Coronavirus

Peter

It's all out in the open and people still follow the fake news mainstream media as their True North.

Did anyone catch that phrase?

Let me repeat it.

The largest transfer of wealth in human history.

That's the deal.

All the rest is storytelling. Extremely well-paid storytelling. And in the overwhelming gross, fiction at that.

Here's an interesting article that gives a great example of such storytelling counterbalanced with ignored fact.

I forgot who linked to this article of November 22, 2020 by Jeffrey Tucker, (yes, that Jeffrey Tucker, the libertarian dude), but it was someone like Scott Adams or Tim Pool or maybe even someone in the Trump insider orbit. I can't remember who linked to it. I know it was not someone part of any official "libertarian movement."

Irrespective of that, the article is good and quite eye-opening.

Asymptomatic Spread Revisited

As a weird aside, the article is dated Nov. 22, but has tweets in it from Nov. 23. Maybe time travel is discussed, too, but I haven't seen it so far... :) 

Here are two tweets in it dated Nov. 23.

Now use that to frames these two quotes from the article. (Jeffrey uses "fog of war" as his frame. I like the text by James Miller in the first tweet as a better frame.)

From the article:

I wrote at the time [June 9, 2020]:

What this suggests, of course, is that there is nothing mysteriously magical or insidious about this new virus. It behaves like the viruses that scientists have been studying for one hundred years. What we do with a normal virus is be careful around others when we have symptoms. We don’t cough and sneeze on people and generally stay home if we are sick. That’s how it’s always been. You don’t need lockdown to achieve that; you just proceed with life as normal, treating the sick and otherwise not disrupting life. 

If that is the case with this one, everything we’ve done over the months – the mask wearing, the grasshopper dance not to be next to people, the canceling of everything, the wild paranoia and premodern confusions – has been a calamitous and destructive waste of time, energy, and money. 

. . .

We keep hearing about how we should follow the science. The claim is tired by now. We know what’s really happening. The lockdown lobby ignores whatever contradicts their narrative, preferring unverified anecdotes over an actual scientific study of 10 million residents in what was the world’s first major hotspot for the disease we are trying to manage. You would expect this study to be massive international news. So far as I can tell, it is being ignored. 

With solid evidence that asymptomatic spread is nonsense, we have to ask: who is making decisions and why? 

To answer that last question, we could look at the people who financially benefit from this.

:) 

Money is a great incentive.

And once again, that earlier phrase comes to mind and it ramps the incentive up to the stars and beyond the Milky Way.

Michael

48 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

[Michael is quoting a Tim Pool tweet.]

I don’t doubt that the wealth transfer is large, but permit me to doubt that it’s larger than the wealth transferring produced by the "climate change" hustle.  😇

Ellen

• Like 1

"largest transfer of wealth" et al, just smack of age old cliche conspiracy theories, why aren't coincidence theories given equal rating? How far fetched is it to assume that wealth accumulations in certain sectors aren't just happenstance due to here to fore unforeseen circumstances, and that at cessation of hostilities :) , the inappropriate transfers won't be rectified?

• Smile 1

28 minutes ago, Ellen Stuttle said:

I don’t doubt that the wealth transfer is large, but permit me to doubt that it’s larger than the wealth transferring produced by the "climate change" hustle.  😇

Ellen

Ellen,

I agree so far, but it's a race, that's for sure. The virus is a late entrant, but man it is gaining ground...

But does it matter? The same people at the top are pulling the strings for both.

Michael

The Great Depression may have been the largest wealth transfer ever, from the middle class to the rich, as usual.  Wyndham Lewis, a British eccentric, wrote about this somewhere (when he was in the U.S.)  It’s hard to quantify the different transfers and compare.  Anyway, the Covid hysteria (not that one shouldn’t take vitamin D or that the elderly or sick shouldn’t take care) has caused a huge transfer.

Democrats once championed, in their own misguided if sincere way, the “working man.”  Now they openly hate him, at least if he isn’t one of the favored – insert string of letters.  They want him dead and some brazenly say so outright.

