with show prep. But I’m hearing cross-talk, two and three people, sometimes four people sounds like, shouting at each other. Nobody is stopping to listen to anybody.

I said, “What the hell is this?” I look up, and it’s the White House press briefing. And I’m convinced that the media has decided to treat Kayleigh McEnany the way they think Trump treated Biden. I know that’s what they were doing. That’s what it looked like. I mean, the media wouldn’t shut up. They’re asking her constantly, “Will the president condemn white supremacy?” She says, he has, he has, whatever her answer was, they weren’t even letting her make the answer. They were talking over her. Here’s how some of it sounded.

MCENANY: This has been answered yesterday by the president himself, the day before by the president himself on the debate stage, the president was asked this. He said “sure” three times. Yesterday he was point-blank asked, “Do you denounce white supremacy?” And he said, “I’ve always denounced any form of that.”

I can go back and read for you in August 2019: “In one voice our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy.” In August of 2017, “Racism is evil and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists and other hate groups.” I have an entire list of these quotes that I can go through with you. He has condemned white supremacy more than any president in modern history.

RUSH: Okay. So there’s her statement. That’s the first time she was asked, and it wasn’t enough. We have John Roberts of Fox News here.

ROBERTS: But just to clear it up this morning, can you, naming it, make a declarative statement that the president denounces it.

MCENANY: I just did. The president has denounced this repeatedly.

ROBERTS: You read a bunch of quotes from the past.

MCENANY: The president was asked this. You’re contriving a storyline —

ROBERTS: No, I’m not.

MCENANY: — and a narrative.

ROBERTS: I’m just asking you to put this to rest.

MCENANY: I just did. I read you all the quotes.

ROBERTS: You read past quotes.

MCENANY: If you need to see them in writing, I will put them in an email.

ROBERTS: Can you right now denounce white supremacy and the groups it espoused.

MCENANY: I just did.

I have lost all respect for John Roberts.

Fuck him.

If I am watching TV and he comes on, I am going to change the channel. Just like I do for Chris Wallace most of the time.

In fact, I no longer watch Fox like I used to.

Michael

• Like 3

Incidentally, the press is supposed to report on events, not demand the swearing of oaths from people, much less the friggin' President of the United States.

Who the hell do they think they are?

The press has no power to do that and managing oaths is not its job.

Those idiots Chris Wallace and John Roberts know that, too. They just like showing their asses so they can get their liberal cocktail buddies to say, "My goodness, what beautiful asses you have."

People swear oaths to governments when they get power.

People swear oaths to God in churches.

People swear oaths to their spouses when they get married.

People even swear oaths to themselves in Atlas Shrugged.

People do not swear oaths to goddam lying reporters.

Reporters who do that come off to me like monkeys trying to roar like lions. All they do is screech and... well... look like monkeys.

Michael

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brant Gaede said:

"Past quotes." What other kinds are there?

--Brant

Brant,

LOL...

Technically you are right.

In this context, they are contrasting quotes from Tuesday's debate and after with quotes that came before.

It's a clunky way of saying it, but that's what they're all doing.

Michael

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Have you guys been watching the press trying to frame President Trump with the white supremacy thing?

. . .

The audiences of these assholes are telling them straight up to stop the idiocy, yet they keep on. They are no longer fooling their audiences and they still keep on like zombies.

Rush Limbaugh reported on this today.

Rush reported something else today, too.

Why this campaign about white supremacist all of a sudden?

I know I was wondering that. But I was pegging it to the idiocy of a group of people who would run Russian hoax in the mainstream for 4 years.

Rush gives it away in the headline to the transcript.

Why the White Supremacy Hysteria? What If Biden’s Bleeding Black Votes?

Yup... that does 'er for me.

Dem internal polling probably shows black vote bleeding out the wazoo. And the Dems are panicking.

The whole thing is a setup, and I’m telling you: There’s gotta be a reason. This stuff just doesn’t happen in a vacuum. It’s not solely because these people are left-wing journalists and Trump’s a Republican; therefore, he’s a racist. It’s not just that. There is a reason this question is continually asked, particularly right now, and it’s because it’s very possible that the Democrat candidate is bleeding black votes in their internal polling.

You’ve got Bob Johnson, the founder of Black Entertainment TV, saying he’s voting Trump because he doesn’t know what Biden is gonna do, and Biden can’t coherently explain to him what he’s gonna do. Four years ago, the same the moderator asked the same question — and the answer that the moderator got four years ago apparently didn’t satisfy him, because he saw fit to ask the question again.

These guys are losers and not just political losers.

