News about my health

I just got this e-mail from Chris today:

I saw my primary care doctor today. Everything seems to be coming along. My bad cholesterol is down. My good cholesterol could be better but will improve. My blood pressure was very good. My weight is down. I still get tired from only a little bit of exertion but I am much better than when I came out of the hospital. I like getting e-mails. Yours Chris

For those who wish to send him a get-well or support e-mail, here is his address:

cjgriebp@hotmail.com

Get well, Chris. We are all rooting for you.

Michael

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Jeff; Meeting you in person is something that keeps me going. Maybe after you get into college you can intern at Cato or the Objectivist Center or play baseball at some DC school.

There's a summer baseball league/tournament for college players up in that area. DC is always a nice place to visit anyway. I went there at the end of my eighth grade year, it was real fun. Maybe I'll be in the area for one of those things.

Jeff; Let me know. Will you be playing? I took the liberty of giving your address to the Objectivist Center and they will be sending a mailing to you. You were looking at colleges how about George Mason in Fairfax, Va. They have Nobel Prize winners teaching. The basketball team is pretty good. Chris PS I hope there is not a problem with your mother.

Chris, in 1993, I was diagnosed with cancer -- so I know how terrifying a diagnosis of a very serious condition can be. But my first thought was: "Thank God it's the 1990's!" I realized how much better my chances of recovery were than they would have been a decade or so earlier -- and in fact I have ben cancer-free for thirteen years. You are in the same position I was: the medical strides in dealing with your condition have been enormous in the last years. So hang in there, my friend, and be of good cheer.

And treat yourself with gentleness and consideration, as you would treat a friend in your position. Allow yourself to be frightened if you need to be, to rail at the gods if you need to, to cry if you need to. And know that you have many people who are thinking of you and and wishing you well.

Barbara

• 1 month later...
Thanks guys. You are all too kind. I am going watch my diet and pay more attention to my brother's ideas on diet. You're all great.

As soon as your doctor clears you to do physical exercise, visit the gym thrice weekly (at least). When there do, but not overdo, gentle aerobics and some upper body work with the weights. Easy does it, but do it.

A day without a twenty mile bike ride is a day without joy. Like today. It has been raining steadily all day here in the Bad-a-Bing State, New Jersey. Phoo!

Ba'al Chatzaf

Edited by BaalChatzaf

Oh my gosh, I don't know how I missed this one, Chris. Hope you get well. As a diabetic who's been in an out of the hospital since November 2005, I have three words for you:

!. Exercise

2. Aspirin

3. Olive Oil

Take those every day and you will protect yourself as well as whatever other exercise and prescription regimens you are on. Working for me (so far).

Hang in there!

• 2 weeks later...

On Friday May 4th I will have a prostate biopsy. This procedure does not require a stay in hospital. The next week I get the results which in the two I've had before were negative.

On Friday May 4th I will have a prostate biopsy. This procedure does not require a stay in hospital. The next week I get the results which in the two I've had before were negative.

Chris, once you return with the good news of good health, I should draw a picture of you holding in your arms Veronica Lake or Marilyn Monroe—or any hottie of your choice, buddy! Whew, reason for a heart attack instead! Let’s go on a fantasy ride. I’m just the man to picture what it would be like.

Psst, come here. I’ll say what I said in private email: You’re a good man, my friend. :turned:

-Victor

Edited by Victor Pross

Even if you have prostrate cancer the odds are that it's not the aggressive kind. My uncle has been living with prostrate cancer for many years. The doctors are merely observing it. The odds are that I too will eventually get this cancer--and not die of it. I keep reading in the papers 40,000+ were diagnosed last year and 9,000+ died of it. Regretfully, in 1993 I did lose a friend to it.

--Brant

Michael;

I can assure the biopsies are not. I had two and some of the best news I got was when a third was cancelled.

[Will I see you and Kat in Towson? Thanks!

Edited by Chris Grieb

• 2 weeks later...

The results from my procedure are not as good as previous ones. I have not seen the doctor and I will not have more information till Thursday.

I am still going to Summer Seminar. I hope to get to 2008 one also.

I will accept all good wishes which I already have.