There was a headline story on the web about the coronavirus killing people in Africa now and the doctor quoted, had no oxygen or ICU beds left. And they mentioned how someone who was getting oxygen had their mask/tube fall out and the over worked staff did not notice  . . . and the person died. Take care Tony! 

At our Christmas gathering yesterday there were 9 of us and I did not feel as anxious as I did at Thanksgiving with the same family members, two of whom are teachers. 

Does anyone have any theories about who should (rightfully or morally) get the vaccine first?   

“If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.” Steve Martin

As to who gets the coronavirus vaccine first, it reminded me of the above. Not that I would be such a weasel but heck I would be willing to pay big bucks for it and . . . Peter   

Original transcript: Steve Martin: If I had one wish that I could wish this holiday season, it would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing together in the spirit of harmony and peace.

If I had two wishes that I could wish for this holiday season, the first would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of harmony and peace.. and the second would be for $30 million a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

You know, if I had three wishes that I could make this holiday season, first, of course, would be for all the children to get together and sing.. the second would be for the $30 million every month to me.. and the third would be for all encompassing power over every living being thing in the entire universe.

And if I had four wishes that I could make this holiday season, first would be the crap about the kids.. second would be for the $30 million.. the third would be for all the power.. and the fourth would be to set aside one month each year for an extended 31-day orgasm, to be brought about slowly by Rosanna Arquette and that model Paulina somebody, I can’t think of her name, of course my lovely wife could come, too. She’s behind me 100% on this, I guarantee you.

Wait a minute, maybe that sex thing should be the first wish! So, if I made that the first wish, because, you know, it could all go boom tomorrow, and then what have you got? No, no.. the kids singing would be great, that would be nice. No, no, who am I kidding! I mean, they’re not gonna be able to get all those kids together! I mean, the logistics of the thing is impossible! It’s more trouble than it’s worth! So, we reorganize: here we go. First, the sex – we go with that; second, the money. No! We go with the power second, then the money, and then the kids. Oh, wait, oh geez! I forgot about revenge against my enemies! Okay.. revenge against all my enemies, they should die like pigs in Hell! That would be the fourth wish! And of course, my fifth wish would be for all the children of the world to join hands and sing in the spirit of peace and harmony. Thank you, everybody.

I just want to mention this right now because I believe it will grow into something bigger. 

From December 23 at The American Thinker (although the explosion happened on December 20):

Unexplained explosion and fire destroy world's second largest pharmaceutical factory producing precursors for hydroxychloroquine

Prepare for supplies to tighten for the cheap, effective therapeutic treatment for early-stage COVID-19 infection, hydroxychloroquine (HCQ).  Just as the medical establishment in the U.S. is relaxing its absurd and lethal suppression of the cheap, generic drug, following President Trump's endorsement of it early in the pandemic, HCQ's continued availability may suffer.  The world's second largest pharmaceutical facility producing the precursors for HCQ has been destroyed by an explosion and fire.

Taiwan English News reports:

An explosion at a pharmaceutical factory in Taoyuan City left two injured and caused a fire early this afternoon, December 20.

People as far as Tamsui District in New Taipei City reported hearing the massive blast shortly after noon. Immediately after the blast, thick black smoke could be seen pouring out of the SCI Pharmtech factory. (snip)

The cause of the explosion is currently under investigation.

Liberty Times reported that the factory produces hydroxychloroquine APIs [active pharmaceutical ingredients —TL], and is the world's second largest HCQ raw material supplier.

image.png

Big pharma is not amused by hydroxychloroquine messing up its plans.

Nor is the CCP.

Nor is the Deep State...

Michael

The headline today had Vice President Biden saying pandemic going to get worse and then Fauci backing him up. I don't think those were political statements. I have mentioned how my sister who is a nurse and my niece who works at the VA are swamped in northern California with No unoccupied beds and people in the hospital hallways.  And it is worse in Southern Cal.   

