100 Bad Movies You Should See Before You Die

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most all the B movies were so bad they were good, if you are into camp. Heck, consider "The Blob." The blob was kept in a bucket when they made it.

My god, The Blob is a good one to add! That damn thing gave me horrific nightmares when I was a youngin, along with Volcano and Congo.

Wonders why so many black people love kung fu movies so much, and still trying to find more than one black Objectivist. A connundrum indeed...

Wu Tang Clan ain't nuthin' to fuck with! :lol: Rich, you can count me as black, 'cause brotha, I got soul!

• 1 month later...
Haha, I don't know how to start this list, just figured we needed one. So I guess I'll throw Catwoman out there.

-The Fly- (1958) version. Hellp meeeee! Hellp meeeee! To this day I cannot watch it. It scares the bejesus out of me.

Ba'al Chatzaf

~ Well...so much for my 'last' post in this thread!

~ What is it about this idea of the 'worst' film (or book, or whatever) that's so attractive? One spells out whatever it is (or, they are), and that's it, no? NO! One has to check and read if others got a 'worse' one. Talk about maso-competition!

~ In 'checking' the followup commentaries, I notice that WAR OF THE ROSES got focused on by Greybird. In one sense, he's correct, (though there are recent ones even 'worse' [in G's sense], such as LITTLE CHILDREN), but, not in the sense meant by Jeff, who started this thread.

~ There are some cinemae worthless in time-spending in seeing, however 'well done' they may be. The story's 'the thing', bottom-line. However, let's not confuse identifications/evaluations of the appearance of 'the Elephant Man' with the actual Joseph Merrick himself.

LLAP

J:D

~ Even in movies, some are not what they superficially, on 1st seeing, what they seem.

~ I think that too many are confusing (as in any/all 'art' evaluations) 'badly done' with 'metaphysically unnacceptable'.

~ PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE is not in the same league as AMERICAN BEAUTY. The former was 'badly done,' which is this thread's (Jeff's) intended point of 'worst' re films; whereas the latter was a nihilistically bad (Greybird's), yet, well-done movie.

~ WAR OF THE ROSES was not 'badly done' regardless its interpretation by a viewer (and, I disagree with Greybird's view itself therein, but, that's, I stress, a whole separate 'nother subject re comparative 'reviewing' of worth-seeing-for-its-ideas.)

~ In this thread, we're talkin' RODAN and SON OF DRACULA'S DAUGHTERS here where one distractably notices shoddy production values and not sloppy philosophical ones such as the existentialistic THE SWIMMER and NO EXIT.

~ Let's keep a Crow and Tom perspective here, hmmm?

LLAP

J:D

-The Fly- (1958) version. Hellp meeeee! Hellp meeeee! To this day I cannot watch it. It scares the bejesus out of me.

Ba'al Chatzaf

Dang you beat me in that one.

Should also add Barbarella ('68), Altered States ('80), and The Stuff ('85).

The first because it makes the unsexiest use of a woman's body for marketing purposes; the latter two for their sappy, heavy-handed moralizing.

• 15 years later...
On 5/10/2007 at 10:29 AM, Steve Gagne said:

Should also add Barbarella ('68), Altered States ('80), and The Stuff ('85).

Variations on a theme of Paganini. I ain’t got to show you no stinkin’ badges. We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges. I don't have to show you any stinking badges!

• 4 months later...

Tonight, we watched Rob Zombi’s production of “The Munsters.” It isn’t for everyone. It’s quirky, a boor at times, and scarier than the TV show, but we laughed a lot. It was fun seeing this interpretation of the characters. You have been warned!

• 7 months later...

We watched every episode of this pseudo-documentary, “Daisy Jones & the Six.”. I would give it a mere B plus . . . but when we started watching, we were hooked. Peter

From Wikipedia: Daisy Jones & the Six follows "a rock band in the 1970s from their rise in the LA music scene to becoming one of the most famous bands in the world and explores the reason behind their split at the height of their success." The Amazon Prime Video series is based on Taylor Jenkins Reid's book of the same name, which the author describes was partly inspired by her experience growing up and by watching Fleetwood Mac performances on television. end quote

From Wikipedia: Keough was born on May 29, 1989, at Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California.[2] She is the eldest child of singer-songwriter Lisa Marie Presley. end quote