Coronavirus

Peter

Humans are the transmission engine , avoid all human contact and you will not “catch” practically every communicable disease.

The main problem , other than the pernicious actions of authorities acting to control in the name of health and safety, is the fear generated from ‘the media’ and the public’s reliance on the information disseminated being from non bad actors.

Scott Adams had a really good point in that one should science but not necessarily scientists. Scientists are fallible individuals and not inherently as trustworthy as science as a method. All the data and statistics as ‘hard’ as they may be can be evaluated and analyzed in different ways and different conclusions will result , and may not even be in contradiction to other conclusions.

So much of the way we think is in a binary frame between extremes. An almost pathologic reduction in human attention span doesn’t help .

Novel virus infections , even engineered, are ‘natural’ reoccurring events. There no practical ways to achieve zero infections and zero deaths , even though that sense is sporadically articulated the framing and conditioning makes the presence of cases seem like a failure to achieve zero transmission.

Pandemics suck .

And fuck China .

Dr. Marty Makary blasts FDA timetable to approve coronavirus vaccine: 'Why are they waiting three weeks?'

https://www.foxnews.com/health/dr-marty-makary-coronavirus-vaccine-fda-approval-timetable

UK to approve Pfizer and BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine next week: report | TheHill

https://thehill.com/policy/international/527822-uk-to-approve-pfizer-and-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-next-week-report

I believe Ellen will be especially interested in this one.

I haven't read it other than a quick skim, but it looks like Bill Gates was negotiating a $100 billion contact tracing contract with the government 6 months before the pandemic

It's late, so I will only look at this tomorrow.

EXCLUSIVE: Bill Gates Negotiated $100 Billion Contact Tracing Deal With Democratic Congressman Sponsor of Bill Six Months BEFORE Coronavirus Pandemic

Who knew that Gates was also psychic?

Michael

• Upvote 1

I went to the Georgetown Delaware VA today for a blood draw. They took me in a half hour early because I thought the traffic would be slower and I arrived early. I was in and out in ten minutes. It was the usual interrogation at the door. “Have you had or do you know anybody who has had . . . etc. etc. etc.

And then they took my temperature twice after the” step forward and put your forehead near the machine” didn’t work. It never does work but they don’t have a clue as to why it works on everyone else but not me. You see your real time moving picture as you step forward until your head fills up a standard size outline of a head and body etched into the picture and then it is supposed to ping with your temperature.

One fellow vet was in the waiting room before and after I left and he did not look well at all. I hope it was a bad hangover he had and not the deadly “Black Death from China.”

It repeats what may have been already reported here but the Newsletter from Hillsdale College had an interesting article from an immunologist. When they first started testing people for Covid in the U.S., the death rate was 3 percent or more. But there is a problem with that percent. Only a small sample of Americans were tested back then. Now that a whole lot more people have been tested the death rate in America is TWO TENTHS of one percent. The death rate is much higher for people over 70 as previously reported. But the vast majority of people tested are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.     

6 hours ago, Peter said:

It repeats what may have been already reported here but the Newsletter from Hillsdale College had an interesting article from an immunologist. When they first started testing people for Covid in the U.S., the death rate was 3 percent or more. But there is a problem with that percent. Only a small sample of Americans were tested back then. Now that a whole lot more people have been tested the death rate in America is TWO TENTHS of one percent. The death rate is much higher for people over 70 as previously reported. But the vast majority of people tested are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.     

According to the Worldometer, the USA's cumulative death rate (deaths/cases) peaked at 5.94% in early May. It has since slowly declined and was 1.95% through yesterday.

I saw an article which reported that over half the inmates in Dakota prisons have the China virus. And stay away from large grocery stores and box stores, even if a lot of people are not in the store when you shop, because the “stored breath / virus count” can still be high. 55 percent of new cases can be traced to grocery and box stores.

From  ABC News . . . . While Kenya, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan and Ukraine have more than 1.4 million COVID-19 cases between them, according to Johns Hopkins University, they'll only have access to vaccines through COVAX, the global vaccine sharing program.

Canada, on the other hand, which has only reported 432,870 infections, has cut direct deals with vaccine makers and purchased enough doses to vaccinate each Canadian citizen five times, the report found.