I think they are political statements, if they were delivered with recommendations for the general population to seek out possible pre-infection mitigating actions or therapies they would have been medical statements, but it doesn't sound like they were.

Has Fauci ever counseled the gen pop to try and up their daily health regimens? better diet, regular exercise, vitamin protocols? I've only ever heard advice on masking and social distancing and a little hand washing from such quarters.

"They" say it will get worse, but I don't really get the sense 'they' think or act as if that's bad.

I heard from an ICU nurse over the holidays, they are at max capacity and open beds soon get filled by obese , elderly and those with significant comorbidities.

This lady is causing controversy.

Some applaud her. Others condemn her.

When I look at her, I see the spirit of Ayn Rand.

Do we live by reason or by fear?

The fear-based people say we must follow the science, yet when the science does not reinforce their fear, instead flies in the face of it and free people throw off their shackles, the fear-based people turn into irrational bullies.

Michael

• Upvote 1

Kurt Eichenwald is a leftwing heckler who sometimes gets into pedophile controversies and always manages to end up on the wrong side of them.

A categorical imperative for him almost always involves age limit. :evil: 

Also, as Internet trolls go, he's typical in the courage department. When shit gets real, he runs.

I think he used to be talented...

As for impact on the world, he's low-level flash-in-the-pan gossip and nothing more.

If you want to waste a lot of time, check out his Twitter account. He's just as prolific as he is petty. It's a large nonstop sewage stream of goading people with trivial insults. 

Michael

44 minutes ago, ThatGuy said:

That's as may be, re Eichenwald. What grabbed my attention, from the O'ist side of things was the Kantian justification. I think I heard the ghost of Ayn Rand chuckling from Valhalla with an "I told you so!"...

TG,

I heard that, too.

But as a mental habit that I can't stop for some damn reason, I always end up outside the context. In this case, I started wondering whether Eichenwald ever read Kant or even knows what a categorical imperative is. From what I have read of him, I think it's a phrase he picked up from somewhere, knows it sounds learned and, for propaganda purposes, realized it sounds definitive.

In short, I think he faked it in a name-dropping way.

I don't think he is even aware of the Kantian roots of the corruption in his own brain, that is, the epistemological system he uses for thinking and judging and dealing with reality, which comes from some realm somebody said exists (a fantasy core story, so to speak). It doesn't come from observable reality. That's the essence. In getting to Kant, does anyone believe Eichenwald knows what noumenal means? I sure as hell don't.

Weirdly enough, Jake Tapper is closer to realizing his own epistemological corruption is spiked by calling the fantasies he tells himself reality and it is driving him insane.

I can't find the video right now, but I recently saw one where Tapper said people like Hawley and Trump supporters in general can't see reality. Nothing wrong with that as an opinion (except it's wrong), but he said the word "reality" in the same few minutes about 10-15 times. The idea of reality is starting to get under his skin.

It's different than propaganda, ain't it, Jake? With reality, repeating it over and over doesn't make it happen.

The latest Tapperism is the phrase "stochastic terrorism." I had to look that up and it actually is a thing. Stochastic basically means random and "stochastic terrorism" originally meant random acts of violence by a terrorist in order to subdue a society with fear. Then some "genius" at one point said speech can be used for "stochastic terrorism." And off the free speech enemies went running with it

Tapper described it as (I paraphrase), Trump just comes out with things and his followers automatically believe them--it's scary. :)

What that actually means to an elitist like Tapper is that he can't control and debunk a reality-based message through propaganda. He can't get those little human livestock suckers to behave the way he wants the to with words he can change at will.

What's worse, the only reality he allows himself to see is the one within his core story where he is one of the Anointed. The rest of reality scares the shit out of him. And the idea that the human livestock he believes he was born to lord over can see a reality that he can't, or won't, is just too absurd to imagine.

Yet, underneath, he knows they can. He even knows he is a human being and no better than the "human livestock" he looks down on. And, to my own delight when seeking out examples and case studies, I can easily see the results of one part of his brain castigating him hard for corrupting his reason by divorcing it from his eyes.

