News about my health

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris,

I am terribly sorry to hear about your stroke. I know that is a very scary and difficult situation to go through. Take care of yourself and you should have a speedy and complete recovery. Michael's mother had an amazing recovery so I know that medical science has advanced greatly in that area since my father-in-law had a stroke about 15 years ago. I'm glad you are feeling better.

Stay strong and don't ever do that again!

Hugs,

Kat

... I had forgotten about Disneyland. ...

Chris, I just now read of your stroke, and I hope by now you're doing much better, and that this won't recur.

I had a "visual stroke" 3 years ago, and I was lucky in that it only damaged some of the peripheral vision in my left eye, and it hasn't recurred or spread since then. Sometimes we get lucky, and I hope you are, too.

Forgetting about Disneyland, though -- that's something I have to do 5 nights a week, and it lasts about 12 hours, until I have to go back to work the next morning. :-/

I'm counting the years, months, and weeks until I will be able to quit that job. 77 months as of January 27.

Take care!

REB

chrisgriebdisney1.jpg

Oh my God. Chris, I just finished your sketch and now applying the shading. Man, I really did a super exaggerated job on you! Yikes, I hope you do have a sense of humor when you see this. Believe me, it was still done with the greatest affection and respect. I captured the joy and benevolence in your face, for sure. :)

edit: Chris, an update: the shading is filling out the caricature and you are coming to life on the page. Jesus, even I have to step away from the drawing taken, aback by it. It is life frozen on paper. And it almost feels as if someone else is doing it and I’m merely an observer. But then I look at my left hook and realize that I’m its creator. I feel like Colin Clive in the 1931 version of Frankenstein. (“It’s alive! It’s alive!”)

Edited by Victor Pross

Hey Chris, I’m polishing off your drawing. I do have a request: could you list a dozen or so of your favorite books? Name some philosophy books and novels (or whatever) you have read in your life. Finally, name a fave comic book of yours. That’s all I need and it’s done!

MSK: I will foreword the drawing this Sunday or so. It’s going to be a lot of fun.

-Victor

Chris,

I am happy to hear that you suffered little damage. Please take care so we can continue to enjoy your company, not to mention so you can enjoy ours.

Anna may have made up some of your medicated IVs or filled an order for pills. She is a pharmacist in the Washington VA Hospital In-Patient Pharmacy.

We wish you a rapid recovery.

I haven't posted about my health for awhile. This morning I went to the store by myself. It was harder than I expected. I'm going to Cato tomorrow if the weather holds. We may have freezing rain. I don't do well in freezing rain. It's one day at a time.