I use Instacart to get groceries but DoorDash's IPO is surging on Wall Street. But how will it's stock fare when the pandemic is over? Do people just "continue on" with what they are now doing after everyone is vaccinated? I miss going into the few stores I normally go to like Food Lion.   

Our comical Maryland governor Hogan has an interesting commercial which ends with him saying, “Just wear the damn mask.” He doesn’t need tell me what to do from a health standpoint because I have followed good protocols for around nine months anyway. Following the science is Randian. Peter

From Chris Smith. People who will receive coronavirus vaccines will still be advised to wear face masks for the foreseeable future, as researchers are looking to determine whether vaccination can prevent infection and whether immunized people could still be infectious to non-vaccinated people. The current lineup of vaccine candidates will not prevent infection with SARS-CoV-2, as they’re meant to reduce the severity of the illness and the risk of complications. Vaccinated people might still be infected with the virus in their nose, where the pathogen could replicate to large enough levels before antibodies clear it to be dangerous to non-vaccinated people.

Can i get the shot Monday?

FDA advisers recommend Pfizer-BioNTech coronavirus vaccine, with agency action expected soon.

Than you Pfizer! I feel foolish.

Having my baby
What a lovely way of sayin' how much you love me?
Having my baby
What a lovely way of sayin' what you're thinkin' of me?

I can see it
Face is glowin'
I can see in your eyes
I'm happy you know it

That you're having my baby
You're the woman I love and I love what it's doin' to ya
Having my baby
You're a woman in love and I love what's goin' through ya

The need inside you
I see it showin'
Whoa, the seed inside ya, baby, do you feel it growin'?
Are you happy you know it? . . . .

Songwriter: Paul Anka

I contacted via email a local Pharmacy / clinic asking when I could get the Covid vaccine but they have not responded. I may also ask the VA for advice. I plan on getting it as soon as I can. Is anyone else planning on getting it, and if not, why not? 

Doctor, doctor, tell me the news. Odd. I got the flu shot a while back but as of yesterday I feel like I have a cold. My symptoms are the usual rare sneeze, phlegm in the throat (white or clear), and a general feeling of not being well. Peter

From the Washington Post back in October. . . . . Emily Landon, the chief infectious-disease epidemiologist at University of Chicago Medicine, disagrees. “There is no way to tell the difference between cold and covid especially at the beginning,” she said, and the best way to protect your family and others you come into contact with is to get a test.

When to obtain a test “is a very difficult and complex question,” Michael Mina, an assistant professor of epidemiology and a faculty member in the Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics at Harvard, wrote in an email. “Medical care is clashing with public health and resource constraints in a way that we are not used to at all in this country.” He added: “Simply, there is no right answer.” Because there is so much overlap between the symptoms of cold, flu and covid-19, it can be challenging, even for clinicians, to distinguish among them without a test. “We’ve got a very complicated situation because, as with any respiratory infections, we’re dealing with a spectrum, and symptoms don’t tell you everything,” Monto said.

According to the CDC, with a cold, you can experience sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose, sore throat, coughing, postnasal drip, watery eyes and fever (not common).

With the flu, you might have a cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, muscle or body aches, headaches, fatigue and fever/chills — although it’s important to understand that it’s possible to have flu without a fever. Vomiting and diarrhea are more common in children than adults.

Symptoms of covid-19 again can include sore throat, cough, congestion or runny nose, as well as fever or chills, shortness of breath, fatigue, body ache, headache, loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting or diarrhea. The loss of taste or smell is a real tip-off, experts say.

The difficulty in pinpointing which virus is at play may make it tempting for anyone who develops any symptoms to seek a test. Instead of automatically seeking a test, “what I am advocating, as is the case almost universally when dealing with this situation, is apply common sense,” Monto said. That means you should assess your symptoms and consider other factors, such as whether you have been exposed to someone who has covid-19, how much you’ve been out in public, the infection rate in your area, and any risk factors you have . . . .

3 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Now comes the dirt.

Unfortunately, the report was too soon.

The Gateway Pundit article's headline has been changed to:

American Medical Association Votes on Hydroxychloroquine Prevention Order, Keeps it in Place — How Many People Have Died Because of These Soulless Hacks?