It is making him melt down more and more these days and his vocabulary keeps referencing reality more and more without identifying what he means by that.

And that, to me, is what a categorical imperative (although not a Kantian one) looks like in practice for a pundit when it is adopted as a replacement for reality. It drives the believer nuts when actual reality collides with it.

Sorry for the detour... I got excited...

Michael

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

I started wondering whether Eichenwald ever read Kant or even knows what a categorical imperative is. From what I have read of him, I think it's a phrase he picked up from somewhere, knows it sounds learned and, for propaganda purposes, realized it sounds definitive.

In short, I think he faked it in a name-dropping way.

I get that, and that also may be the case. But when I was trying to find the actual tweet on Twitter (not just the screenshot; I never did find it, btw...), when it came up, OTHER people were calling out the Kantian source, so I thought that was notable in itself...(Granted, I didn't look so close as to see if they were mostly for or against Kant, but if #Kant starts trending on Twitter, there may be an earthquakes in Valhalla... 😉 )

From WaPo: U.S. sets covid-19 death record as researchers point to asymptomatic cases as a major source of infections. As the United States marked another grim milestone Thursday with more than 4,000 covid-19 deaths reported in a single day, federal disease trackers said research suggests that people without symptoms transmit more than half of all cases of the novel coronavirus . . . . The need to slow transmission is especially evident in Los Angeles County, where Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer said Wednesday the region was in the midst of “a health crisis of epic proportions.” The county has reported more than 200 daily covid-19 deaths in recent days and has about 8,000 people hospitalized with covid-19. Statewide, California reported 583 deaths Thursday. end quote

I have a hunch OL will have a Biden / Harris thread someday but for now I will stick with other topics to mention aspects of their looming presidency. Many fear Covid restrictions will be more ferocious under Biden with more federal arrests for “medical law breakers.” Now I think most of the restrictions and penalties are coming from individual states.

Locally things are much the same. No mask. No service. I went to Doyle’s restaurant in Selbyville, Delaware for two delicious, take out turkey dinners and I had a mask on but the people eating did not. I stood there for about ten minutes waiting by the cash register and one lady diner saw some people she knew waiting for a table and she came out to talk to them with no mask on . . .  and the people took a step backward from her.

Peter,

If Biden actually does get sworn in, hold onto your hat.

If you thought the scary stats and facts about the virus were bad, you ain't seen nothing yet.

These assholes groom the communication of their stats and facts with behavioral engineering. The effects of this will ramp up to the stratosphere on those inside the mainstream media and big tech box.

In short, they got you scared and cautious right now. Under Biden, they will keep you terrified near heart attack level. The stress will be hard to get through unless you hone some healthy context discernment skills.

And the shame of it is, it will be behavioral engineering. Mostly fiction. Not a fucking virus. Well, there will be the sporadic virus stuff they will let loose so the press can take pictures of the victims or when a hospital or crony or something needs to cover their embezzlements.

I can't express the level of contempt I have for people who do that to others for money and power.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Lookee here. Surprise, surprise, surprise...

Ice cream from China contaminated with coronavirus: report

Three samples of ice cream from a Chinese company tested positive for COVID-19, and thousands of boxes of the dessert have been confiscated as a result. 

The contaminated ice cream caused Tianjin Daqiaodao Food Company to dump 2,089 boxes of the product, although officials believe more than double that amount -- 4,836 boxes -- has been contaminated, Sky News reported. 

More than half the total boxes had already been distributed for sale when the positive tests were discovered. Market regulation authorities in other provinces outside Tianjin where the ice cream was sent were notified of the issue, and customers who may have purchased the product are being told to report their health to community officials.

Expect to see more and more of this kind of "accident."

I guess China believes the normal delivery mechanisms they used for the virus (like contaminated people) isn't working fast enough. They're perfecting the process first, then this will be ready for export.

Michael