They are spiritual losers.

They don't have a shred of integrity.

Michael

EDIT: Rush also said Trump's rally in Deluth, Minnesota last night was full of Democrats and non-voters who are interested in voting this go around. That's probably scaring the crap out of the Dems, too.

• Like 2

This may have been covered but here I go anyway. To be fair, there was ONE time I think President Trump recited something he memorized but that was it. Biden continually spouted memorized speech segments. Chris Wallace was tougher on Trump but our President was a bit rowdy.  Yet, it was hypocritical of Chris Wallace to state he wanted to be invisible and then to defend Biden.  What would his Dad Mike Wallace think of his performance and fairness?

Other take-away’s from the first debate are that I think President Trump despises former Vice President Biden. President Trump has no respect for Biden, doesn’t trust him, and fears for the country IF the (West Coast commie) Kamala, and (Deep State and corrupt) Joe democratic ticket beats him. That deep dislike may make him angry and he may not be at his best in the next debate.

We watched the debate on Fox News and another thing I noticed was that it was hard to hear President Trump..  Peter

President Trump and Melania have COVID-19 infection.

How convenient for Biden.

I have no doubt they were infected covertly, probably through someone infecting Hope Hicks or another person on his staff that was easier to get to.

Now Biden can bow out of the other two debates without looking like he is running away.

At least the bad guys have not assassinated President Trump.

I bet there is going to be hell to pay for this poisoning.

And I bet they don't develop symptoms.

Michael

Mike Cernovich said this was the best thing to happen to Trump because all the oxygen now belongs to him.

Someone else said President Trump will now be calling into TV and radio shows nonstop.

Another said that once he overcomes this illness and stops testing positive, he will look like even more of a winner to the electorate. The man who beat the virus.

Many are calling this the October surprise, which is why I believe he was poisoned.

But President Trump is creative in a manner the bad guys can't even fathom. So I have little doubt he will come up with a way to exploit this episode in a devastating way for Biden and the Dems.

I can practically see a House and Senate sweep for the Republicans off this.

Michael

Just to calm fears...

White House Physician: President Trump Will Carry out Duties ‘Without Disruption’ Despite Testing Positive for Coronavirus

White House Physician Sean Conley announced in a letter he expected President Donald Trump to continue carrying out his duties as president, despite testing positive for the coronavirus.

“Rest assured I expect the President to continue carrying out his duties without disruption while recovering, and I will keep you updated on any future developments,” U.S. Navy Commander physician Sean Conley wrote in a letter released to reporters.

If President Trump and the others don't develop symptoms, this is more media-food than anything else.

And even if he does develop symptoms, there is a lot of stuff he has access to that we don't yet.

I, for one, am more pissed about this than concerned.

One of the good things that comes of it is there will probably be no need to do the fist-fight about changing the debate rules with the swamp creatures. Also, Biden's crony scheduled to moderate the next debate will probably not be able to show off his dirty tricks. Not that they would have made a dent in Trump's support.

Michael

On 8/26/2020 at 6:25 AM, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Sandmann is starting out in life quite wealthy at the expense of the fake news media propaganda machine.

He's quite a symbol that you do not need to take the bullying from these jerks.

And it just got better.

The headline says it all.

BREAKING: New York Times, Rolling Stone, ABC, and CBS all DENIED motions to dismiss lawsuit brought by Covington teen Nick Sandmann

Screw the media.

Michael

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Many are calling this the October surprise, which is why I believe he was poisoned.

Fox is wondering if President Trump should “address the nation” about his and Melania’s (age 51, and lookin’ good) diagnoses. He already is informing us through the internet. I have no problem with that continuing. What if the first family starts to look ill? What if he coughs on camera? How does that help? Reportedly, some of his “aides” want to show the world and America, that government is still functioning at 100 percent . . . But the President has no intentions to do more at this time.  And he is being transparent. We just can’t watch our President when he is feeling ill. Well, I have seen him get off his helicopter, when he was definitely woozy. Melania has just tweeted she has minor symptoms but is doing well.

This is an old bromide of mine but this reminds me of the Kiefer Sutherland show, “Designated Survivor.”  That would make VP Mike Pence our designated survivor so Mike should go into lock down if he already isn’t safe and sound. And shebang. Vice President Pence just did Trump’s conference-call update about Covid-19.  Peter

9 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

And even if he does develop symptoms, there is a lot of stuff he has access to that we don't yet.

A major question is how large a dose.  All the medical expertise and the "stuff" Trump has access to could be insufficient if the dose is large enough.

Ellen