"This post was updated with the disappointing information that the AMA ultimately rejected resolution 509."

"Later during voting the 509 did NOT pass."

Ellen

On 12/14/2020 at 10:08 AM, Peter said:

I contacted via email a local Pharmacy / clinic asking when I could get the Covid vaccine but they have not responded. I may also ask the VA for advice. I plan on getting it as soon as I can. Is anyone else planning on getting it, and if not, why not? 

I plan to get the vaccine, but I am not first in line in the household or community. First up are staff of care-home and long-term care places. We have over fifty current active outbreaks in long-term care/assisted living locales.  

Staff first, then residents. Next the "front-line" workers in acute-care health settings. I am smudging through many details.

A little bit lower at the top of the list are age cohorts beginning with the 90+ -- and then moving downward through the decades. 

I expect I will have my shots sometime March-ish.  It's a massive coordination and logistics operation to get the delicate agents where they need to be (in Canada, the Armed Forces are basically in charge. Not really).

I am going to be f**king relieved when our own 83 year-old gets his double dose. One of my siblings has an immune disorder and may have to wait even longer than me, for the second approved vaccine out of the gate (Moderna).

Hoping that when we hear from you again you tell us you are getting over the cold. Take care, older fella.

5 minutes ago, william.scherk said:

Hoping that when we hear from you again you tell us you are getting over the cold. Take care, older fella.

I just happened to log in at 12:46 EST. Thanks William. I am amazingly over my cold. I wish you well. Peter

• Like 1

Do you remember the phrase, laying an egg in public?

Well, the publicity stunt for the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine laid a big fat ploppy egg.

WATCH: Nurse Passes Out on Live Television After Taking Coronavirus Vaccine

A nurse at CHI Memorial Hospital in Tennessee passed out on live television after receiving the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine on Thursday.

Their PR stunt for the vaccine could not have possibly gone any worse.

Nurse Manager Tiffany Dover was speaking during a press conference about the vaccines when she told reporters she was feeling a bit dizzy.

Moments later, Dover fainted and was caught by one of the doctors standing behind her.

Then came the BIG LIE, of course.

“It just hit me all of the sudden, I could feel it coming on. I felt a little disoriented but I feel fine now, and the pain in my arm is gone,” Dover told News 9 when she came to.

The medical team claimed that her passing out was not related to the ingredients in the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.

Dover claims that she frequently passes out when she feels pain.

Oh sure...

:)

Assholes...

Here, watch the lady take a swan dive.

And here is a BitChute link in case Twitter takes that down.

Michael

12 hours ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

Here, watch the lady take a swan dive.

And here is a BitChute link in case Twitter takes that down.

That didn't take long. The Twitter video is already down.

image.png

Since the BitChute video I linked to has other discussion in it, here is another BitChute video that is similar to the one Twitter took down.

THE SIDE EFFECTS OF HAVING FAITH IN A COVID VACCINE

image.png

Coming to a drugstore or hospital near you...

Michael

43 minutes ago, Michael Stuart Kelly said:

That didn't take long. The Twitter video is already down.

image.png

Since the BitChute video I linked to has other discussion in it, here is another BitChute video that is similar to the one Twitter took down.

THE SIDE EFFECTS OF HAVING FAITH IN A COVID VACCINE

image.png

Coming to a drugstore or hospital near you...

Michael

Uh, yes. Today I celebrate my news after receiving the vaccine. Da, eh Yes, today I received a vaccine for SARS-CoV-2. Uh, um, ahem, it will be great help and because I am selfless soul search of pюдle to help I Will хlтngо subjected myself to сегодня effects and come to the душа of my country to…Im sorry, Di Di Dizzy, Да, мне сделали прививку от SARS-CoV-2. Это будет большим подспорьем, и поскольку я самоотверженная в поисках людей, которые могут мне помочь, я охотно подверг себя воздействию и пришел на помощь своей стране, чтобы помочь всем хорошим людям в погоне за быстрой коричневой лисой, которая перепрыгнула через реку. Лентяй. Да СОБАКИ умрут, как и вы, если не сделаете вакцину. Better red than dead.

• Smile 1